BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,742
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 319 of 332 1 2 317 318 319 320 321 331 332
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Boy's Latin tried to get my son to come to the school for lacrosse and on the visit he saw kids in the bathroom ripping a pen. Does this happen at all the private schools?

Very typical from a school that has been historically known for their 2nd rate education. You would be much better off sending your son to the local public school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB +150, +5 V. BL -220, -5
CHC -120 +1.5 V. MCD -120 -1.5
GTECH -300 -6.5 V. MSJ +220 +6.5
STP -120 -3 V. JC +130 +3
STM +200 +6 V. SPAULDING -120 -6

Odds for friday.

I like these odds. Just a few tweaks.

BL -7
MCD -3
I think Tech -5 might be better, but that is minutia.
STP -5
Spalding -4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy's Latin tried to get my son to come to the school for lacrosse and on the visit he saw kids in the bathroom ripping a pen. Does this happen at all the private schools?
Yes, this is what makes the Miaa such an elite brand of schools. There is truly nothing better then ripping the pen in the bathrooms. I am so proud of my son, he rips the IAmInsecure out of his elf bar and cart. This is what makes him such a great athlete. #stayelite #backtheblue #IAmInsecure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BS has finally ruined a lacrosse forum that was at one time actually a good forum for talking about games and the league and the results. Now this forum is just about hurling insults, degrading other programs etc. Don't you want MSJ, JC Severn etc all to do well so the league remains the top in the country. Some of the elitist would like this to be a 5 team league....yea that would be alot of fun.

Nah, Every year it's the same thing. Moths to a flame.

With visions of grandeur, parents send their kids to a lax mill like Loyola and Calvert Hall that carries 50 kids on their varsity roster. Parents ignore the other 50-60 on JV and Fresh soph because, "Sonny will make it."

He doesn't. The kid gets buried on JV, and then quits or is cut by the time they are juniors.

Oh well. The good news is the parents can always complain here.

The elitist BS needs to stop. Its like BL, McD & CHC should never lose-even when they paly each other it should end in a tie... Everybody else is mediocre or bad. As far the visions of grandeur, that starts with the parents not looking at all 11 schools when deciding. Due to logistics, legacy, tuition cost, academic interest etc.. the list will be narrowed. Then you have to be realistic and figure out if and where he can actually see the field and be developed as a player. That may mean a little longer commute, but be open. Watch out for the coach BS meter that will promise you the world just because he does not want you going somewhere else. Please note: BL & CHC only play about 18 tops off of the 50 man-some games less. There is treasure that would benefit other schools from player 19-30. The rest will never see the field. I use to put Loyola into this same category because they are a 50 man roster as well-but not recently based on recruiting. McD's roster is not a 50 man and the fall off is drastic after the top 13 or so play. By getting more talent on the field the whole league becomes more competitive. Parents if you do not follow this blueprint to some degree please don't come on here and complain about your bad experience.

It's an arms race to many of the big programs. They recruit huge numbers and accept everyone to keep kids away from other programs.

If they get wash out once they get there, they don't care.

It's one less kid that might develop and be competition in the future.

As much as parents want PT for their kids, it's surprising that parents haven't figured it out yet.

Perhaps that will change with the success some of these perennial bottom teams are having with freshmen and underclass contributors. But I won't hold my breath.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy's Latin is known for not disciplining lacrosse kids for wrong doing. They can get away with anything. It's sad they are not held to the same standard as the rest of the school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy's Latin is known for not disciplining lacrosse kids for wrong doing. They can get away with anything. It's sad they are not held to the same standard as the rest of the school.

Private school paying customers are the students, Of course they are treated better than the public schools of everyone gets suspended for anything and everything . Lucky to have an option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question-

CHC parent here.
Why do I continuously see other teams posting TikToks and Instagram Reels about my son? I find it to be extremely disrespectful how other teams treat my son. There is no need for this type of rage to be taken out on my boy simply because he is committed to an institution. What goes through these kids minds when they go to garbage other players? It is generally disappointing seeing the type of content coming from BL, McD, SP, LB, etc. I think there truly needs to be a reform in the league about the way other teams control social media. Please consider talking to your boys about sportsmanship and the need for gamesmanship across the league.
#baneyeblack #benice #dogood #gocards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does any body else think little Spence has the tism? I think the entire Bl team has dyslexia as well.

#MasonProuttsaidhardr

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Annapolis Lacrosse,
Please play to win. Stop playing players with family ties. The politics surrounding Annapolis lacrosse are out of control. I never expected MSJ and JC to have a better MIAA record than Severn and STM.
Or maybe JC and MSJ just have better teams this season.

I'm the opposite of whatever you call a Spalding fan, but it's been clear since at least the recruitment of the 2027s 18 months ago that the hierarchy for "great" and "good" AA county athletes is Spalding>STM>Severn. This is true for the 2028s as well, as the best Hawks kids are headed to Spalding and BL, the decent Hawks and Clippers kids are headed to DC privates and St. Marys (some of whom are leaving Severn, new DC players are leaving St Marys also), and Severn is picking up public school kids (Broadneck and Sev Park) and a few Catholic school kids pretty strictly from AA County.

This is not exactly true. 3 of the top Hawks 27 players chose Severn. Two remained at StM. One chose Bullis and one CHC.

Spalding did not get a single top level player from that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi everyone in the forum, Big game today between Loyola and Boys Latin. Just wanted to remind everyone of the classic game in 2013. Where the Dons upset the Lakers. Great video linked below, highlights tons of amazing players that went on to have a great colligate career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_8Tldze--E

Have a nice day,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#34 on LB does not deserve any of the detest he receives. As a parent of a young man who goes to StM, I know for certain that #34 is one heck of a player and an extremely passionate and respectful person on the field. He holds interest from several d1 schools, and that doesn't even encapsulate his talent. He has incredible skills with his stick and the movement at his side is unparalleled. We as a community need to stop bashing these young men and start praising them on their way throughout the high school and recruitment process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh parent here,

Was watching film for the upcoming game against Chc. I quickly realized how #22 is a complete cancer to the team. His name is Preston, Ive heard alot of rumors about him and this girl. No charges yet, but heard there coming soon. Kid is a complete hammerhead, and a terrible human. So glad the law is getting involved with this.

#Saygoodbyetooyourcommitment #YournotgoingtoSailsbury, your going to jail

#still
#3peat
#dejavu

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you mean Cookie! There is something wrong with that dude! He has some deep routes issues! How does this kid get more playing time than my son?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time I pop on this particular forum I feel so happy I don't live in the Baltimore area (even though I like the city).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question-

CHC parent here.
Why do I continuously see other teams posting TikToks and Instagram Reels about my son? I find it to be extremely disrespectful how other teams treat my son. There is no need for this type of rage to be taken out on my boy simply because he is committed to an institution. What goes through these kids minds when they go to garbage other players? It is generally disappointing seeing the type of content coming from BL, McD, SP, LB, etc. I think there truly needs to be a reform in the league about the way other teams control social media. Please consider talking to your boys about sportsmanship and the need for gamesmanship across the league.
#baneyeblack #benice #dogood #gocards

Might want to take a harder look at your favorite team. CH was the program that posted the clip of the dong-waggle celly that went viral.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Annapolis Lacrosse,
Please play to win. Stop playing players with family ties. The politics surrounding Annapolis lacrosse are out of control. I never expected MSJ and JC to have a better MIAA record than Severn and STM.

I'm the opposite of whatever you call a Spalding fan, but it's been clear since at least the recruitment of the 2027s 18 months ago that the hierarchy for "great" and "good" AA county athletes is Spalding>STM>Severn. This is true for the 2028s as well, as the best Hawks kids are headed to Spalding and BL, the decent Hawks and Clippers kids are headed to DC privates and St. Marys (some of whom are leaving Severn, new DC players are leaving St Marys also), and Severn is picking up public school kids (Broadneck and Sev Park) and a few Catholic school kids pretty strictly from AA County.

This is not exactly true. 3 of the top Hawks 27 players chose Severn. Two remained at StM. One chose Bullis and one CHC.

Spalding got 2 very good poles which makes sense as the Hawks head coach works with the defense at Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time I pop on this particular forum I feel so happy I don't live in the Baltimore area (even though I like the city).
You and me both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Annapolis Lacrosse,

Spalding got 2 very good poles which makes sense as the Hawks head coach works with the defense at Spalding.

Might be true. Just not Hawks 27 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BS has finally ruined a lacrosse forum that was at one time actually a good forum for talking about games and the league and the results. Now this forum is just about hurling insults, degrading other programs etc. Don't you want MSJ, JC Severn etc all to do well so the league remains the top in the country. Some of the elitist would like this to be a 5 team league....yea that would be alot of fun.

With visions of grandeur, parents send their kids to a lax mill like Loyola and Calvert Hall that carries 50 kids on their varsity roster. Parents ignore the other 50-60 on JV and Fresh soph because, "Sonny will make it."

He doesn't. The kid gets buried on JV, and then quits or is cut by the time they are juniors.

Oh good, John Carroll Dad is back for another year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were at an event at Hereford MS and kids were literally smoking weed in the bathroom, so. It's so rampant that it's hardly even policed at the public schools. Kids walk in consistently smelling like weed. Not even a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL doesn't break a sweat, rests 3 top players, and beats LB 11-8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman barely wins.
McDonogh loses to Hall
What else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the MIAA officiating worse then its ever been? There seems to be a different set of referees and they are not very consistent across the board. What has happened to the league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh parent here,

Was watching film for the upcoming game against Chc. I quickly realized how #22 is a complete cancer to the team. His name is Preston, Ive heard alot of rumors about him and this girl. No charges yet, but heard there coming soon. Kid is a complete hammerhead, and a terrible human. So glad the law is getting involved with this.

#Saygoodbyetooyourcommitment #YournotgoingtoSailsbury, your going to jail

#still
#3peat
#dejavu

You know this forum (and nothing on the internet) is actually anonymous…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the greatest coaching staff that runs 3 poles on the faceoff and 2 poles on EMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which three players rested?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the greatest coaching staff that runs 3 poles on the faceoff and 2 poles on EMO

St Marys. Hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the MIAA officiating worse then its ever been? There seems to be a different set of referees and they are not very consistent across the board. What has happened to the league

Unhinged Parents screaming at Refs who know about rules than a U 11 player along with unhinged coaches who think screaming at refs get them calls.

Shortage of refs all over country with the generation of privilege and no consequences for actions, just excuses .

Associations are taking anyone just to fill a slot hoping they get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Marys. Hilarious.

Their poles have better skills than the shorties, Big mess in Annapolis. Spalding is taking their players from clubs, in spite of what the guy whose son wasnt invited to play at Spalding says.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let him be, He is hoping a couple non playing JV players come his way to start and make JC Varsity better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can tell MIAA is on a down year. The end of the CH , McD game was brutal to watch. So many simple passes, shots and movement looked like a youth rec team . What the heck has happened to the talent ? That along with refs who were obviously in a learning phase of their career, made a sloppy mess at end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about …

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's not wrong.
55 kids were on the sidelines for CH yesterday.
Only 19 got in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any miaa teams play more than 20 kids during xompetitive games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at college box scores. Most teams average about 22-24 kids getting in competitive games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who really cares ? Like what are you after ? Ridiculous notIntelligent question. Go watch an A conf game and count…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Especially in really tight games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Especially in really tight games.
Exactly
3 poles
4 attack
1 goalie
2 fogo
2 lsm
2 SDM
6 middies

20 - honestly what could you expect max? 24?

Or are you upset they let kids stand on the sidelines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only to create a specific mis-match, or because of tough weather conditions (heat/dehydration), or because of in-game injuries.

This is not different from high level public school ball...public schools just have smaller rosters.

Lower level public school lacrosse (and private schools outside of the DC to Boston corridor), you do see a lot of substitutions, primarily because the players are not well conditioned, walk into dangerous double teams (in-game injury - hand sprains/breaks), have poor technique at specialist positions (G, FOGO - lots of back, hand, thumb injuries in-game), and are prone to throwing hospital passes (in-game head/neck injury).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at college box scores. Most teams average about 22-24 kids getting in competitive games.

The question was about MIAA not college

Like Reply Quote
Page 319 of 332 1 2 317 318 319 320 321 331 332
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard