BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,482
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 64 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This weeks game summary.- Please do not respond with off topic banter. Add any information that could be interesting to the converation.

Things noticed this week. There were more surprises than normal. Most games are closer than expected. The violations continue with offsides and shot clocks. Teams are still relying on hero ball. Team play and unity enhances performance. Teams that can balance organized play schemes with inventive lacrosse IQ will standout and win. The top five teams are the closest they have ever been. The bottom three teams are starting to show glimmers of hope and are improving.

Elite

Predators v FCA
Not sure what to make from this game being that I watched it closely. First it was a rise and shine special. Did this play into the game? I am first surprised by the 6-3 score. FCA seemed like they came to play with more of their injured players back on the field. The game was not exciting nor pretty. It was one with many ground balls missed and passes dropped. From the start, FCA was pushing the ball to the offense and increasing the numbers of shots on goals. Some on target, many in the goalie’s stick, and many off target. The team moved the ball a little better than previous games with involvement from other players. Preds struggled on offense with many loss of possessions due to defense and simple stick skills like ground balls, bad passes, and dropped balls. If Preds was on point with these skills, it would be a completely different game. FCA won most of the ground ball battles on their defensive end. The midfield play was average for both teams with balls being thrown away for each team. Turnovers was the name of this game. FCA got little better with the shot clock with (I think) one violation. However, where they made up in another area, they replaced it with players being offsides. I think it was +3.. This has to be addressed in order to improve in transition and game speed. Defensively Preds was playing to the best of their ability, using their size to make up for speed, ball movement, and off ball cutters. This might have been Preds best defensive game. Including this game and the last, the goal differential was an average of 4 goals against (FCA and TC). FCA’s defense continues to struggle. I understand they have some defenseman out that would make a difference. With that being said, the defense seemed lost at times and inconsistent. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of leadership on the defensive end, unlike the offense where it is clear who runs it. FCA limited the on field frustration. Hopefully this win was a stepping to stone to better and more decisive wins. Preds came to play. LITTLE by LITTLE they get better each week. Will they win a game this year? I am not sure, however they are improving at bigger steps than other bottom teams in previous years. Next week, FCA takes on Madlax and Preds take on Legends. Is FCA prepared to take on the speed and precision of Madlax? Will Preds make the legends game closer than expected? Who will know. Legends and Preds play at U.S. Lacrosse field which makes for a unique and exciting experience for players, coaches, and families.

TC v Hawks -
Didn’t catch this game. What happened? The score sparks curiosity. 12-7 TC? My questions are primarily with Hawks. Have most teams figured them out? They run a very specific offense. Very mythical and calculated. To their credit they have been known to be very technical. Has this been a thorn this year? Their goal production seems to be ok however their goals against are higher than what you would expect for a team of this caliber (Please no Goalie comments). TC’s goal production is 3rd lowest in the league but yet they seem to win games with low goals against. I really thought this game would be closer. Would love some game review.

Madlax v Legends
Game of the weekend! Legends over Madlax in overtime. This game was a battle of wills. It wasn’t a perfect game by any means. It was close from beginning to end. Madlax started and established the tempo of the game with some quick goals, catching the legends on their heels. Legends was quick to respond with their own goals. Legends has continuously had a strong and aggressive defense. The leadership is apparent with players and coaches communicating with each other and holding themselves accountable. Legends did struggle in the clearing game with multiple turnovers happening in the middle of the field allowing Madlax to stay in the game. Midfield play at this level is a game changer for any team. Madlax’s defense played hard and was tough, their slides were good and it was apparent that they knew where to be. Offensively, Legends was moving the ball well however, some dropped ball or poor passes caused turnovers in favor of the other team. On offense, Madlax took good shots, however it became predictable as to where the majority of the shots where coming from and from who. While their passing was consistent around the crease so was the 15 yard shot down the alley. Luckily Madlax has good shooters. Both Madlax and Legends have some simple errors to resolve like precise passing, ground balls, and transitions. Shot clock management was ok with Madlax getting called more times than expected. What was apparent was that box coaching caused for some key turnovers for Madlax. This caused confusion among players. Coaching was good on both sides of the field, however each team had different approaches to handling the pressure. In the end I think Legends should have won by more goals. The game should have ended in regular time. The gap between these two teams had gotten really small. Next week, Madlax will play FCA. If Madlax controls the midfield and limits basic mistakes they will dominate the game. Legends and Preds may turn into a closer game then expected if Legends slips on fundamental stick skills. If Legends controls the pace and tempo of the game and plays all 4 quarters equally it will be a win.

Team 91 v Next Level
Watched the first quarter and the game started out as planned. Next level dominated through out. Other than the Legends game, Team 91 seems to have trouble scoring goals. The question is are they getting better every week?

Predictions
Hawks v. Team 91 - Hawks +8
Legends v. Preds - Legends +5
Madlax v. FCA - Madlax +5
True Chesapeake v. Next Level +2

AAA

Hawks v. HoCo
Another upset with HOCO winning 10-9. I would call it an upset. Especially when the Botton team gets a win like that.

Shore Kaos v. Carroll Manor
Shore Kaos pulled it. They have the ability to score goals but are equally tied with Carroll Manor.

Prostart v. Team MD
Well Team Maryland pulled of the spoiler with a large win. There ability to score goals helped them in the end. Hopefully in the future they can limit them to help along the way.

True NOVA - Bethesda Blue -
Nova won 11- 9 . They continue to score many goals which has kept them at the top. The gap between nova and everyone else is getting bigger but he week. If NOVA does this consistently they win it all.

Predictions
Team Maryland v. Bethesda Blue - Team Maryland +1
Hawks v. NOVA - NOVA +9
Carroll Manor v. HOCO - Carroll Manor +3 - Upset of the week with HOCO winning.
Prostart v. Shore Kaos - Shore Kaos +1

Great write up! Thanks for posting. I would add that because some teams haven't played 4 games and some teams have you have to divide by the number of games to see the real GD, GF, and GA

Top 3 for Goal Differential (GD) per game:

1. True Chesapeake - +4
2. Madlax +4
3. Next Level +3.8

Top 3 for Goals For (GF) per game:
1. Madlax = 10
2. Next Level = 10
3. True Chesapeake = 9.3

Top 3 for Goals Allowed (GA) per game:
1. True Chesapeake = 5.3
2. Hawks = 5.8
3. Madlax = 6

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
Maryland teams still too afraid to challenge Long Island in the World Series.
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha… and that goon shows up again. Same story different day. World Series goon trolling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
#NoHoldbacksAllowed
Change the record dude. True Chesapeake is in the world series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

Never heard of them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he meant True National.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

Never heard of them.

the world series is a joke of a tournament. the only people who mention it are those who go and get their hoco games rescheduled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

Never heard of them.
You really are from Long Island. Wish I had some sock puppets to help you understand properly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great write up above. Thank you.

Unfortunately the clowns are back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"the only people who mention it are those who go and get their hoco games rescheduled." no need for this comment HOCO could have denied that request but they didn't. move on from that. "You really are from Long Island." if they are really from long island they sure have a lot of interest in the maryland lacrosse. Must be that they don't have anything to focus on up there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Weekend Games:

Hawks Vs Team 91: Hawks by 7

Legends Vs Predators: Legends by 5

Madlax Vs FCA: Madlax by 6

True Vs Next Level: Next level by 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is more interesting:
a) That 91MD as a program has 3 wins against 20 loses so far this season; with an average loss by 8.7 goals (this is across all HoCo age groups); or...
b) That this marks 91MD's best metrics as a program over the past three years?

It's so interesting to me how much money Millon has been able to make on the back of this consistent business model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why everyone’s leaving Club Nationals for the Holiday Bowl in December?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a) That 91MD as a program has 3 wins against 20 loses so far this season; with an average loss by 8.7 goals (this is across all HoCo age groups); or...

It's so interesting to me how much money Millon has been able to make on the back of this consistent business model.

One of biggest reason MM focused on his sons teams and them. Gotta give MM credit, one of the more disliked people in lacrosse community, yet had his son as the number 1 recruit, talked about constantly and now starting at UVA all the while making a pile of money off the dreamers of lacrosse who fall by the wayside thinking they will end up like his son. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

We get it, MD is the land of holdbacks at elite level. While that is true to some extent, most areas including LI have their share now.

One year, your wish will come true, it will be some arbitrary date of one year for everyone regardless of grade, until that time, Shzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

Never heard of them.
You really are from Long Island. Wish I had some sock puppets to help you understand properly.

You play with sock puppets often do you? lol.
HOCO league, should be called Holdback League!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine sitting alone in your basement worrying about a middle school sports league 200 miles away. It might be time to get up and touch some grass and have a catch with your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you detest the NXT spring league as much as you detest HOCO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks summery:
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

Never heard of them.

You play with sock puppets often do you? lol.

Better call the burn unit for this one....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why anyone wouldn't detest that league. It's open season on holdbacks in that league with no discernible age rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why anyone wouldn't detest that league. It's open season on holdbacks in that league with no discernible age rules.
Cmon, you gotta know that kids outside of MD dont hold back! Right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of biggest reason MM focused on his sons teams and them. Gotta give MM credit, one of the more disliked people in lacrosse community, yet had his son as the number 1 recruit, talked about constantly and now starting at UVA all the while making a pile of money off the dreamers of lacrosse who fall by the wayside thinking they will end up like his son. .

I can't even begin to tell you HOW SPOT ON THIS IS - HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then they should all holdback like his son did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just step 1. Then switch schools to find the school and coach that will play your son. Make sure you coach your son and run offense at him every play. Scream at anyone that touches him. Scream at anyone that doe not give your son the ball. Make fun of other players. Make videos highlighting your son only. etc, etc etc,,,And always, I mean always ,,Make sure it is about your son !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks game summary.- Please do not respond with off topic banter. Add any information that could be interesting to the converation.

Things noticed this week. There were more surprises than normal. Most games are closer than expected. The violations continue with offsides and shot clocks. Teams are still relying on hero ball. Team play and unity enhances performance. Teams that can balance organized play schemes with inventive lacrosse IQ will standout and win. The top five teams are the closest they have ever been. The bottom three teams are starting to show glimmers of hope and are improving.

Elite

Predators v FCA
Not sure what to make from this game being that I watched it closely. First it was a rise and shine special. Did this play into the game? I am first surprised by the 6-3 score. FCA seemed like they came to play with more of their injured players back on the field. The game was not exciting nor pretty. It was one with many ground balls missed and passes dropped. From the start, FCA was pushing the ball to the offense and increasing the numbers of shots on goals. Some on target, many in the goalie’s stick, and many off target. The team moved the ball a little better than previous games with involvement from other players. Preds struggled on offense with many loss of possessions due to defense and simple stick skills like ground balls, bad passes, and dropped balls. If Preds was on point with these skills, it would be a completely different game. FCA won most of the ground ball battles on their defensive end. The midfield play was average for both teams with balls being thrown away for each team. Turnovers was the name of this game. FCA got little better with the shot clock with (I think) one violation. However, where they made up in another area, they replaced it with players being offsides. I think it was +3.. This has to be addressed in order to improve in transition and game speed. Defensively Preds was playing to the best of their ability, using their size to make up for speed, ball movement, and off ball cutters. This might have been Preds best defensive game. Including this game and the last, the goal differential was an average of 4 goals against (FCA and TC). FCA’s defense continues to struggle. I understand they have some defenseman out that would make a difference. With that being said, the defense seemed lost at times and inconsistent. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of leadership on the defensive end, unlike the offense where it is clear who runs it. FCA limited the on field frustration. Hopefully this win was a stepping to stone to better and more decisive wins. Preds came to play. LITTLE by LITTLE they get better each week. Will they win a game this year? I am not sure, however they are improving at bigger steps than other bottom teams in previous years. Next week, FCA takes on Madlax and Preds take on Legends. Is FCA prepared to take on the speed and precision of Madlax? Will Preds make the legends game closer than expected? Who will know. Legends and Preds play at U.S. Lacrosse field which makes for a unique and exciting experience for players, coaches, and families.

TC v Hawks -
Didn’t catch this game. What happened? The score sparks curiosity. 12-7 TC? My questions are primarily with Hawks. Have most teams figured them out? They run a very specific offense. Very mythical and calculated. To their credit they have been known to be very technical. Has this been a thorn this year? Their goal production seems to be ok however their goals against are higher than what you would expect for a team of this caliber (Please no Goalie comments). TC’s goal production is 3rd lowest in the league but yet they seem to win games with low goals against. I really thought this game would be closer. Would love some game review.

Madlax v Legends
Game of the weekend! Legends over Madlax in overtime. This game was a battle of wills. It wasn’t a perfect game by any means. It was close from beginning to end. Madlax started and established the tempo of the game with some quick goals, catching the legends on their heels. Legends was quick to respond with their own goals. Legends has continuously had a strong and aggressive defense. The leadership is apparent with players and coaches communicating with each other and holding themselves accountable. Legends did struggle in the clearing game with multiple turnovers happening in the middle of the field allowing Madlax to stay in the game. Midfield play at this level is a game changer for any team. Madlax’s defense played hard and was tough, their slides were good and it was apparent that they knew where to be. Offensively, Legends was moving the ball well however, some dropped ball or poor passes caused turnovers in favor of the other team. On offense, Madlax took good shots, however it became predictable as to where the majority of the shots where coming from and from who. While their passing was consistent around the crease so was the 15 yard shot down the alley. Luckily Madlax has good shooters. Both Madlax and Legends have some simple errors to resolve like precise passing, ground balls, and transitions. Shot clock management was ok with Madlax getting called more times than expected. What was apparent was that box coaching caused for some key turnovers for Madlax. This caused confusion among players. Coaching was good on both sides of the field, however each team had different approaches to handling the pressure. In the end I think Legends should have won by more goals. The game should have ended in regular time. The gap between these two teams had gotten really small. Next week, Madlax will play FCA. If Madlax controls the midfield and limits basic mistakes they will dominate the game. Legends and Preds may turn into a closer game then expected if Legends slips on fundamental stick skills. If Legends controls the pace and tempo of the game and plays all 4 quarters equally it will be a win.

Team 91 v Next Level
Watched the first quarter and the game started out as planned. Next level dominated through out. Other than the Legends game, Team 91 seems to have trouble scoring goals. The question is are they getting better every week?

Predictions

AAA

Hawks v. HoCo
Another upset with HOCO winning 10-9. I would call it an upset. Especially when the Botton team gets a win like that.

Shore Kaos pulled it. They have the ability to score goals but are equally tied with Carroll Manor.

Prostart v. Team MD
Well Team Maryland pulled of the spoiler with a large win. There ability to score goals helped them in the end. Hopefully in the future they can limit them to help along the way.

Nova won 11- 9 . They continue to score many goals which has kept them at the top. The gap between nova and everyone else is getting bigger but he week. If NOVA does this consistently they win it all.

Predictions
Hawks v. NOVA - NOVA +9

Imagine caring this much about youth sports? Dude needs to find a hobby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know right. Imagine coming on a lacrosse forum and talking about lacrosse. Who does that? We don't need relevant content and insights, we want more whining and belittling of each other. FFS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite

Predators v FCA

TC v Hawks -

Madlax v Legends

Team 91 v Next Level

Predictions

AAA

Hawks v. HoCo

Prostart v. Team MD

Predictions
Hawks v. NOVA - NOVA +9

You're the one on the 2029 Lacrosse message board reading it and commenting. Hi there pot meet Mr. black kettle.

Keep posting game summaries! This is what this board is about!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm it is a 2029 forum. What else should we talk about on here. Let’s see. How about the… any ideas? Oh wait holdbacks. Playing with sock puppets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude your on here so u must care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha froma. guy hanging out on page for youth sports. What do you want to talk about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite

Predators v FCA

TC v Hawks -

Madlax v Legends

Team 91 v Next Level

Predictions

AAA

Hawks v. HoCo

Prostart v. Team MD

Predictions
Hawks v. NOVA - NOVA +9

Elite

Predators v FCA

TC v Hawks -

Madlax v Legends

Team 91 v Next Level

Predictions

AAA

Hawks v. HoCo

Prostart v. Team MD

Predictions
Hawks v. NOVA - NOVA +9

Elite

Predators v FCA

TC v Hawks -

Madlax v Legends

Team 91 v Next Level

Predictions

AAA

Hawks v. HoCo

Prostart v. Team MD

Predictions
Hawks v. NOVA - NOVA +9

Do you even know where you are? This exactly what this forum is for. The OP is actually providing information about the league rather than whining about holdbacks and NY lacrosse.

The person posting these summaries is awesome. For those who can’t come early or stay late, it provides useful insight on how teams are matching up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it's settled. 9 out of 10 people think your comment is garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the Legends vs Preds game this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legends 11-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's asking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's asking?

“Talk of the town”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just step 1. Then switch schools to find the school and coach that will play your son. Make sure you coach your son and run offense at him every play. Scream at anyone that touches him. Scream at anyone that doe not give your son the ball. Make fun of other players. Make videos highlighting your son only. etc, etc etc,,,And always, I mean always ,,Make sure it is about your son !

only 1 corrections - SON"S"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds 15-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Sports Reporter Dad and the 2029 Hoco weekend recap? Hopefully angry anti-holdback Dad did not scare him off. The write-ups a good way to keep up on things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
reports usually come out on Wednesdays. I think. Hopefully that troll comes out of the and enjoys the day from their cave dwelling hobbies.

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 64 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard