BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,702
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 118 of 132 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What options do the juniors at Gcs and garrison have for next year? Not sure they will have enough to even field a team. Doubt many will even want to go to garrison as freshman. The coaches don’t even go to practices or cancel them altogether. Not even about winning. My daughter just wants to finish with her friends.
What coach is canceling practices all together. What coaches don’t show up at practice. Can’t imagine you’re talking about either head coach. Are both programs folding? Why wouldn’t your daughter be able to finish at either school.

Why would you want to keep your kid at a school where the possibility of having a team next year is unknown, especially if they are even considering playing in college! Neither school has a jv team.
Answering a question with a question. Come on now. Aren’t you a grown-up? None of that answers any of the questions I asked. What coaches are canceling practices? What coaches are not showing up at practices? Are both programs folding? If they’re not folding why wouldn’t your daughter be able to finish at either school. Those are the questions in case you didn’t understand the first time. Making statements that coaches are canceling practices and not showing up to practices is not ok if there’s no truth behind it.

Ask GFS players. You will get all answers.

Isn't this a similar pattern with these coaches?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school girls lacrosse in Howard County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, AA County is all pretty good lacrosse, if your concerned about your daughter not having a team next year send your daughter to her local high school, so counties even let you pick your high school. Recruiting is done out of club lacrosse. There are great players in going to great colleges from private and public high schools in MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GFS AD is a former D1 coach and their current coach is a former D1 coach (i know she didn't last anywhere, but she was there). I highly doubt they would invest in those 2 people if lacrosse in the A wasn't a priority. Maybe 5x has been given some slack to bring in her own players and have poor seasons for a few years until she does. I just don't think they are dropping to B or not fielding a team anytime soon.

GCS on the other hand seems to be deemphasizing athletics, and a move to B probably makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like someone called this a while ago. Their reputation precedes them.

[quote=Anonymous]RP is a well coached team. There is talk that this may be the last year Garrison has a team with more than half of the team graduating and nobody new coming in and no jv team.

Plus she's a 5 time National Champ....

Jesus- C2's been hanging her hat on this for 25 years. The reality is that she's been fired from (in no particular order) UMBC, SPSG and Arizona State (with a fun little lawsuit to boot.) She's never kept an assistant for more than a season (other than her husband) and ask anyone at her "club team" how organized or well run it is. But if you want to run into that burning building, by all means go ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GFS AD is a former D1 coach and their current coach is a former D1 coach (i know she didn't last anywhere, but she was there). I highly doubt they would invest in those 2 people if lacrosse in the A wasn't a priority. Maybe 5x has been given some slack to bring in her own players and have poor seasons for a few years until she does. I just don't think they are dropping to B or not fielding a team anytime soon.

GCS on the other hand seems to be deemphasizing athletics, and a move to B probably makes sense.

Where is GFS going to get the players to fill the openings left by 14 graduating seniors? No JV to pull from. And they aren’t the only school throwing money around or have boarding. The schools that do, are much better and offer an opportunity to win now and not take lumps for years.

And is 5X really there for the long haul? Her track record doesn’t indicate she is. And if she is missing practices, her commitment isn’t there.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AD is a joke too. She has done nothing to help program grow in 3 years there. New coaches will be old coaches soon and you can’t tell me players are just gonna show up to play for a losing school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AD is a joke too. She has done nothing to help program grow in 3 years there. New coaches will be old coaches soon and you can’t tell me players are just gonna show up to play for a losing school.

Well you can thank the current 24 parents who lobbied hard to get rid of the prior AD. Always meddling and look at the results

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 1 practice was missed for her own child’s play?

Nothing wrong with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough already with the teams that might not be able to field a team next year. Let’s focus on the ones that will be. What happened to ndp? I thought last year was just a down year for them but their last 4 games have been - barely beating 2 bottom teams in mds and mercy followed by a running clock to start the second half against spsg and closing the week losing to winless Roland park. Is it talent, coaching, leadership?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with that.

Losing every game so far this year is what’s wrong. They made the playoffs last year with essentially the same lineup.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with that.

Not if you want your team to buy in. Would she allow a player to take off the day before a game and still start and play. Not a good look and not the only practice before a game they didn’t attend.

The previous AD was let go by the school because she only cared about the team she coached. Truth is GFS is a fit for many top lax players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough already with the teams that might not be able to field a team next year. Let’s focus on the ones that will be. What happened to ndp? I thought last year was just a down year for them but their last 4 games have been - barely beating 2 bottom teams in mds and mercy followed by a running clock to start the second half against spsg and closing the week losing to winless Roland park. Is it talent, coaching, leadership?

They should pull up the talented freshman who they relegated to JV based solely on grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with that.

Not if you want your team to buy in. Would she allow a player to take off the day before a game and still start and play. Not a good look and not the only practice before a game they didn’t attend.

The previous AD was let go by the school because she only cared about the team she coached. Truth is GFS is a fit for many top lax players.

The new AD is so frustrated, she volunteered to step in and help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Spalding player ? I heard she was in an awful car crash on Easter Sunday with her 4 siblings and her brother was the driver. I hope her and her family know the lacrosse community is thinking about her and her family. We hope she will return to lacrosse soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her brother is also on the Varsity lacrosse team at Spalding. Their 10 year old brother was airlifted as well as the brother driving. Not sure how they are doing but hopefully doing better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Spalding player ? I heard she was in an awful car crash on Easter Sunday with her 4 siblings and her brother was the driver. I hope her and her family know the lacrosse community is thinking about her and her family. We hope she will return to lacrosse soon.
Oh no. Hope everyone is/will be ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should pull up the talented freshman who they relegated to JV based solely on grade.

That program always has good talent and always underperforms. They could find a great new coach in a heartbeat. But the school just doesn't care.

SPSG and McD appreciates their indifference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those must be some really talented freshman since ndp scored 5 goals total against RPCS and I heard they only had 1 goal until the last few minutes against SPSG and the last 3 were scored in [Censored] time against non starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with that.

So big of her. Doesn’t look like she helped get the coach up to speed to start since she was on staff last year. Little late and unless she has a miracle they will be one of the bottom 2 and missing playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with that.

So big of her. Doesn’t look like she helped get the coach up to speed to start since she was on staff last year. Little late and unless she has a miracle they will be one of the bottom 2 and missing playoffs.

When you hire a former D1 coach who is from the area and knows the girls on the team because they are her daughters age, why would the AD feel the need to get her up to speed or volunteer as an assistant. That’s not the role of an AD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because she was also a former coach and the ADs should do what they can to help all her programs. Whether passing on helpful info or jumping in to help the build. Everyone there knows they are on shaky ground after the 24s leave. Providing playing opportunities on teams brings in future recruits. What kid will enroll there not knowing if they will have a team or be competitive ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What excuse will MG give for losing to Darien this time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are young and inexperienced. Still learning how to play together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because she was also a former coach and the ADs should do what they can to help all her programs. Whether passing on helpful info or jumping in to help the build. Everyone there knows they are on shaky ground after the 24s leave. Providing playing opportunities on teams brings in future recruits. What kid will enroll there not knowing if they will have a team or be competitive ?

Whatever the reasons, this is sad for the girls on the team and the league as a whole. With the talent they have, I expected them to build on last year and be a top 6 team again. Possibly even knoeck off one of the top teams. They are scoring plenty of goals. They are just giving up way too many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What excuse will MG give for losing to Darien this time?
She won’t have one. She wasn’t expected to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough loss for SPSG. That one got away. Bad second half. Will McD fair better this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with that.

When you hire a former D1 coach who is from the area and knows the girls on the team because they are her daughters age, why would the AD feel the need to get her up to speed or volunteer as an assistant. That’s not the role of an AD.

It’s obvious the coach didn’t know the girls that well. GFS is a dumpster fire right now. Any coach that’s any good is not 0-7 with the schedule they have had so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if Spalding player will play tomorrow against MCD. Should be interesting to see if she plays or sits out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with that.

It’s obvious the coach didn’t know the girls that well. GFS is a dumpster fire right now. Any coach that’s any good is not 0-7 with the schedule they have had so far.

Certainly not with the talent they have. The attack/midfield has the twins who are going to UVA, another senior going to Denver, a junior going to Florida, and the middie going to Navy. They have enough other girls on D and in goal to be a middle of the pack team, at worst. It’s a shame for the program to fall of the map so quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is expected to win the GFS vs. Gerstell tonight? Has either won any?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if Spalding player will play tomorrow against MCD. Should be interesting to see if she plays or sits out.

No, it is not interesting. No need to discuss their business on this board. They all will be fine. You can move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn lost to RPCS. Severn is in the running for last place as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gfs should win easily but won’t. Gerstell is a B team and hadn’t won for 2 years. They have a small squad and no jv either so they are mirror images of each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gfs should win easily but won’t. Gerstell is a B team and hadn’t won for 2 years. They have a small squad and no jv either so they are mirror images of each other.
SO WHO WON?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding-McD and Maryvale-SPSG tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did. 16-8. Gerstell is a B team for a reason. Them beating Severn is more a sign of how bad Severn is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why I'm even entertaining this as I'm sure everyone who posts here knows exactly where to get the information. Gerstell, now in the B league, lost to GFS. This was Gerstell's first loss of the year.

Goes to show you more teams should probably drop to B. Gerstell is going to run over all the B teams this year. Dropping a couple of the bottom A teams to B would be nice for a bit more competition, but egos are too big...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell beat Bryn Mawr too. They do not belong in B, should have been kept in A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding-McD and Maryvale-SPSG tomorrow.

Good preview of the playoff semifinals between those teams on May 8th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell beat Bryn Mawr too. They do not belong in B, should have been kept in A

I agree. That way teams have an easy choice for Senior Day.

Like Reply Quote
Page 118 of 132 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard