BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,634
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 58 1 2 54 55 56 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody know what a not fully funded program really means? I know that means you can’t get a full scholarship including room and board. Does it mean anything else once you’re on the team? My daughter is heading to one of them. Got a great great offer, but some parent on my daughter’s club team told me it’s not fully funded.

It means that don't have a the max number of scholarships and or 3 full times coaches. Outside the top 25, most girls lax programs are not fully funded, many not even close.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know what a not fully funded program really means? I know that means you can’t get a full scholarship including room and board. Does it mean anything else once you’re on the team? My daughter is heading to one of them. Got a great great offer, but some parent on my daughter’s club team told me it’s not fully funded.
If your daughter got a great offer, why does it matter if they are not a fully funded program? It does not mean anything else once you are on the team.

😁
That’s why I’m asking what it means. Does it mean anything else other than the scholarship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter got a great offer, why does it matter if they are not a fully funded program? It does not mean anything else once you are on the team.

😁
That’s why I’m asking what it means. Does it mean anything else other than the scholarship?

Just means the program doesn't get the full 12.6 scholarships allowed by the NCAA. Which means the coach has less money to give out to incoming players. Other than that, it means nothing. Especially if your DD received a great offer! Congratulations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😁

Just means the program doesn't get the full 12.6 scholarships allowed by the NCAA. Which means the coach has less money to give out to incoming players. Other than that, it means nothing. Especially if your DD received a great offer! Congratulations.

Awesome. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been reading a lot about what schools play more players. My advice, dont believe what you read on this boad. Do some research yourself. Easy to see how many kids teams play most games by looking at the Box scores online. I will help you out a little. From 2023:
UNC played 18 players vs DU in QF and 19 vs BC in ACC champ game. Their Roster had 40 players listed
BC played 19 vs NU in Champ and 15 vs Cuse in FF. Roster of 35
Cuse played 17 players vs JMU in QF and 17 vs BC in FF. Total roster of 37
MD played 16 vs JMU in NCAA and 19 vs NU in the Big ten Champ game. Roster had 33 players
NU players 16 vs BC in Champ game and 16 vs MD in Big ten Champ game. Total roster of 36.

So it looks like MD plays higher % of its roster than other teams. But dont let that stop you jaded parents.

Girls have gotten much smarter thanks to former players who talk. Riding pine at MD because you are not a favorite of the coaching staff is a huge factor.

It wouldn't have to do with the girls playing are just BETTER would it? Cause it can never be that. It's always the coach doesn't like me, I'm not one of the favorites.

I think you are missing the point. Most teams have starters, then rotate a group of subs. MD, least in recent history, has a small group of subs they rotate in. Some other schools have a large group of subs. EVERY school has a sliding scale of talent.

There are girls who would be starters on some ACC schools who don't see the field at MD, that's just the way they run that team, good, bad or indifferent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things on UNC and I am friendly with Coaches and Families involved in the program:

(1) They have a culture issue b/c they actively recruit a lot of 'me' kids ... Case in point is the list of girls on the roster from Fairfield County, CT

Two groups of sisters are actually like blood rivals

(2) Jenny coaching through 2024 when her daughter is scheduled to graduate

Watch out for Clemson, ND, UVA and BC striking past them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Class of 2025 recruits a true consideration should be the forward tenure of the Head Coach. When the Head Coach transitions its very disruptive no matter what your status is on the team and depth chart.

The following programs have coaches with at least 15-18 years of HC experience:

UNC
Florida
Notre Dame
Penn State
Navy
Temple
Duke
Mayland

If I had to guess, UNC HC retires in 2028 when her daughter graduates.

Notre Dame HC is next five years, maybe six, because she has a good couple of classes strung together.

Florida will turn over in 3 years. Regy for President (and the next Head Coach of U of F)

PSU, Navy and Temple: Feels like PSU then Navy, then Temple in terms of turnover.

Duke and Maryland: Feels like those two coaches have ˜4 years left ... something like that.

The future of lacrosse is at places like Clemson and Denver and UVA, where new programs and coaches and systems are being installed.

I detest to say it, but the Gretzky quote applies: Skate not to where the puck is, but rather to where it will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think the UNC coach is going to leave the program when her daughter arrives to that program? Is this logical?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You did nice analysis but it was a few games of data.

You also counted girls stepping on the field, what about actual minutes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things on UNC and I am friendly with Coaches and Families involved in the program:

(1) They have a culture issue b/c they actively recruit a lot of 'me' kids ... Case in point is the list of girls on the roster from Fairfield County, CT

Two groups of sisters are actually like blood rivals

(2) Jenny coaching through 2024 when her daughter is scheduled to graduate

Watch out for Clemson, ND, UVA and BC striking past them

Could be worse. BC one of the players stole another players boyfriend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clemson with another M&D pickup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Class of 2025 recruits a true consideration should be the forward tenure of the Head Coach. When the Head Coach transitions its very disruptive no matter what your status is on the team and depth chart.

The following programs have coaches with at least 15-18 years of HC experience:

UNC
Florida
Notre Dame
Penn State
Navy
Temple
Duke
Mayland

If I had to guess, UNC HC retires in 2028 when her daughter graduates.

Notre Dame HC is next five years, maybe six, because she has a good couple of classes strung together.

Florida will turn over in 3 years. Regy for President (and the next Head Coach of U of F)

PSU, Navy and Temple: Feels like PSU then Navy, then Temple in terms of turnover.

Duke and Maryland: Feels like those two coaches have ˜4 years left ... something like that.

The future of lacrosse is at places like Clemson and Denver and UVA, where new programs and coaches and systems are being installed.

I detest to say it, but the Gretzky quote applies: Skate not to where the puck is, but rather to where it will be.

Clemson has a tough hill to climb.
UVA coaches were not very successful at TU. See if they get better results.
Denver did it once but can they do it again. How long does their Asst stay too? He’s looked for head coach jobs recently.
Md coach has at least 7 left I feel. He daughter graduates in 2030.
Duke hasn’t won in years and coach isn’t the most visible in recruting.
Way more parody now but coaches that win won’t just fall off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMD is in trouble.....2025 recruiting class is average at best compared to other top programs. In state kids leaving left and right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMD is in trouble.....2025 recruiting class is average at best compared to other top programs. In state kids leaving left and right.

I guess we will see 2 and a half years from now when they actually get there... still a top 5 class of recruits right now... just because in-state didnt stay doesnt mean much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

All better recruiting classes than MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Better in what respect? i think UNC, Syracuse and Clemson probably are, and possibly Notre Dame... but not seeing what criteria you are using for the others to call them better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Not getting instate talent isnt the measuring stick, lots of reasons why lots of girls dont want to stay within 30 minutes of their home. No different than other schools, how many of the top local kids go to Uconn, Farmingdale, or Stoneybrook. Lets not forget Lacrosse is only a part of the college experience for these girls

IMO: Best recruiting:
#1:
North Carolina - Might have alot of transfers especially since they had ridiculous 23 and 24 classes
#2 & #3(in no order):
Syracuse and Clemson - Really strong group of top girls, including top local girls 3 years in a row. Excited to see how both new Coach at Syracuse and new program and mindset at Clemson change the game
Rounding the top 5 out:
Notre Dame - A few top girls each year lately

6-10(in no order):
BC, MD, VA, NW, Florida

Underperforming(only because I think they should be better):
Duke, Michigan, JMU, Ohio State, Va Tech, Pitt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Not getting instate talent isnt the measuring stick, lots of reasons why lots of girls dont want to stay within 30 minutes of their home. No different than other schools, how many of the top local kids go to Uconn, Farmingdale, or Stoneybrook. Lets not forget Lacrosse is only a part of the college experience for these girls

#1:
North Carolina - Might have alot of transfers especially since they had ridiculous 23 and 24 classes
#2 & #3(in no order):
Syracuse and Clemson - Really strong group of top girls, including top local girls 3 years in a row. Excited to see how both new Coach at Syracuse and new program and mindset at Clemson change the game
Rounding the top 5 out:

6-10(in no order):
BC, MD, VA, NW, Florida

Ohio State is a mess. My daughter went there for a visit. Said no when offered. We both felt something off there. Maybe it’s a first year thing but it seemed disorganized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Better in what respect? i think UNC, Syracuse and Clemson probably are, and possibly Notre Dame... but not seeing what criteria you are using for the others to call them better

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/college/league/Women%27s+Division+I/6/2025

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/college/league/Women%27s+Division+I/6/2025

Yes, thanks... you proved my point, that shows MD as the 5ht or 6th best recruiting class (and that ranking doesnt even account for the fact that one of their commits is a 4-star, but not recognized as a 4-star in the calc)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Yes, thanks... you proved my point, that shows MD as the 5ht or 6th best recruiting class (and that ranking doesnt even account for the fact that one of their commits is a 4-star, but not recognized as a 4-star in the calc)

You have to take these player rankings with a major grain of salt. Think of all the resources high school & college football has in ranking prospects and how much they miss on these kids. Does girls lax even have 5% of the resources? How can it possibly accurate? Its not that accurate folks.

Sure, top players are typically top players but you get outside the top 20, good luck, and to assign recruiting classes based on that? That's wild.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

You have to take these player rankings with a major grain of salt. Think of all the resources high school & college football has in ranking prospects and how much they miss on these kids. Does girls lax even have 5% of the resources? How can it possibly accurate? Its not that accurate folks.

Sure, top players are typically top players but you get outside the top 20, good luck, and to assign recruiting classes based on that? That's wild.

That's kind of the point, right? The ratings are just a snap-shot in time, RIGHT NOW! This class doesnt even get to school for 2 more years. You're going to have both ends of the spectrum, where girls outside the rankings rise to the top; and girls who are overhyped at the top don't end up panning out. Let alone how they will mesh with the rest of their team, if they even get playing time at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

#1:
#2 & #3(in no order):
Rounding the top 5 out:

6-10(in no order):
BC, MD, VA, NW, Florida

Ohio State is a mess. My daughter went there for a visit. Said no when offered. We both felt something off there. Maybe it’s a first year thing but it seemed disorganized.

Gabby Capuzzi should have been the choice! The old ECU coach was the same way at her old school. Didn’t know how to identify the right targets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of coaches that turned down Ohio State is alarming for the state of things there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of coaches that turned down Ohio State is alarming for the state of things there.
So you personally know all the coaches that were offered that position?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMD social media just shared video of the updated 'Plex. Looks like they added a Press Box and a Video Scoreboard. Still one of the worst in ACC/Big Ten?

This certainly doesn't help recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMD social media just shared video of the updated 'Plex. Looks like they added a Press Box and a Video Scoreboard. Still one of the worst in ACC/Big Ten?

Most High schools have nicer facilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does the field still smell like rotting oysters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yup... that and championships

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That' what MD does...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That' what MD does...
It’s been 4 years but ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s been 4 years but ok.

Agree it appears MD recruiting hasn't been great, but with the exception of THREE schools - NW, BC, UNC - 120 plus schools are longer or never been there! My lord you all are hard to please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Dude, how many D1 womens programs are there? Can't get over the number and quality of girls getting recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Dude, how many D1 womens programs are there? Can't get over the number and quality of girls getting recruited.
Not enough for you to get recruited, even if you put a dress on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida
Stanford
UVA

Not enough for you to get recruited, even if you put a dress on.

Not sure how accurate based on the skill level and number of girls that I see get recruited to d1 schools. Some may not be receiving any aid or scholarship money but there are A LOT of girls that have verbally committed that are average at best. That is not a knock on the players but more so the growth of the sport. If you can run, chew gum and catch a ball, there is a school (D1, 2 or 3) that could use your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter can run AND chew gum but not at the same time. Will that hold her back from D1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how accurate based on the skill level and number of girls that I see get recruited to d1 schools. Some may not be receiving any aid or scholarship money but there are A LOT of girls that have verbally committed that are average at best. That is not a knock on the players but more so the growth of the sport. If you can run, chew gum and catch a ball, there is a school (D1, 2 or 3) that could use your daughter.
This is true. There is a school for everyone to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter can run AND chew gum but not at the same time. Will that hold her back from D1?
She is d3 material.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is d3 material.
You're a D1 [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Think you are oversimplifying it. This area is packed with talent so a girl playing in The iaam who looks average or a girl playing against a top local club but not on one might easily still be a student despite not showing on the field. Also, some coaches recruit for specific traits like speed, stick skills, attitude, athleticism, not having fool parents(you know who you are) and know that they can improve the rest
Once they get into their system.
We have a huge advantage being in Maryland for lacrosse and sometimes we overlook that when we look to evaluate local talent and assume them to be average at best.

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 58 1 2 54 55 56 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard