BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts392,493
Members2,611
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 135 of 138 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 138
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So being a good coach does not include recruiting good players?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mary is working what? Getting girls to transfer from her competition?

Transferring is tough. League rules and all.

What rules. She had a player come in from Mcd. One that left and played right away. Kids leaving Iaam schools and going to GFS too. There are no rules ! Besides her draw girls aren’t league players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a transfer rule & it permits transfers from IAAM schools and other schools from June 1st to September 1st without penalty. You just can't transfer during the school year unless you meet one of the exceptions:

7. Transfer Students (Adopted May 2008, amended May 2011*) – Definition of a Transfer Student: A transfer student is one who changes enrollment from one school to another after high school matriculation.

Academic Year Transfer: A student-athlete may not represent two schools in athletics in the same academic year regardless of the competitive level she has participated. Therefore, any student transferring during the academic year is not eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics, at any level, during that academic year if she has participated in athletics at any level at her previous school. (“Participated” refers to physical entry into a bona fide school-sanctioned athletic contest.)

*The only exceptions to this transfer policy are (a) if a student were to change their primary residence; a change in primary residence means a move of more than 30 miles from their present residence (would include Out-of-State Boarding student) or (b) if a student’s present school eliminates the athletic program in which she is participating.

Open Enrollment Period: An Open Enrollment Period will be offered for member and non-member student-athletes. From June 1 through September 1, student athletes transferring from any member or non-member school, may transfer to and participate in interscholastic athletics, at any level, without penalty.

To qualify under this guideline, all appropriate paperwork must be completed and the enrollment contract deposit must be paid on or before September 1. The IAAM reserves the right to request copies of any enrollment contract.

The student-athlete must physically be attending classes on the first day of fall classes or by September 1, whichever is later. If the opening of the member school is after September 1, the required paperwork and deposit must be complete on or before the September 1st date.

Any student transferring from member to member school must have satisfied all financial obligations at the previous school before participating in any interscholastic athletics, games or practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mary is working it. Knows she can’t win with her current goalies ! Trying to get her club draw girls in too.

Bingo !!

Let it go. It's ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what we really want to find out is who is moving where, no one cares about these rules.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what we really want to find out is who is moving where, no one cares about these rules.

Correct. They have no enforcement. It’s open season and nothing will be done to her or gfs coach that’s poaching kids from member schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, and it is not like the rules are strictly enforced. LOL ..... A few of us know what is going on, rest of you will find out in next month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people that care are you and your daughter thinking you’re getting “recruited” to play at SPSG. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people that care are you and your daughter thinking you’re getting “recruited” to play at SPSG. Good luck

Sorry you didnt. Dont give up. Hope is always around the corner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash for those in the dark- the league is currently working on adding transfer rules sometime this year. Been on the league meeting agenda a few times now.

This is the exact environment and type of thing that led to strict transfer rules and enforcement on the boys side. Because at the end of the day, member schools get tired of losing kids over ... sports.

My guess is the IAAM rules will look similar to the MIAA so best transfer now, before it's too late.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, and it is not like the rules are strictly enforced. LOL ..... A few of us know what is going on, rest of you will find out in next month.

Most of the coaches abide by the rules and respect them and each other. You're correct thought... SPSG and GFS coaches do not. Their reputation precedes them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gfs recruiting M&D 27 red players to fill out her roster. Is her daughter coming ? Big red flag if she stays at the train weak at RPCS or jumps into the C2/ Jessy dumpster fire. Spsg transfers will be known soon. Look for a Severn goalie too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gfs recruiting M&D 27 red players to fill out her roster. Is her daughter coming ? Big red flag if she stays at the train weak at RPCS or jumps into the C2/ Jessy dumpster fire. Spsg transfers will be known soon. Look for a Severn goalie too.

Someone is in the know ! Lot of talk around town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the coaches abide by the rules and respect them and each other. You're correct thought... SPSG and GFS coaches do not. Their reputation precedes them.
What exactly are the rules? I don’t remember too many transfers on the girls side over the last few years and I assume that the few that did weren’t happy with the school and reached out to the coaches to initiate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell looking for new coach????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly are the rules? I don’t remember too many transfers on the girls side over the last few years and I assume that the few that did weren’t happy with the school and reached out to the coaches to initiate

The IAAM transfer rule is literally posted in this thread, on this page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to GFS with a couple players. Needs to take his talents back to A conference while C2 heads over to RPCS to coach her daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF SPSG is getting transfers, why hasn't this become public knowledge? Is there some magical date before this can be released?

Maryvale getting and already had tons of talent. I can't imagine some kids don't leave realizing there's a big depth chart log jam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF SPSG is getting transfers, why hasn't this become public knowledge? Is there some magical date before this can be released?

Maryvale getting and already had tons of talent. I can't imagine some kids don't leave realizing there's a big depth chart log jam.

3 Maryvale Jv kids leaving for Garrison. Jessy making in home visits and going thru their club coach. Not all kids look to transfer when they don’t start their freshman year either. Some with delusional parents will or some that get promises from other coaches will. Most work their way thru their 4 years. I don’t think you will see lots of transfers. Just lots of talk on an anonymous board !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JFC the reading comprehension on this thread is horrendous. Per the IAAM rule, the transfer window is 6/1 - 9/1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JFC the reading comprehension on this thread is horrendous. Per the IAAM rule, the transfer window is 6/1 - 9/1.

Yet I’ve already heard about 4-5 kids transferring so that 6/01 is irrelevant correct?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to GFS with a couple players. Needs to take his talents back to A conference while C2 heads over to RPCS to coach her daughter.

The C2/RPCS part is absolutely false.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The IAAM transfer rule is literally posted in this thread, on this page.
The transfer portal rule is on here but that is in regards to the student deciding to formally transfer (6/1-9/1)
As for the coaches and rules, they are not limited by any dates whatsoever, the only requirement is that the student and parents first initiate contact with the admissions dept of the school. Once that is done, the coaches are free to speak to both the students and parents. There is no blackout period for speaking with the athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relocating to Carroll County… I can look at records but tell me about Liberty, Manchester Valley, Century programs?

Is it also true you can go wherever you want regardless of where you live?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty simply overrated
Century up and down
Man Valley good lax but far out
Go private if you want best lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relocating to Carroll County… I can look at records but tell me about Liberty, Manchester Valley, Century programs?

Manchester Valley is the only closed school in the county due to being above the capacity threshold set by the county.
So if you want to go to Manchester Valley, you need to be in their school district.

All 3 schools have their pros and cons. From a lacrosse standpoint Manchester Valley has been the county class of the county for the last few years and has a ton of talent to keep that alive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can only go where you want if the school is not at capacity, which takes MV out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 Maryvale Jv kids leaving for Garrison. Jessy making in home visits and going thru their club coach. Not all kids look to transfer when they don’t start their freshman year either. Some with delusional parents will or some that get promises from other coaches will. Most work their way thru their 4 years. I don’t think you will see lots of transfers. Just lots of talk on an anonymous board !

The talk is right, I see you are trying to discourage transfers. Transfers are happening this summer ., Just cause you dont know, doesnt mean it is not happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not confirmed going to GFS. A few parents there would never allow it. he really needs to quit coaching and stop pulling the politics card with his daughter. She got a coaches nominated award over several far more talented players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move a few miles south to Howard County and you have Marriotts Ridge and Glenelg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move a few miles south to Howard County and you have Marriotts Ridge and Glenelg

And it cost twice as much… but I’m guessing I’ll be blasted for saying that on this pretentious forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was 0-27 in the A conference. Talent? Making sure his daughter, Gerstell and TLC girls make AA every year. That’s about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it cost twice as much… but I’m guessing I’ll be blasted for saying that on this pretentious forum.

Well you would deserve it. Cost is not an issue with most schools discussed here. We prefer it that way. There are other sports for the less fortunate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you would deserve it. Cost is not an issue with most schools discussed here. We prefer it that way. There are other sports for the less fortunate.

and this is why I am glad my kids go to public school- where people dont make comments like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and this is why I am glad my kids go to public school- where people dont make comments like that.
You took the troll’s bait. Blame yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was 0-27 in the A conference. Talent? Making sure his daughter, Gerstell and TLC girls make AA every year. That’s about it.
Yup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ditto

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Choosing a public school for their lacrosse program is wild.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And paying $30,000 for one is…?

When all 3 schools are good academically- why not look at the other aspects when choosing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Choosing a public school for their lacrosse program is wild.

Taking a wild guess here...this family is moving to Carroll County for a variety of reasons NOT including lacrosse and is looking at their options for schools. And private school isn't in their budget or prefer not to send their kids to private school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 135 of 138 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 138
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard