BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 83 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That says a lot for girls lacrosse on Long Island almost half were impact players and that's just one club team. These girls were freshman so think about how impressive that is no matter what level team they played for. As they get used to the college experience I'm sure you will see more impact players. No one said it was going to be easy play hard play fair!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
I'm picking this thread to list the following because it is the 2014 Spring girls and there has been some discussion about age, playing time, etc.

The following is a breakdown of the Class of 2013 YJ commits and their playing time in their first year of playing college lacrosse. The list was 66 girls (from the website) of all YJ teams across all college divisions. (Disclaimer--I was a YJ parent and my daughter is not represented by this group. I read the YJ thread and things seemed nicer back in the day).

I broke it down as follows: (Strictly by games played)

1) "Impact" player played most games
2) "Played" is about 50% of games with statistical contribution
3) "Not Significant" played in a handful of games with little statistical contribution
4) "Did Not Play"--self explanatory but injury or transfer a possibility

45% of the 2013 commits were "Impact" players
11% of the 2013 commits "Played"
36% of the 2013 commits were "Not Significant"
8% "Did Not Play"

Just food for thought. If I can remember I'll try to follow this class to 2017.

Don't waste your time, the stats are meaningless. An impact player at East Bumfreckle U is the same player that does not see the field at a top ten college.

You are correct but also prove a point. A lot of players go to "East Bumfreckle" and don't play which doesn't help them later in life. But I thought this group was a good representation of where girls play. The vast majority were D1 schools but there were a couple of D3 schools that, from an academic standpoint, were superior to 95% of the other schools. If you have a 2100 SAT player, want to study abroad and play lacrosse don't discount these schools. For most, lacrosse is over in four years and no one will give you a job from "East Bumfreckle".

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That says a lot for girls lacrosse on Long Island almost half were impact players and that's just one club team. These girls were freshman so think about how impressive that is no matter what level team they played for. As they get used to the college experience I'm sure you will see more impact players. No one said it was going to be easy play hard play fair!

I agree. I also did not "weigh" top tier D1 schools over lower D1 schools (or D2 & D3 schools) because not every lacrosse player gets recruited or wants to play in that type of program. It was simply a very general measurement on who plays in their freshman year.

Over a wide measurement time span LI girls run about 25% as impact players. Latest numbers show 39% do not play the full four years at the D1 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 39% is overall or Long Island girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much harder to kiss up to coaches in college. Lots of politics in both travel and HS lax. Girls being given significant minutes in HS might not get the same love in college especially with the much larger rosters. The excuse but my kid played YJ or TG doesn't hold the same weight as it does in HS

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's SOP, like it or not. And if the lax prgm isn't fully funded be prepared for fundraising done by the team. That was a huge shock to me.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That 39% is overall or Long Island girls?

Long Island. It is trending better, if slightly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm picking this thread to list the following because it is the 2014 Spring girls and there has been some discussion about age, playing time, etc.

The following is a breakdown of the Class of 2013 YJ commits and their playing time in their first year of playing college lacrosse. The list was 66 girls (from the website) of all YJ teams across all college divisions. (Disclaimer--I was a YJ parent and my daughter is not represented by this group. I read the YJ thread and things seemed nicer back in the day).

3) "Not Significant" played in a handful of games with little statistical contribution

8% "Did Not Play"

Don't waste your time, the stats are meaningless. An impact player at East Bumfreckle U is the same player that does not see the field at a top ten college.

You are correct but also prove a point. A lot of players go to "East Bumfreckle" and don't play which doesn't help them later in life. But I thought this group was a good representation of where girls play. The vast majority were D1 schools but there were a couple of D3 schools that, from an academic standpoint, were superior to 95% of the other schools. If you have a 2100 SAT player, want to study abroad and play lacrosse don't discount these schools. For most, lacrosse is over in four years and no one will give you a job from "East Bumfreckle".

Being an impact player is mostly a choice. Girls will choose a school for many different reasons, not all of them lacrosse related. 100% of the girls could find a team to play on and be an impact player, it is all relative to the team they choose. Now if you really want to talk impact stats, go back and figure the percentage of impact players on D1 top ten teams. There is a drop off after the top five and a cliff after top ten. I'm sure you will find a player or two and at least you will be comparing apples to apples.The term impact player has zero meaning applied across all college lacrosse teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're all crazy. I could understand the whole "my daughters better than your daughter" and the "My daughters school is better than your daughters school" if there was a pot of gold at the end of the lacrosse rainbow where they were going to sign a multi million dollar contract to play pro lax. Not the case. All of our daughters will have to do something els at the end of those 4 years so if your one of those parents pushing you daughter to play at a top 10 school so they can win an NCAA championship than your a bad parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're all crazy. I could understand the whole "my daughters better than your daughter" and the "My daughters school is better than your daughters school" if there was a pot of gold at the end of the lacrosse rainbow where they were going to sign a multi million dollar contract to play pro lax. Not the case. All of our daughters will have to do something els at the end of those 4 years so if your one of those parents pushing you daughter to play at a top 10 school so they can win an NCAA championship than your a bad parent.

AMEN to that!! It isn't about going D1 or National Championships for most. It's about going to the best College fit for your daughter academically.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are pushing ours to play top 10 D3 and win a national championship. Are we bad parents too? Just asking? Cause your opinion matters...NOT. LoL. BTW learn how to spell "else" before you give parenting advice you schmuck!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are pushing ours to play top 10 D3 and win a national championship. Are we bad parents too? Just asking? Cause your opinion matters...NOT. LoL. BTW learn how to spell "else" before you give parenting advice you schmuck!!
Was probably just a typo but glad you were able to show all that you are smart enough to spell " else" correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now this person is a complete jerkoff!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that's funny. The academic people get so offended. Take it easy and guide your own kid and stop telling others if you think their bad parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather a good education at a D3 with some decent lacrosse than a couple of bucks from a lousy lacrosse and academic school like Kennesaw or central Ct which are both D1

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

8% "Did Not Play"

Being an impact player is mostly a choice. Girls will choose a school for many different reasons, not all of them lacrosse related. 100% of the girls could find a team to play on and be an impact player, it is all relative to the team they choose. Now if you really want to talk impact stats, go back and figure the percentage of impact players on D1 top ten teams. There is a drop off after the top five and a cliff after top ten. I'm sure you will find a player or two and at least you will be comparing apples to apples.The term impact player has zero meaning applied across all college lacrosse teams.

But not every player plays for a top ten D1 school. That wasn't the purpose of my statistics and maybe I used "impact" in a bad way. I just wanted to point out how often the class of 2013 YJ, at all talent levels, played in their freshman year. I used the word "impact" as it related to their team.

Despite saying I wouldn't do this, but I went back to the "Top Ten" D1 schools and the stats are 38% "Impact", 46% "Not Significant" and 16% "Did Not Play". But that was not why I posted the numbers. I just felt that an athletes and parents should understand the expectation to play and the work load that college entails.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You have to choose the school that best fits your daughter and you (financially) as a parent. If you look at the top 10 D3 schools the majority are small, expensive and very difficult academically to get in. Nine of the top twenty D3 schools are NESCAC schools which is the best D3 conference in the country. You will need some lofty grades to get into these schools but your child will graduate with a great degree. The job placement numbers for these schools is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's summer who cares go outside enjoy your children and the sun why waste time following other children when no one will care to follow what yours does!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's summer who cares go outside enjoy your children and the sun why waste time following other children when no one will care to follow what yours does!!

Then don't come on here and tell us that unless we play travel and go to a top 10 school that our kids suck. If your dream is for your kid to coach summer ball and be a jv team coach for $4k a year then good for you some of us want a quality education for our kids even if the lacrosse doesn't fit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lacrosse forum we talk lacrosse go on the Education Forum to talk education

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lacrosse forum we talk lacrosse go on the Education Forum to talk education
your an idiot!!! Education should always come first before lacrosse but if your happy with your child being uneducated but hey she played lacrosse at a sub par academic school then pat yourself on the back dad you did a great job...I hope you enjoy paying her bills that she won't be able to afford bc she can't get a job too!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Find the Education Forum I can't seem too find one and you could spend all the time you want talking about how a great education will get you a great job and leave it up to the lacrosse Dads to discuss lacrosse. By the way no one mentioned that if you don't play travel that your kids stink unless I missed that discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot!!! Education should always come first before lacrosse but if your happy with your child being uneducated but hey she played lacrosse at a sub par academic school then pat yourself on the back dad you did a great job...I hope you enjoy paying her bills that she won't be able to afford bc she can't get a job too!!

Actually you seem like a pompous a-hole. If a kid has a dream of being involved in lacrosse in some capacity thru-out their lives then good for them. There are plenty of Ivy league grads making lots of money out there who are leading terrible lives. Amazing you are knocking kids for chasing their dreams, many of these kids will go on to lead very successful lives whether its a professional life or one spent raising kids at home .Please tell us the great school you attended and yes I graduated from an Ivy and no my punctuation and grammar are sketchy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you seem like a pompous a-hole. If a kid has a dream of being involved in lacrosse in some capacity thru-out their lives then good for them. There are plenty of Ivy league grads making lots of money out there who are leading terrible lives. Amazing you are knocking kids for chasing their dreams, many of these kids will go on to lead very successful lives whether its a professional life or one spent raising kids at home .Please tell us the great school you attended and yes I graduated from an Ivy and no my punctuation and grammar are sketchy.
Kid has a dream please! Sounds like you are living through your daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your saying if you dont attend an above par academic school you will be uneducated, not find a job and be homeless and your worried that someone said if you dont play travel your kid stinks. Like I said before this is a lacrosse forum and we are on here to discuss lacrosse more specifically the Girls 2014 Spring High School lacrosse which ended about a month ago. So lets get ready for 2015 Girls HS lacrosse and leave the education on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Kid has a dream please! Sounds like you are living through your daughter"

Actually you sound like a moron, most kids have dreams you idiot. Your dream for your kid is to go to an Ivy league school and get a good job and make money, that may not be her dream. Your the type who pushes their kid to go to a school they do not want to and they drop out because they are miserable just like their dad. Let your kid live her life, plus many of the top D1 girls programs also happen to be excellent academic schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Kid has a dream please! Sounds like you are living through your daughter"

Actually you sound like a moron, most kids have dreams you idiot. Your dream for your kid is to go to an Ivy league school and get a good job and make money, that may not be her dream. Your the type who pushes their kid to go to a school they do not want to and they drop out because they are miserable just like their dad. Let your kid live her life, plus many of the top D1 girls programs also happen to be excellent academic schools.

And you the one to push your kid to play no matter what...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be honest, some of the top schools keep there athletes in easer classes so they can get higher grades and make the school look better. I know many girls that have graduated and had to transfer to another school to finish their degree because of the sacrifice the big schools demand of there athletes. I would rather my daughter finish on time and get her degree within the time she receives her scholarship for a "lower" school and not have to pay to finish later, so that Florida or Ohio State can have a better rep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be honest, some of the top schools keep there athletes in easer classes so they can get higher grades and make the school look better.

Name them-and don't make make [lacrosse] up. Name the classes too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be honest, some of the top schools keep there athletes in easer classes so they can get higher grades and make the school look better.

English 101. The class you obviously blew off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok copy and paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa7OnJXVopo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? Duke Basketball team, Miami Football team and everytime the Notre Dame football position opens up you hear he won't take the job because "he can't get the players he needs in like other schools do". Watch the you tube video

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules came out this week. Any new coaches on LI this coming season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which town do you want to know about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which town do you want to know about?

Something is going on at Rocky Point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please advise. Looking at the policy of selective classification guidelines put forth by NYS. Is there any information, not opinion necessarily, out there that identifies what districts follow what policies. Is it the norm that most follow the current NYS policy or have some developed their own. If so, any insights as to why and what does the data show?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can easily find the NYS standards by googling them. Basically NYS says that the proper measure for selective classification is neither age nor grade, but readiness as assessed by the coaches, parents and physicians. Individual districts may adopt their own policys. Currently Riverhead is proposing to prevent 7th graders from playing varsity and allowing them to play JV ONLY if they meet the NYS standards for varsity (Not JV) athletes. Mattituck allows 7th to play varsity. Shoreham recently modified their policy and any other districts policy should be posted on the school district's website under their "policies" section. If it is not posted, you should be able to get a copy from the administrative office at your district. This is an interesting issue and just wondering if others could post summaries of their district's policy here so we could get a read on what other Nassau/Suffolk County districts are doing, particularly with regard to girls as this seems to be a bigger issue in that venue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's bc Riverhead parents are freaking out and blocking younger better girls from playing up even though that is where readiness, skill and maturity level. Fortunate town to have a group of girls that are so dedicated and happy to be playing. Complete shame and sham that the school district does not acknowledge the talent have and provide an environment to nurture growth and programs.
Although I am in a neighboring district, my daughter plays these girls on a regular basis and they can definitely be impact players on at the least, a JV level team.
Thankfully my district has the forethought and responsibility to put the needs of the child first, not the needs of the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's bc Riverhead parents are freaking out and blocking younger better girls from playing up even though that is where readiness, skill and maturity level. Fortunate town to have a group of girls that are so dedicated and happy to be playing. Complete shame and sham that the school district does not acknowledge the talent have and provide an environment to nurture growth and programs.
Although I am in a neighboring district, my daughter plays these girls on a regular basis and they can definitely be impact players on at the least, a JV level team.
Thankfully my district has the forethought and responsibility to put the needs of the child first, not the needs of the parents.

Please the parents of those Riverhead 7th graders are crazy and just about everyone of those kids is small even for their grade level. Sorry but those kids do not belong on a varsity field.Skill level they could play JV but again physically they are very small and even if girls lacrosse is supposed to be non contact everyone knows their is plenty of it. Why not stay as a group and play middle school .I get bringing a kid up if it will help your varsity win , not so in most cases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Riverhead mom or dad who wants their daughter to play up!! You had a few good years as a PAL team and now you are ready for varsity or JV?

Page 38 of 83 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard