BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 7th Grade Boys (2029 Grads) for the Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll go first. What's your view on holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally fine in high school but to do it before then for the purpose of sports is notIntelligent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed LWSC is in MinnyNoPlace

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Interesting. Maybe the intention is to build the Central qualifier as it only had 3 teams last spring. Would be good to see Resolute Columbus who won NLF, Texas Nationals, Juiced Cherries, Team IL, etc. God forbid LI folks have to leave the island.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. Maybe the intention is to build the Central qualifier as it only had 3 teams last spring. Would be good to see Resolute Columbus who won NLF, Texas Nationals, Juiced Cherries, Team IL, etc. God forbid LI folks have to leave the island.

LI teams constantly travel. Maryland teams are the ones who never leave home. See the incessant HOCO league comments on this board. Now if they actually traveled and played kids their own age that would be a different thing. Don’t expect to see a Maryland team win the LWSC EVER. They don’t like to compete on a level playing field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Resolute and TX Nationals both ran teams out there that would have multiple players not eligible due to age.

Prediction: being in Minnesota attracts less teams, not more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is LWSC age cutoff this year different from last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Resolute and TX Nationals both ran teams out there that would have multiple players not eligible due to age.

Prediction: being in Minnesota attracts less teams, not more.

Huge marketing mistake for the organization! Like the other person, said, LI teamsare constantly traveling. Travel this far and to a crappy location is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI teams constantly travel. Maryland teams are the ones who never leave home. See the incessant HOCO league comments on this board. Now if they actually traveled and played kids their own age that would be a different thing. Don’t expect to see a Maryland team win the LWSC EVER. They don’t like to compete on a level playing field.
Best teams are in MD. Will travel, but 4 of the top 6 teams play in the HoCo league all spring. Come on down, more the merrier.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best teams are in MD. Will travel, but 4 of the top 6 teams play in the HoCo league all spring. Come on down, more the merrier.

What do those teams look like with a Sep 1 cutoff? And don’t forget the ‘28 parents lost their sh$t when True brought in rostered kids from non hotbed areas. So no, it isn’t the more the merrier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best youth teams are not in Maryland which is what the World Series proves year after year. You just have older kids. When you play on age it’s ugly. I’m sure hoco could pause their season for 4 days if anyone had the guts to show up but you won’t because you know you can’t handle kids your own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best youth teams are not in Maryland which is what the World Series proves year after year. You just have older kids. When you play on age it’s ugly. I’m sure hoco could pause their season for 4 days if anyone had the guts to show up but you won’t because you know you can’t handle kids your own age.

This ^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of teams will not want to participate this year because of the location so more average club teams will qualify and go. Down year for World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colossal waste of money to go to Minnesota.

World series is not real teams anyways. Clubs scrounge to find anyone within a 100 mile radius who is eligible with their parent team not going and add them to the roster. They all look at the grade above within their own club to find out who is still age eligible and bring them along. Teams are put together under new monikers over night and a new team is born just for this event.

Put it to bed and let it be done for good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably all true but will anyone pull their kid from qualifiers to make a point? We’re all sheep and will go along with it like we always do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably all true but will anyone pull their kid from qualifiers to make a point? We’re all sheep and will go along with it like we always do.

Opposite. I’m putting my kid into the qualifiers to make a point that your kid can’t compete on age. Bring your kid or not, point made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of teams will not want to participate this year because of the location so more average club teams will qualify and go. Down year for World Series.

Did anyone do vacationing in MD? Why does the location matter? You spend time at hotel, venue and field

More hold back parents or maybe teams that know they won’t qualify talk is all that is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad but true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Opposite. I’m putting my kid into the qualifiers to make a point that your kid can’t compete on age. Bring your kid or not, point made.

Exactly!! Everyone is tired of playing kids older even if they are following their own local school rules. Age based sports is the best. No one is impressed with your holdbacks, the Schellenberger, Spallina, and Millons of this wotld. They cheated for their own benefit and to the detriment of the kids they competed against in youth, H.S. and College. This is why the World Series is so popular with many people and why the location doesn’t stop teams from going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Respectfully, even if your kid is a superstar I doubt the World Series cares whether your kid plays. Others will take his spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Columbus Day looks like some good competition with Moose, Igloo, Legacy and Rebels Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!! Everyone is tired of playing kids older even if they are following their own local school rules. Age based sports is the best. No one is impressed with your holdbacks, the Schellenberger, Spallina, and Millons of this wotld. They cheated for their own benefit and to the detriment of the kids they competed against in youth, H.S. and College. This is why the World Series is so popular with many people and why the location doesn’t stop teams from going.

So popular? Sweetheart, it’s kiddie lacrosse, no one cares but you and your husband

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So popular? Sweetheart, it’s kiddie lacrosse, no one cares but you and your husband

Holdback Dad, your kid can’t compete on age. Stay home and lick envelopes for Biden re-election campaign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe anyone is actually arguing in favor of the world series. Must be one of the Range Rover parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see who legacy schedules its team against.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe anyone is actually arguing in favor of the world series. Must be one of the Range Rover parents.

After all these years it’s still the only on age tournament. There’s nothing wrong with someone being a fan. Say what you want about the new on age “requirements” touted by other organizations but I think it’s all lip service.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdback Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdback Dad, your kid can’t compete on age. Stay home and lick envelopes for Biden re-election campaign.

No problem mom, keep crying and complaining about kiddie lacrosse it’s a perfect fit for you. Whiny little woman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most parents of a competitive on age kid.

We’re not following your logic, help us understand why you wouldn’t be in favor of a World Series tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We’re not following your logic, help us understand why you wouldn’t be in favor of a World Series tournament?

Because his kid loses his age advantage that he’s enjoyed for years. When he has to play with kids his own age he can’t hang.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see who legacy schedules its team against.

Wrong thread, bud

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because his kid loses his age advantage that he’s enjoyed for years. When he has to play with kids his own age he can’t hang.

If your kid can’t hang with an older kid, he has no shot at success at this sport. Older kids playing best thing to ever happen to my kid. Sharpen skills and built confidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid can’t hang with an older kid, he has no shot at success at this sport. Older kids playing best thing to ever happen to my kid. Sharpen skills and built confidence.

“If your kid can’t hang with on age kids, he has no shot at success at this sport.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Justify cheating. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Airfare to Minnesota: $1300 round trip for 2 people
4-5 nights in hotel: $1000+
Rental car: $500
Food: $500-$1000 for 2 depending on where you eat.
Extra tournament tuition: $400 per player
World Series Banquet: at least $100 for 1 parent ticket and cash bar

Add another parent or sibling: do the math

Enjoy your carribean vacation in Minnesota

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Justify cheating. .

How’s it cheating? It’s allowed. It’s actually encouraged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else want to tell him??

Dude your older kid plays with younger kids and you are preaching about kids should play older kids. Smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Airfare to Minnesota: $1300 round trip for 2 people
4-5 nights in hotel: $1000+
Rental car: $500
Food: $500-$1000 for 2 depending on where you eat.
Extra tournament tuition: $400 per player
World Series Banquet: at least $100 for 1 parent ticket and cash bar

Add another parent or sibling: do the math

Enjoy your carribean vacation in Minnesota

Much preferable to Philly or Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else want to tell him??

Dude your older kid plays with younger kids and you are preaching about kids should play older kids. Smh

Apparently reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, SMH

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard