BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 83 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip lost

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
West Islip lost

Good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all.. Just one more question, if a college coach calls the director of your club is he oblugated to tell you?

Doubt he's obligated, but I wouldn't want to play for any director who wouldn't.

Same here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip lost

Good!

My daughter is not yet in HS but I find it sad that we can't be happy for the winners, or give the respect to the teams that make it to the championships. obviously it cant be everyone. Get over yourself and be happy for those who make it this far. One day it might be your daughter. We can blame refs,etc. but all the girls are working hard to achieve their dreams. Do you have any idea how hard it is to lose in a championship game. And you say "good"? Shame on you!...Smithtown parent, and GREAT JOB WI great having you represent LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip lost

Good!

My daughter is not yet in HS but I find it sad that we can't be happy for the winners, or give the respect to the teams that make it to the championships. obviously it cant be everyone. Get over yourself and be happy for those who make it this far. One day it might be your daughter. We can blame refs,etc. but all the girls are working hard to achieve their dreams. Do you have any idea how hard it is to lose in a championship game. And you say "good"? Shame on you!...Smithtown parent, and GREAT JOB WI great having you represent LI

I'll say it again - good! Like to see other teams win, especially after all the winning WI has done over the years, especially on the boys side. Like to see things mixed up and other towns winning. Also quiets down the cocky WI people I know, so I guess it's personal!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip lost

Good!

I'll say it again - good! Like to see other teams win, especially after all the winning WI has done over the years, especially on the boys side. Like to see things mixed up and other towns winning. Also quiets down the cocky WI people I know, so I guess it's personal!

Karma will come back to you my friend.
For your information the W I Girls Varsity untill this year has never won a Suffolk County Championship. Please don't project your hatred of the WI Boys onto the Girls Program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all.. Just one more question, if a college coach calls the director of your club is he oblugated to tell you?

Doubt he's obligated, but I wouldn't want to play for any director who wouldn't.

I'm sure BS holds back telling a kid of a call until Hofstra can get an offer in. Same as CR holding back til the kid pays their $1800 recruiting fee. Disgusting!

Parents, do your HW and get involved! Only you truly have you'd child's best interest at heart!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip will be back at some capacity you people don't realize we don't care what you think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question. If college coaches are not allowed to contact you before your junior year, how do all of these 9/10 graders get to committ? Who do they talk to if they can't talk to you? Thank you.

Pretty sure it's a one-way "commitment" - the girls saying where they want to go. I don't think the schools are committing to anything - why would they so far in advance? Too many variables on both sides.

It is called a verbal commitment and both the school and the athlete are verbally agreeing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure BS holds back telling a kid of a call until Hofstra can get an offer in. Same as CR holding back til the kid pays their $1800 recruiting fee. Disgusting!

Parents, do your HW and get involved! Only you truly have you'd child's best interest at heart!!

You are ridiculous ... I am a YJ parent and all coaches interest info was given to us and no we did not pay a fee

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are ridiculous ... I am a YJ parent and all coaches interest info was given to us and no we did not pay a fee
I also agree as a YJ parent all info was forwarded my way with regards to my child and no additional fees were paid. The recruiting fee is something completely different if you don't know your facts don't state something. My daughter was recruited and helped by her YJ coach as well as CR with no additional fees!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they may tell you a school called but YJ will not say anything to the college coaches who expressed interest. No positive feedback, no glowing endorsements. No recruiting fee = no recommendations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip will be back at some capacity you people don't realize we don't care what you think

Then why do you keep responding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip lost

Good!

Karma will come back to you my friend.
For your information the W I Girls Varsity untill this year has never won a Suffolk County Championship. Please don't project your hatred of the WI Boys onto the Girls Program.

I know they haven't won anything yet, but can't help the boys side spilling over, and making me happy someone else won! Don't take it personally!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to Manhasset on its State Championship!

West Islip & Cold Spring Harbor--great showing and you make LI proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip and Cold Spring Harbor proud? They got the crap kicked out of them. Over rated LI teams were sent home packing!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
West Islip and Cold Spring Harbor proud? They got the crap kicked out of them. Over rated LI teams were sent home packing!

CSH lost by 1. That hardly counts as getting the crap kicked out of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just in case you were wondering the weather up in Cortland was perfect. West Genesee was by far the best team we played all year they started 10 seniors, now have SEVEN State Titles not like the teams we beat that have one or two girls that could play. Congrats to the West Genesee girls and parents you guys are a class act. Thanks to the West Islip Senior girls who lead the way to Cortland we are going to miss you all. Thanks to the West Islip community whos support was second to none. The tailgate in Cortland was historic thanks to all the parents who worked so hard to put it together. A big thank you to the coaches who put this team on the field you guys did a superb job. We are all proud of our girls for making this season the best in the history of our school. Enjoy your summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just in case you were wondering the weather up in Cortland was perfect. West Genesee was by far the best team we played all year they started 10 seniors, now have SEVEN State Titles not like the teams we beat that have one or two girls that could play. Congrats to the West Genesee girls and parents you guys are a class act. Thanks to the West Islip Senior girls who lead the way to Cortland we are going to miss you all. Thanks to the West Islip community whos support was second to none. The tailgate in Cortland was historic thanks to all the parents who worked so hard to put it together. A big thank you to the coaches who put this team on the field you guys did a superb job. We are all proud of our girls for making this season the best in the history of our school. Enjoy your summer!

This cannot be from a West Islip parent! You can't be this obnoxious can you? Like at the county game when one of you was unbearably rude to a College Coach after the game not recognizing her in parking lot as you cut in front of her - saying what team are u from I'm from West Islip!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seniors who led the way?? Guess those pesky juniors and sophomores didn't lead the way!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

West islip lost by 5, Cold Spring Harbor by one (with two seconds left) an Manhasset won by four. Overall one for three in championships with a -2 goal differential.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure the Coach wasn't there to watch any of the Happauge girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls are expected at Under Armour tryouts today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want to hear something real funny there was no traffic in Cortland and plenty of College Coaches watching the 12 BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE compete. So all the girls got plenty of exposure without playing in some summer league tournament coached by BS or CR so when you have trouble getting out of a parking lot maybe your daughter could assist you or was she the one collapsed on the turf crying her eyes out while you were lost in the parking lot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be next year. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I didn't recognize a college coach or any coach for that matter but I do recall the score of the game. I'm pretty sure the parking lot was empty by the time we left cause we were to busy celebrating with our GIRLS until Dowling security turned out the lights and told us to scram before they called the police and rounded us up. So I don't remember seeing any College coaches in the parking lot because the lot was empty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure the Coach wasn't there to watch any of the Happauge girls.

I'm sure the college coaches were there to watch all three games. Lots of talented athletes on all six teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want to hear something real funny there was no traffic in Cortland and plenty of College Coaches watching the 12 BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE compete. So all the girls got plenty of exposure without playing in some summer league tournament coached by BS or CR so when you have trouble getting out of a parking lot maybe your daughter could assist you or was she the one collapsed on the turf crying her eyes out while you were lost in the parking lot?

All I know is your team only had one all american for all your greatness. Same amount as Hauppauge. And LESS than Mt. Sinai's two All Americans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to your daughter, look what she was able to accomplish w/ such a [lacrosse] as a parent!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I didn't recognize a college coach or any coach for that matter but I do recall the score of the game. I'm pretty sure the parking lot was empty by the time we left cause we were to busy celebrating with our GIRLS until Dowling security turned out the lights and told us to scram before they called the police and rounded us up. So I don't remember seeing any College coaches in the parking lot because the lot was empty.

And again, congrats to your daughter, look how much she has accomplished with such a [lacrosse] as a parent!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original. You my friend started not I maybe if you graduated high school your thought process would be just a little better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats why its about being a complete team so the All American does not have to do the heavy lifting all the time. Thats why West Genesee was the best team we played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats why its about being a complete team so the All American does not have to do the heavy lifting all the time. Thats why West Genesee was the best team we played.

you are now yesterday's news. See you next year, can't wait for you to taste your humble pie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are now yesterday's news. See you next year, can't wait for you to taste your humble pie!

WI = One year wonder! (almost)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WI = One year wonder! (almost)

Karma..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all of the players in the class of 2014. Wherever your next stop in life is enjoy every moment and always remember where you came from. For those going on to play lacrosse in college leave your old colors at home and join forces with your new team and show the world how great girls lacrosse is on Long Island!! Some of you from many different districts will now become teammates and more then likely great friends leave the rivalry of high school sports on the field that you are leaving and join your forces to show the strength LI has to offer!! Best of Luck to you all..enjoy every minute of every moment!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour tryouts were a joke. I think I saw one or two evaluators without YJ affiliation. How does UA allow this to happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour tryouts were a joke. I think I saw one or two evaluators without YJ affiliation. How does UA allow this to happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't notice any of them looking at the field!, no clipboards no pens...I guess the teams are set.

It was an hour and a half of throwing the ball around amongst themselves, self stretching and then right into games..wth, I didn't see any stations or small sided stuff. They didn't even do any shuttles...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of a Varsity and JV Summer League other than the Farmingdale one?

Page 33 of 83 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard