BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,877
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 70 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might work for you, we're working towards top 10

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That would be an accomplishment, and good luck. Doesn't matter when they hit the field in college, just that you get a pair of cleats. My coach used to say only momma cares what you did in HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are forgetting another important reason....Rankings.

Buy Ty Xanders a burrito and a sundae and he will put your kid on the IL rankings. Mother of God, going to a showcase to improve where you land in the IL rankings racket? [/quote]

Ha ha, probably true. In any event TX is definitely part of the "problem" with the whole recruiting scene these days. Word is that he never even played the game. That's unconfirmed, but whatever. I guess he just has a talent for picking out talent. Sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess all Express(2017 Terps) kids at Showtime
They got 22nd seed out of 22 teams at legacey

Other teams missing players as well. Outlaws missing 5 kids to showtime and 2 other top players to injury...

No excuse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other teams missing players as well. Outlaws missing 5 kids to showtime and 2 other top players to injury...

No excuse

and what seed did the Outlaws get? Looking for excuse too?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse

Sure sounds like you are making an excuse for the Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse

But the Outlaws roster has about 35 boys on it so missing 7 boys shouldn't make a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's this "we" stuff ? Nobody is recruiting you Pops..or is it Mom ? This is why these event promoters are making a small fortune.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse

Outlaws Went 3-0 Mon, One of 5 Teams to go 3-0 Got 5 seed because of Goals against went 1-1 on Tuesday, So I think 4-1 with some kids missing is pretty good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse

But the Outlaws roster has about 35 boys on it so missing 7 boys shouldn't make a difference.

That is true the roster does have about 30-35 boys. The roster is different for each tournament. The boys are not "missing", they just did not sign up for that tournament. The team definitely looks and plays differently from tournament to tournament. Outlaws structured the roster this way so players would have the flexibility to play for other teams such as their school team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was Showtime basically LI/NJ/NE kids? Very few DMV kids went, and none I am awarr of from either Crabs team or Blackwolf. Sounds like it was a great event and a shame kids from MidAtlantic didn't go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10... Really? The real talent makes it on their own. Not because of who you know. The truth comes out on the field and when they get it to college. Be careful. You may be exposed as not all that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse

Outlaws Went 3-0 Mon, One of 5 Teams to go 3-0 Got 5 seed because of Goals against went 1-1 on Tuesday, So I think 4-1 with some kids missing is pretty good

Outlaws got shut out by True Blue in the semis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse

True, but that was at Best of the Best, not Legacy. It was 3-0 with a late goal with less than 30 seconds left. For some reason the games were changed to 15 minute running time halves as opposed to 12 minute quarter in pool play. Don't get me wrong, Outlaws didn't deserve to win but it was by far not a blow out. These two teams are 1-1 against each other for the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuse

True, but that was at Best of the Best, not Legacy. It was 3-0 with a late goal with less than 30 seconds left. For some reason the games were changed to 15 minute running time halves as opposed to 12 minute quarter in pool play. Don't get me wrong, Outlaws didn't deserve to win but it was by far not a blow out. These two teams are 1-1 against each other for the summer.

Outlaws are a very good team with their top goalie. Not so much when he is not in. That being said, why make excuses - no one said it was a blow out, goals count no matter when they are scored, each team played the same amount of time whether shorter than pool or not. Plus True Blue played without three defensemen out with injuries...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws structured that way for profit, more tournaments where the coach can sell his swag, and to keep all the Gladiators that were a package deal. Doing 11+ tournaments, each boy goes to 5 unless you one of the top 5 on the team where they want you to attend all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to the Outlaw parent for the clarification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've watched the Outlaws play three times this season. I'm very impressed, if the information is correct on how the team is stuctured with these tournaments I'm shocked. These Boys deserve more and the better players should look for new homes ASAP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say exact opposite Its a Brilliant idea, I see more kids coming than going. Lets kids compete at High level and still play for High school team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws structured that way for profit, more tournaments where the coach can sell his swag, and to keep all the Gladiators that were a package deal. Doing 11+ tournaments, each boy goes to 5 unless you one of the top 5 on the team where they want you to attend all.

They are doing ELEVEN tournaments and expect some of the kids to go to ALL of them? Not a bad idea to amortize out a larger roster so that the program is not stuck with bunches of kids out for some showcase or high school team thing, but what kid can physically handle 11 tournaments. The season isn't even 8 weeks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure some of the Outlaw tournaments are better then others for visability, who decides on the players for the better tournaments. If it works fine, just a thought from the outside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a great system. The better kids go to the better tournaments, and get placed where they can get recruited. All kids can also play for their high schools and go to top camps they get into through Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where does the silver team fit into this?
how does the selection process work as far as picking the kids
going to the better tournaments, showcases and camps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silver team gets coached well and put into the proper tournaments. Most kids that age probably need another year of development before they get recruited and my son gets it on the silver team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are doing ELEVEN tournaments and expect some of the kids to go to ALL of them? Not a bad idea to amortize out a larger roster so that the program is not stuck with bunches of kids out for some showcase or high school team thing, but what kid can physically handle 11 tournaments. The season isn't even 8 weeks!

I am positive no player did all the tournaments to date so therefore no one is doing 11. 9 maybe - LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silver team gets coached well and put into the proper tournaments. Most kids that age probably need another year of development before they get recruited and my son gets it on the silver team.

Silver team does not do any showcase or recruiting tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silver team is the red-headed step child of the Outlaws family. They get none of the benefits (ie. Recruiting tournaments, real coaching, exposure), but the parents are still expected to pay the same as being on the Black team. Basically, they allow themselves to be used as the Brennan bank account.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After all the glowering, looks like Maverik was basically LI + New England and a few kids coming in from California. Nothing from Philly on down going in for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]where does the silver team fit into this?

Silver team is the red-headed step child of the Outlaws family. They get none of the benefits (ie. Recruiting tournaments, real coaching, exposure), but the parents are still expected to pay the same as being on the Black team. Basically, they allow themselves to be used as the Brennan bank account. [/quo

So how do they pick which kids go to the recruiting tournaments
Showcases and camps that the Outlaws get invitations to if there is
Roster of over 35 kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After all the glowering, looks like Maverik was basically LI + New England and a few kids coming in from California. Nothing from Philly on down going in for that.

Boatloads of big lumbering upstate kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silver team is the red-headed step child of the Outlaws family. They get none of the benefits (ie. Recruiting tournaments, real coaching, exposure), but the parents are still expected to pay the same as being on the Black team. Basically, they allow themselves to be used as the Brennan bank account. [/quo

Roster of over 35 kids?

That b guy owner is a dirtball. And all about the money. What idiot pays 2500 for 4-5 tournaments. Parents are so naive. Its cute

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a top DI college coach comment he would have serious reservations about a kid who didn't play high school, regardless of how bad the HS team was or what the coach's reputation was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that b guy owner is a dirtball. And all about the money. What idiot pays 2500 for 4-5 tournaments. Parents are so naive. Its cute

Every parent whose kid plays for team 91 pays that much for 5 tournaments and even more for the training and winter league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How could the B Team by owned by someone else? Are the Outlaws a franchise now ?

If all are happy with that 35 Person Team then great. I don't think we would like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster of over 35 kids?

That b guy owner is a dirtball. And all about the money. What idiot pays 2500 for 4-5 tournaments. Parents are so naive. Its cute

If your talking Outlaws b Guy which I guess is Brennan - get facts Straight

Black Team last year cost 2200- 2 Fall tournaments and up to 7-8 Summer
Silver 2000 - 2 fall tournaments and 7 this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster of over 35 kids?

What organization charges 2500 for 4 summer tournaments? And who is "b guy owner"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that b guy owner is a dirtball. And all about the money. What idiot pays 2500 for 4-5 tournaments. Parents are so naive. Its cute

Every parent whose kid plays for team 91 pays that much for 5 tournaments and even more for the training and winter league.

Actually 91 pays around 1600 for 5 tournaments..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster of over 35 kids?

At the beginning of the year the team was sent a list of 12 tournaments and asked to pick 7. Some players may play more because of a small response for a particular tournament. Some may play less due to conflicts with school team, showcases, vacations, etc. I'm assuming if the response was large for a particular tournament the coaches chose the roster based on several criteria such as position need, who needs a tournament and, yes, who the stronger players are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How could the B Team by owned by someone else? Are the Outlaws a franchise now ?

If all are happy with that 35 Person Team then great. I don't think we would like it.

Big roster didn't work for my son. Moving on.

Page 65 of 70 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard