BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 7th Grade Girls (2029 Grads) for the Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to turning the page on the 2022/2023 season. Good luck to all the girls this upcoming year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just here to see if the self-proclaimed queens of Long Island actually register for that tournament. The irony.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the “self-proclaimed queens of Long Island”?
If it isn’t your daughters team then, why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t see why any and all Long Island teams would take issue with a team that calls themselves the best and doesn’t enroll in competion to defend such a claim? You’re a bright one, eh?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Team 91 Roar win the last three Spring Queen of the Island tournaments? So wouldn’t that make them the Queen of the Island tournament winners?
Didn’t they also beat all the top LI teams these past 3 years?

I may not be a “bright one” but it is truly sad that you spend energy what another team is doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don’t see why any and all Long Island teams would take issue with a team that calls themselves the best and doesn’t enroll in competion to defend such a claim? You’re a bright one, eh?

You shouldn't speak for "all the Long Island teams". I highly doubt they care or "take issue" with what other long island teams is doing tourny-wise.
Your demented obsession with 91 is evident.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Team 91 Roar win the last three Spring Queen of the Island tournaments? So wouldn’t that make them the Queen of the Island tournament winners?

I may not be a “bright one” but it is truly sad that you spend energy what another team is doing.

My team has not faced them yet. I was hoping to play against them this year because my roster has changed a lot and we are now entered in tournaments as an A team. When they don’t defend their title they better also be prepared to drop the “we beat all of Long Island” stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My team has not faced them yet. I was hoping to play against them this year because my roster has changed a lot and we are now entered in tournaments as an A team. When they don’t defend their title they better also be prepared to drop the “we beat all of Long Island” stuff.

Umm...they beat all top LI teams in many other tourneys, not just QofLI 🤦‍♂️.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For anyone inquiring about 91 Roar playing in Queen of Long Island, they are not. Seems like it might be a kid asking about it. Don't be discouraged by the replies you get here. It's not abnormal for you to want to face strong competition or to follow teams in the league that you are playing in. The nasty replies that you are getting are just deflections. It's easier for them to say, "You're obsessed with a different team," than "we aren't enrolled in yet another tournament." I can also completely agree with the frustration when you notice that a team is being selective in its competition or lack thereof. But the truth is that there are only two or three Long Island teams that would not be a royal pain in the neck for 91 to play against in QofLi and come out ahead. 91's rating compared to YJA would make a single point victory advance them in rankings, compared to Top Guns they'd need two points. All other Long Island teams would require a pretty big blowout for them to move up rather than move down in rankings/rating. Yellow Jackets is faced with the same situation and I'm actually a bit shocked that they are enrolled in QofLi because of this. Tradition and YJNassau have supposedly dissolved. This is actually not good for anyone on Long Island who is looking to advance in their rankings in local tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For anyone inquiring about 91 Roar playing in Queen of Long Island, they are not. Seems like it might be a kid asking about it. Don't be discouraged by the replies you get here. It's not abnormal for you to want to face strong competition or to follow teams in the league that you are playing in. The nasty replies that you are getting are just deflections. It's easier for them to say, "You're obsessed with a different team," than "we aren't enrolled in yet another tournament." I can also completely agree with the frustration when you notice that a team is being selective in its competition or lack thereof. But the truth is that there are only two or three Long Island teams that would not be a royal pain in the neck for 91 to play against in QofLi and come out ahead. 91's rating compared to YJA would make a single point victory advance them in rankings, compared to Top Guns they'd need two points. All other Long Island teams would require a pretty big blowout for them to move up rather than move down in rankings/rating. Yellow Jackets is faced with the same situation and I'm actually a bit shocked that they are enrolled in QofLi because of this. Tradition and YJNassau have supposedly dissolved. This is actually not good for anyone on Long Island who is looking to advance in their rankings in local tournaments.

This is so ridiculously dense. There are reasons teams may not play in 1 tourney or another- there is 0 chance these teams are analyzing the rankings like that. ZERO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so ridiculously dense. There are reasons teams may not play in 1 tourney or another- there is 0 chance these teams are analyzing the rankings like that. ZERO

Is this guy serious? Of course they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all due respect, I think you need mental healthcare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1 for they do. there’s actually 100% chance that everyone in the top 10 are doing this there’s even evidence and admitting it in our old thread from last year on the last page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1 for they do. there’s actually 100% chance that everyone in the top 10 are doing this there’s even evidence and admitting it in our old thread from last year on the last page.

It would be foolish for any team in the top 10-20 to enter a tournament where there aren’t games that would be challenging and benefit them. No idea who is in this tournament but if it isn’t “A” level competition I don’t know why the top teams would attend. Happens in Maryland all the time. You would never see M&D enter a tournament where they aren’t playing top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duswalt, is that you? Pathetic response but not surprising

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you say that 91 can not be considered Queen of the Island since your “B” is now considered an A team?

How about enter the same tournaments they are doing or beat the other top LI teams to see where your “A” team stands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you say that 91 can not be considered Queen of the Island since your “B” is now considered an A team?

How about enter the same tournaments they are doing or beat the other top LI teams to see where your “A” team stands.

That's the way the logic played out in your mind? This person said that they can't be considered Queen of Long Island if they are absent for a Queen of Long Island tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Queen of the Island a tournament that is still relevant for this age group? LI only has 3 top teams and the rest are b/c/d teams. Teams from outside the island like Primetime and grizzlies have to come in to fill a bracket. Going to worse without Tradition and YJ Nassau who were ranked in the top 20 or so.
At this point it is just a money grab by YJ and FLG who run the event. Better off spending the entrance fee on another tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Queen of the Island a tournament that is still relevant for this age group? LI only has 3 top teams and the rest are b/c/d teams. Teams from outside the island like Primetime and grizzlies have to come in to fill a bracket. Going to worse without Tradition and YJ Nassau who were ranked in the top 20 or so.
At this point it is just a money grab by YJ and FLG who run the event. Better off spending the entrance fee on another tournament.

It really should end at 6th grade. Only 3 games, no playoffs or championship game. Is very convenient though. Its a great tourney for the little ones!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If rankings weren't a thing, teams would enroll in lots of things. You pay thousands of dollars to be part of travel lacrosse, adding $100 a girl for "Queen of Long Island" sure would beat a scrimmage on a dirt field in Sayville. But unfortunately thoughts like "Is queen of Long Island worth it" exemplify that teams are selective about the things they enroll in. Call this what you want such as "we need to match our level of competition" but the truth is that your kid's team is only enrolling in what's good for the brand- and if you're a top tier team, this means registering for tournaments that will keep you there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is you team igloo or Jesters Pink? Only 2 teams registered in the tourney that could match your description.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duswalt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is you team igloo or Jesters Pink? Only 2 teams registered in the tourney that could match your description.

Sorry, meant Jesters Blue.

Duswalt playing in B bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "My team roster changed and we are now good" is def a Jesters parent.
Good luck in A brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duswalt

What about Duswalt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Earlier, it was acknowledged that 91 National is composed of players from 91 Roar, Thunder, and other teams. If USCL holds a policy that disqualifies teams with double-rostered players from their National Ranking System, wouldn’t this disqualify both of those Ali teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter. USCL just became a dinosaur. They ended their sponsorship of "The Nationals," something Long Island teams already committed to as their year-end event. They're trying to instead sell their own "top 16 nationals" and it's not really working. For one...nobody wants to play more tournaments in August. Also, it's a four day event. lol. Enough is enough already and some programs have college-aged assistant coaches that return to school in August. And then there's the atypical rule set and qualifications that exclude many of the top teams that would attend. They tarnished their ranking system by heavily pairing it with a blatant for-profit [Censored] of a tournament. I bet USCL proves me right by telling everyone they'll stop ranking you if you don't pay for their tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter. USCL just became a dinosaur. They ended their sponsorship of "The Nationals," something Long Island teams already committed to as their year-end event. They're trying to instead sell their own "top 16 nationals" and it's not really working. For one...nobody wants to play more tournaments in August. Also, it's a four day event. lol. Enough is enough already and some programs have college-aged assistant coaches that return to school in August. And then there's the atypical rule set and qualifications that exclude many of the top teams that would attend. They tarnished their ranking system by heavily pairing it with a blatant for-profit [Censored] of a tournament. I bet USCL proves me right by telling everyone they'll stop ranking you if you don't pay for their tournament.

Please note that the censored word was not an immature expletive or anything like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for the "Lax For The Cure" tournament this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL doesn't post rankings now until girls have played 12 qualifying games? I guess we all lost our motivation to visit their website between August and June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL doesn't post rankings now until girls have played 12 qualifying games? I guess we all lost our motivation to visit their website between August and June.

They start with 6 game minimum and move to 12 in summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A, the reigning Queens of the Island, will go 3-0 and finish the fall undefeated and the top ranked NY team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A, the reigning Queens of the Island, will go 3-0 and finish the fall undefeated and the top ranked NY team.

Not hard to do when they have a weak schedule, especially this weekend.

Urban Elite Black - Ranked 18
Eagle Stix Blue - Ranked 4 (ok, one top 10 team)
Philly Blast Drive - Ranked 28

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They start with 6 game minimum and move to 12 in summer.

Explain the logistics of this nonsense. Suppose my team plays six games and is ranked #20. Fall finishes, winter finishes, spring hits. On game 7 what happens to my team's ranking? It disappears because I don't have 12 games? It doesn't move despite others moving above and below me? A mess. The integrity of these rankings is getting more and more watered down every day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we were using last year's rankings, this bracket has the highest ranked team in the tournament in it. Downplaying the playing of the fourth ranked team in the country is goofy behavior. But, last year's numbers don't carry over. And you need a lesson on expected goal differential if you think this is an easy draw to blow through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, literally no one care about fall rankings. They mean absolutely nothing, especially when some teams have literally only played 6 games 🤦‍♂️.
Get in 30 games, then rankings actually start to hold some value if any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, literally no one care about fall rankings. They mean absolutely nothing, especially when some teams have literally only played 6 games 🤦‍♂️.
Get in 30 games, then rankings actually start to hold some value if any.

91 got in 29 ranked games last year and didn’t play enough to be ranked in the fall. Should we just scratch out their ranking? Goofy comment.

Your fall ranking is foundational for the season, not only to create a baseline ranking system, but to establish matchups later in the year. When you sit the fall out and get placed in a doodoo bracket in the spring you’ll see the importance. Also rather important at an older age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we were using last year's rankings, this bracket has the highest ranked team in the tournament in it. Downplaying the playing of the fourth ranked team in the country is goofy behavior. But, last year's numbers don't carry over. And you need a lesson on expected goal differential if you think this is an easy draw to blow through.

Are you saying the YJ A team is the 4th ranked team in the nation? If so, where is this posted? On another note, you might be the most obnoxious person on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard