BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,778
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 83 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Players are going to play however they want to try an be successful. everyone does its part of life. theyre going to do what ever they want so why are you still picking on the best players on long island. theyre way better than your daughter MTt. Sinai might play dirty but so does bayport so does shoreham so does any other team. its part of the game. if you dont like it go tell your therapist and stop picking on some the best players in the country.
This quote is a stunning example of the culture in Mt. Sinai. It's one thing for a girl to maybe sneak a step after the whistle, It's another when they are taught to do it as policy for a program. That goal that was shown on M.S.G. is a perfect example of Mt. Sinai lacrosse, she knew her stick was illegal and didn't even celebrate with her team after an important goal, she immediately turned her back to the ref and started to tighten the strings while walking up field. The stick was so bad that she walked from the goal to mid field, all the way, fixing her stick. thats cheap and dirty just like Al. My daughter, just like everyone else, plays with and against some of the best athletes in the game, and no team, not North Port, Manhasset, Garden City, St Anthony's, no team is as blatantly dirty, and taught to "bend the rules as Mt Sinai". Al bar alone is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to lead girls with such talent.

This post is ridiculous. I am a Shoreham parent who has no love lost for Mt Sinai. Our rivalry is heated and very competitive. With that said I know many of the parents and players and they are great people. Speaking of their coach Al. He is loud and often times may rub some the wrong way BUT he prepares his team well and puts so much time and effort into the kids that it is commendable. I think his players are aggressive and tough. I do not think they are dirty. We have been accused of the same tactics and our teams are not dirty. The accusations come when a program wins.
Manhasset , Garden City and St. Anthony's win without that reputation. It does not surprise me that S.W.R. parents run to the defense of Mt. Sinai, Birds of a feather as they say. If you mean Loud Al prepares his kids by telling them to bend the rules until your caught than I agree. there is a slim line between aggressive play and cheating as policy, and Loud Al doesn't just cross it he tries to erase it. But like I said before, his dirty tricks bit him n the but this time.

Seems like a personal vendetta between this poster and the coach. Have some guts and talk to him. Face to face. Doubt you will though. BTW, St Anthonys is a political [lacrosse] show with a$$ kissing parents running the show. Yeah that's a great place to be. Lol. That a$$ kissing extends to travel as well. Just go to the UA try outs. It's comical.

Same in Garden City but they couldn't buy a win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a quick note. That was one of the most horrendously officiated games I have ever seen. After the last 3 min half, the Cold Spring fans didn't even know if they should cheer. Being a Bayport parent and having multiple CSH parents say it was a terrible mess and that the Nassau official in question is known for his terrible calls. They see him do it all the time. I am not saying either team would have been on top if he had not been so bad but at least both sides would be in understanding of their control of W/L position at the end.

The officiating was horrible in the St. A's v. Sacred Heart final too - one official appeared to have a problem with her leg and could barely make it up and down the field. There has to be better officials out there to ref championship games - and I am a St. A's parent so not sour grapes.
It is a sad mess that this official with a terrible reputation would even be allowed to officiate any Championship Game. There needs to be a way to prevent him continuing to put his mark on the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the refs...the refs...the refs! yeah sure. csh was able to make a play when it counted. how about that? yeah and im sure csh parents were running up and down sidelines complaining that there was no call. stop it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players are going to play however they want to try an be successful. everyone does its part of life. theyre going to do what ever they want so why are you still picking on the best players on long island. theyre way better than your daughter MTt. Sinai might play dirty but so does bayport so does shoreham so does any other team. its part of the game. if you dont like it go tell your therapist and stop picking on some the best players in the country.
This quote is a stunning example of the culture in Mt. Sinai. It's one thing for a girl to maybe sneak a step after the whistle, It's another when they are taught to do it as policy for a program. That goal that was shown on M.S.G. is a perfect example of Mt. Sinai lacrosse, she knew her stick was illegal and didn't even celebrate with her team after an important goal, she immediately turned her back to the ref and started to tighten the strings while walking up field. The stick was so bad that she walked from the goal to mid field, all the way, fixing her stick. thats cheap and dirty just like Al. My daughter, just like everyone else, plays with and against some of the best athletes in the game, and no team, not North Port, Manhasset, Garden City, St Anthony's, no team is as blatantly dirty, and taught to "bend the rules as Mt Sinai". Al bar alone is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to lead girls with such talent.
is a great man. He is by far not the reason that the girls play overly aggressive and or cheat. I blame their parents. I have sat on the sidelines at YJ games and listened to these parents direct their children to do it not to do what the coach says. My daughter has played for Al and he teaches them nothing but to respect and love the game. It is not his philosophy to lie, cheat or beat up on anyone he is only a puppet in a program full of puppet masters. I'm sure the parents at Mt Sinai are probably blaming him for the loss why blame their precious little girls for being out played!!!
Mt. Sinai has by far the worst set of parents and it roles down to their kids. You can not blame a GREAT man like Al for his parents. The worst experience my daughter had with YJ over the years was dealing with the ego parents and players from that town. As funny as it may sound at the Suffolk county championship game there were more people rooting for BPBP just to see the Mt Sinai parents blow a tantrum and cry at the end of the game. I feel sorry for Al they will want him fired blaming him for a loss that was due the the coaching from the parents in the stands...tough break that a great coach works in a [lacrosse] show of a district would have loved for my daughter to be coached by such a great man!!!

I know a lot of the Mt. Sinai parents and I have never heard any of them say anything but how much work Al puts in with the girls and how he has been instrumental in their success. My daughter has played with and against them and the MT Sinai parents have always been supportive of all the girls. It's obvious you have some personal issues, Give it a rest or address it with them yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a quick note. That was one of the most horrendously officiated games I have ever seen. After the last 3 min half, the Cold Spring fans didn't even know if they should cheer. Being a Bayport parent and having multiple CSH parents say it was a terrible mess and that the Nassau official in question is known for his terrible calls. They see him do it all the time. I am not saying either team would have been on top if he had not been so bad but at least both sides would be in understanding of their control of W/L position at the end.

also that nassau ref and CSH coach have some sought of work related relationship... check that one out.....
It is a sad mess that this official with a terrible reputation would even be allowed to officiate any Championship Game. There needs to be a way to prevent him continuing to put his mark on the game.

Who is it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

also that nassau ref and CSH coach have some sought of work related relationship... check that one out.....

Who is it?

Nassau ref from farmingdale, president of nassau officials organazation. should i say more....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is it?

Nassau ref from farmingdale, president of nassau officials organazation. should i say more....

Both Teams Coaches agree who is going to Officiate playoff games. There are Teams in Nassau that refuse to have the Official in question,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is it?

I just saw the tape, he should have just let her pick up the ball with her hand and throw the ball in the goal. If you are not capable of putting friendship aside then you should not be officiating a game in which your friends daughter played. Is there anyone at NYSED that oversees officials? This guy is out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 of 4 refs were from Suffolk.
Who is it?

I just saw the tape, he should have just let her pick up the ball with her hand and throw the ball in the goal. If you are not capable of putting friendship aside then you should not be officiating a game in which your friends daughter played. Is there anyone at NYSED that oversees officials? This guy is out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is it?

The head of the Nassau officials assoc. is Joe Fanning

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is it?

The head of the Nassau officials assoc. is Joe Fanning

You Suffolk people really need to learn how to lose (and win) with dignity. I can't believe all the stuff you write on here. The only thing I ask is this - please keep it up. I love reading it - it's like a car wreck that you have to see. I also love it because you rip each other so much that hopefully coaches get wind of your antics and your reputations making it easier to recruit our kids. Please continue...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Just saw a News12 recap. CSH scores and knocks BBP's goalie down. No call.

Yep. Two great teams played, but the video clearly shows the game was not called fairly.

Was not at game...Not from either town...posts made me wonder so I watched the replay on MSG Varsity.

If you go back and watch, in slow motion, you will clearly see that white #18 pushes the shooter from behind causing the shooter to collide into the goalie. Good goal!
Had the shot missed it would have been a fee position on the 8 as it would have impacted the shot.

you may not like the official and he may stink. But he did get this one right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep. Two great teams played, but the video clearly shows the game was not called fairly.

Was not at game...Not from either town...posts made me wonder so I watched the replay on MSG Varsity.

If you go back and watch, in slow motion, you will clearly see that white #18 pushes the shooter from behind causing the shooter to collide into the goalie. Good goal!
Had the shot missed it would have been a fee position on the 8 as it would have impacted the shot.

If fouls occurred during play I think it should have been no Goal with a free Position. If Not should have been no draw after Goal with CSH getting ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Dave, I mean Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If fouls occurred during play I think it should have been no Goal with a free Position. If Not should have been no draw after Goal with CSH getting ball

If a foul occurs while a girl is in the critical scoring area and she still has advantage the flag is raised and the whistle is held. In this case the ref is correct to allow the shot to be taken. Possession should go to the scoring team due to the major foul after the shot . That's just how I would have called it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 of 4 refs were from Suffolk.
Who is it?

It is sad that these bad ref calls can determine the outcome of so many games. You can say peole are just complaining, and blaming others for their loss, but I disagree. When your child reaches a competition of high calibur, there is a lot at stake. There needs to be someting done to ensure these ref calls are legit. Maybe more refs are needed? I don't know the answer, but it's not right!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The officiating was horrible in the St. A's v. Sacred Heart final too - one official appeared to have a problem with her leg and could barely make it up and down the field. There has to be better officials out there to ref championship games - and I am a St. A's parent so not sour grapes.
I agree, the officiating is inconsistent and sometimes downright bias! It is a sport that has more whistles and stoppages than a traffic cop in Times Square! This puts a lot of emphasis on the officials interpretation of the rules and their ability to execute that day. There is a philosophical difference of how the game should be called throughout women's lacrosse and you see those differences from ref to ref. It makes it difficult for the girls to know how to play from game to game. Since there are so many calls and subjectivity there are more reaction from coaches, players and fans to those calls. I have been involved in many sports and I have never seen ref's influenced from that reaction as much as this sport. To the point where their calls get demonstrative towards the team they have turned on. These refs need to be reminded that the game is not about them and they don't need to be a part in the outcome!
That being said, I watched both BBP games vs. MT Sinai and CSH, As much as they got the short end against CSH, they certainly got the benefit in the MT Sinai game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have we forgotten that this was not the only game played?? West islip rocked Fdale and is off to the states.. 20-0 and still counting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have we forgotten that this was not the only game played?? West islip rocked Fdale and is off to the states.. 20-0 and still counting

Yeah no one seems to care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

great job WI, good luck in Cortland!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CONGRATS TO WEST ISLIP. GO WIN STATES. A WM parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealous people say they don't, but they do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think West Islip got very lucky its 1st 2 playoff games, should have lost, then played so so against Hauppauge.. But against Farmingdale after farmingdale went up 3 0, I thought it would be a blow out. WI woke up and dominated the rest of the game 12 5. Farmingdale goalie played great could have been much worse like 16 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you jealous people don't get it WI doesn't give a [lacrosse] what you think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all Long Island Teams in States. Make us proud!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Good luck to WI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the [lacrosse] is going on in suffolk county?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if WI didn't care what people thought then you wouldn't have posted that. Farmingdale was weak this year. They lost to many of the stronger teams, defense wasn't what it used to be. It's good to see someone knocked the Fdale parents off their pedestals. Div 1 in suffolk county also very weak this year would love to think of what the score would have been if WI played MT Sinai, Sayville, Bayport or ESM guarenteed not the same results as they had against fdale

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if WI didn't care what people thought then you wouldn't have posted that. Farmingdale was weak this year. They lost to many of the stronger teams, defense wasn't what it used to be. It's good to see someone knocked the Fdale parents off their pedestals. Div 1 in suffolk county also very weak this year would love to think of what the score would have been if WI played MT Sinai, Sayville, Bayport or ESM guarenteed not the same results as they had against fdale
hello from cortland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any score from this morning

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck West Islip, come home with the 'ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 -3 Manhasset w ins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor and West Islip all win to make it to the State Championships. Strong Island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question. If college coaches are not allowed to contact you before your junior year, how do all of these 9/10 graders get to committ? Who do they talk to if they can't talk to you? Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question. If college coaches are not allowed to contact you before your junior year, how do all of these 9/10 graders get to committ? Who do they talk to if they can't talk to you? Thank you.

Pretty sure it's a one-way "commitment" - the girls saying where they want to go. I don't think the schools are committing to anything - why would they so far in advance? Too many variables on both sides.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They contact you through your club director or coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls are allowed to call the coaches, so the coaches can talk to the girls. The coaches just can't initiate the call. It's silly, really. If the player calls and gets voicemail, they leave a message, and mention a few times that they'll call back. If the coach wants the kid, they'll be available one of the times, to answer the phone. Also, the coaches can call the club coaches, who then tell the girls to call the coach, or act as a liaison. It's a pretty useless rule when you think about it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all.. Just one more question, if a college coach calls the director of your club is he oblugated to tell you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all.. Just one more question, if a college coach calls the director of your club is he oblugated to tell you?

Doubt he's obligated, but I wouldn't want to play for any director who wouldn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cold Spring Harbor lost

Page 32 of 83 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard