BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 327 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't blue there top team? and yes we all know who the top team is. Thats the point . I guess the real question is , Do the Yellow Jacket collective think that having the second blue team kind of diminish that mystique, or is kind of unfair to the girls that are on the "real" blue team.I mean those girls are really good and worked really hard for that rep. no offense o.k. Just asking what you guys think

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow that was kind of nasty
Originally Posted by Anonymous
and who really cares if you win any games anyway

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
this was my post . sorry I wasn't logged in
Isn't blue there top team? and yes we all know who the top team is. Thats the point . I guess the real question is , Do the Yellow Jacket collective think that having the second blue team kind of diminish that mystique, or is kind of unfair to the girls that are on the "real" blue team.I mean those girls are really good and worked really hard for that rep. no offense o.k. Just asking what you guys think

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From an outside club perspective, how do you know if you are playing the real blue team or the 2nd or third blue? If you beat a blue team, was it the 1st team, 2nd team????? How will the multiple color teams get listed at tournaments? Will the rest of the world be able to distiinguish who they are playing?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I wouldn't know which blue team was the top team. Maybe within the YJ structure you guys know, and maybe it will become clear during tournament season, but from the outside looking in I don't know who's who.

The whole two blue, two yellow teams per year confuses me. I've been reading the arguments for and against here. My feeling is each team name should be unique. Maybe CR is going to append something to the team names toward that end.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally i think it was a silly move to have 2 blue etc. and I think the players who believe they deserve the blue label do resent it a little. I also think the kids who are on the lower level (for lack of a better name) blue team are not that comfortable with the situation either.In the end most people who care will know which blue team is the higher level team and the names will not matter much, To be honest I rarely know what color of other clubs means what, too many teams too many colors to keep track.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally i think it was a silly move to have 2 blue etc. and I think the players who believe they deserve the blue label do resent it a little. I also think the kids who are on the lower level (for lack of a better name) blue team are not that comfortable with the situation either.In the end most people who care will know which blue team is the higher level team and the names will not matter much, To be honest I rarely know what color of other clubs means what, too many teams too many colors to keep track.

With the many clubs at the tournament all the colors can get confusing. YJ's however have been around are well recognized in the color structure of the teams. Now that's gone. I can see no good logic for this move. I guess it takes the off color stigma away from the lower teams if you consider that good logic. But it certainly takes away from the blue, gold label.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the many clubs at the tournament all the colors can get confusing. YJ's however have been around are well recognized in the color structure of the teams. Now that's gone. I can see no good logic for this move. I guess it takes the off color stigma away from the lower teams if you consider that good logic. But it certainly takes away from the blue, gold label.

In the end it will not matter. Everyone will know the level of the teams through the name of the coach - for example YJ 20XX Blue Smith. Remember at the recent tournaments they used long island beaches and everyone knew the top team. Having said that, it will not be a surprise if they go back to the old color system within the next couple of years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the end it will not matter. Everyone will know the level of the teams through the name of the coach - for example YJ 20XX Blue Smith. Remember at the recent tournaments they used long island beaches and everyone knew the top team. Having said that, it will not be a surprise if they go back to the old color system within the next couple of years.

My daughter does not play folr YJ so whatever team we draw in a tournament we will have no idea who we are playing. Everyone in the club may become familiar with the better team by color followed by coach tag or beach name, but all the other clubs at all the different tournaments will not. Just curious, did the gold team now become the 2nd blue teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually she should get rid of all the colors. They mean nothing anyway. College coaches would recruit with no name.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad

My daughter plays on a "real" blue team. Who cares! call them whatever you want. If it helps the other girls get recruited better, God bless them. As long as your kid is working hard to get better, it doesn't matter. If they are a great player someone will notice. The college coaches are not stupid! No need to worry about this stuff. It is all trivial. Hopefully they all get recruited. Good luck to all the kids on LI. Merry Christmas!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually she should get rid of all the colors. They mean nothing anyway. College coaches would recruit with no name.

Daughter must have been on the red team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by libertydad

My daughter plays on a "real" blue team. Who cares! call them whatever you want. If it helps the other girls get recruited better, God bless them. As long as your kid is working hard to get better, it doesn't matter. If they are a great player someone will notice. The college coaches are not stupid! No need to worry about this stuff. It is all trivial. Hopefully they all get recruited. Good luck to all the kids on LI. Merry Christmas!
Merry christmas to you , and thanks for the kind words

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Daughter must have been on the red team.
O.K. I'm starting to believe that there is only 1 or maybe 2 really bad posters on this thread. I can't believe one Y.J. parent would say that to another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Libertydad, How do you know it was posted by a yj parent, very sad that you feel the need to try to stir the pot on all the other teams sites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe they are YJ people making these comments. Maybe they will stop for the Holidays and concern themselves with their own families.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Don't believe they are YJ people making these comments. Maybe they will stop for the Holidays and concern themselves with their own families. [/quoteDon't believe they are YJ people making these comments. Maybe they will stop for the Holidays and concern themselves with their own families.
I hope they stop all together , about all clubs , i hope the majority of the parents know I wasn't trying to "stir the pot", I truly think that remark was rude to say to anyone , especially someone in your own club. In the end I'm a lacrosse fan above all els, and people like that not only drag down lacrosse , but every sport . Merry Christmas to all players and parents , in all clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea what Tournaments the YJs will attend this summer? Maybe someone who had a daughter in last year's program can tell me what tourneys they went to last year. I know they will be posted in about a week, but we were just talking about it and figured someone already knew. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rather than worrying about the tournaments yet, who is heading to the lunch tomorrow (Jan 8th?). What does Joe Spallina have planned in his guest speaker talk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you can practice with a d2 team, is this true? does the ncca allow it?how many practice can you do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have some feedback from the luncheon? Seemed like it was a nice session. We really liked the "slideshow".

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I hear you can practice with a d2 team, is this true? does the ncca allow it?how many practice can you do?
According to the NCAA Rules covering Student Eligibility, a High School student would still be a non-qualifier under NCAA regulations. As a result, said student-athlete would not be allowed to participate in any NCAA-Sanctioned practices which account for a preseason training unit or in-season activity.

Any player evaluations according to a strict intepretation of the rules need to take place in the player's own environment - meaning High School or Club activities.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We had a great time......alot more people this year over last year..going to this is a "no brainer"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the YJ haters should have been there to hear what Coach Spallina had to say! They would have also heard what Coach Rose and Provanz accomplish off the field and how they give back to the community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the YJ haters should have been there to hear what Coach Spallina had to say! They would have also heard what Coach Rose and Provanz accomplish off the field and how they give back to the community.

Of course they are going to toot thier own horns at thier own event. Would you expect them to bring up all the negitive things about the organization?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His message was great and truthful and I imagine many kids(and parents) left there thinking Stony Brook could be a big possibility! Great Job, he had me excited! Carol and TRacy the BEST!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you share some of the highlights? My family is not part of the Yellow Jackets, but to be fair, it would certainly be worth hearing some of thee highlights that took place off the field. Also, did the group find that the SUNY/Stony Brook connection is going to be a strength for the girls programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His message was great and truthful and I imagine many kids(and parents) left there thinking Stony Brook could be a big possibility! Great Job, he had me excited! Carol and TRacy the BEST!!
Stony Brook is a big possibility for what? From an overall academics perspective, the middle 50% SAT I scores of the admitted class is still 1110-1310; no matter what you can do on the lacrosse field, those are the hardcore test scores.

While Stony Brook is a great local resource and it is the right option for many, the big possibility comment is still murky at best. Did you really need the lacrosse chase to wind up at Stony Brook?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its about motivating young ladies athletically and academically whuch was the message! Not sure why the negative tone. Yesterday was a beatiful day for the organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree!! What a fantastic day!! Carol and Tracey have created an amazing program and should be very proud of themselves. I don't understand how people can be so negative about this organization. I watched Carol Rose hand out close to $10,000 to the girls yesterday in essay awards. I know my daughter left the luncheon feeling great about herself, the program and the sport she loves. I think the yellow jackets rock and I'm honored to be a part of it!! Keep up the good work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook is a big possibility for what? From an overall academics perspective, the middle 50% SAT I scores of the admitted class is still 1110-1310; no matter what you can do on the lacrosse field, those are the hardcore test scores.

While Stony Brook is a great local resource and it is the right option for many, the big possibility comment is still murky at best. Did you really need the lacrosse chase to wind up at Stony Brook?
I have a daughter that wants to be a doctor, so yah I wouldn't mind the chase to end at Stony Brook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The luncheon was fabulous! My daughter and her friends look forward to it every year! She loves Carol / and her YJ team. What she doesn't like is the dad that helps coach her team/ he brings nothing to the team! Would rather have a college girl assist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The luncheon was fabulous! My daughter and her friends look forward to it every year! She loves Carol / and her YJ team. What she doesn't like is the dad that helps coach her team/ he brings nothing to the team! Would rather have a college girl assist

The Yellow Jackets obviously think this dad is better for the team then a college player even if it means some kids don't get the same playing time as others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why the rosters were pulled off the site? My daughter went to see if someone was on her team and it was gone. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be working on the site putting up the final rosters (those who paid)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because this week was the dealine to accept or decline your spot on that team. So in a few days the final rosters should be posted with the girls that have accepted that position

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because this week was the dealine to accept or decline your spot on that team. So in a few days the final rosters should be posted with the girls that have accepted that position

Why would someone try out and then not accept a position?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

being on the "B", "C" or "D" team rubs some people the wrong way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask Libertydad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

being on the "B", "C" or "D" team rubs some people the wrong way

It shouldn't ever be about the parent it should be about the child. My daughter has been on the so called C team and guess what...she loves it and it makes her work harder. Last year that so called "c" team had girls pulled from it and put unto the Blue team! Color means nothing!!! In the real world when we leave our children to thrive on their own what would they possible be learning from us if every time they didn't make the team they wanted or get what they want. Are they going to quit a job bc they don't get a promotion...not mine they are going to work hard and do what is expected of them to get what they deserve!!! I have been around sports a long time even an ex athlete and varsity coach myself!! YJ is by far one of the only organizations that I see no politics...liberty dad can say what he wants but Carol plays to win...and rightfully should. If you do not make the blue team talk to Carol she will tell you what it takes to get there. My daughter is and not complaining or quitting bc she isn't there!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 327 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard