BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 83 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone watch the last two goals scored by mt Sinai both girls went to their stick and tightened their pockets on mt Sinai's 8th goal when they had to drop their sticks watch what the girl at midfield does after she drops her stick

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did anyone watch the last two goals scored by mt Sinai both girls went to their stick and tightened their pockets on mt Sinai's 8th goal when they had to drop their sticks watch what the girl at midfield does after she drops her stick

I also noticed that in multiple games when they have the lead and an 8m shot, the girl taking the shot suddenly has to tie her shoes while the clock is running. They also move after the whistle to gain advantage. They also ignore the restraining line completely when riding and will go over the line by 7-10 yards. Do you think this is coincidence or coaching to "bend" the rules?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised no one has metioned Gary Gait's comment to the Mt. Sinai coach when they were upstate to play Christian Brothers. I've heard it from three different sources/school districts and the gist was consistent: "What are you doing?" Not said in a flattering way about how he ran his game, ran the score, and kept the starters in while doing so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also noticed that in multiple games when they have the lead and an 8m shot, the girl taking the shot suddenly has to tie her shoes while the clock is running. They also move after the whistle to gain advantage. They also ignore the restraining line completely when riding and will go over the line by 7-10 yards. Do you think this is coincidence or coaching to "bend" the rules?

How many have ties to yellow jackets? they are all taught to play overlay aggressive and move after the whistle. Lacrosse should go the way of basketball, 5 fouls and your gone. Would clear out the YJ players pretty quick in most games

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Amen to the five personal fouls = you're out. That would really clean up the dirty tricks, IMO.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many have ties to yellow jackets? they are all taught to play overlay aggressive and move after the whistle. Lacrosse should go the way of basketball, 5 fouls and your gone. Would clear out the YJ players pretty quick in most games

Yes. And all those cheating YJ players are really struggling at the next level. You people are pathetic!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised no one has metioned Gary Gait's comment to the Mt. Sinai coach when they were upstate to play Christian Brothers. I've heard it from three different sources/school districts and the gist was consistent: "What are you doing?" Not said in a flattering way about how he ran his game, ran the score, and kept the starters in while doing so.

Yes. I am sure you heard that from 3 different school districts, because they all drove 6 Hrs to Syracuse to see a meaningless HS lax game???? Ran up the score? Mt sinai didn't shoot for the last 6 or 7 min of the game. Where do u get this BS from? And who cares anyway??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tightening your stick after a goal shoul be an automatic red card it was very clear what they did The video dosent lie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should have to drop there stick immediately after scoring like in college, and every goal scorers stick should be checked. If a player is caught by a ref altering a stick after the stick check the stick should be removed from the game. As far as the she tying goes, that girl ticked off a full minute off the clock, and she not only tied her shoe, she first untied it, but thats on the ref as soon as she untied the shoe she should have been green carded and made to leave the field of play until the equipment was fixed. I know she was going to have an 8 meter but another girl should have been awarded the shot in her place. Besides, I bet they wished they had that minute back at the end of the game. Thats the Creator making everything even again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Amen to the five personal fouls = you're out. That would really clean up the dirty tricks, IMO.

and alot less whistles.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

and alot less whistles.

My son, no girls lax fan, just showed me a tweet: Girls lacrosse = freeze tag. LOL He has a point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tightening your stick after a goal shoul be an automatic red card it was very clear what they did The video dosent lie
who cares what they do the season is over for them they lost !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really think you people are crazy These are kids that gave it a 100 percent and came up short this game. So maybe they were dramatic after loosing but I could sware I have seen grown men (prof. Athletes) cry after loosing a big game. And to the one judging the parents parenting who made you the almighty one. Have 4 kids and have been through all of this too many times to count and for u to have the balls is amazing look in the mirror judging kids you don't even know. Karma will smack u in the face

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players are going to play however they want to try an be successful. everyone does its part of life. theyre going to do what ever they want so why are you still picking on the best players on long island. theyre way better than your daughter MTt. Sinai might play dirty but so does bayport so does shoreham so does any other team. its part of the game. if you dont like it go tell your therapist and stop picking on some the best players in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt Sinai players knowingly cheat to gain an advantage. Feet over the line on 8 meter shots, feet over the line on draws, creeping when they think the ref isn't looking,etc.
And when they are caught loud mouthed coach Al screams at the officials. He should only know what the other coaches say about him and his tactics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why many of them YJ get verbal commits in 9th Grade, LOSER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players are going to play however they want to try an be successful. everyone does its part of life. theyre going to do what ever they want so why are you still picking on the best players on long island. theyre way better than your daughter MTt. Sinai might play dirty but so does bayport so does shoreham so does any other team. its part of the game. if you dont like it go tell your therapist and stop picking on some the best players in the country.
This quote is a stunning example of the culture in Mt. Sinai. It's one thing for a girl to maybe sneak a step after the whistle, It's another when they are taught to do it as policy for a program. That goal that was shown on M.S.G. is a perfect example of Mt. Sinai lacrosse, she knew her stick was illegal and didn't even celebrate with her team after an important goal, she immediately turned her back to the ref and started to tighten the strings while walking up field. The stick was so bad that she walked from the goal to mid field, all the way, fixing her stick. thats cheap and dirty just like Al. My daughter, just like everyone else, plays with and against some of the best athletes in the game, and no team, not North Port, Manhasset, Garden City, St Anthony's, no team is as blatantly dirty, and taught to "bend the rules as Mt Sinai". Al bar alone is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to lead girls with such talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, spending time venting over loss is over, it is time to move forward. Good luck to WI, Sayville and Bayport representing suffolk's best today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This quote is a stunning example of the culture in Mt. Sinai. It's one thing for a girl to maybe sneak a step after the whistle, It's another when they are taught to do it as policy for a program. That goal that was shown on M.S.G. is a perfect example of Mt. Sinai lacrosse, she knew her stick was illegal and didn't even celebrate with her team after an important goal, she immediately turned her back to the ref and started to tighten the strings while walking up field. The stick was so bad that she walked from the goal to mid field, all the way, fixing her stick. thats cheap and dirty just like Al. My daughter, just like everyone else, plays with and against some of the best athletes in the game, and no team, not North Port, Manhasset, Garden City, St Anthony's, no team is as blatantly dirty, and taught to "bend the rules as Mt Sinai". Al bar alone is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to lead girls with such talent.

This post is ridiculous. I am a Shoreham parent who has no love lost for Mt Sinai. Our rivalry is heated and very competitive. With that said I know many of the parents and players and they are great people. Speaking of their coach Al. He is loud and often times may rub some the wrong way BUT he prepares his team well and puts so much time and effort into the kids that it is commendable. I think his players are aggressive and tough. I do not think they are dirty. We have been accused of the same tactics and our teams are not dirty. The accusations come when a program wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is a great man. He is by far not the reason that the girls play overly aggressive and or cheat. I blame their parents. I have sat on the sidelines at YJ games and listened to these parents direct their children to do it not to do what the coach says. My daughter has played for Al and he teaches them nothing but to respect and love the game. It is not his philosophy to lie, cheat or beat up on anyone he is only a puppet in a program full of puppet masters. I'm sure the parents at Mt Sinai are probably blaming him for the loss why blame their precious little girls for being out played!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is ridiculous. I am a Shoreham parent who has no love lost for Mt Sinai. Our rivalry is heated and very competitive. With that said I know many of the parents and players and they are great people. Speaking of their coach Al. He is loud and often times may rub some the wrong way BUT he prepares his team well and puts so much time and effort into the kids that it is commendable. I think his players are aggressive and tough. I do not think they are dirty. We have been accused of the same tactics and our teams are not dirty. The accusations come when a program wins.
Manhasset , Garden City and St. Anthony's win without that reputation. It does not surprise me that S.W.R. parents run to the defense of Mt. Sinai, Birds of a feather as they say. If you mean Loud Al prepares his kids by telling them to bend the rules until your caught than I agree. there is a slim line between aggressive play and cheating as policy, and Loud Al doesn't just cross it he tries to erase it. But like I said before, his dirty tricks bit him n the but this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why many of them YJ get verbal commits in 9th Grade, LOSER! [/quote]Lots of girls from lots of clubs commit in 9th grade, not just "them YJ" Calling someone a "LOSER" shows that you have little or no defense in this argument. Here is the big question, how many of "them" 9th grade commits will have already peaked in 9th grade and will not make an impact, or even see the field in college? How many will be surpassed by players that matured a year or 2 later? Only time will tell seeing as the 9th grade commit is a new phenomena

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset , Garden City and St. Anthony's win without that reputation. It does not surprise me that S.W.R. parents run to the defense of Mt. Sinai, Birds of a feather as they say. If you mean Loud Al prepares his kids by telling them to bend the rules until your caught than I agree. there is a slim line between aggressive play and cheating as policy, and Loud Al doesn't just cross it he tries to erase it. But like I said before, his dirty tricks bit him n the but this time.

Seems like a personal vendetta between this poster and the coach. Have some guts and talk to him. Face to face. Doubt you will though. BTW, St Anthonys is a political [lacrosse] show with a$$ kissing parents running the show. Yeah that's a great place to be. Lol. That a$$ kissing extends to travel as well. Just go to the UA try outs. It's comical.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Players are going to play however they want to try an be successful. everyone does its part of life. theyre going to do what ever they want so why are you still picking on the best players on long island. theyre way...

So basically as long as you don't get caught it's all okay. The ends justify the means.

This is shameless if that's your position.

The Sinai girls have tons of talent and don't need to resort to illegal tactics to win, yet they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players are going to play however they want to try an be successful. everyone does its part of life. theyre going to do what ever they want so why are you still picking on the best players on long island. theyre way...

So basically as long as you don't get caught it's all okay. The ends justify the means.

This is shameless if that's your position.

The Sinai girls have tons of talent and don't need to resort to illegal tactics to win, yet they do.

They did and lost!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a personal vendetta between this poster and the coach. Have some guts and talk to him. Face to face. Doubt you will though. BTW, St Anthonys is a political [lacrosse] show with a$$ kissing parents running the show. Yeah that's a great place to be. Lol. That a$$ kissing extends to travel as well. Just go to the UA try outs. It's comical. [/quote] Wow, where do I start with this one? I have no personal vendetta with Loud AL, as a matter of fact my daughter does not even play in the same division as Mt. Sinai. She does not play for the Y.J. and never has, has not tried out for the Y.J. since 2009, where she made a team but chose another because the Y.J. are "not her style" ( her words not mine ). You do not know me and do not know what I would say or do to any person if I felt I was justified. Loud Al has no bearing on me or my family so I do not say anything because it is not my business, but with that being said, I do have an opinion on the subject, and have on many occasions had the displeasure of seeing this "Coach" in action on both the high school , and tournament circuit. Let me state unequivocally that Al Bartalone is an embarrassment to Long Island girls lacrosse with both his tactics and demeanor. As a poster recently said Mt. Sinai has enough talent to be good without his sneaky underhanded tactics.

Secondly , If anybody seems to have a vendetta against a coach or team it is obviously you. What is your concern with St. Anthony's? Could you not buy your daughters way onto that team as easily as you did the Y.J. , or did she just not have the talent you thought she did? And for the record I never said St Anthony's was a "Great place to be" . Through your anger with St Anthony's you obviously read something into my post that I did not mean

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear
Mt Sinai winning streak was impressive. But how does it compare to McDonogh's
111-0 record? Not even in the same discussion.

McDonogh is a private school that recruits and gives scholarships to play. Can't compare to public schools. This is an old conversation.

Not comparing a public school to a private school. Public schools play public schools and private schools play private schools. So McDonogh plays other schools that recruit, give scholarships etc. McDonogh did not beat up public schools during their streak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow....lots of chatter about Mt Sinai. Who do they play next?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH won on OT just now. As a spectator I have to say to the official who showed his friend DK daughter favoritism. Shame on you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the crying begin. Ball don't lie. Cold Spring Harbor won. LIC champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is a great man. He is by far not the reason that the girls play overly aggressive and or cheat. I blame their parents. I have sat on the sidelines at YJ games and listened to these parents direct their children to do it not to do what the coach says. My daughter has played for Al and he teaches them nothing but to respect and love the game. It is not his philosophy to lie, cheat or beat up on anyone he is only a puppet in a program full of puppet masters. I'm sure the parents at Mt Sinai are probably blaming him for the loss why blame their precious little girls for being out played!!!
Mt. Sinai has by far the worst set of parents and it roles down to their kids. You can not blame a GREAT man like Al for his parents. The worst experience my daughter had with YJ over the years was dealing with the ego parents and players from that town. As funny as it may sound at the Suffolk county championship game there were more people rooting for BPBP just to see the Mt Sinai parents blow a tantrum and cry at the end of the game. I feel sorry for Al they will want him fired blaming him for a loss that was due the the coaching from the parents in the stands...tough break that a great coach works in a [lacrosse] show of a district would have loved for my daughter to be coached by such a great man!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations Cold Spring Harbor!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH won on OT just now. As a spectator I have to say to the official who showed his friend DK daughter favoritism. Shame on you!

I am a CSH fan and I concur, he should have made it less obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try Sayville. You played well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? Great game by csh

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just saw a News12 recap. CSH scores and knocks BBP's goalie down. No call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a quick note. That was one of the most horrendously officiated games I have ever seen. After the last 3 min half, the Cold Spring fans didn't even know if they should cheer. Being a Bayport parent and having multiple CSH parents say it was a terrible mess and that the Nassau official in question is known for his terrible calls. They see him do it all the time. I am not saying either team would have been on top if he had not been so bad but at least both sides would be in understanding of their control of W/L position at the end.
It is a sad mess that this official with a terrible reputation would even be allowed to officiate any Championship Game. There needs to be a way to prevent him continuing to put his mark on the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw a News12 recap. CSH scores and knocks BBP's goalie down. No call.

Yep. Two great teams played, but the video clearly shows the game was not called fairly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt. Sinai has by far the worst set of parents and it roles down to their kids. You can not blame a GREAT man like Al for his parents. The worst experience my daughter had with YJ over the years was dealing with the ego parents and players from that town. As funny as it may sound at the Suffolk county championship game there were more people rooting for BPBP just to see the Mt Sinai parents blow a tantrum and cry at the end of the game. I feel sorry for Al they will want him fired blaming him for a loss that was due the the coaching from the parents in the stands...tough break that a great coach works in a [lacrosse] show of a district would have loved for my daughter to be coached by such a great man!!!
It's not just lacrosse.....deplorable fan behavior across the board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a quick note. That was one of the most horrendously officiated games I have ever seen. After the last 3 min half, the Cold Spring fans didn't even know if they should cheer. Being a Bayport parent and having multiple CSH parents say it was a terrible mess and that the Nassau official in question is known for his terrible calls. They see him do it all the time. I am not saying either team would have been on top if he had not been so bad but at least both sides would be in understanding of their control of W/L position at the end.
It is a sad mess that this official with a terrible reputation would even be allowed to officiate any Championship Game. There needs to be a way to prevent him continuing to put his mark on the game.

Who is it?

Page 31 of 83 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard