BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, except Express, none of those will exist in 2 years

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s it going into spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tuition comes with free Botox: rumor has it:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Riot and Warriors could beat out both Express teams… they are not complete AA teams. Talking to top program guy who echos what I have heard before: “big programs don’t care about little kids, they start to care for the WS.” He gave great advice to just enjoy it as it doesn’t mean anything till 10th grade.he said he’s seen parents and kids get destroyed at all levels… for no reason at all.
His kid won the WS on ESPN and he’s got 2 kids playing college ball. He also said to join his program for recruiting purposes to ride the wave.

So, will Stealth be intact for a WS go and beyond? The parents are loyal, but scholarships make loyalty expensive!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels parents are the worst

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’re did they get these team names from Pokeman!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think Riot and Warriors could beat out both Express teams… they are not complete AA teams. Talking to top program guy who echos what I have heard before: “big programs don’t care about little kids, they start to care for the WS.” He gave great advice to just enjoy it as it doesn’t mean anything till 10th grade.he said he’s seen parents and kids get destroyed at all levels… for no reason at all.
His kid won the WS on ESPN and he’s got 2 kids playing college ball. He also said to join his program for recruiting purposes to ride the wave.

So, will Stealth be intact for a WS go and beyond? The parents are loyal, but scholarships make loyalty expensive!

I think when 91 and express close the gap between themselves and stealth you will start to see some kids leave. Right now stealth is much better than those 2 teams. So it’s tough to leave for a team that isn’t that good. 91 and express are working very hard behind the scenes to improve their teams. They won’t stay down for long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does S2S and Igloo shake out? Both solid teams. Is there enough talent to go around 5 teams? I am leaving Express East out because they are a community team with express having tentacles to pull kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to the 91 takeover in Florida later this month?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to the 91 takeover in Florida later this month?

God no

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who are the best B teams at this age group? ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore to shore parents are losers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer igloo/shore question. Based on past history, the top 2-3 players on those teams in the next year or so will seek greener pastures. They will more than likely end up at Express. Better coaching, better opportunity long term (high-school) and better exposure/visibility (NLF, College). Nothing wrong with Shore or Igloo, but it’s for the second tier player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best B teams in 2 years will be Igloo, S2S and Stealth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] ]To answer igloo/shore question. Based on past history, the top 2-3 players on those teams in the next year or so will seek greener pastures. They will more than likely end up at Express. Better coaching, better opportunity long term (high-school) and better exposure/visibility (NLF, College). Nothing wrong with Shore or Igloo, but it’s for the second tier player.[/quote]

The above statement is not true. The current 2031 Express coaching/teams cannot even compare themselves to Igloo or S2S coaching staff or team talent. We all know Express has a great reputation overall but the Express Chucks cannot compete at the moment with Rebels, Igloo Winter Soldiers or S2S. At this age, it’s about learning and getting the best coaching for your child. I know the top players from Igloo and S2S are not looking to leave. Express just wishes they would…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] ]To answer igloo/shore question. Based on past history, the top 2-3 players on those teams in the next year or so will seek greener pastures. They will more than likely end up at Express. Better coaching, better opportunity long term (high-school) and better exposure/visibility (NLF, College). Nothing wrong with Shore or Igloo, but it’s for the second tier player.

The above statement is not true. The current 2031 Express coaching/teams cannot even compare themselves to Igloo or S2S coaching staff or team talent. We all know Express has a great reputation overall but the Express Chucks cannot compete at the moment with Rebels, Igloo Winter Soldiers or S2S. At this age, it’s about learning and getting the best coaching for your child. I know the top players from Igloo and S2S are not looking to leave. Express just wishes they would…[/quote]

Why would they want to leave those teams. Both of them are winning top tourneys. They get more training and tourneys for less money then express probably. Express hasn’t done winter tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s pretty accurate. Igloo just can’t hang as teams get older. People leave for better coaching and competition. Igloo plays a B schedule when they get to high school. Other teams play top teams and tourneys. The parents on the these teams will have their eyes opened as they progress through the world of LI youth Lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should go play for Rush! The head coach needs a new boat!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean. I know from my own experience with playing for a top club team then college as well as other family members playing for club teams only thing that actually matters is getting really good at lacrosse. What team or what tournaments you play in has nothing to do with it. If you’re kids good enough they will get noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great points, larger programs act as they are the only show in town. I have to wonder if the old style is being usurped by these younger programs that are playing top level lax because they put time to develop kids and now built a team over several seasons. I sort of doubt that all allegiance will go out the window when the Titans decide next yr to “reboot.” They maybe SOL. How much athletic talent is there? Yes they were in a positive feedback loop, but these younger programs have been grooming their kids/families for years.

CoachC Express did beat stealth, but got clobbered everywhere else. Basing everything on the Aces falling apart is a bit naive as there of course were other factors. Bottom line is lax is the ultramarine sport: gd teams are positive feedback loops by definition. Those top programs are late to their own show!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 RULES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great points, larger programs act as they are the only show in town. I have to wonder if the old style is being usurped by these younger programs that are playing top level lax because they put time to develop kids and now built a team over several seasons. I sort of doubt that all allegiance will go out the window when the Titans decide next yr to “reboot.” They maybe SOL. How much athletic talent is there? Yes they were in a positive feedback loop, but these younger programs have been grooming their kids/families for years.

CoachC Express did beat stealth, but got clobbered everywhere else. Basing everything on the Aces falling apart is a bit naive as there of course were other factors. Bottom line is lax is the ultramarine sport: gd teams are positive feedback loops by definition. Those top programs are late to their own show!

No one will “reboot” till 8th or 9th grade. 91 and Express will go national. They don’t need other LI kids to migrate like in the past. Kids from TX, FL, or GA will do just fine when they fly in. The days of sending 15 to 18 LI kids from one team to premier college lax programs are over. Enjoy these younger years with less movement and make some friends and enjoy some wins along the way. After 7th grade it will become more cut throat than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express kids are 91 leftovers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s funny people that bad mouth 91 always show up at the tryouts with their kids! I guess everybody has a dream!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s funny people that bad mouth 91 always show up at the tryouts with their kids! I guess everybody has a dream!

91 has a great tryout camp. Not bad for a workout for your kid. For years people have thought that 91 and Express were the only 2 top options around. It has become clear that there are other teams at different age groups that not only compete with those two but often beat them consistently. It is about finding a club where your child will have a great overall experience. Find a program where your son is valued and is continuing to improve and enjoy the game. Every club is in it to make money. They are all big businesses, and you are the customer. Spend your money as you see fit.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well said, and absolutely true!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax guy, we understand! You didn’t have to work so hard trying to justify in your mind why your kid got crushed at the 91 tryout!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels, Igloo then Chucks( huge improvement)
S2S isn’t on the same level. They barely beat some bad NJ teams this fall. Rebels have solid core, but this summer will be a test with other teams understanding how to stop their core kid. Best of luck everyone this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is going to surprise a few

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is going to surprise a few

Yeah? You think they’ll beat another team of pre-teen players which has no bearing on anything? Do tell!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S will be a wagon! Going to dominate 5th grade lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean. I know from my own experience with playing for a top club team then college as well as other family members playing for club teams only thing that actually matters is getting really good at lacrosse. What team or what tournaments you play in has nothing to do with it. If you’re kids good enough they will get noticed.

Wow that’s so great! Please tell us more about your awesome experience!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 parents are by far the worst! And now they don’t even win !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard S2S face off kid left. They are solid 3-4 on Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 parents are by far the worst! And now they don’t even win !

You’re way worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s why I love being a 91 parent, the game hasn’t even started and we already get under your skin! That’s because you know your kids team is inferior!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any one going to do the Adidas All State Games tryouts or is it to early for this age group. I know about APEX and PLL Jr. Know 7th and 8th they can start getting access to the bigger events. not on a team that will be going to NAL or NLF this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any one going to do the Adidas All State Games tryouts or is it to early for this age group. I know about APEX and PLL Jr. Know 7th and 8th they can start getting access to the bigger events. not on a team that will be going to NAL or NLF this year

If you just want some extra lacrosse then I’m sure it’s fine. But events like these are money grabs. The competition and coaching will subpar at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to worry about the new S2S FO. He takes FO s on the circuit.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard