BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,844
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Club Lax who runs the rankings has the power to separate the two, Club vs National. I would expect they will draw a line in the sand soon based on the feedback folks are providing. Nothing wrong with National teams, but they need their own bucket.

What's the definition of a National team? Kids who don't live in the same city? The same state? Should it be the 100 mile radius like WS? How many fly ins are permitted? WCS is a national team but isn't considered one. How many Sweetlax FL players actually live in FL. It's close to zero at the older ages.

I don't disagree with your/others wishes but wonder how this gets policed

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that lacrosse isn’t as popular in other regions, right? National teams allow these athletes to compete from areas that don't have 10 travel teams in one county. The best require video or other recommendations and you usually don't hear about them until they are beating up on your branded team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Lax who runs the rankings has the power to separate the two, Club vs National. I would expect they will draw a line in the sand soon based on the feedback folks are providing. Nothing wrong with National teams, but they need their own bucket.

What's the definition of a National team? Kids who don't live in the same city? The same state? Should it be the 100 mile radius like WS? How many fly ins are permitted? WCS is a national team but isn't considered one. How many Sweetlax FL players actually live in FL. It's close to zero at the older ages.

I don't disagree with your/others wishes but wonder how this gets policed

I'd up the minimum number of games played needed to qualify for USCL rankings. Most true teams play 25-30 games a year. The national teams do not because their players are playing on their primary teams.

Trying to police the actual rosters will be difficult. Raising the min games to qualify is relatively easy way to weed out the national all-star teams. Probably wouldn't help us this time of year because the National teams play mostly in the offseason winter months, but come spring and summer they would fall out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that lacrosse isn’t as popular in other regions, right? National teams allow these athletes to compete from areas that don't have 10 travel teams in one county. The best require video or other recommendations and you usually don't hear about them until they are beating up on your branded team.

I see Hawks, Next Level, and 3D NE kids on the Red Hots. I heard a Venom kid was playing with them in SandStorm. Hots is not just a group of kids from non-hotbead areas. C'mon.

I have no problem with the Hots, but lets not mischaracterize what they are about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see Hawks, Next Level, and 3D NE kids on the Red Hots. I heard a Venom kid was playing with them in SandStorm. Hots is not just a group of kids from non-hotbead areas. C'mon.

I have no problem with the Hots, but lets not mischaracterize what they are about.

The Hots are simply a team of assassins. Flat out. Holdback assassins.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red Hots are Holdback U!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red Hots are Holdback U!
2024 dad here, yep, checking out the boards but here is something I have learned along the way. The guy that just posted the above, his kid isnt any good but he really wants to live the lax dream. Holdbacks only matter to those that think they are where they are not. Anyone playing at the level that goes mid to high D1 will never mention holdback because their kid is good enough whether they are held back or not. So fella with the Hots are holdbacks, it doesnt matter. Focus on the messaging and Help Out The Seals…..extra credit for anyone that knows that reference is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, holdbacks are coming, nobody is safe in their current position. Express is infamous for bringing players down as the summer rolls. Last year at the Gauntlet in CT the 27s were an entirely new squad. Same thing will happen to the 28s. Express is going to have 76 players in the two team player pool!

Has already started at 91 Venom, just reclassed their goalie from 27 down to 28. And he was good at 27. Hypocrites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, holdbacks are coming, nobody is safe in their current position. Express is infamous for bringing players down as the summer rolls. Last year at the Gauntlet in CT the 27s were an entirely new squad. Same thing will happen to the 28s. Express is going to have 76 players in the two team player pool!

Has already started at 91 Venom, just reclassed their goalie from 27 down to 28. And he was good at 27. Hypocrites.

And because US Club Lax started with 28’s and younger with age verification the only group that is affected is the 28’s. Someone can reclass to be a 28 but most 28’s can’t reclass to 29. So Venom goalie may be screwed because of that reclass and have to leave the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots just put out the bat signal to build a roster to play in Maryland's HOCO league. Wow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s doesn’t really impact the 28s as much as one would think. It only lasts a year or so and once you hit high school the June 1 date is no longer valid at the club level. So this spring and next those younger 28s will have to [Censored] it up. I’m pretty sure the other venom goalie went to express 28, so although he left because of a reclass, he is still in a good spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And because US Club Lax started with 28’s and younger with age verification the only group that is affected is the 28’s. Someone can reclass to be a 28 but most 28’s can’t reclass to 29. So Venom goalie may be screwed because of that reclass and have to leave the team.
No, 2028 not impacted by the new rules. Only 2029 and below.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does include 28s. They are subject to the 6/1/2009 date. Once they hit u14 or high school it becomes void.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28’s are impacted because they can’t reclass but 27’s can reclass into 28! 28’s got screwed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’n not saying they are all

I’m not saying they are all made up of non hotbed area kids, but if you are still sitting around worrying about holdbacks in 8th grade then your son will struggle in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express will look like a different team come next season. Couple reclasses and a few top players from other teams coming over. Don’t get comfortable. Ya heard it hear first!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax moms are going to have to kick it up in high gear! Network ladies! Do whatever it takes to get Johnny playing time!! Maybe throw more money at the problem!! Bring you knives and ask for help when you need one pulled out of yours lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college live series website states that they will be selecting eighth graders as All-Star rising type players to be featured at halftime. Who’s doing the picking? Are these the preordained kids that have connections through parents and coaches, or maybe parents that are coaches?
Just curious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound very sensitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever it takes! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college live series website states that they will be selecting eighth graders as All-Star rising type players to be featured at halftime. Who’s doing the picking? Are these the preordained kids that have connections through parents and coaches, or maybe parents that are coaches?
Just curious

Of course, 91 coaches already making calls for their kids. When is the last time 91 cut a coaches kid? Never!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reclasses/holdbacks are everywhere including LI- just not the norm for the 2028 class yet. Who cares though? If your kid can't hold his own with a kid who is 1 year older at this point, you have bigger problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 1/3 of the kids on Venom will be from outstate in the next year or two if they keep on dropping in the rankings. Just look at the older 91 teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reclasses/holdbacks are everywhere including LI- just not the norm for the 2028 class yet. Who cares though? If your kid can't hold his own with a kid who is 1 year older at this point, you have bigger problems.
If you actually read the post with any real thoughtfulness, you’d have found no issue from the poster as it relates to holdbacks. What you would have picked up is a reference to the LI/91 guys saying they don’t holdback, it’s a MD thing. Yet here we are, they’re holding back at the most important position. Hence, the hypocrite moniker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you actually read the post with any real thoughtfulness, you’d have found no issue from the poster as it relates to holdbacks. What you would have picked up is a reference to the LI/91 guys saying they don’t holdback, it’s a MD thing. Yet here we are, they’re holding back at the most important position. Hence, the hypocrite moniker.

Cheaters. Wonder how these parents show their faces after holding their kids back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remind me again bow this is cheating in grade based tournaments? Maybe the guy that points out everyone’s reading comprehension problems and uses words like ‘hence’ can put down the dictionary and explain what the issue is? It’s been discussed to death that Coaches want the best kids in the grade, regardless of how close to the cutoff they were born. Why is this still a topic? I guess your son is still on the wrong side of puberty. Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 1/3 of the kids on Venom will be from outstate in the next year or two if they keep on dropping in the rankings. Just look at the older 91 teams!

Like express bringing in a 2027 from California? Out of state players for most higher profile clubs is nothing new. Over the years Legacy has had their fair share and same with express. 2way, 3D, hawks, sweet lax etc all draw kids from different parts of the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he was good on 2027, then why would he reclass to be on the 2028 Venom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Venom goalie who was cut could go to Express and dominate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid he was stuck behind is a prodigy. I would reclass my kid too if he was behind that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remind me again bow this is cheating in grade based tournaments? Maybe the guy that points out everyone’s reading comprehension problems and uses words like ‘hence’ can put down the dictionary and explain what the issue is? It’s been discussed to death that Coaches want the best kids in the grade, regardless of how close to the cutoff they were born. Why is this still a topic? I guess your son is still on the wrong side of puberty. Good luck with that.

It will all even out eventually. But for now your 15-year-old playing against 13-year-olds is an advantage hold back dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like express bringing in a 2027 from California? Out of state players for most higher profile clubs is nothing new. Over the years Legacy has had their fair share and same with express. 2way, 3D, hawks, sweet lax etc all draw kids from different parts of the country.

Agreed. But 91 in particular has taken it to a new level. There older teams have rosters that have over 70 percent of out of state players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never would have thought I was living rent free in someone’s head. And no, I do not use a dictionary. I’m just literate, “hence” your misinterpretation. I’ll try my best to not be condescending or insulting, despite your constant need to bash people’s kids with remarks on puberty, development, and skill.

The issue is it is unfair for older kids to play against younger kids, specifically from 10-14 years of age. Simple as that. I’m still not sure how one can not comprehend that. It is why parents and kids liked the concept of the World Series. It is why there has been a rule change to age based lacrosse at the youth level. Nobody is doubting that college coaches could care less about age. They want the biggest and best players. Same with top high schools. But this is an 8th grade forum. And it was once a 7th grade forum. And before that, it was a 6th grade forum. And you surely get my point.

It is talked about because the majority of people do not agree with holding kids back. It’s been beaten to death for sure. The people who do it, see the value. Some people who are against it see it as cheating as in it is providing an unfair advantage. Technically it isn’t cheating if one defines cheating as breaking the rules. But in the mind of an anti holdback parent, it is taking away from the fairness of the game. Truth be told, I’m actually ok with my son playing against older kids. It’s certainly better for his development, provides a greater challenge, and will mirror the experience he will have in high school. That doesn’t mean I agree with it nor does it mean I should pretend it does not affect some more than others

With all that said, how does one not acknowledge what it’s like to be in the shoes of an outspoken anti-holdback parent or kid? You instill the necessary tools to be a solid athlete. From work ethic to nutrition to training to learning the intricacies of the game. Then they show up ready to roll one weekend in June only to be physically manhandled by kids who are stronger and faster simply because they are older. That’s the frustration and that’s the issue. I’m sure that most kids and parents aren’t crying about it on the car ride home. But who are you to take away their voice and right to call a spade a spade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid he was stuck behind is a prodigy. I would reclass my kid too if he was behind that.

Or he could switch teams and graduate on time. Not repeat the same curriculum another year!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Short king.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or he could switch teams and graduate on time. Not repeat the same curriculum another year!!

you stop being grounded, no room for that here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what kid is like yes sign me up for more school years!!
13-14 year olds should not be making these life decisions, we all know they are not but parents will tell you johnny wants it not me lololol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing like the gift of time. I think most of us would love to go back and have an extra year of high school. Grades would be better, mentally and physically more mature and have the confidence to be successful. Instead of cursing the holdback, one should embrace it. It’s a great opportunity for a number of kids who are struggling not only physically but academically. Each situation is different, so dont be so hard and dont be quick to judge. - Holdback Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing like the gift of time. I think most of us would love to go back and have an extra year of high school. Grades would be better, mentally and physically more mature and have the confidence to be successful. Instead of cursing the holdback, one should embrace it. It’s a great opportunity for a number of kids who are struggling not only physically but academically. Each situation is different, so dont be so hard and dont be quick to judge. - Holdback Parent
You must have been dropped on your head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A “prodigy”? Give me a break pal. He’s good goalie. Leave it at that. They don’t play for the same high school. The 27 goalie re classed because he’s tiny and wasn’t as good. And with his dad as a coach of the 27 team it was getting awkward. But calling the other goalie a “prodigy” is just silly.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard