BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 144 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is an absolute lie.
there was some much unhappiness on 2018 terps.
Everyone knows it- news travels throughout lacrosse community
Listen when you have 33 players on a team parents are going be unhappy- even he is star player - eventually you will need to get all those players playing time.
What happen to your goalie quit in the middle of a game?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard they have a kid on that team that's not worthy of a B level team 2 years younger but the 2018 Terps are saddled with him because the dad works in the Town of Oyster Bay and gets Channy field permits.

no need to call out a kid, he would be a very good player on any 2018 B team and probably contribute on a few "A" teams, no need to ridicule a kid because of the sins of the father. He has improved greatly over the years and he knows his place and does not complain about playing time, he is a great kid and you are an a$$ for calling him out like that - these kids all read this site.
I heard they have a kid on that team that's not worthy of a B level team 2 years younger but the 2018 Terps are saddled with him because the dad works in the Town of Oyster Bay and gets Channy field permits.

no need to call out a kid, he would be a very good player on any 2018 B team and probably contribute on a few "A" teams, no need to ridicule a kid because of the sins of the father. He has improved greatly over the years and he knows his place and does not complain about playing time, he is a great kid and you are an a$$ for calling him out like that - these kids all read this site.

Why allow these types of comments about an 8th grader on a moderated forum?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps parent here. On this team for last few years. There have never been 30 kids on this team. Whoever is saying that just doesn't know what they are talking about. The team is a great group of boys and families. There is always some turnover, but the core group have been together for years.

Goalie quit because coach yelled at him and the father lost it and left. Simple as that.

For the mean spirited person calling out individual boy(s) you should know what comes around goes around. How can you sleep at night? You really feel the need to talk about a 14 year old boy?

Please find another topic, no one listens to you and no one respects you. your action on this board shows your lack of common decency and you should be ashamed. go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right there were not 33 players it was 34 we counted at last tournament.
Stop lying- there was 33-34 kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How far along into the season did the goalie quit? If player isn't coachable that's not good. You will get yelled at and need to suck it up. These kids are 14. There is a saying I saw "uncoachable kids become unemployable adults, let your kids get used to someone being hard on them." Why would someone flush such a great opportunity down the drain by quitting a great team like that is something they only know themselves.

The 2018 Terps are a good team beat HHH Dukes and battled 91 Extreme. So would say they are one of the top teams at this age group. I am sure MC will put together a great team for next year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are on team you know there are not 33 boys, schmuck talking is some loser. We, terps, going to lake placid tomorrow, hope the rest of you have a nice summer.

Maybe the jerk will find something else to do besides counting terps players on the sidelines...Maybe he can count his...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than battled 91. lost in adrenaline championship in overtime after leading all game. Extreme is a good team, but no better than terps...

Beat dukes and laxachusets and all the true a teams this year. Had a bad loss against NH tomahalks (which I still don't understand) but other than that, a really strong team that can play with anyone...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you express lovers ask Channy about his committed team that he charged $600 for and put them in one tournament , Hofstra blue and Gold, in the B div. Now he is refusing to give anyone their money back despite being threatened by parents with lawsuits.
What a great guy. Stick with him people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than battled 91. lost in adrenaline championship in overtime after leading all game. Extreme is a good team, but no better than terps...

Beat dukes and laxachusets and all the true a teams this year. Had a bad loss against NH tomahalks (which I still don't understand) but other than that, a really strong team that can play with anyone...

Extreme will beat Terps 9 out of 10 times they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes of course 91 claimed to be the turtles for years, but not to be...Just a very good team, nothing to be ashamed about losing to terps and fca...who else did you lose to this year???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you express lovers ask Channy about his committed team that he charged $600 for and put them in one tournament , Hofstra blue and Gold, in the B div. Now he is refusing to give anyone their money back despite being threatened by parents with lawsuits.
What a great guy. Stick with him people.

If you have a problem, speak to the man, dont come here and bash parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes of course 91 claimed to be the turtles for years, but not to be...Just a very good team, nothing to be ashamed about losing to terps and fca...who else did you lose to this year???

Best talent in country. End of story. Don't be a hater. May lose a game occasionally but doesn't change reality. Terps not in same league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the tryouts for LIE North based out of Westchester the same day as the other tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes - probably would,but they are two pretty evenly matched and most of the games would be one goal games. two wonderful team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best talent in country? Really? You my friend need to change up the koolaid. the flavor you are sipping is making you crazy...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best talent in country? Really? You my friend need to change up the koolaid. the flavor you are sipping is making you crazy...

Who's better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes - probably would,but they are two pretty evenly matched and most of the games would be one goal games. two wonderful team.

I thought they were AA ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the top 4 or 5 players on all the A teams are pretty even across the board. The person who thinks 91 is just better than the rest-in terms of talent- has no clue. We will all see in the next two years which teams have more than a few recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the top 4 or 5 players on all the A teams are pretty even across the board. The person who thinks 91 is just better than the rest-in terms of talent- has no clue. We will all see in the next two years which teams have more than a few recruits.

No way! And yes we will see. 91 has way more skilled players. 2020 crush can't be compared to 2020 terps. They are closer to titanium. Express can't even come close to the younger team like smash and bandits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way! And yes we will see. 91 has way more skilled players. 2020 crush can't be compared to 2020 terps. They are closer to titanium. Express can't even come close to the younger team like smash and bandits

Unfortunately for a lot of those 91 kids academics will be equally as important. The st a, and chaminade reps will more than even things out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back to your red cup 91 whack job

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately for a lot of those 91 kids academics will be equally as important. The st a, and chaminade reps will more than even things out.

Now you claim to know how the kids are doing in the classroom? I guess that's what you do when you have nothing else.Have you looked at the recent college commits? The Ivy and top 20 list is more impressive from the publics! My 91 son will be recruiting age soon, his grade as well as his lax skills are stellar, and will have his choice of schools, as will many other kids on his team. Great parents, great kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back to your red cup 91 whack job

Red cup, I get it, the guy must be drinking, so funny and so original! ha, Ha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now you claim to know how the kids are doing in the classroom? I guess that's what you do when you have nothing else.Have you looked at the recent college commits? The Ivy and top 20 list is more impressive from the publics! My 91 son will be recruiting age soon, his grade as well as his lax skills are stellar, and will have his choice of schools, as will many other kids on his team. Great parents, great kids!

Easy there Mom. You have no idea of the competition that is out there on a National Level. Your kid maybe a middle school superstar, but I assure you, you have no idea the of the freak athletes that are getting into this sport. Kids from Fla, Calif. and Texas, might not have the same stick skills yet but are the athletes the top schools want. I recently saw a kid from Cali, has D1 football offer on the table, he played every position on the field for his Lax team except goalie and excelled at the highest levels in each of them. Duke, UNC, Hop, Penn, Harvard, all drooling over him. So take a little advice and eat some humble pie, be hopeful your son gets a few looks when he gets older. To say he'll have his pick of schools is just plain ignorant at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Mom. You have no idea of the competition that is out there on a National Level. Your kid maybe a middle school superstar, but I assure you, you have no idea the of the freak athletes that are getting into this sport. Kids from Fla, Calif. and Texas, might not have the same stick skills yet but are the athletes the top schools want. I recently saw a kid from Cali, has D1 football offer on the table, he played every position on the field for his Lax team except goalie and excelled at the highest levels in each of them. Duke, UNC, Hop, Penn, Harvard, all drooling over him. So take a little advice and eat some humble pie, be hopeful your son gets a few looks when he gets older. To say he'll have his pick of schools is just plain ignorant at best.

There might be athletic freak of natures out there- but they are most likely going to pick a single sport to play, and with lax scholarships far less stellar than basketball, baseball and football, most likely, these kids will pick another sport. If these kids do pick 2 sports, remember they have to be able to stay in school- which the better schools and Ivy's are not academic givens because you play a sport.

While my kid is headed to Catholic school, many of his 91 friends are public school kids and their schools are competitive HS, ranked high in the state and country, so I do not think their parents are too worried. Plenty of 91 kids will do fine and do not need Express or Catholic schools for their academic success or lax success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ST.Anthony's academic rep ? Sports team rep, yes. Academic rep- maybe with the Catholic colleges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ST.Anthony's academic rep ? Sports team rep, yes. Academic rep- maybe with the Catholic colleges.

Any private school will have a better academic rep than public school. Not to say publics don't have smart kids but they teach to the bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any private school will have a better academic rep than public school. Not to say publics don't have smart kids but they teach to the bottom.

If you are a good lacrosse player and have top grades, you will have your choice of Ivys. It's happening at many public schools. Open your eyes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's is an academic wasteland. The kids are either smart enough to learn on their own, or they hire a tutor. How do I know? I'm the tutor. I look at what they are learning and am many times shocked at the lack of curriculum. It really is scary! I hear Chaminade is much better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's is an academic wasteland. The kids are either smart enough to learn on their own, or they hire a tutor. How do I know? I'm the tutor. I look at what they are learning and am many times shocked at the lack of curriculum. It really is scary! I hear Chaminade is much better.

St a's has a 100% college placement rate for two decades. It's on the website. There is no public school that can make the same claim.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That does not mean the kids are coming out strong academically. I am stating what I have seen from experience. Of course the kids fron St. A are all going to college, the question is, where are they going? Lets compare the Ivy acceptance to top publics like GC, Syosset, 3V, Manhasset, Commack, Jericho, etc. You might be surprised! Keep wasting your money unless you are from a poor-performing district, you are crazy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That does not mean the kids are coming out strong academically. I am stating what I have seen from experience. Of course the kids fron St. A are all going to college, the question is, where are they going? Lets compare the Ivy acceptance to top publics like GC, Syosset, 3V, Manhasset, Commack, Jericho, etc. You might be surprised! Keep wasting your money unless you are from a poor-performing district, you are crazy

Don't label it a waste of money or call parents crazy for choosing to send their kid to a Catholic school even though they may live in a top school district. The decision is a personal one for each family and is typically based on much more than lacrosse. It is fine that you have made another choice for your son....but you sound ignorant (not to mention anti-Catholic) when you post such comments. Everyone makes their own choices and you don't get to judge how others raise their kids. Maybe now we can get back to Express....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There might be athletic freak of natures out there- but they are most likely going to pick a single sport to play, and with lax scholarships far less stellar than basketball, baseball and football, most likely, these kids will pick another sport. If these kids do pick 2 sports, remember they have to be able to stay in school- which the better schools and Ivy's are not academic givens because you play a sport.

While my kid is headed to Catholic school, many of his 91 friends are public school kids and their schools are competitive HS, ranked high in the state and country, so I do not think their parents are too worried. Plenty of 91 kids will do fine and do not need Express or Catholic schools for their academic success or lax success.

You're missing the point and uninformed. Your son is not just competing with other kids from LI and Maryland anymore for a D1 or Ivy slot. This sport is going national, your son will be competing against superior athletes. You have no idea... You will however be educated shortly. Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're missing the point and uninformed. Your son is not just competing with other kids from LI and Maryland anymore for a D1 or Ivy slot. This sport is going national, your son will be competing against superior athletes. You have no idea... You will however be educated shortly. Good Luck.

how do you know that they are uninformed and have know idea? how do you know what kind of student or athlete their kid is? everybody gets it, lots more kids playing lacrosse and more competition for D1 spots, if you are a good lacrosse player and a good student their will be a place for you and if you are a great player you will get into a better academic school then you could have without lacrosse. Matt Kavanagh is lucky you are not his parent, you would have told him their is too much competition and he is too small so educate yourself and find a nice little D3 school to go to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how do you know that they are uninformed and have know idea? how do you know what kind of student or athlete their kid is? everybody gets it, lots more kids playing lacrosse and more competition for D1 spots, if you are a good lacrosse player and a good student their will be a place for you and if you are a great player you will get into a better academic school then you could have without lacrosse. Matt Kavanagh is lucky you are not his parent, you would have told him their is too much competition and he is too small so educate yourself and find a nice little D3 school to go to.

donkey, saying your kid is going to have his pick of schools both athletically and academically before he even see's a recruiting venue is uninformed, arrogant and ignorant. Never said that they should hold the kid down. I say reach for the stars, but tone it down a bit. Obviously, you haven't been in this game for a while, ask the director of this club what he thinks? See if you get a similar answer to what I'm saying?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't label it a waste of money or call parents crazy for choosing to send their kid to a Catholic school even though they may live in a top school district. The decision is a personal one for each family and is typically based on much more than lacrosse. It is fine that you have made another choice for your son....but you sound ignorant (not to mention anti-Catholic) when you post such comments. Everyone makes their own choices and you don't get to judge how others raise their kids. Maybe now we can get back to Express....

I'm not anti catholic but I do find it ironic that a school that is supposed to be teaching values has to expel kids for racially insensitive behavior ( article in Newsday). That would not happen at my son's school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not anti catholic but I do find it ironic that a school that is supposed to be teaching values has to expel kids for racially insensitive behavior ( article in Newsday). That would not happen at my son's school

You are correct. The kids would not have been expelled at a public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

donkey, saying your kid is going to have his pick of schools both athletically and academically before he even see's a recruiting venue is uninformed, arrogant and ignorant. Never said that they should hold the kid down. I say reach for the stars, but tone it down a bit. Obviously, you haven't been in this game for a while, ask the director of this club what he thinks? See if you get a similar answer to what I'm saying?

I was not the original poster, I simply replied to your reply to their original post - I have been in the game a while, I have one playing in college right now, one going into college in September and one in HS going through the recruiting process right now so I have an idea. My only point to you was that you called the original poster out for having no idea what was going on when you have no idea how good their kid is or what the kids grades are, I agree that it is a much larger recruiting pool then it was even 5 years ago but Long Island will continue to produce D1 players at all the top schools. you arrogant, small minded donkey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if there is going to be a winter league and fall tournaments for all 2017 express teams this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. The kids would not have been expelled at a public school.

But it didn't happen in public, it happened at St. As!

Like Reply Quote
Page 69 of 144 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard