BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 144 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont confuse better coaching with have having bigger numbers attend tryouts. the quantity of better kids make better coaches

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't get sucked into the hype of any of these clubs or get hung up on which kid plays for what club. College coaches could care less what club team your sons play for - It makes absolutely no difference to them so don't drink the cool-aid of any program, including the Express. All the college coaches care about is your kid as an individual. He could play for the 3 stooges club located in tim-buk-to and it wouldn't matter as long as they see him and he's a stud he doesn't have to come from a well known program. The great majority of kids on D1 rosters played for club programs that you've never heard of. Go with the cheapest for some exposure and supplement with individual showcases and college prospect days. Trust me, I've just been through it.

It's encouraging to read your post, but can you give some advice on the best ways to get your son "seen", and recruited, if he's not a "stud"? Let's say he's a B to B+ player, on a B team, with a reputable travel program.

I've heard the best thing to do is to try to come up with 3 or 4 schools that he might want to go to, and send him to camps at those specific schools, if they have them.

I know there are showcases you can go to, but my son's only in 7th grade, so I'm not very familiar with them yet (is it Jake Reed, etc?). I think they're by invitation, or tryout, and they're probably geared toward the "studs" that you mentioned.

Other than that, I guess you have to be relentless with emailing coaches, sending them video, and hope that they'll come watch him play at one of the summer tournaments?

Any input, or serious advice, would be greatly appreciated (obviously, from you too CageSage!). Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is just starting his freshman year. I would love to hear what recruting camps he went to? Did he need a coach's recommendation for them? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get sucked into the hype of any of these clubs or get hung up on which kid plays for what club. College coaches could care less what club team your sons play for - It makes absolutely no difference to them so don't drink the cool-aid of any program, including the Express. All the college coaches care about is your kid as an individual. He could play for the 3 stooges club located in tim-buk-to and it wouldn't matter as long as they see him and he's a stud he doesn't have to come from a well known program. The great majority of kids on D1 rosters played for club programs that you've never heard of. Go with the cheapest for some exposure and supplement with individual showcases and college prospect days. Trust me, I've just been through it.

You are correct, and thank you. Great post.

I just went through it as well. My son did not play for any of the "big" clubs, he is now recruited to an excellent D1 school with a very nice scholarship. He was seen at recruiting camps, not club play!

I tend to agree with the post. BUT..Your child is only going to get better if he plays with “better” players and gets “better” coaching. Most high schools do not provide one or the other or both.
The “bigger” clubs tend to get “better” players that help your child get “better”. Obviously there are exceptions, but this seems to be the trend over the past few years since we have become obsessed with getting our children some sort of scholarship for lacrosse.

I agree with you partly, but I have seen it go both ways. Sometimes the best players just dominate the teams. They won't even pass the ball to certain teamates. That does not help a kid get "better". All the training in the world will not make a kid great. It is part natural ability, part skill, and mostly desire of the kid, not the parent. That part can't be forced. You know your kid really wants it when you have to tell him to come inside because all he wants to do is practice lax. When he does come inside, he goes right to the computer and studies film. I wish all the players the best of luck, and I really do feel that most of the teams out there are doing a great job with the kids and it is not really that important which one you are on, in fact some of the "best clubs" are actually the worst choice unless your kid is a superstar. From what I see, it's the parents that are most concerned about who wins, the kids just want to enjoy the game and each other.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It's encouraging to read your post, but can you give some advice on the best ways to get your son "seen", and recruited, if he's not a "stud"? Let's say he's a B to B+ player, on a B team, with a reputable travel program.

I've heard the best thing to do is to try to come up with 3 or 4 schools that he might want to go to, and send him to camps at those specific schools, if they have them.

I know there are showcases you can go to, but my son's only in 7th grade, so I'm not very familiar with them yet (is it Jake Reed, etc?). I think they're by invitation, or tryout, and they're probably geared toward the "studs" that you mentioned.

Other than that, I guess you have to be relentless with emailing coaches, sending them video, and hope that they'll come watch him play at one of the summer tournaments?

Any input, or serious advice, would be greatly appreciated (obviously, from you too CageSage!). Thanks.
The idea of a player being a "stud" makes it obvious to many coaches and parents that the player could be recruited by any top ten team nationally. Given that your son is currently a seventh grader, you have at least two years of preparation time to evaluate where your student-athlete might truly sit in terms of skill.

As a seventh grader (a Class of 2019 graduate), your student is still too young to qualify for individual showcases that we have posted here on BOTC from K&J/Red Storm, but the team might want to consider the Mustang Tournament in November. This would not necessarily be for recruiting your son, but rather to see how the recruitment process works in the older grades. Seeing a recruiting event in action, particularly here on Long Island, will greatly help your individual preparations.

Regarding mailing video, please note that the days of VHS tapes and DVD highlight discs are well and truly over. If you choose to do a highlight reel, distributing a 120-180 second clip as a YouTube (or similar) video is the most efficient way to e-mail coaches with your footage. Remember however that college coaches will rarely spend much time on such footage and will never make a recruiting decision based on the footage alone.

Finally, keep inviting coaches to tournaments with your schedules, travel directions, and details. While they will not respond to you due to NCAA Regulations, it is always possible that one coach will be at an event and stop by the field. Once, that happens, the entire team will get a lift and everyone will get more focused on controlling the rcruiting cycle.

We hope that these ideas help you and good luck as you start down the recruiting road.

(PS - Notice we never discussed which team you were representing, the club for which your son plays, or the cost of the program.)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just went through it as well. My son did not play for any of the "big" clubs, he is now recruited to an excellent D1 school with a very nice scholarship. He was seen at recruiting camps, not club play!

I tend to agree with the post. BUT..Your child is only going to get better if he plays with “better” players and gets “better” coaching. Most high schools do not provide one or the other or both.
The “bigger” clubs tend to get “better” players that help your child get “better”. Obviously there are exceptions, but this seems to be the trend over the past few years since we have become obsessed with getting our children some sort of scholarship for lacrosse.

makes me wonder what planet you people are living on. did you know that a fully funded program has 12.1 scholarships spread across the entire team? so you'e talking maybe 1/4 which doesn't account for much. most people will get more in financial aid packages based on income and need. stop talking about scholarship $$ because it makes you sound dumb. it's all about gettiing into a school that otherwise may be unreachable.

I may be "dumb" but my son will have half of his tuition paid at a top notch school. Sorry you did not do as well:(

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

makes me wonder what planet you people are living on. did you know that a fully funded program has 12.1 scholarships spread across the entire team? so you'e talking maybe 1/4 which doesn't account for much. most people will get more in financial aid packages based on income and need. stop talking about scholarship $$ because it makes you sound dumb. it's all about gettiing into a school that otherwise may be unreachable.

Actually it's 12.6 for boys and 12 for girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

The idea of a player being a "stud" makes it obvious to many coaches and parents that the player could be recruited by any top ten team nationally. Given that your son is currently a seventh grader, you have at least two years of preparation time to evaluate where your student-athlete might truly sit in terms of skill.

As a seventh grader (a Class of 2019 graduate), your student is still too young to qualify for individual showcases that we have posted here on BOTC from K&J/Red Storm, but the team might want to consider the Mustang Tournament in November. This would not necessarily be for recruiting your son, but rather to see how the recruitment process works in the older grades. Seeing a recruiting event in action, particularly here on Long Island, will greatly help your individual preparations.

Regarding mailing video, please note that the days of VHS tapes and DVD highlight discs are well and truly over. If you choose to do a highlight reel, distributing a 120-180 second clip as a YouTube (or similar) video is the most efficient way to e-mail coaches with your footage. Remember however that college coaches will rarely spend much time on such footage and will never make a recruiting decision based on the footage alone.

Finally, keep inviting coaches to tournaments with your schedules, travel directions, and details. While they will not respond to you due to NCAA Regulations, it is always possible that one coach will be at an event and stop by the field. Once, that happens, the entire team will get a lift and everyone will get more focused on controlling the rcruiting cycle.

We hope that these ideas help you and good luck as you start down the recruiting road.

(PS - Notice we never discussed which team you were representing, the club for which your son plays, or the cost of the program.)

Cage - Thanks very much for the advice, and informative response! Do you agree that travelling to summer camps at a few colleges he thinks he likes, might be the best way to get interest from coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that thank you. How about "recruiting camps" referred to above? Can you(or anyone else) give thoughts on these camps? What camps? How does a kid get into the camps? Need coach recommendations? try-outs? sign-up? Thanks for any thoughts. Son a freshman in high school.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage - Thanks very much for the advice, and informative response! Do you agree that travelling to summer camps at a few colleges he thinks he likes, might be the best way to get interest from coaches?
BOTC's general feeling on "college camps" echoes what has been discussed on the BOTC College Forum and our sister site's BOTN College Forum. For very young players, approach a camp offered by a college coach as a training opportunity and skills improvement alone. In seventh grade, you are not being recruited or scouted at any level as yet. Given that, approach the camp as a value-for-money proposition where your son (or daughter) can realize the most growth in their game in a positive environment.

When heading into the High School years, our view slightly changes. Use the college camp circuit as an opportunity to further showcase your student-athlete's talent after the attending college coaches have specifically seen your son or daughter at a tournament or showcase event. Be sure that the coach has already placed your High School aged son or daughter on the recruiting radar before further considering a camp at the specific school. Obviously, all of this activity is contingent upon that particular university being in the Top Ten Academic and Athletic options being considered by the student-athlete and his/her family.

We hope that this information is helpful.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I second that thank you. How about "recruiting camps" referred to above? Can you(or anyone else) give thoughts on these camps? What camps? How does a kid get into the camps? Need coach recommendations? try-outs? sign-up? Thanks for any thoughts. Son a freshman in high school.
Your situation is more "advanced" than our previous poster with your son now in ninth grade. At this point, some preliminary work on the college selection list can begin. This does not need to narrow down the list to specific schools, but here is what you can start to consider :
  • Is my child considering being "away" from home or staying close? If living away from home, how far is acceptable? In my family, we set the Philadelphia/New [lacrosse]/Boston corridor as the core target of our search to give you an example of what we are implying.
  • Where is your student-athlete's academic performance? If you are not currently on an AP-track or IB-track with your High School planning, that will imply that you will not be taking your school's most rigorous courses. Many colleges will take that into consideration along with your GPA in the academic process so when considering schools in the Top 50 Academically of US News and World Reports (just released the 2014 Edition), be sure to be realistic.
  • Consult with the College Board web site on your PSAT or PLAN (pre-ACT) scores for possible admission to your target schools.
  • What level of lacrosse can your student-athlete play? Watch some local college games, televised games, or attend a local showcase to gauge where your child's performance might be.
These steps can be the first ones taken towards answering the "which camps should my son attend" question. School first, athletics second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Caveat - my opinion:

Best individual showcases listed in order of importance (all invite-only, typically with coach recommendation required before invite):

Summer: Maverick Showcase, Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip, Black Card, Top 205
Fall: Philly Showcase, National 175, Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip

Aside from the individual showcases, it is critical to go to select college prospect days on campus at schools your son is interested in/where they have interest in him. This is where the relationships with coaches are deepened and you son can determine if he likes the school and coaches. Also, the showcases above are focused on D1 potential kids. There is a different list for D2/D3 potential kids. Hope this helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Caveat - my opinion:

Best individual showcases listed in order of importance (all invite-only, typically with coach recommendation required before invite):

Aside from the individual showcases, it is critical to go to select college prospect days on campus at schools your son is interested in/where they have interest in him. This is where the relationships with coaches are deepened and you son can determine if he likes the school and coaches. Also, the showcases above are focused on D1 potential kids. There is a different list for D2/D3 potential kids. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your opinion and suggestions. Any idea where I can find the list for D2/D3 type kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC's general feeling on "college camps" echoes what has been discussed on the BOTC College Forum and our sister site's BOTN College Forum. For very young players, approach a camp offered by a college coach as a training opportunity and skills improvement alone. In seventh grade, you are not being recruited or scouted at any level as yet. Given that, approach the camp as a value-for-money proposition where your son (or daughter) can realize the most growth in their game in a positive environment.

When heading into the High School years, our view slightly changes. Use the college camp circuit as an opportunity to further showcase your student-athlete's talent after the attending college coaches have specifically seen your son or daughter at a tournament or showcase event. Be sure that the coach has already placed your High School aged son or daughter on the recruiting radar before further considering a camp at the specific school. Obviously, all of this activity is contingent upon that particular university being in the Top Ten Academic and Athletic options being considered by the student-athlete and his/her family.

We hope that this information is helpful.

Yes, it was extremely helpful, for my 7th grade son's situation, as was your advice to the parent with the 9th grader, which is my daughter's grade! Now I have to print these pages, so I can save them for future reference, as a guideline. There's so much to think about, it can make your head spin. This discussion, is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the TG vs YJ banter I'm used to seeing! Ha! Thanks again Cage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it's 12.6 for boys and 12 for girls

Compared to 80 for D1 football...crazy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster might have been off by .5 but his point is a valid one. It's all about getting into a better academic school, not scholarship $$. And don't really get your football point - conference make huge tv $$ plus they carry over 100 on their teams. Can't really compare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is in the middle of it right now and i can say every situation is different and you need to be ready for everything. I know a 2015 and a 2013 that signed with Cornell that only played town team summer ball, both played for good high school programs and both had HS coaches that worked hard for them so they did not need "Elite Travel" that worked for them. I know a few kids that all the calls are going through an Express coach and I know others that all the calls went through the HS coach. Individual camps are the place to be found if you are not on the radar yet and making the all star game will put you on a lot of radar screens but if you are on the board they will come and see you whether it is with your elite summer team of your HS summer team and they may like a teammate better then the kid they came to see play. Play as much as you can in front of as many coaches as you can and play well when they come to see you play but there is no right and wrong it is part luck and part perseverance. In my own son's case he had a list of ten schools that he e-mailed from the beginning of last summer he is now down to three schools and only one was on the original list, the other two found him, so in our case all the e-mailing and sending highlight film was a waist of time, for others it might have been the most important thing so you never know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is in the middle of it right now and i can say every situation is different and you need to be ready for everything. I know a 2015 and a 2013 that signed with Cornell that only played town team summer ball, both played for good high school programs and both had HS coaches that worked hard for them so they did not need "Elite Travel" that worked for them. I know a few kids that all the calls are going through an Express coach and I know others that all the calls went through the HS coach. Individual camps are the place to be found if you are not on the radar yet and making the all star game will put you on a lot of radar screens but if you are on the board they will come and see you whether it is with your elite summer team of your HS summer team and they may like a teammate better then the kid they came to see play. Play as much as you can in front of as many coaches as you can and play well when they come to see you play but there is no right and wrong it is part luck and part perseverance. In my own son's case he had a list of ten schools that he e-mailed from the beginning of last summer he is now down to three schools and only one was on the original list, the other two found him, so in our case all the e-mailing and sending highlight film was a waist of time, for others it might have been the most important thing so you never know

appreciate your insight but you sound like running for office!! "I did this, but you should try that! " Give me a break. Get a backbone. Don't waste or mislead our time with your opinion if you're not willing to be truthful. Especially about "town players". NO ONE CARES IF YoU PLAY ON TOWN TEAMS. Town teams just don't get the exposure to the TOP coaches from the TOP teams.. But then again, everything is relative. Just saying.
I say PICK YOUR SCHOOLS REALISTICALLY, AKA ACADEMICS. Form your list. From there contact coaches and put on full court press. You're wasting your time if you are approaching schools not in your son's hemisphere academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Caveat - my opinion:

Where do we find the list for D2/D3 potential kids?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

BOTC is jumping into this discussion to inject our perspective. Often times, we will see questions both here on BOTC and our other youth sports messages boards that ask, "Where can I showcase for the NCAA Division II and Division III coaches?" The logic here is that the student-athlete can play a series of games and then choose from amongst the colleges that attended to decide on their university interest lists.

We believe that this process is completely backwards. While it might feel logical, this is self-selecting a school based on the wrong criteria : what adult coaches attended a showcase event.

Start by identifying the schools in which you have a genuine interest using resources such as College Board (academic filtering) or the NCAA web site (athletics filtering). If you arm yourself with a target listing, you can begin to ask the coaches at those schools where there will be recruiting over the next year. Alternatively, you can look at many showcase web sites and see the coaches that attended the previous year.

In short, there is no web site (of which we are aware) dedicated to Division II and Division III lacrosse recruiting. (Ironically, there is one for Division III men's and women's soccer, but not lacrosse as yet.) Therefore, some additional legwork is needed by parents to walk this path, but the work put into the process will better prepare you for the recruiting efforts ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Caveat - my opinion:

The Sting have a proven track record of helping players with recruiting towards D3 high academic standard schools

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Sting have a proven track record of helping players with recruiting towards D3 high academic standard schools
Extremely fair point - the Long Island Sting and their directors have historically focused on the NESCAC Schools in Division III which are not for the academically weak student-athlete.

From this list, Tufts is the only University and ranks 28th is the US News and World Reports rankings.

Among liberal arts colleges, Williams (#1), Amherst (#2), Middlebury (#4), and Bowdoin (#6) are the HYPS of this class of school.

(*) = [Williams, Amherst, Bowdoin, Wesleyan], Bates, Colby, Hamilton, Middlebury, Trinity, Tufts, Connecticut College

[] = Founding Four Members of NESCAC

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Besides, how can you not like an athletic conference that includes the Lord Jeffs, the Ephs, the Jumbos, the Camels, the White Mules, the Continentals, and the Polar Bears?

Side note #1 : For those who do not know, the Tufts University teams are known as the "Jumbos". This comes from their founding based on a major grant from P.T. Barnum (yes, of circus fame).

Side note #2 : It is not unusual to see the school newspaper with sports headlines such as "Jumbo Women Roll Over Competition in <Your Sport Here>".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks much Cage - great advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

appreciate your insight but you sound like running for office!! "I did this, but you should try that! " Give me a break. Get a backbone. Don't waste or mislead our time with your opinion if you're not willing to be truthful. Especially about "town players". NO ONE CARES IF YoU PLAY ON TOWN TEAMS. Town teams just don't get the exposure to the TOP coaches from the TOP teams.. But then again, everything is relative. Just saying.
I say PICK YOUR SCHOOLS REALISTICALLY, AKA ACADEMICS. Form your list. From there contact coaches and put on full court press. You're wasting your time if you are approaching schools not in your son's hemisphere academically.

I think you should read the post a little more carefully. The OP prefaces the post with "every situation is different and you need to be ready for everything". How is that lacking backbone? Should he have said "this is what I did so you need to do the same"? Are you looking for a step-by-step recipe? He gave some examples of those different situations. They may or may not have been helpful to you but how were they not truthful?

"Town teams just don't get the exposure to the TOP coaches from the TOP teams." Again, that is not what he said. He said that the players came from a town team but had a strong HS program and coach that worked hard for them, as opposed to an elite club. There are also strong town programs that feed into strong HS programs. Many players (I know of 3) used this path. Again, your mileage may very.

I do agree with you that you need to be realistic about the academics but I also agree with the OP that you need to be aware that there different means to an end and you need to be flexible.

Just saying...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you should read the post a little more carefully. The OP prefaces the post with "every situation is different and you need to be ready for everything". How is that lacking backbone? Should he have said "this is what I did so you need to do the same"? Are you looking for a step-by-step recipe? He gave some examples of those different situations. They may or may not have been helpful to you but how were they not truthful?

"Town teams just don't get the exposure to the TOP coaches from the TOP teams." Again, that is not what he said. He said that the players came from a town team but had a strong HS program and coach that worked hard for them, as opposed to an elite club. There are also strong town programs that feed into strong HS programs. Many players (I know of 3) used this path. Again, your mileage may very.

I do agree with you that you need to be realistic about the academics but I also agree with the OP that you need to be aware that there different means to an end and you need to be flexible.

Just saying...

If you are a strong D-1 level athlete it doesn't matter where you go, the coaches will find you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wrote the original post and I would like to add this - my son was seen at Jake Reed, Maverick Showtime and UA tryouts as well as summer tournaments with both his travel team and his HS summer team and every e-mail we sent out included the name - e-mail and phone for both his club and HS coach, he has been contacted by more the 10 D1 schools and "Recruited" by 3 schools that would be considered top 10 programs and every one of the schools contacted his HS coach and not a single one contacted his club coach.

Personally I would never have given up the club experience because it was fun and he got to play with and become friends with kids he never would have met while also playing great lacrosse with exceptional players but it is way to soon to discount HS summer teams and HS coaches.

Again, I would say to try and figure out what works best for your particular situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wrote the original post and I would like to add this - my son was seen at Jake Reed, Maverick Showtime and UA tryouts as well as summer tournaments with both his travel team and his HS summer team and every e-mail we sent out included the name - e-mail and phone for both his club and HS coach, he has been contacted by more the 10 D1 schools and "Recruited" by 3 schools that would be considered top 10 programs and every one of the schools contacted his HS coach and not a single one contacted his club coach.

Personally I would never have given up the club experience because it was fun and he got to play with and become friends with kids he never would have met while also playing great lacrosse with exceptional players but it is way to soon to discount HS summer teams and HS coaches.

Again, I would say to try and figure out what works best for your particular situation.

The same exact thing happened to my son, minus Jake Reed and UA. He had tons of interest and committed to a top program with a very good scholarship (much more than expected!) . All commuication was through HS coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Express 2017 Wolverines an A,B,orC team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last summer the 2017 express pecking order was:

A- Turtles
B- Terps Black
C- Terps
D- Wolverines
E- Piranas

May be different this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A- Turtles
B- Terps Black
C- Terps
D- Wolverines
E- Piranas

This is the correct order:

A- Turtles
B- Terps Black
C- Terps
D- Piranas
E- Wolverines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A- Turtles
B- Terps Black
C- Terps
D- Wolverines
E- Piranas

This is the correct order:

A- Turtles
B- Terps Black
C- Terps
D- Piranas
E- Wolverines

and with that the message will now start on how Turtles are not Express. It will be like reading posts from 6 months ago all over again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of silly because the 5th grade A team is call the Wolverines. Orange, Blue and White was a lot easier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're saying this years 2 2021 are 2 A teams - starting all over because the A team was terrible and the B team even worse. Blew up last years B team and bringning in all new boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're saying this years 2 2021 are 2 A teams - starting all over because the A team was terrible and the B team even worse. Blew up last years B team and bringning in all new boys.

I dont care what they are saying. the B team was horrid last year and suddenly we are supposed to believe they have two A teams ? Every organization says that crap . MEanwhile the playing time situation on the A team was ridiculous and half the teams left. SOme good players that other clubs pursued hard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont care what they are saying. the B team was horrid last year and suddenly we are supposed to believe they have two A teams ? Every organization says that crap . MEanwhile the playing time situation on the A team was ridiculous and half the teams left. SOme good players that other clubs pursued hard

Beware. I know kids that were "B" players who did turn down Express to play for other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard an Express 2017 committed

Like Reply Quote
A