BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 83 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Huntington beats ESM today in OT. Huntington goalie outstanding like 20 saves or something. What a performance, best goalie I ever seen.
I would not say best goalie but she played good. ESM injuries really affecting their defense. Definitely weak spots on D now but their goalie is great!! I still see an ESM vs Huntington County Game let's hope ESM can put four solid defenders on field instead of 2 otherwise Huntington may take it again!!!
both teams played GREAT but if either coach thinks they can win a state championship without substituting at the midfield they are crazy!!! The midfield from both ends were barely functioning by game end!!! Manhasset subs every few minutes at the midfield position fresh legs means more stamina

I have noticed that many LI high school teams do not sub out midfielders. Not sure why--lack of confidence in the talent? This is not just top tier teams but mid-level teams as well. These middies are in for a shock at the next level.

No shock at all, all of the top D1 schools play full time mids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington beats ESM today in OT. Huntington goalie outstanding like 20 saves or something. What a performance, best goalie I ever seen.
I would not say best goalie but she played good. ESM injuries really affecting their defense. Definitely weak spots on D now but their goalie is great!! I still see an ESM vs Huntington County Game let's hope ESM can put four solid defenders on field instead of 2 otherwise Huntington may take it again!!!
both teams played GREAT but if either coach thinks they can win a state championship without substituting at the midfield they are crazy!!! The midfield from both ends were barely functioning by game end!!! Manhasset subs every few minutes at the midfield position fresh legs means more stamina

I have noticed that many LI high school teams do not sub out midfielders. Not sure why--lack of confidence in the talent? This is not just top tier teams but mid-level teams as well. These middies are in for a shock at the next level.

Not exactly true a lot of top teams run 4 middies giving some a break once in a while. at the high school level most teams are not very deep and their middies are their better players, more often than not a tired top line midfield is better than their fresh back ups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can Mt Sinai be 17-0 and still playing?
See below article from 2011.

Girls lacrosse coaches Tim Harrison of Babylon and Gary Jensen of Sayville have been suspended by Section 11 for the remainder of the season for scheduling too many games this season, Newsday reported. They're prohibited from all coaching activities and must also not attend games as spectators.

The violation would normally strip the teams of eligibility for the sectional playoffs next month, but the appeals committee ruled they will be able to participate if they qualify, Section 11 Executive Director Ed Cinelli told the paper.

Section 11 dropped the maximum number of regular-season games per team from 17 to 16 beginning last season. Both schools have already played three non-leaguers this spring despite the fact they have 14 league contests scheduled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington--17 saves ESM--13 saves Per MSG varsity.
ESM 77 goals scored on them for season Huntington 111 REALLY PAL whose the better goalie!!!!

Easy Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Vgraz34
as the section xi website both boys and girls have 13 teams making it. top 3 teams get a bye.

Thank you for your contribution. That horse is already dead.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can Mt Sinai be 17-0 and still playing?
See below article from 2011.

Girls lacrosse coaches Tim Harrison of Babylon and Gary Jensen of Sayville have been suspended by Section 11 for the remainder of the season for scheduling too many games this season, Newsday reported. They're prohibited from all coaching activities and must also not attend games as spectators.

The violation would normally strip the teams of eligibility for the sectional playoffs next month, but the appeals committee ruled they will be able to participate if they qualify, Section 11 Executive Director Ed Cinelli told the paper.

Section 11 dropped the maximum number of regular-season games per team from 17 to 16 beginning last season. Both schools have already played three non-leaguers this spring despite the fact they have 14 league contests scheduled.

Mt. Sinai is 16-0 and have completed their regular season. Just check Section XI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well its simple , Huntington goalie is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly true a lot of top teams run 4 middies giving some a break once in a while. at the high school level most teams are not very deep and their middies are their better players, more often than not a tired top line midfield is better than their fresh back ups.

Our middies play the whole game, so they're jogging, leaning on sticks and being outrun for the last 8-10 mins. There might be a small drop off in skill when going to a few of the backups, but not nearly that drastic, that it pays to have the starters lumbering around. Glad my daughter plays attack because there are good middies buried on that bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off I have no family member or friend in this discussion(LOL) but you cannot take 1 game and the amount of saves in judging the better goalie. How about quality of shots taken, distance, accuracy, location of shot. Clearing passes, how are they. I have never seen either young lady play however both are going to play in the future at quality schools. Anyone willing to stand in front of the shot deserves praise not silly statements from parents who have no idea.Must of been a great game to see if there is a rematch I might have to try and make it. A GOALIE PARENT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not from either school but this is not that simple.

They played against many different teams. and you cannot say in a particular game one was better because on team's offense may be markedly better than the others. Or one team's defense could be significantly weaker.

Although I am surprised ESM is ranked higher. they lost to Huntington and it seems as if Hunington in my opinion played a tougher schedule. But the power rankings say otherwise. But after all it is Div II.

Just say they are both good goalie and end it at that

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Move on to something else please!! No one cares. When Huntingtons goalie has the accolades that the ESM goalie has we will entertain you!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM 77 goals scored on them for season Huntington 111 REALLY PAL whose the better goalie!!!!

Easy Dad!

# of saves means nothing out of context. How many shots did she face to get 111 saves? What is the save percentage? Best indicators for any and all lacrosse players is the old " eye test" what do they look like playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Section xi does not have the Class B Brackets up yet but they did update the standings and points so based on that here are the playoff matchups

ESM 1 seed and will play the winner of Islip (4) vs Westhampton (5)

Huntington (2) vs Rocky Point (7)

Sayville (3) vs Miller Place (6)

In the regular season, Huntington beat Rocky point by 3 and
Sayville beat Miller Place by 1
Islip and Westhampton did not play

Prediction:
Islip will beat Westhampton
Rocky Point over Huntington
Miller Place over Sayville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this article from 2011 have any bearing on the 2014 season? just wondering

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this article from 2011 have any bearing on the 2014 season? just wondering

Really? Ok I'll explain it to you. If the rule states only 16 games max can be played and Mt Sinai has played 17 why aren't they allowed to participate in playoffs? Why are the coaches not suspended as happened in 2011? Read the article and see how it clearly relates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Section xi does not have the Class B Brackets up yet but they did update the standings and points so based on that here are the playoff matchups

ESM 1 seed and will play the winner of Islip (4) vs Westhampton (5)

Huntington (2) vs Rocky Point (7)

Sayville (3) vs Miller Place (6)

In the regular season, Huntington beat Rocky point by 3 and
Sayville beat Miller Place by 1
Islip and Westhampton did not play

Prediction:
Islip will beat Westhampton
Rocky Point over Huntington
Miller Place over Sayville

Agree with Islip and Miller Place in close games; Huntington will beat Rocky Point by 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big day today for seedings in D1.

west bab beats east islip, wb moves up to #4, ei out
bayshore beats ward melville, bs moves up to #7, wm down to #9
Northport beats Sachem East, northport stays #2, se down to #8
West islip beats Mid country, wi stays #1, Mc stays #4.

This is what it comes down to::: We will see how good i am?

West Islip bye
Northport bye
Hauppauge bye
Middle Country bye

West Babylon
Smithtown West
Bayshore
Sachem East
Ward Melville
Smithtown East
Sachem North
Longwood

EI beat WB 13-11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I find information on a high school girls summer league? Prefer Nassau please, thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Ok I'll explain it to you. If the rule states only 16 games max can be played and Mt Sinai has played 17 why aren't they allowed to participate in playoffs? Why are the coaches not suspended as happened in 2011? Read the article and see how it clearly relates.

Lighten up Francis!! Mt. Sinai only played 16 games. as an earlier post indicates. Newsday has the New Canaan game listed twice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a typo on Newsday.com, they have a game listed twice, MT Sinai has only played (and won) 16 games

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
as the section xi website both boys and girls have 13 teams making it. top 3 teams get a bye.

Boys bracket up with 13 teams in the bracket. No girls bracket yet but the empty bracket is now 12 teams.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not making a statement about the talent of either goalie. The original post noted Huntington goalie had "like 20 saves or something". Just pointing out the actual save count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better teams in these games are Sayville, WHB and Huntington. Agree 2 of 3 games will be close. Safest bet is Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your pretty good. All predictions came true except Sachem East had both field hockey sisters healthy and they knocked off Northport 11-9. Former Sachem East goalie in the net for Northport made zero saves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not making a statement about the talent of either goalie. The original post noted Huntington goalie had "like 20 saves or something". Just pointing out the actual save count.

WAY TO GO GOALIE DAD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boys bracket up with 13 teams in the bracket. No girls bracket yet but the empty bracket is now 12 teams.

Dah 12 teams get in, top 4 get bye. """come on man"""

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a mess in D1

Sach E beats Northport upset
EI beats WB upset
WI beats MC badly

W Islip bye
Hauppauge bye
Northport bye
Mid C bye

Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

Sach E, Bayshore, w bab, w melv could change....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your pretty good. All predictions came true except Sachem East had both field hockey sisters healthy and they knocked off Northport 11-9. Former Sachem East goalie in the net for Northport made zero saves.

He was 50% don't forget east islip beat west bab. Nobody saw that coming. So 2/4 in predictions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM still has one of the best defenses on the island , there not lacking spots , only letting up 11 goals as the most in a game in the last two years ? That's amazing , they need to look past this lost and get stronger from it , I believe they will be a three time county champ

That is no longer true....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM - Huntington
put these 2 teams together and they wont beat Manhaset.

Esm missing their best player...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a mess in D1

EI beats WB upset
WI beats MC badly

W Islip bye
Hauppauge bye
Northport bye
Mid C bye

Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

Even west islip would tell you that refs did such a [lacrosse]-poor job of officiating that MC got screwed a lot. Probably caused them an extra 3-4 goals. Taking nothing away from WI They are very good but refs definitely factored in an advantage tonight. Non-calls especially. Not an excuse - just be fair refs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the playoffs about to start it looks like 14 teams may make section 11 D1 playoffs. A couple of years back they changed the rule that all .500 teams made the playoffs . If that is still the case 14 are in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it does not relate at all Einstein , Mt. Sinai has played 16 games so they will be playing list season lacrosse , nothing you can do about it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a mess in D1

EI beats WB upset
WI beats MC badly

W Islip bye
Hauppauge bye
Northport bye
Mid C bye

Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

When was the last time Northport had this many losses? That's what happens when you try to develop certain superstars rather than developing a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the playoffs about to start it looks like 14 teams may make section 11 D1 playoffs. A couple of years back they changed the rule that all .500 teams made the playoffs . If that is still the case 14 are in.

Not in girls lax, do your research before making a comment like this. You made a stupid comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even west islip would tell you that refs did such a [lacrosse]-poor job of officiating that MC got screwed a lot. Probably caused them an extra 3-4 goals. Taking nothing away from WI They are very good but refs definitely factored in an advantage tonight. Non-calls especially. Not an excuse - just be fair refs!

I guess MC lost. lol , In girls lax every losing team blames the refs for the loss. This has been going on for ever in this sport. Man up and except the fact that your team got schooled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a mess in D1

EI beats WB upset
WI beats MC badly

W Islip bye
Hauppauge bye
Northport bye
Mid C bye

Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

Its funny how parents blame refs for losses in girls lax. Thats because 90% of parents do not know the rules for girls lax. If parents read the rule book they might get a better understanding of the game. Parents dont feel bad, Many coaches don't know the rules either. The rules in girls lax are very difficult for you to grasp, its not like any other sport. Its not black and white.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FINAL STANDINGS
DIV I

West Islip 14-0-0 16-0-0 187.140
Hauppauge 11-3-0 12-3-0 150.710
Northport 10-4-0 10-6-0 150.000
Middle Country 10-4-0 11-5-0 144.990

Sachem East 9-5-0 10-5-0 139.280
Bay Shore 9-5-0 9-5-0 137.140
Smithtown West 10-4-0 11-5-0 135.900
West Babylon 8-6-0 10-6-0 128.570
Ward Melville 8-6-0 9-6-0 127.140
Smithtown East 9-5-0 11-5-0 124.480
Sachem North 9-5-0 9-7-0 115.190
Longwood 9-5-0 10-6-0 113.050

Heres how it happened
Northport drops to 3 with loss to Sachm E
Sachem E moves up to 5 with win
Smith W drops to 7 for doing nothing
Bayshore moves up to 6 for beating Ward Melville
West Babylon drops to 8 loss to East Islip
Ward Melville drops a spot with loss to Bayshore

Longwood at Sachem E
Sachem N at Bay shore
Smith East at Smith West
Ward Melville at West Babylon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not in girls lax, do your research before making a comment like this. You made a stupid comment.

Not a stupid comment just misinformed. When the league was just starting in Suffolk County until about 2000-2002, yes teams that were .500 automatically made it. I played lax from 96-2000 and there were only 16 teams competing in Suffolk County. So the teams that were .500 and above wound up being the top half of the bracket for the most part. Now with this many teams in divisions, not everyone plays each other, so a .500 record would not be fair as strengths of schedule are all different.

Page 22 of 83 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard