BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 70 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses, excuses. You guys are precious. You think LI and Maryland players are better because more early commits are coming from these two areas? I am from Maryland and I can assure you there are dozens of CA players as good or better than the players here who are committed, including the few already from our team.

All that tells me is the NCAA coaches are still recruiting in a local or regional myopia. I can see that because LI and MD are familiar to them, and they know the type of players they are getting from the established hotbeds. But any NCAA coach who snoozes will lose. There are a lot of terrific players in CA, CO, Texas and Florida. Boys Latin played a very competitive game against a Florida prep school a couple days ago. That never would have happened only 2 years ago.

Give the growth of the game some credit. A kid is not a better lacrosse player because he is in the 516, 917, 301 or 410 area codes. Suspend your vanities and give those guys at SI some credit for stepping off a plane and taking you to the buzzer. All this crap about your excuses that the kids were off on Spring Break the week before and went to Disney, etc. are baloney. Saying it was SI's Super Bowl is baloney too. They laced them up and gave Chaminade all they could take and then some.

You LI guys are all easy to find at the Summer Tournaments. Always excuses when you lose. And you do lose.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our kids were on vacation, their kids are older, they play year round, our best attackman had the flu...blah, blah, blah...they players on LI are good, it is the fathers that the college coaches have to worry about. My son participated in the Villanova Prospect day this past January. The experience was pleasant. All the parents were in the press box, you could hear a pin drop. No complaining, no excuses.....until one LI father didn't like the effort his son was putting forth nd ran out o the press box to "correct" his son. I am sure the kid was embarrassed and I know the coaches didn't find it amusing. Pipe down and let the boys play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
. There are a lot of terrific players in CA, CO, Texas and Florida. Boys Latin played a very competitive game against a Florida prep school a couple days ago. That never would have happened only 2 years ago.

Give the growth of the game some credit.

And while we are giving credit; why don't YOU give credit where it is due? Just where do you think all of the coaches come from who are now producing those terrific players in CA,CO,TX.FLA?

Did you get the answer yet?? Do your homework and then pay homage to the Mecca of LAX. None of those places would have LAX without those transplants.

Ingrate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses, excuses. You guys are precious. You think LI and Maryland players are better because more early commits are coming from these two areas? I am from Maryland and I can assure you there are dozens of CA players as good or better than the players here who are committed, including the few already from our team.

All that tells me is the NCAA coaches are still recruiting in a local or regional myopia. I can see that because LI and MD are familiar to them, and they know the type of players they are getting from the established hotbeds. But any NCAA coach who snoozes will lose. There are a lot of terrific players in CA, CO, Texas and Florida. Boys Latin played a very competitive game against a Florida prep school a couple days ago. That never would have happened only 2 years ago.

Give the growth of the game some credit. A kid is not a better lacrosse player because he is in the 516, 917, 301 or 410 area codes. Suspend your vanities and give those guys at SI some credit for stepping off a plane and taking you to the buzzer. All this crap about your excuses that the kids were off on Spring Break the week before and went to Disney, etc. are baloney. Saying it was SI's Super Bowl is baloney too. They laced them up and gave Chaminade all they could take and then some.

You LI guys are all easy to find at the Summer Tournaments. Always excuses when you lose. And you do lose.

Easy to spot you MD folks also, your the ones that your kids drive you to the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, a big reason why lacrosse has come so far so fast is coaches who are from the Atlantic hotbeds have gone out to grow the game. And they are obviously doing a great job and the programs out West are much richer to have them. Again, for lacrosse to be a real sport -- and get the memo, it is not one yet -- this needs to keep happening. Right now there are about as many who play lacrosse as volleyball. I am sure those who care about volleyball are really into it, but the rest of us could not care less. Let's face it...lacrosse is awesome to us, but we are an ESPNU sport. Like women's water polo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, a big reason why lacrosse has come so far so fast is coaches who are from the Atlantic hotbeds have gone out to grow the game. And they are obviously doing a great job and the programs out West are much richer to have them. Again, for lacrosse to be a real sport -- and get the memo, it is not one yet -- this needs to keep happening. Right now there are about as many who play lacrosse as volleyball. I am sure those who care about volleyball are really into it, but the rest of us could not care less. Let's face it...lacrosse is awesome to us, but we are an ESPNU sport. Like women's water polo.

Haha, so true! Maybe LI should stop pounding their chest and be glad about the spreading of lax throughout the country. I think some parents are threatened that kids outside the hotbeds will be snatching up scholarships from their sons. The truth is that as the sport grows, there will be more scholarships available, as more schools add the program. Maybe we will even make it to a real TV channel!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, so true! Maybe LI should stop pounding their chest and be glad about the spreading of lax throughout the country. I think some parents are threatened that kids outside the hotbeds will be snatching up scholarships from their sons. The truth is that as the sport grows, there will be more scholarships available, as more schools add the program. Maybe we will even make it to a real TV channel!

Long Island welcomes the new competition. The problem we have is our teams play straight up age and grade appropriate. Always have and always will. The new kids on the block keep bending the rules to have an equal footing. Just can't play fair.

Lets make a deal. Bring your birth certificates to each and every game and tourney and let's see which teams can't take the field secondary to having to play without their cheaters. Fair enough??. Better yet; demand that your teams do so. Take a stand and do the right thing. Lets see if there is even one virtuous bone amongst the herd of cheaters who say Long Island complains. Play our teams straight up or don't play at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a deal is in the works to put more games on ESPN 8. "the Ocho"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy to spot you MD folks also, your the ones that your kids drive you to the tournaments. [/quote]

Ha! You got us there. Thanks, that is the best laugh I had on an otherwise miserable work day. That is a good one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets make a deal. Bring your birth certificates to each and every game and tourney and let's see which teams can't take the field secondary to having to play without their cheaters. Fair enough??. Better yet; demand that your teams do so. Take a stand and do the right thing. Lets see if there is even one virtuous bone amongst the herd of cheaters who say Long Island complains. Play our teams straight up or don't play at all. [/quote]

Actually, what you wrote is what youth soccer mandated. My daughter plays club down here in MD, and if you don't bring your card with your picture ID with birthdate on it, you can't play. So another sport mandated it. Lacrosse should too. Won't aid your complaint on holding back on school years, but maybe a different sanction would be appropriate. Like no kid can play HS lacrosse past his 19th birthday. In MD you have some kids who were 16 before Spring tryouts. Some of them would not be able to play as juniors or as seniors...and maybe that is fair. I agree it is pretty brazen to put a 16 year old out there in March of 9th grade against 14 year old natural freshman soon to turn 15. I rather doubt the sport of lacrosse is so organized and motivated to do anything about it unfortunately.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets make a deal. Bring your birth certificates to each and every game and tourney

Get a life and quit crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That only happens with Long Island Dad's??

Then I guess it must be true that college coaches remember to recruit on LI to find that tuff player who fights for ground balls :|

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets make a deal. Bring your birth certificates to each and every game and tourney

Said the dad of a MD/DC/VA cheater holdback reclassified player whose kid couldn't capitalize on the cheating game. (Don't worry; a 20 year old post grad is a very proud achievement!! )

Nope! No crying and am having a great life....especially since my long island 2017 is committed to the top 10 D1 lax school of his choice. Damn near whistling Dixie over here!! I oughtn't be in Maryland! Feel like I got away with some cheating.....but no; it was just good old strong island work ethic and balls to the wall play by an age appropriate player who is making his own way!!! No cheating needed here!

Take notes MD/DC/VA.....your post grad farm system will never surpass the lax DNA our boys have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like that the [lacrosse]'s ToC required birth certificates. Last summer a team was disqualified from another LI tourney for having older kids as well. I think it may take a few years, and probably instigated by a lawsuit due to injury, but I think we may start seeing more prominent tourneys require birth certificates. The age range may be a bit wider than a grade based tourney, but I don't think it would allow for a full year to two year age gap. I don't think it would be a bad thing. If teams want to compete with older kids on the team, they can just play up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said the dad of a MD/DC/VA cheater holdback reclassified player whose kid couldn't capitalize on the cheating game. (Don't worry; a 20 year old post grad is a very proud achievement!! )

You guys truly sound like 2-year olds. You should be embarrassed.

Nope! No crying and am having a great life....especially since my long island 2017 is committed to the top 10 D1 lax school of his choice. Damn near whistling Dixie over here!! I oughtn't be in Maryland! Feel like I got away with some cheating.....but no; it was just good old strong island work ethic and balls to the wall play by an age appropriate player who is making his own way!!! No cheating needed here!

Take notes MD/DC/VA.....your post grad farm system will never surpass the lax DNA our boys have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Learn how to use the quote function already. Any 2 year old can do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe its NY that is age inappropriate. Who says the "correct" age for any grade should be defined by self-absorbed 'we are the center of everything' New Yorkers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong on every account. My son is not reclassified, we don't live in MD/VA/DC, and his age is not illegal by NY definition or any other definition.

Just laughing at you LI guys and your bizarre obsession.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 3:45am? Who's the obsessed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong on every account. My son is not reclassified, we don't live in MD/VA/DC, and his age is not illegal by NY definition or any other definition.

You forgot to add "and not committed"....then the statement would be wrong on all accounts.
Prob should have added in PA; they are catching the PG drift also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to add "and not committed"....then the statement would be wrong on all accounts.

Nope, son is not committed and we don't live in PA, either. You guys provide great entertainment on a daily basis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, son is not committed and we don't live in PA, either. You guys provide great entertainment on a daily basis.

So which end then, of the bench, does your age appropriate non-ny/md/Dc/va/pa /committed son play on and in which state?(for grins and giggles).

We too, are entertained by the constant attempts to measure up to Long Island lax by upstarts who want to claim superiority.

Please do entertain us more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there was any doubt that lacrosse is a blue collar sport in Long Island, these posts eliminate any such doubt.

LOL. The inferiority complex you guys have is amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there was any doubt that lacrosse is a blue collar sport in Long Island, these posts eliminate any such doubt.

Such an elitist postion you have assumed. Pray tell; from what white collar profession might you be from? Are you here to undermine and belittle the blue collar work ethic that America has been built on and subsequently exploited by those who have presumed to be above such labors? Why use blue collar in a negative connotation other than to elevate yourself to self delusional heights? Is this then the mentality that you project upon your progeny?

Oh, the shame.

Why would you take such a stance? Has Long Island not been the stalwart bastion of the roots of lacrosse that your region lacks? Is your envy so deep such that you would resort to assigning a whole region to what you consider a lesser state of existence?

Your trend of labeling only serves to enlighten those who would even care to take a moments notice that you're most likey incline to be racist as well.

Bravo on revealing your true colors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the most successful people in this country's history started as "blue collar" workers. And even today some of the wealthiest people in this country are in businesses that started as "blue collar" . In my experience any individual that disparages another group is rarely an individual of means or success. But I am quite certain that your children will grow up to be the same weak minded, insecure individual tha t you have portrayed yourself to be on this blog. Well done!

As an aside, Nassau County has the thirteenth highest median income and Suffolk County has the twenty second highest median income in the United States according to the IRS published data for 2012. There are 3,144 counties in the United States - where do you live????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you so simple that you do not realize your OWN handicap? The prior contributor points out that some of the most....started as blue collar. Possibly "ending up" a blue collar working person may not sound so bad to some. I think that we could cite examples of happy / unhappy, rich / poor, etc. This debate has been officially wrung out (in my humble, working class opinion).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello, I hope to not become too involved, but some folks just keep different hours. I don't think that the portrait of a psychotic, sitting up while family sleeps, trembling and scratching until drawing blood, may apply to all who enjoy having the house to themselves on occasion. I guess that I'm just trying to show how easy it is to draw attention to your small-mind. Have a pleasant day (or evening, or early morning!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe its NY that is age inappropriate. Who says the "correct" age for any grade should be defined by self-absorbed 'we are the center of everything' New Yorkers?
Yes, that is it. Maybe you are correct. Yep. The right thing to do is to go to Kindergarten, then first, second, and third grade. Following this, we should all enter fourth grade, and having passed this, we do fifth, sixth, and seventh grade. After a wonderful summer, it would be smart to attend eighth grade. Upon completing the school year, our parents will sign us up at a private school to enter eighth grade again. You have shown us all how silly we are for realizing how ignorant New [lacrosse] people truly can be. Imagine, numeric progression being so confusing! Idiots!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the white collar parents that enroll their kids in every camp/clinic are just jealous and annoyed that the blue collar kids are getting many of the coveted scholarship s. Sorry that Money does not but innate talent. Try again! Not all of us need to pay to send our kids to st. Anthonys. They will excell because they are that good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such an elitist postion you have assumed. Pray tell; from what white collar profession might you be from? Are you here to undermine and belittle the blue collar work ethic that America has been built on and subsequently exploited by those who have presumed to be above such labors? Why use blue collar in a negative connotation other than to elevate yourself to self delusional heights? Is this then the mentality that you project upon your progeny?

Oh, the shame.

Why would you take such a stance? Has Long Island not been the stalwart bastion of the roots of lacrosse that your region lacks? Is your envy so deep such that you would resort to assigning a whole region to what you consider a lesser state of existence?

Your trend of labeling only serves to enlighten those who would even care to take a moments notice that you're most likey incline to be racist as well.

Bravo on revealing your true colors.

You take yourself way too seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone talk about lacrosse anymore??

... Is this a sociology board??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A discussion regarding lacrosse would be a nice change on this site. So sick of hearing daddy wannabes berating each other (and their kids) This is worse than the middle school lunch room. Such generalizations thrown at each other as form of entertainment. Blue collar, white collar, LI, MD...you all sound like a bunch of imbeciles. Lets back an intelligent lacrosse discussion, please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2017 boys have made an impact on their varsity teams.

With all of the early recruiting it would be nice to show that those college coaches know what they are talking about. How many 2017's have made a difference (if even a point) on their school teams.

Next week we should have a good population of the LI teams first few games. I hope we can celebrate some of these boys accomplishments.

I understand a big pool of 2017 talent may go to St A or Chami, and be missing from this list but this will also prove that if your a good player you don't need those two to play and get noticed.

Would be nice to get a Name - school - minutes - Goals - Asst - GB - saves its.

Not asking Sage to do it - maybe those who browse the site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A discussion regarding lacrosse would be a nice change on this site. So sick of hearing daddy wannabes berating each other (and their kids) This is worse than the middle school lunch room. Such generalizations thrown at each other as form of entertainment. Blue collar, white collar, LI, MD...you all sound like a bunch of imbeciles. Lets back an intelligent lacrosse discussion, please.

I've never seen it on this thread. This thread seemingly consists of parents arguing about which team is the best on LI, or about how every other team is a cheater because their kids must be reclassified kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2017 boys have made an impact on their varsity teams.

With all of the early recruiting it would be nice to show that those college coaches know what they are talking about. How many 2017's have made a difference (if even a point) on their school teams.

Next week we should have a good population of the LI teams first few games. I hope we can celebrate some of these boys accomplishments.

I understand a big pool of 2017 talent may go to St A or Chami, and be missing from this list but this will also prove that if your a good player you don't need those two to play and get noticed.

Would be nice to get a Name - school - minutes - Goals - Asst - GB - saves its.

Not asking Sage to do it - maybe those who browse the site.

How those Turtles adapting to the big pond?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a school is very bad at lacrosse and there is a standout player who wants to go somewhere for lacrosse but won't be recognized because he plays with bad people who make him look bad do you think he should transfer to a catholic school? Really would be helpful to answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a school is very bad at lacrosse and there is a standout player who wants to go somewhere for lacrosse but won't be recognized because he plays with bad people who make him look bad do you think he should transfer to a catholic school? Really would be helpful to answer.

Quite frankly have him play on the strongest travel team possible and attend college prospect camps if 2016 or older. Make sure grades are there first and foremost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to take a guess that you are the
"standout player" on a "bad team".

I would recommend you speak with your parents and coach if possible. Are you on a club team? If so ask your coach there as well thes question about transferring. Ask him if he thinks your skills are competitive enough to justify the cost of attending an expensive private school. The upside is that even if you don't playor start om the lacrosse team; you will have a greater chance to get into a great college if you keep a high GPA.

Many on this site would say that if you're a great player; some coach somewhere will find you and your HS coach should also be able to make a few contacts on your behalf. So continue to play your best no matter what. Most importantly; keep your grades as high as possible.

The two major Catholic schools are bursting at the seams with "stand out players"; many of whom wont really get a lot of field time.

You may transfer and fine out that your skills are equal to or less than or even greater than those who are already at the those schools.

Keep playing hard and keep studying even harder and ask your coaches and parent their opinions.

Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What district? Many of the "bad" districts have young commits, probably due to travel team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What district? Many of the "bad" districts have young commits, probably due to travel team

Bad players do not make good players look bad. Yes, it can be frustrating as my child experienced that exact situation. Bad players raise the game of the good player. (Bad, good are your terms). The good players persevere in every single game. It makes them a leader. A warrior. And a faithful teammate, one that doesn't bail in difficult situations. They become feisty and tenacious and a better player for it. And they never, never give up. My child ended up at a top D1 school Andes a leader in his conference on several levels. Also, It was his travel team that got him noticed, not his school. Summer playing on great team was essential.

Page 45 of 70 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard