BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,831
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 258 of 265 1 2 256 257 258 259 260 264 265
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is on a team in the AAA division. He said a couple DCE players got moved up to the Elite team a few games back. I’m not sure if they had guys move down or what. His team was happy to see those players moved up because they carried the team apparently. Last year the rumor was FCA moved guys down to AAA from Elite during the season. I don’t think that is fair and I don’t understand how it’s allowed.

My kid is on the DCE Orange team and no one was moved.

well that settles that beyond a doubt!

I do not think HOCO would allow it either, because of locking in rosters at the beginning of the season.

HoCo would allow it and has allowed it on a very regular basis, "case by case basis." Kind of talking about two different things:

1) Mid season roster changes - this is a case-by-case process in the league and the league can say yay or nay, but usually they say OK. For instance, every year after Hoco rosters are set, Team 91 coaches tell their lower level players that they are "practice squad" and won't be playing in Hoco. For each of the last 3 years, at least one 91 player has joined another Hoco roster, with the league's approval, after the league play has started. Ultimately, the league wants kids to play.

2) Using unrostered players: If the league says no, or if the coach just has the brass ones to say "we'll play whoever we want" (aka certain True Maryland coaches....including one True coach last week...who still got beat while cheating), then you have a situation where nobody ever knows who their actual opponent will be on game day. About 10% of the time, they get caught. The old Hoco rules were that the unrostered players had to leave the game (which I saw a True team have to do, in a playoff game...5 players unrostered....how'd you love to be those kids' parents? The new rule is that the team forfeits (thank you Ricky DB). At some point I guess RIcky and Co. got a little tired of being constantly disrespected by certain clubs and their tendency to play unrostered (and, ahem, no liability waiver signed) players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ironically, the only animosity is from the the man babies/DCE dads. No one on ML, kids or parents could care less.
Haaaa. Kinda like the NL-Madlax game last week? The old Madlax LSM sent the Madlax parents and coach into a tizzy when he dropped the load in their grills

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. What do the 2 dads do who moved all the boys from ML to DCE do
Now? After this season, they wont have many options and it’s a small lax circle. Planning a Secret tryout for True Virginia? Plan a move to NL?. I feel sorry for their boys. Sound like their fo is the only player with options. Popping it and so excited to watch!

https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/49090/do-you-know-cabell-maddux.html

Feel sorry for all those kids who got stuck at Madlax. Some good kids. Hearing True Nova gonna get a bunch. Nowhere else to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ironically, the only animosity is from the the man babies/DCE dads. No one on ML, kids or parents could care less.
Haaaa. Kinda like the NL-Madlax game last week? The old Madlax LSM sent the Madlax parents and coach into a tizzy when he dropped the load in their grills

sounds like some ex MadLax parents have a hard on for MadLax and are more interested in ML doing bad than their own son doing good. am I reading that right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a team in the AAA division. He said a couple DCE players got moved up to the Elite team a few games back. I’m not sure if they had guys move down or what. His team was happy to see those players moved up because they carried the team apparently. Last year the rumor was FCA moved guys down to AAA from Elite during the season. I don’t think that is fair and I don’t understand how it’s allowed.

My kid is on the DCE Orange team and no one was moved.

well that settles that beyond a doubt!

I do not think HOCO would allow it either, because of locking in rosters at the beginning of the season.

HoCo would allow it and has allowed it on a very regular basis, "case by case basis." Kind of talking about two different things:

1) Mid season roster changes - this is a case-by-case process in the league and the league can say yay or nay, but usually they say OK. For instance, every year after Hoco rosters are set, Team 91 coaches tell their lower level players that they are "practice squad" and won't be playing in Hoco. For each of the last 3 years, at least one 91 player has joined another Hoco roster, with the league's approval, after the league play has started. Ultimately, the league wants kids to play.

2) Using unrostered players: If the league says no, or if the coach just has the brass ones to say "we'll play whoever we want" (aka certain True Maryland coaches....including one True coach last week...who still got beat while cheating), then you have a situation where nobody ever knows who their actual opponent will be on game day. About 10% of the time, they get caught. The old Hoco rules were that the unrostered players had to leave the game (which I saw a True team have to do, in a playoff game...5 players unrostered....how'd you love to be those kids' parents? The new rule is that the team forfeits (thank you Ricky DB). At some point I guess RIcky and Co. got a little tired of being constantly disrespected by certain clubs and their tendency to play unrostered (and, ahem, no liability waiver signed) players.

So then an Elite team would be able to bring someone up from a lower division if needed? Like Crabs bringing up a player from their AAA?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like some ex MadLax parents have a hard on for MadLax and are more interested in ML doing bad than their own son doing good. am I reading that right?

Nah, just relishing in Cabell’s anguish. He was in full fledged meltdown against NL when his ex players crushed what’s left of his little manhood

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE parents don't have a beef with the ML boys or 99% of the parents. They don't like CM. Btw, looks like he is still coaching. At Naptown last year after he showed up late (and didn't tell anybody) but before he pulled our team out of the tourney after the delay (without giving us a reason or telling the opposing team) he said he wasn't going to coach. He was going to rebrand the team.....blah blah. I guess you forgot about that. He's not an honest broker. It's downright bizarre ML parents regularly come after DCE parents who moved on. We don't care what you do, but we won't give CM a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE parents don't have a beef with the ML boys or 99% of the parents. They don't like CM. Btw, looks like he is still coaching. At Naptown last year after he showed up late (and didn't tell anybody) but before he pulled our team out of the tourney after the delay (without giving us a reason or telling the opposing team) he said he wasn't going to coach. He was going to rebrand the team.....blah blah. I guess you forgot about that. He's not an honest broker. It's downright bizarre ML parents regularly come after DCE parents who moved on. We don't care what you do, but we won't give CM a break.

Amen.

Last summer was full of Cabell highlights. Like when he put his hands on a ref in Vail and got himself kicked out of the tournament. Again, no email or explanation to the parents, had to hear it from kids on the team.

There’s not a kid or parent who left that regrets the decision to do so as far as I’ve heard. And he is absolutely going to lose more of his kids come summer. But alas, he will comb through Instagram pages and convince unsuspecting kids and parents from afar to join his cabal, no pun intended

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their offense can't really get going. poor man up, people rushing shots, defense can't stop a thing, and the only reason they keep games close is 2 good goalies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have got to be kidding me. You mean the lost LSM dad who was garbage talking a bunch of the MOMs — whose sons were not even on the old ML team. New players who can’t possibly be upset the Ml players left because it opened spots.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their offense can't really get going. poor man up, people rushing shots, defense can't stop a thing, and the only reason they keep games close is 2 good goalies

Please give less context about which team you're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i assume Express Orange seems pretty accurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaaa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing new for Fca and yes we heard that rumor last year. The league has no backbone. The hoops a program have to jump through to file a grievance insure they will not protest. How could they know who is on the roster? It’s not provided to the opponent. They make it rosters such a point of emphasis, but then don’t make them available? Do they roster check before games in elite?

This is completely made up. FCA has never moved players up or down during the season. FCA's fogo did not play against Crabs.

My son's team has played against both FCA teams over the years and while they FREQUENTLY sandbag FCA White with FCA Blue players at tournaments, I cannot imagine that either set of coaches would allow or encourage that during Hoco season.

It may make you feel good to say that but it never happens. There are almost no teams that play FCA white and FCA blue in the same season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaaa

I always assume they are speaking about ML if they are not mentioning a team name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing new for Fca and yes we heard that rumor last year. The league has no backbone. The hoops a program have to jump through to file a grievance insure they will not protest. How could they know who is on the roster? It’s not provided to the opponent. They make it rosters such a point of emphasis, but then don’t make them available? Do they roster check before games in elite?

This is completely made up. FCA has never moved players up or down during the season. FCA's fogo did not play against Crabs.

My son's team has played against both FCA teams over the years and while they FREQUENTLY sandbag FCA White with FCA Blue players at tournaments, I cannot imagine that either set of coaches would allow or encourage that during Hoco season.

It may make you feel good to say that but it never happens. There are almost no teams that play FCA white and FCA blue in the same season.

It makes me feel good to know that "over the years" is not "in the same season."

The teams absolutely trade players (always seen Blue players move down to White instead of the opposite), *at tournaments* as I said. In that scenario, FCA Blue would be "off" on the day of the FCA White tourney, and Blue players happen to be available to help fill out the roster. It's not complicated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks for dumping on your teammates goalie Dad - which team are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disgusting but more concerning is that although we signed a concussion waiver that we won't sue HoCo, there is no protocol and nothing was done. We all assume we are signing so we won't sue but we also expect a protocol as most bell rings present differently after a few hours. If you have a kid who has been through a concussion, you know they all look different. It doesn't matter if he/she says they are ok when asked. It's not up to them! You are the responsible Coach and officials. I'm curious how the league responded and more importantly, if the FCA and DCE players are ok. The FCA Coach and program should review the hits and the play and address why players returned to the game. in football, the coach and targeting player are suspended for at least 1 game. There is zero tolerance for this avoidable behavior. Complaining about coaches and reclass is ridiculous in itself, but there should be no support of the FCA coach or player who targeted the DCE player.
Disgusting but more concerning is that although we signed a concussion waiver that we won't sue HoCo, there is no protocol and nothing was done. We all assume we are signing so we won't sue but we also expect a protocol as most bell rings present differently after a few hours. If you have a kid who has been through a concussion, you know they all look different. It doesn't matter if he/she says they are ok when asked. It's not up to them! You are the responsible Coach and officials. I'm curious how the league responded and more importantly, if the FCA and DCE players are ok. The FCA Coach and program should review the hits and the play and address why players returned to the game. in football, the coach and targeting player are suspended for at least 1 game. There is zero tolerance for this avoidable behavior. Complaining about coaches and reclass is ridiculous in itself, but there should be no support of the FCA coach or player who targeted the DCE player.

So has anyone actually reached out to HoCo about repercussions for these completely negligent coaches? I am absolutely disgusted be their behavior. The celebration of #3 making a dirty hit… clearly the boys are learning it from their coaches. Shameful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It makes me feel good to know that "over the years" is not "in the same season."

The teams absolutely trade players (always seen Blue players move down to White instead of the opposite), *at tournaments* as I said. In that scenario, FCA Blue would be "off" on the day of the FCA White tourney, and Blue players happen to be available to help fill out the roster. It's not complicated.

They don't ever trade players. Sorry either you're a liar or delusional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't ever trade players. Sorry either you're a liar or delusional.

The only team I’ve seen actually do this is West Coast Starz, where you will play the A team one day and see some of the same guys playing for the B team the next day, but if you’ve flown 2500 miles for a lax tourney then go for it and get in as much run as you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks for dumping on your teammates goalie Dad - which team are you referring to?

The person posting this will never say what team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems likely to be express orange was posted at that time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I have never seen FCA swap players on teams and frankly, I know our coach is philosophically against it.

Likewise, he won't permit guest players, even if we are short due to injuries / vacations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was original poster. Was referring to Team 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The person posting this will never say what team...

Nah, a goalie dad would never acknowledge that both goalies are equally good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nothing new for Fca and yes we heard that rumor last year. The league has no backbone. The hoops a program have to jump through to file a grievance insure they will not protest. How could they know who is on the roster? It’s not provided to the opponent. They make it rosters such a point of emphasis, but then don’t make them available? Do they roster check before games in elite?

They don't ever trade players. Sorry either you're a liar or

To say that any Maryland youth lacrosse org would "never" and has never, committed a roster violation is pure comedy. Go off, King!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can think of one FCA 2028 player that will be on CH varsity in 2025!

LOL you don't say! Hahahaha.

Yup. Sonny will always get the nod. Happening at fca already.

The opposition has to love it. Everyone knows who will be getting the last shot in any tight game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was original poster. Was referring to Team 91

well, that’s sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder which positions those kids played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder which positions those kids played?

It didn't happen, so the answer is no position.

There are arguably a few orange players who could be on black and vice versa so maybe they'll reshuffle a little for summer - the current formulations don't seem to be working great - but any moves would require a black team parent to understand that his/her kid is probably better off getting significant playing time at AAA instead of riding the bench at Elite, and those parents are few and far between in any youth sports let alone lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back to teams that actually matter, like the Crabs and Hawks? Nobody cares about DCE; both teams are terrible!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems like people are curious about why. both teams are terrible considering both are made of players from elite rosters last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back to teams that actually matter, like the Crabs and Hawks? Nobody cares about DCE; both teams are terrible!

Sure I’ll lob in a grenade to start a conversation: It’s notable how much less dominant those clubs are at 2029 and younger, and suggests that a lot of their success at 2028 is due to aggressively holdbackery.

As a result their performance in HOCO isn’t surprising or remarkable, because good should-be 9th graders generally will be better than should-be 8th graders.

I’m not suggesting it shouldn’t be allowed, but it makes the results in a league that is sorted by class year uninteresting, so I’m excited to move past this and get to high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure I’ll lob in a grenade to start a conversation: It’s notable how much less dominant those clubs are at 2029 and younger, and suggests that a lot of their success at 2028 is due to aggressively holdbackery.

As a result their performance in HOCO isn’t surprising or remarkable, because good should-be 9th graders generally will be better than should-be 8th graders.

I’m not suggesting it shouldn’t be allowed, but it makes the results in a league that is sorted by class year uninteresting, so I’m excited to move past this and get to high school.

Amen to that. Actually sad that these parents on here choose to ignore it. Boast about the hawks and the crabs all you want but the truth is they only dominate because they are older. So pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is pathetic is your post. You cast a shadow on a team you have no clue about. The Crabs have 2 boys with early summer birthdays ( they are 14). So they have 2 holdbacks. Those are facts.Why don’t you let everyone know what team your son plays on so we could compare rosters? Much easier for you hide behind a keyboard instead?
Have you considered these boys work harder & get better coaching than your son? I hope you feel better at the Expense of 13-14 year old boys. You must be a proud parent. Instead of working hard, just have excuses ready to make yourself feel good. Pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that. Actually sad that these parents on here choose to ignore it. Boast about the hawks and the crabs all you want but the truth is they only dominate because they are older. So pathetic.

I don't find it pathetic - I assume those parents are doing what they think is best for their kids, misguided as it might be to make any life decision in hopes of locking down a 1/12th scholarship from Cleveland State. I just think it makes the results unremarkable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't find it pathetic - I assume those parents are doing what they think is best for their kids, misguided as it might be to make any life decision in hopes of locking down a 1/12th scholarship from Cleveland State. I just think it makes the results unremarkable.
I think he was referring to the parents of the Crabs and Hawks coming on here to boast as “pathetic,” and I agree. And we all KNOW— both of those teams have 5-6 kids who were playing for their respective 2027 teams 2 years ago. Like the original poster— I actually don’t care that they held their kids back in middle school for sports. It’s working the system. But don’t tell me the kids worked harder, because they simply ARENT THE SAME KIDS WE USED TO RUN OVER 2 years ago. The kids who make the difference for Crabs and Hawks were 2027 2 years ago. PERIOD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is pathetic is your post. You cast a shadow on a team you have no clue about. The Crabs have 2 boys with early summer birthdays ( they are 14). So they have 2 holdbacks. Those are facts.Why don’t you let everyone know what team your son plays on so we could compare rosters? Much easier for you hide behind a keyboard instead?
Have you considered these boys work harder & get better coaching than your son? I hope you feel better at the Expense of 13-14 year old boys. You must be a proud parent. Instead of working hard, just have excuses ready to make yourself feel good. Pathetic!

Over many years Crabs have earned their reputation as Hold Back U. Crabs are perennial bottom feeders in HoCo until 8th grade. Then suddenly big new '8th graders' who did a pre-1st and a redo of 8th grade before HS show up. Hawks start bringing their holdbacks in earlier. But no doubt Hawks and Crabs are 2 oldest teams in division. They're also two of the best. Should have a good game this weekend. Good luck to both!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope some of you havent started making payments to St Mary's with them letting Victor Lilly go today. Still can go to another school and not lose eligibilty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the expense of 13-14 year olds? You’re really reaching here. I didn’t call the kids pathetic. I didn’t call the teams pathetic. I didn’t call the coaches pathetic. I also never said that they don’t work hard. I simply stated that the parents boasting about their success and how much they dominate is pathetic. The next few posters after you reiterated my point. The hawks and crabs, along with 2way, rhino, 3D, etc are all great. But NONE of them would be as good as they are without the benefit of multiple kids who should be playing and graduating as a 27. You’re kidding no one. Those are facts and they are undeniable. As another poster pointed out, PERIOD.

Like Reply Quote
Page 258 of 265 1 2 256 257 258 259 260 264 265
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard