BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,513
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really important to remember that even if there isn't as much $ available as there was a month ago there are plenty of roster spots.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really important to remember that even if there isn't as much $ available as there was a month ago there are plenty of roster spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there a website or app that lists colleges and what positions they have open still for recruiting?

You can look at commits by college in IL’s website. Assume a school takes maybe one goalie and face off guy each class and then maybe a few each of middie/attack/d.

Most coaches seem to recruit a full starting line up per class as a start and then fill in with additional depending on the rest of the roster.

And some commit like 18-22 kids, which sounds fool. Good rule of thumb is to always check the roster size online. I am of the opinion that a lot of recruits don’t get anything financially and are just offered a spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the top 25 D1 programs?

It depends what you want out of it but for me a top 20 program is a combination of both good academics + good lax but that’s not everyone’s priority. Mind you that any kid who goes to any school and gets and education is good in my book. But my (just an opinion) top 20 dual threat academics + lax (with academics > lax in terms of weight)

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Honorable mention academic mention to Dartmouth and Colgate - terrible lax

Honorable lax mention to Denver

Just Outside the top 20: Richmond, lehigh, Ohio state, nova, Air Force

Lax is just one of those sports where the best lax schools are also the best academic schools. Not really the case in college football, basketball, hockey or baseball.

Leave the rankings to the pros. #3 on the bogus list above got spanked yesterday at Gtown Prep. ND might have lost to GP is there was a game 2.

Im sorry, what “pros” are ranking schools based on academics + lax? I guess you didn’t bother to read the post but this was a ranking of BOTH academics AND lax. I don’t think IL or NCAA are taking into account academic rigor when they do their rankings. And this was clearly an opinion. But the irony is reading comprehension may be an issue for you which is why you only focused on wins and losses. But please share the lax ranking service that takes into account academic rigor.

And that being said, #3 ND winning a championship and their excellent academics moves them up to 3. But maybe next year will be different[/quot

Certain you got your nerd head stuck in lots of toilets with wedgies.Go back to playing computer games.

Where did this guy come from? What’s wrong laddie, detest having normal lax conversations? Are the words too big for you? I guess you would rather talk about holdback dads, how great it is to be an Outlaw, how the Rebels will win everything, how notIntelligent the WS is, Matt Chandon stinks and Team 91 is terrible because that’s what usually is on these forums. You probably own a truck that you don’t know how to drive with the calvin and Hobbes pissing sticker and balls hanging from the undercarriage, scream at officials from the sideline and yell wheels at your kid.

So to dense it down to your level, what a stunad.

Bottom line, if your kid is a public schooler he’s got little to no chance to get on one of these top teams. They’re all PG kids and private school. Just check the rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a list of college teams that Rebels kids won’t be playing for !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a list of college teams that Rebels kids won’t be playing for !

What is the point of comments like this? To make yourself feel good? Grow up.

And there are PLENTY of public school kids who go on to play at top schools. What is wrong with you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax Rebels mom! Maybe Mike will let him play another season of travel if he graduates high school!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax Rebels mom! Maybe Mike will let him play another season of travel if he graduates high school!

Not a Rebels mom or a mom at all. Just think you should grow up a little. Your son probably has (I hope)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Kevin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the last 5 years, we have had 3 kids from our public high school play lax at these schools, all on age. It's not the school, it's the player.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the last 5 years, we have had 3 kids from our public high school play lax at these schools, all on age. It's not the school, it's the player.

Exactly right.

The best coaches from the best schools will find your kid even if he’s on a non-91/Express/Legacy/Whatever club and goes to public school.

They are the best for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What school? Let’s verify this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends what you want out of it but for me a top 20 program is a combination of both good academics + good lax but that’s not everyone’s priority. Mind you that any kid who goes to any school and gets and education is good in my book. But my (just an opinion) top 20 dual threat academics + lax (with academics > lax in terms of weight)

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Lax is just one of those sports where the best lax schools are also the best academic schools. Not really the case in college football, basketball, hockey or baseball.

Leave the rankings to the pros. #3 on the bogus list above got spanked yesterday at Gtown Prep. ND might have lost to GP is there was a game 2.

Im sorry, what “pros” are ranking schools based on academics + lax? I guess you didn’t bother to read the post but this was a ranking of BOTH academics AND lax. I don’t think IL or NCAA are taking into account academic rigor when they do their rankings. And this was clearly an opinion. But the irony is reading comprehension may be an issue for you which is why you only focused on wins and losses. But please share the lax ranking service that takes into account academic rigor.

And that being said, #3 ND winning a championship and their excellent academics moves them up to 3. But maybe next year will be different[/quot

Certain you got your nerd head stuck in lots of toilets with wedgies.Go back to playing computer games.

Where did this guy come from? What’s wrong laddie, detest having normal lax conversations? Are the words too big for you? I guess you would rather talk about holdback dads, how great it is to be an Outlaw, how the Rebels will win everything, how notIntelligent the WS is, Matt Chandon stinks and Team 91 is terrible because that’s what usually is on these forums. You probably own a truck that you don’t know how to drive with the calvin and Hobbes pissing sticker and balls hanging from the undercarriage, scream at officials from the sideline and yell wheels at your kid.

Bottom line, if your kid is a public schooler he’s got little to no chance to get on one of these top teams. They’re all PG kids and private school. Just check the rosters

This is a Long Island specific forum. Public school kids do fine here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This makes sense. Lacrosse is a unique sport and part of a lot most kids goal is to use it to get a great higher education. Service Academies, Ivy and top tier academic schools. That is what it is really all about getting into a great school and playing a D! sport. If you win conference or national championships great but that is not the main goal for a lot of these kids.

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Really? Show me all the LI public school kids going to top programs. Maybe one for the top programs, then it’s STA and Chammy. Stop the nonsense. Your 5’8” public school kid may get to Hofstra or SJU, no chance at Duke, NC, or ND.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Really? Show me all the LI public school kids going to top programs. Maybe one for the top programs, then it’s STA and Chammy. Stop the nonsense. Your 5’8” public school kid may get to Hofstra or SJU, no chance at Duke, NC, or ND.

You can keep repeating it. That doesn't make it true.

I didn't realize that every public school kids is 5'8" either. Just stop posting. Clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really isn't nonsense, though, as good public school players on Long Island, especially those from historically strong programs/schools (Ward Melville, Manhasset, GC, CSH, etc.) do just fine when it comes to recruiting. Obviously these schools will have fewer recruits each year than C and SA due mainly to depth and consistency (which makes sense), but any player good enough to play D1 can and will do just fine playing public school lacrosse on Long Island. They are not at all invisible the way public school players might seem elsewhere in the country.

You can't base your argument by looking at just Duke and Notre Dame -- they've historically had huge numbers of CHSAA kids, going back 15+ years. Heck, the commentators on TV even joked during the Duke vs. ND final that it was actually another Chaminade vs. St. Anthony's game.

But if you look at other top D1 rosters you'll see plenty of public school kids. The other school you mentioned, UNC has as many Ward Melville kids on the roster as CHSAA kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Garden City Since 2022

3 players Cornell
2 Navy
1 Virginia
1 Duke
1 Princeton
1 Syracuse
1 Villanova

I'm pretty sure Manhasset is similar. Yes many of the top players come from Private and prep schools. If you are good they will find you. just look at he kid from Calhoun (2023) He is at North Carolina He also played for True blue!!! Neither the HS or the club is a power house program --- they still found him.
There are many others out there. Look it up There is more than one way to get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

I didn't realize that every public school kids is 5'8" either. Just stop posting. Clown.

Keep dreaming that your little fella is going to Duke, kudos the the D-2 program he eventually goes to. Joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Keep dreaming that your little fella is going to Duke, kudos the the D-2 program he eventually goes to. Joke

WOW now your trashing kids that play D2. You are something special!!! You are the joke Never in a million years would I look down on any kid that was able to better themselves by going to college. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Wow! I’d love for my son to play at a top D2 school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

WOW now your trashing kids that play D2. You are something special!!! You are the joke Never in a million years would I look down on any kid that was able to better themselves by going to college. SMH
Very small % of kids gone on to play at any level, NCAA, MCLA and others, they should all be applauded. It is extremely challenging to balance the rigors of athletics, social and academics in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Very small % of kids gone on to play at any level, NCAA, MCLA and others, they should all be applauded. It is extremely challenging to balance the rigors of athletics, social and academics in college"

Exactly right. Whoever this guy (has to be a guy) is bashing anyone who doesn't go to a top 10 school on his list, he's a clown who lives vicariously through his son. That poor kid.

You don't have to bash other kids to make yourself feel better about paying for private school and the most expensive club team for 10 years. You made your decisions. Other parents made different ones.

You're the reason that lacrosse has a bad reputation with the sports world overall.

My son worked his [Censored] off and is playing D1 but I would have been happy and proud if he had played at ANY level in college. It's about him and what he wants anyway. He has known that from the beginning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Wow! I’d love for my son to play at a top D2 school.

There is no such thing, they are all pretty mediocre schools academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Duke
2) yale
3) notre dame
4) hopkins
5) penn
6) cornell
7) virginia
8) Princeton
9) Michigan
10) gtown
11) UNC
12) Maryland
13) Harvard
14) Brown
15) Army
16) Navy
17) Rutgers
18) BU
19) Penn state
20 Syracuse

Nope , just trashing you. Assuming based on your son’s stature a lot of people literally look down on you! Good luck with the little guy, wishing him well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I forget what century we are in. Are we still making fun of kids and people because of their height? I guess we have to make fun of them because there are no good short players in lacrosse. By that same logic then I guess all lacrosse players are [Censored] because they are shorter than basketball players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I forget what century we are in. Are we still making fun of kids and people because of their height? I guess we have to make fun of them because there are no good short players in lacrosse. By that same logic then I guess all lacrosse players are [Censored] because they are shorter than basketball players.

Yes in this century we still make fun of short people. Do you get out or are you a sheltered rich clown?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody gets a trophy! Boo hoo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes in this century we still make fun of short people. Do you get out or are you a sheltered rich clown?

Not sure what wealth has to do with it but maybe I’m a poor grown up who’s moved on from trying to make myself feel better by making fun of other people’s stature. So yes, the 21st century but I can see you still rocking the high school behaviors. But keep living in the past Biff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes in this century we still make fun of short people. Do you get out or are you a sheltered rich clown?[/quote]

Not sure what wealth has to do with it but maybe I’m a poor grown up who’s moved on from trying to make myself feel better by making fun of other people’s stature. So yes, the 21st century but I can see you still rocking the high school behaviors. But keep living in the past Biff.[/quote]

Biff is probably still wearing his JV jacket too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what wealth has to do with it but maybe I’m a poor grown up who’s moved on from trying to make myself feel better by making fun of other people’s stature. So yes, the 21st century but I can see you still rocking the high school behaviors. But keep living in the past Biff.[/quote]

Biff is probably still wearing his JV jacket too.[/quote]

Yeah it’s a size Large, but you wouldn’t know anything about that. It’s obvious this has struck a nerve. You and your son must be very short. Sorry about that. You know in bowling height isn’t really important. He should try it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In terms of recruiting for levels of elite to good players. Nothing comes close to the IMLCA event in Orlando. By far the best event, in my opinion. Outstanding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to 25 Express today at IMLCA,,0-3 They got smoked by Million again. Got to hurt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall LI 25s are a weak recruiting class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to 25 Express today at IMLCA,,0-3 They got smoked by Million again. Got to hurt

Legacy A and B and Rebels Hawks didn’t win a game yesterday. And 91 United won one game. But I don’t think anybody got “smoked”, not about wins and losses. There is no playoff bracket in the 25s, PAL dad. It’s about recruiting and competing in case you forgot why the teams traveled there. Do you honestly think a coach watching a 6-5 game cares who wins?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall LI 25s are a weak recruiting class.

I would not say that at all. What years are you comparing this class to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy A and B and Rebels Hawks didn’t win a game yesterday. And 91 United won one game. But I don’t think anybody got “smoked”, not about wins and losses. There is no playoff bracket in the 25s, PAL dad. It’s about recruiting and competing in case you forgot why the teams traveled there. Do you honestly think a coach watching a 6-5 game cares who wins?

That kind of attitude will not get your son into a top D1 school. They want winner mentality, not its ok , we participated and did our best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Biff is probably still wearing his JV jacket too.[/quote]

Hahaha. LOL’d at that one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People really should not care one bit about wins and losses in high school club lax. It really is about recruiting. Except for Biff and his size large jv jacket who still tells stories bout his amazing career who still tells wheellzzzz when his large kid lumbers by

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People really should not care one bit about wins and losses in high school club lax. It really is about recruiting. Except for Biff and his size large jv jacket who still tells stories bout his amazing career who still tells wheellzzzz when his large kid lumbers by

Would you rather lose a 9-7 game or win 12-1 at showcase?

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard