The 2026 NCAA Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse Championships will be moved away from Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., the NCAA announced Friday.

The move comes as FIFA announced Gillette as one of the sites for the 2026 Men’s World Cup.

The DI Men’s and Women’s semifinals and finals, as well as the DII and DIII men’s championship games, will need to find a new home.

The NCAA had selected sites up through 2026 as part of its last bid cycle. The 2025 championships —both men’s and women’s— are still scheduled for Gillette Stadium. The DII Women’s Championships are scheduled for Stonehill in both ’25 and ’26, while the DIII were scheduled for Babson, all part of an effort to have all championship in one region.

The NCAA said: “The Division I Men's Lacrosse Committee and the Division I Women's Lacrosse Committee are each exploring site options for their respective championships in 2026. The Division II and III Men's Lacrosse Championships will be held at the same site as the Division I men's tourney.”

Source: Inside Lacrosse