BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 83 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's you who needs the reality check , no offense but inner city kids are not playing this sport and probably never will, the sport is expensive and you need field space are the 2 main reasons.i love you lacrosse experts that come on here and know more than these college lacrosse coaches who have been doing it forever ,
The Northwestern coach you use as an example is one of the earliest recruiters out there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suffolk/Nassau teams a little weak this year, except for Manhasset, Mt Sianai who will be favorites upstate.

West Islip, Hauppauge, ESM, Sayville, Farmingdale, dont have the level of talent they had in the past. Will be tough for any of these teams to win upstate.

correction.... I meant that these teams are not as strong as teams from Long Island that went upstate the last couple years..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's you who needs the reality check , no offense but inner city kids are not playing this sport and probably never will, the sport is expensive and you need field space are the 2 main reasons.i love you lacrosse experts that come on here and know more than these college lacrosse coaches who have been doing it forever ,
The Northwestern coach you use as an example is one of the earliest recruiters out there.

WRONG..... Nyc has a team, not too good yet, but have a team of wealthy girls. Staten Island has a couple teams also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WRONG..... Nyc has a team, not too good yet, but have a team of wealthy girls. Staten Island has a couple teams also.

Hey clueless joe , wow NYC has one whole team, and Statem Island also. That's it kids on Long Island put your sticks away no way to compete w that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you should use KAH as your example because she is also one of the first coaches to put an effort to mine and develops inner city kids, which contradicts your post.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am writing about a post that implies any girl can pick up a stick and play while in HS.

As you note, there was a player on the field Friday evening which was fortunate to play Lax at a high level (@ a LI HS and College NW) who had not played much in her youth/HS years.

As this is possible, it is far and in-between. Those players are the ones that are just as fortunate in other sports as well. Those are the ones that the Lax coaches had wanted to play all those years. You know that travel Soccer/Volleyball Basketball player that plays Softball in the spring.

The player example you site is/was an exceptional athlete and was one of the kids that could pick up anything and succeed. Please make sure you footnote this before you give every crazy parent a cutout to give their child.

An average/good athlete is at a distinct disadvantage if they had not played lacrosse (or any sport) prior to HS. In many cases that is the difference of the D1 and DIII. Call it Lax iQ call it what ever.

I want each child to strive to be the best, I want each child to know if they work hard good things happen, but I also want the players to know there are those who have been borne with talent and there is nothing you can say or do that will help you compare anything to those players.

Like in Hoops, not everyone can be like Mike (or Lebron Kobie).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am writing about a post that implies any girl can pick up a stick and play while in HS.

As you note, there was a player on the field Friday evening which was fortunate to play Lax at a high level (@ a LI HS and College NW) who had not played much in her youth/HS years.

As this is possible, it is far and in-between. Those players are the ones that are just as fortunate in other sports as well. Those are the ones that the Lax coaches had wanted to play all those years. You know that travel Soccer/Volleyball Basketball player that plays Softball in the spring.

The player example you site is/was an exceptional athlete and was one of the kids that could pick up anything and succeed. Please make sure you footnote this before you give every crazy parent a cutout to give their child.

An average/good athlete is at a distinct disadvantage if they had not played lacrosse (or any sport) prior to HS. In many cases that is the difference of the D1 and DIII. Call it Lax iQ call it what ever.

I want each child to strive to be the best, I want each child to know if they work hard good things happen, but I also want the players to know there are those who have been borne with talent and there is nothing you can say or do that will help you compare anything to those players.

Sorry, you lost me at "far and in-between."

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Sorry, you lost me at "far and in-between."

Translation: the poster is saying that while the situation is possble, it is not likely.

I heard a parent of a D1 much-touted lacrosse player tell me the same thing this year. I didn't really buy it and actually found it insulting given the context in which it was said. I should add his child was a standout, three-sport athlete who also played club lacrosse from middle school on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sofa king we Todd did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny, but it sounds as if everyone agrees with the original poster.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the kids play and be kids. The best kid on our team struggles with friends and is always on a field like its a job. She will get the nice package to a good school but then what? Parents are nuts. As crazy as it sounds I would rather pay more for school and have my kid be happier and better adjusted. My hopes for her is to be more than a HS coach and a topgun/jacket summer coach. It doesn't always have to be northwestern

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this needs some serious editing to make any sense at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the kids play and be kids. The best kid on our team struggles with friends and is always on a field like its a job. She will get the nice package to a good school but then what? Parents are nuts. As crazy as it sounds I would rather pay more for school and have my kid be happier and better adjusted. My hopes for her is to be more than a HS coach and a topgun/jacket summer coach. It doesn't always have to be northwestern

On the child's happiness I agree, but what if she wants to Teach and be a High School Coach is that not go enough for you,
or does she have to be a Corporate want to be YJ Coach. It doesn't always have to be CR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthonys over SHA in CHSAA finals 8-7. Great year in the Catholic league for all. Much more even than in years past.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Watched all the Nassau games today. Congrats to Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor and Farmingdale. We'll see who they play next by this time tomorrow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthonys over SHA in CHSAA finals 8-7. Great year in the Catholic league for all. Much more even than in years past.

Agree it was a great game - a shame they assigned a ref who could barely get up and down the field to a championship game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Watched all the Nassau games today. Congrats to Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor and Farmingdale. We'll see who they play next by this time tomorrow!

Watched all 3 games as well.

Manhasset is really good and really fast. They have to be a favorite for states.

Cold Spring Harbor almost gave it away to Oyster Bay. Finally got over the hump.

Farmingdale did a nice job against the backer zone. TW is tough on those kids. Syosset has a lot of young players coming up.

Good luck to all 3 teams in the LI Championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today Suffolk Championships

Mt sinai rolls over SWR , a practice for Mt. Sinai

Sayville even with ESM , Sayville better Defense and goalie, ESM better offense.

Hauppauge over West Islip , Hauuppauge too big and fast for West Islip. West Islip is lucky they are there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville even with ESM , Sayville better Defense and goalie, ESM better offense.

Hauppauge over West Islip , Hauuppauge too big and fast for West Islip. West Islip is lucky they are there.

Mount Sinai lost by 2 to Bayport Bluepoint. Nothing better than seeing Pirecca punch the turf after the game. So angry!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny. SWR not even in the game. Bayport wins over mt Sinai. Any team can win in playoffs... Let's all stop acting like the results are set in stone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport 11 Mt Sinai 9 Final!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SWR? Isn't it BBP? Don't think it's going to be a practice for Mt. Sinai.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BBP over Mt. Sinai. 11-9.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mount Sinai lost by 2 to Bayport Bluepoint. Nothing better than seeing Pirecca punch the turf after the game. So angry!

Really? Are u that much of a loser that you get your jollies seeing a great hardworking kid upset! What a [lacrosse]!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville 5-3 over esm

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
BBP over Mt. Sinai. 11-9.

Whoever posted "you have to play the games" had it 100% correct. Congratulations to BBP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville 5-3 over esm

Is that a final?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Are u that much of a loser that you get your jollies seeing a great hardworking kid upset! What a [lacrosse]!

Reputation is everything.

T
toedrag
Unregistered
toedrag
Unregistered
T
Congrats to BBP! This loss will be good for Sinai. They appeared to have forgotten that it was possible for them to actually lose a game, and lose gracefully at that. Sad to see a top team unravel emotionally and lash out amongst themselves and against their opponents. Biggest upset of the year in my opinion. Any given Sunday folks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
WI over Hauppauge. Who posted their predictions and got every one wrong???

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
WI over Hauppauge. Who posted their predictions and got every one wrong???

His name is "anonymous". Very popular on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reputation is everything.

You are still a [lacrosse]!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey BBP. Act like you have won before you classless losers..... Oh wait, you never have. Around the county it's known your nasty foul mouthed players whose parents need a smack and some time in the corner. Be proud bums.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hey BBP. Act like you have won before you classless losers..... Oh wait, you never have. Around the county it's known your nasty foul mouthed players whose parents need a smack and some time in the corner. Be proud bums.

Mount Sinai, is that you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really this much of a [lacrosse] , so your team got lucky , everyone knows it. What a bunch of white trash loser fans BBP has .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classless? Hello Pot? This is the Kettle......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from Sinai or BBP, but saw the game while actually waiting for next game. I saw a nasty side of mt. Sinai crowd. Was more in that section I guess. As far as the reaction, you would have been just as happy to win. The reaction to the loss was more troubling, first evident in the latter part of the game when the girls got physically out of hand, wild swings etc.... Then the girls were not emotionally prepared for a tough game much less a loss, I guess the parents were prepared either. A lot of anger, foul language and tears. Never saw so many girls breakdown like that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville 5-3 over esm

Is that a final?

Yes it is final , Sayville goalie awesome, news12 had highlights of there goalie, Molly the goalie..... MVP

Sorry ESM , was your turn last year. Sayville turn this year...

GO Sayville, Good Luck Sunday vs Nassau

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mt sinai parent, this thread is going to be lit up with Mt Sinai people the next couple of days. there is no crying in lacrosse...

Page 29 of 83 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard