BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 47 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were also fl$ Express and other kids on the teams half was 91 though

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look who runs it. What did you expect? a load of bull as usual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
National 175

only two games
weak players
no college coaches

not priceless

Which National 175. If your talking about the one at Choate you must have not been there. It was 3 games and there were a ton of coaches there. Comp was good not the best but solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look who runs it. What did you expect? a load of bull as usual.

This is ridiculous. Cant we just be happy and proud for the boys. They went and beat some very good teams. Both our teams played well and that's what its all about. My son did not make it but many of his friends did. He was in constant contact with them and they all said they had a blast. Congratulations to the 2018 Boys from both Teams for doing so well and representing Long Island as well as you did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told New [lacrosse] was a New [lacrosse] team and Not a Long Island B. They are two separate and distinct areas so it only makes sense they are two completely different and selected teams. Long Island is a suburb of New [lacrosse]. So I guess New [lacrosse] would be the more elite team and Long Island the sub team. Sounds like they played in a tougher division.

Doesn't matter. Good showing by both.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island is always the best. Wins almost every year. The other team is for the boys who don't make LI, since there is enough talent to field two teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told New [lacrosse] was a New [lacrosse] team and Not a Long Island B. They are two separate and distinct areas so it only makes sense they are two completely different and selected teams. Long Island is a suburb of New [lacrosse]. So I guess New [lacrosse] would be the more elite team and Long Island the sub team. Sounds like they played in a tougher division.

Doesn't matter. Good showing by both.

You were told wrong. The NY team was mostly Long Island players. The more I read are you joking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just went to the roster and not one kid is from out of the 516 and 631 area codes on the New [lacrosse] roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National 175

only two games
weak players
no college coaches

not priceless

Which National 175. If your talking about the one at Choate you must have not been there. It was 3 games and there were a ton of coaches there. Comp was good not the best but solid.

I didn't even know there was a 2018 at Choate, but this was in reference to today 7/4/2014 at Mitchel Field and it was pretty weak event for the 2018's seems like a lot of money for two games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National 175

only two games
weak players
no college coaches

not priceless

I didn't even know there was a 2018 at Choate, but this was in reference to today 7/4/2014 at Mitchel Field and it was pretty weak event for the 2018's seems like a lot of money for two games
National 175

only two games
weak players
no college coaches

not priceless

2018's play tomorrow

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National 175

only two games
weak players
no college coaches

not priceless

Wasn't today for the Stars and Stripes team which didn't include 2018..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New [lacrosse] was the more talented team. Pretty obvious that New [lacrosse] is the bigger pool and Long Island the smaller pool. They must have had the tougher division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the other brackets, but the botb for the 2018 group is a waste of $, from the individual showcase thru today. No balls on endline for afternoon games, 1 official per game, inexperienced teams. Clubs spent how much for entry free, 2k?? Botb = show me the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the other brackets, but the botb for the 2018 group is a waste of $, from the individual showcase thru today. No balls on endline for afternoon games, 1 official per game, inexperienced teams. Clubs spent how much for entry free, 2k?? Botb = show me the money.

Express only A team In that bracket. Other side had 5 A teams. It's almost like they wrote the schedule. Out scored teams 70 to 4! Poorly done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, the terps also blew out team LI in finals, 8-2 or so... We however agree, not a very competitive tourny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, the terps also blew out team LI in finals, 8-2 or so... We however agree, not a very competitive tourny

All 32 Terps??? How many played? What is going on with that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your not on the team why do you care how many? If you are on the team and not getting enough time, find a new home...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express only A team In that bracket. Other side had 5 A teams. It's almost like they wrote the schedule. Out scored teams 70 to 4! Poorly done

The Red Devil team from NC managed to score 53 points for the weekend and were the overall 2nd leading points team. They just had no answer for the Express FOGO and suffered a big loss.

This team beat the Crabs earlier this year at MVP Blue Hen and last fall had wins over the Annapolis Hawks Green (at Hogan) and fl$ (fl$ 3d). They also finished 5th at [lacrosse]'s going 7-2 with their only losses to Madlax National in the quarter finals and an OT pool play loss to the GR Ironmen whom they had beaten previously. Not the best team in the land, but I don't think this is a B team and we look forward to playing whoever shows up at fl$ 3D in two weeks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your not on the team why do you care how many? If you are on the team and not getting enough time, find a new home...

Yikes! Just asking a question. Sounds like I hit a nerve...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Red devil team is competitive. I think Terps are just very strong this year at many positions...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National 175

only two games
weak players
no college coaches

not priceless

Wasn't today for the Stars and Stripes team which didn't include 2018..

There was a 2018 individual showcase Friday and then the team event was the weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a 2018 individual showcase Friday and then the team event was the weekend

There was an all star game Saturday night which was pretty good. Defenses had the upper hand and it was a low scoring game. Saw some good play from all the different helmets. I thought some of the passing was sloppy. Nice to see a few coaches on the sideline. I counted eight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Red devil team is competitive. I think Terps are just very strong this year at many positions...

Heard the Terps were hit with the injury bug and utilized the better players from the other teams. Sort of like a Varsity to JV relationship. And once you're on varsity you stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard the Terps were hit with the injury bug and utilized the better players from the other teams. Sort of like a Varsity to JV relationship. And once you're on varsity you stay.

WUH!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they used reclassified players from Maryland, Duke and Princeton!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who were the 5 A teams in the other bracket? Team LI and Bucks select are both A teams, Red Devil club solid but they played terps in pool play and lost by like 10, but other than those which others did you consider A? Believe me, Terps don't like the 15-0 games at all.

Terps having a pretty good year so far, lost at Adrenaline in championship in overtime against Extreme and lost one in championship against the 2017 outlaws. Lost once or twice to Dukes and beat them 3 other times, lost a game to someone at Dukes invitational Mesa fresh? but beat their fair share...including madlax DC team.

This weekend at NXT in Philly should be great. All the tough teams and expect a bunch of colleges on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who were the 5 A teams in the other bracket? Team LI and Bucks select are both A teams, Red Devil club solid but they played terps in pool play and lost by like 10, but other than those which others did you consider A? Believe me, Terps don't like the 15-0 games at all.

Terps having a pretty good year so far, lost at Adrenaline in championship in overtime against Extreme and lost one in championship against the 2017 outlaws. Lost once or twice to Dukes and beat them 3 other times, lost a game to someone at Dukes invitational Mesa fresh? but beat their fair share...including madlax DC team.

This weekend at NXT in Philly should be great. All the tough teams and expect a bunch of colleges on the sidelines.

If Terps didn't want to win every game by 15 they would have balanced brackets. Jesters didn't have great showing here but played Bucks to a one or two goal game and made finals of Laxfest (assuming same team) few weeks ago. CT chargers played all games close, certainly an A team, and Steps won every game or played tight in 2 or 3 goal games. Steps has kids from a bunch of NJ A teams all playing together Teams in other bracket were B - caliber except Terps and Red Devil. Evolve who was winless would have gone 3 and 2 on other side!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, didn't mean to put down any teams, didn't know Jesters were there...and never heard of steps.

Terps handled both Red Devil and Team LI pretty easily so not sure that changing the brackets would have changed the outcome...but who knows such things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Terps didn't want to win every game by 15 they would have balanced brackets. Jesters didn't have great showing here but played Bucks to a one or two goal game and made finals of Laxfest (assuming same team) few weeks ago. CT chargers played all games close, certainly an A team, and Steps won every game or played tight in 2 or 3 goal games. Steps has kids from a bunch of NJ A teams all playing together Teams in other bracket were B - caliber except Terps and Red Devil. Evolve who was winless would have gone 3 and 2 on other side!

I M O... you put a lot of thought into what you feel was unjust. At the end of the day, the stronger, more skilled team won. A bracket, B team, who really cares. There are so many critics out there, why don't you put on your own event and let's see how you do. The second best team at this event were the Red Devil team from NC, they would have probably beat Team LI the way they did the other teams in their bracket, so they (Team LI) were lucky to have been placed into bracket where all the teams were fairly equal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps, contrary to your comment, didn't make the brackets. It wasn't even their tournament, it was 175...

Terps tournament was the week before and the Terps beat all comers including Laxachusets and Dukes back to back...

THe lacrosse gods are not out to get the Jesters. THey have a very decent team, but chances of them beating terps or extreme or team LI are slim. I think team LI gave you a pretty good beating this weekend?

Relax, you have a good team, you should offer two or three kids from each of the terps and extreme scholarships next year and then you can beat everyone...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps, contrary to your comment, didn't make the brackets. It wasn't even their tournament, it was 175...

Terps tournament was the week before and the Terps beat all comers including Laxachusets and Dukes back to back...

THe lacrosse gods are not out to get the Jesters. THey have a very decent team, but chances of them beating terps or extreme or team LI are slim. I think team LI gave you a pretty good beating.
Relax, you have a good team, you should offer two or three kids from each of the terps and extreme scholarships next year and then you can beat everyone...

Jester parent here, I have to agree with you. We have not beat Extreme terps or team li. We have a solid on age team with zero holdbacks. On average, except for a few kids, we have one of the smallest teams in 2018. We Gave Extreme a solid game at Shamrock and they beat us easily at Laxfest in finals. We played Terps solid in spring with a 1 goal game at the half. Team LI just way to big for us. We have some very strong on age players, give us five hold backs or team li rising 10th graders and it's a different team. No complaints or excuses here, we are what our record says we are. However, throw in birth certificate rule with Dec 1 cut off, and you could make a really nice 2017 team from all the kids that couldnt play from, Extreme, Terps, Bucks, Steps and Red Devil. Again no excuses, its just a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THe lacrosse gods are not out to get the Jesters. THey have a very decent team, but chances of them beating terps or extreme or team LI are slim. I think team LI gave you a pretty good beating this weekend?

Terps were best team there and Team LI second. Ended the way it should have. How they got there much different. Sure terps would have prefered to play some more competitive games. Not sure what Jesters has to do with all that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't speak for every terp kid, but mine is on age and on appropriate grade team. I have heard there is one hold back but can't confirm or deny. we have been with this team for years and more important than wins and losses, good kids with good families for most part.

team LI is age appropriate and always has been. they do have a couple of boys that I have been told are young rising sophomores. Would rather play them than teams like the crabs where most of the team is a year plus older.

I don't know about extreme, so but you certainly are overreaching with terps and team LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps played a five quarter scrimmage against jesters in the spring. Jesters scored a few real quick goals for an early lead. Took a little bit but it was not a close game.

these jester parents have an insecurity complex...they are a good team but really are out of their league with Dukes, Crabs, Terps, extreme...doesn't make them bad people, doesn't mean their kids aren't getting better, it just means for today, they are simply not at the same level.

You should know, the other teams are no longer playing to win tournaments, they are playing to get the kids opportunities to be seen by college coaches. We don't need any more tee shirts...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps played a five quarter scrimmage against jesters in the spring. Jesters scored a few real quick goals for an early lead. Took a little bit but it was not a close game.

these jester parents have an insecurity complex...they are a good team but really are out of their league with Dukes, Crabs, Terps, extreme...doesn't make them bad people, doesn't mean their kids aren't getting better, it just means for today, they are simply not at the same level.

You should know, the other teams are no longer playing to win tournaments, they are playing to get the kids opportunities to be seen by college coaches. We don't need any more tee shirts...

Jesters have never claimed to be better than extreme or terps. No insecurity. Not looking for tee shirts. Can't speak for others but i am looking for my son to play the best teams and see high caliber competition. He won't get better winning B tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THe lacrosse gods are not out to get the Jesters. THey have a very decent team, but chances of them beating terps or extreme or team LI are slim. I think team LI gave you a pretty good beating.

Jester parent here, I have to agree with you. We have not beat Extreme terps or team li. We have a solid on age team with zero holdbacks. On average, except for a few kids, we have one of the smallest teams in 2018. We Gave Extreme a solid game at Shamrock and they beat us easily at Laxfest in finals. We played Terps solid in spring with a 1 goal game at the half. Team LI just way to big for us. We have some very strong on age players, give us five hold backs or team li rising 10th graders and it's a different team. No complaints or excuses here, we are what our record says we are. However, throw in birth certificate rule with Dec 1 cut off, and you could make a really nice 2017 team from all the kids that couldnt play from, Extreme, Terps, Bucks, Steps and Red Devil. Again no excuses, its just a fact.

Jester parent, fyi TLI had 2 rising 9th graders and not one of them scored a goal or had an assist.i bet you could not pick them out. You have a good team,no need for explanations .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take this from a 2017 parent passing along. Skip Brine next year. Total rip off. $175 tryout, then $200 tournament for a couple of days. All that is a gateway to further emptying your pockets. Nobody needs an online recruiting profile for $240 a year. Noone wants a recruiting event where the only interest of the colleges attending or coaching is to use the registration lists to solicit for their camps and clinics. Classic lacrosse pyramid scheme.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are rising Soph or Frosh, I honestly don't care as long as they were born after 8/31/99. I have more of an issue of kids that plays 2018 born before that date. At least on the youth level, which our boys are growing out of. Perhaps this is the reason we saw more parity this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are rising Soph or Frosh, I honestly don't care as long as they were born after 8/31/99. I have more of an issue of kids that plays 2018 born before that date. At least on the youth level, which our boys are growing out of. Perhaps this is the reason we saw more parity this year.

If you have one kid who has been in HS you shouldn't be playing in 2018 tournament. Regardless of how many goals they score. Should play 2017 or U15 tournaments. There are very few rules about age, but this is actually one of them.

Page 43 of 47 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard