BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,653
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 293 of 334 1 2 291 292 293 294 295 333 334
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Loyola class is deeper. And this is coming from a BL parent.

Loyola is a mess with talent and playing time. Not sure if that ship can be righted with the parents

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this JC talk is great. Can JC get its act together and keep most of the above average talent in Harford county? If they do, they can become respectable, and then the top talent will stay. They link up with a club (not much to choose from) and could turn it all around. The drive time will only be getting longer and longer into Baltimore county.

We love the JC talk down here in AA Co.

They are doing a good job recruiting. All the Baltimore programs are getting squeezed for kids. It's not a coincidence that so many of them are resorting to out of state kids now that the good kids are staying at JC

JC folks like to simultaneously argue that the Harford County kids don't have the skills to make an impact at the "Big Schools" .... I think the usual quote is "they get lost on the bench." As if the boys have no role in that outcome whatsoever, they're just not that good and it's "decided" somehow?

AND (again, simultaneously....)

Keeping those same kids local at JC is going to transform those non-impact players into kids who can beat the "Big Schools." Logically, both of those things can't be true, at least most of the time.

To that point, I know the BOTC rallying cry is "But Pat Spencer" in terms of coaching/zero-to-hero/player development and senior year impact (and it's an OK example and a GREAT story), but also remember that Pat Spencer held back a year at St Marys (pre-K or K) and held back another year at BL (8th) so he was not a spring chicken in his senior year. Dude was seriously ready.

Spencer was a Double Holdback then . Did not know that. I expected him to be a holdback like most of starters at BL, but not a Double.

I remember the year I told someone BL was undefeated and a great High School team. He looked at me with sarcasm and said, they should be, they are all college freshman.
Many starting Seniors @ BL are College Freshman/Sophomores?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NE West includes Post Grad schools.

There is a reason they play "intersectional independents" like Army and Navy prep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola class is deeper. And this is coming from a BL parent.

Loyola is a mess with talent and playing time. Not sure if that ship can be righted with the parents

LB will be a top four team again in the Spring. Not sure if they have enough to beat BL or MCD but they are back in the hunt. These new coaches fit much better into the historical culture on Chestnut Avenue. I'm looking forward to watching them "coach the boys up".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this JC talk is great. Can JC get its act together and keep most of the above average talent in Harford county? If they do, they can become respectable, and then the top talent will stay. They link up with a club (not much to choose from) and could turn it all around. The drive time will only be getting longer and longer into Baltimore county.

They are doing a good job recruiting. All the Baltimore programs are getting squeezed for kids. It's not a coincidence that so many of them are resorting to out of state kids now that the good kids are staying at JC

JC folks like to simultaneously argue that the Harford County kids don't have the skills to make an impact at the "Big Schools" .... I think the usual quote is "they get lost on the bench." As if the boys have no role in that outcome whatsoever, they're just not that good and it's "decided" somehow?

Keeping those same kids local at JC is going to transform those non-impact players into kids who can beat the "Big Schools." Logically, both of those things can't be true, at least most of the time.

To that point, I know the BOTC rallying cry is "But Pat Spencer" in terms of coaching/zero-to-hero/player development and senior year impact (and it's an OK example and a GREAT story), but also remember that Pat Spencer held back a year at St Marys (pre-K or K) and held back another year at BL (8th) so he was not a spring chicken in his senior year. Dude was seriously ready.

Spencer was a Double Holdback then . Did not know that. I expected him to be a holdback like most of starters at BL, but not a Double.

I remember the year I told someone BL was undefeated and a great High School team. He looked at me with sarcasm and said, they should be, they are all college freshman.
Many starting Seniors @ BL are College Freshman/Sophomores?

The same age as college freshman/sophomores. Would would have thought being a double holdback has its advantages.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a reason they play "intersectional independents" like Army and Navy prep.

That is a slipperly slope to go down. MIAA is loaded with holdbacks and some claim ( against rules) a few double holdbacks. And a PG that isnt held back is the same age as a holdback at MIAA schools. Of course a PG heldback should be a Soph in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a slipperly slope to go down. MIAA is loaded with holdbacks and some claim ( against rules) a few double holdbacks. And a PG that isnt held back is the same age as a holdback at MIAA schools. Of course a PG heldback should be a Soph in college.

NE West has just as many holdbacks as the MIAA. It's rampant in prep lacrosse.

And then those holdbacks can prep.

The only difference is the NE schools admit they are double holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of on age college players, no one cares about holdbacks in college. The quicker you get over it now, the more enjoyable the rest of your high school years will be watching your kid play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a reason Loyola Blakefield has a new coach.

Loyola has had the best talent (on paper) in the league for the past few years.

So they have never lived up to (parent) expectations.

Every year, as soon as they lose a game or two, they begin to back bite and undermine the staff. Might be the worst group of parents in the league.

Good luck to Haus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did St Mary’s let pat spencer get away? Coaches can’t judge talent? How can kids get a fair tryout then?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every year, as soon as they lose a game or two, they begin to back bite and undermine the staff. Might be the worst group of parents in the league.

Good luck to Haus.

LB has definitely underachieved but in NO way have had the best talent in the league on paper. 4th at best, behind CH. McD & BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to Haus.

LB has definitely underachieved but in NO way have had the best talent in the league on paper. 4th at best, behind CH. McD & BL.

With that defense they have had for the past 4 years, they should have won it all at least once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will get more recruits, Drenner at Gerstell or Waldt at JC?

Interesting.

Didn't Gerstell have JG JR there last year? Where did he go?

They could get some of those Westminster kids. Like JC, not really competing for Baltimore kids, per se. But some decent local kids to help build a program and that could perhaps eat into the Owings Mills, Cockeysville market if they ever jumped to the A.

My forecast for the league is ... more boarding students!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting.

They could get some of those Westminster kids. Like JC, not really competing for Baltimore kids, per se. But some decent local kids to help build a program and that could perhaps eat into the Owings Mills, Cockeysville market if they ever jumped to the A.

Grant Jr left after one season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did St Mary’s let pat spencer get away? Coaches can’t judge talent? How can kids get a fair tryout then?

If I had to guess, I'd guess that St. Marys said, hey this kid is already a year older than some, and he's excelling academically and athletically and his peers think of him as a leader so there is zero justification to have him repeat ANOTHER year and be 2 years older than his grad age peers. Then Dad got mad and had him transfer and repeat 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of on age college players, no one cares about holdbacks in college. The quicker you get over it now, the more enjoyable the rest of your high school years will be watching your kid play.

This is a high school forum where holdbacks matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to Haus.

With that defense they have had for the past 4 years, they should have won it all at least once.

The LB parents on the whole are fine. Coaching matters. So does playing favorites. LB has played them on the offensive end for too long now. FCA kids, coach HS teammate, daddy on staff. Poor coaching and bad personnel decisions have doomed this program. As a parent from another A school the last thing I wanted was a new coach there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The offense will be scripted for daddy ball for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The offense will be scripted for daddy ball for sure.

“Daddy ball” = my son [Censored] so I’ll blame the coaches. Tell your kid to practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Daddy ball” = my son [Censored] so I’ll blame the coaches. Tell your kid to practice.
Ok dad coach, that’s what is. Most of the rest of us live for the day when an offense doesn’t go through a coach’s kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JC NEVER will compete in the A conference even if every kid from Harford county went there. They should drop to B conference like Gilman.

Now let’s talk about BL and how all heck will break out when their top ranked player realizes he’s no good and the coaches get their act together and bench him once and for all. He kills the team every time he touches the ball. Takes the wind completely out of everything.

Sorry your kid couldn’t cut it. That’s a lot of money for a low education but good lacrosse, to ride the pine. He will get the same swag as the rest, don’t worry.

Yeah, sorry your kid got cut and rides the pine. HaHaHa… what a great comeback insult, especially the swag part!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting.

Grant Jr left after one season.

Guy is all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to Haus.

The LB parents on the whole are fine. Coaching matters. So does playing favorites. LB has played them on the offensive end for too long now. FCA kids, coach HS teammate, daddy on staff. Poor coaching and bad personnel decisions have doomed this program. As a parent from another A school the last thing I wanted was a new coach there.

Agree, LB has been a great school to play last few years. The talent out on field many times wasnt the best talent on team. Everyone knew why. Now that a few former starters have made their way to college, on the bench these starters go. Maybe new coach will change that, lets hope not, always good beating a team that is supposed to be so highly ranked at beginning of season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure you are. Nothing like a holdback to justify being a holdback. It doesnt matter is the rallying cry. It actually is an advantage. Frankly if you intend to play or attempt to play in D1, you would be foolish not to hold your son back for whatever advantage it gives him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JC NEVER will compete in the A conference even if every kid from Harford county went there. They should drop to B conference like Gilman.

Now let’s talk about BL and how all heck will break out when their top ranked player realizes he’s no good and the coaches get their act together and bench him once and for all. He kills the team every time he touches the ball. Takes the wind completely out of everything.

Sorry your kid couldn’t cut it. That’s a lot of money for a low education but good lacrosse, to ride the pine. He will get the same swag as the rest, don’t worry.

Yeah, sorry your kid got cut and rides the pine. HaHaHa… what a great comeback insult, especially the swag part!

Without swag, where we be in this sport ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that every team in the conference was upset when Loyola got rid of the old coach. He is a talented coach, but was constantly having to deal with parental BS. I think Loyola needed a breath of fresh air in the building to clear some of that out. Hearing the AD was made aware of that situation immediately upon being hired and it was a priority to correct. I think he got it right with Haus. Give him time to cook. His network of connections between him and his family are great, and he's used to navigating a politics-heavy team. I could see them returning to the final 4 this year and pushing to win it all. Overlook them at your own peril.

I think people may be on to something with JC too. They have only had a handful of good wins in conference. How they beat CH, I don't know. But they definitely effected other teams recruiting strategy in the conference. Less kids are leaving Harford County. I could see a spike in interest with Gunnar taking over. He's a young, positive guy. And the opportunities to play there are pretty good. A friend said the President wants to make JC a "premier lacrosse destination" in conference. That might be talk. But he did it with basketball, baseball and soccer, so you never know. Another team to watch this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently reading comprehension isn’t available at BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that every team in the conference was upset when Loyola got rid of the old coach. He is a talented coach, but was constantly having to deal with parental BS. I think Loyola needed a breath of fresh air in the building to clear some of that out. Hearing the AD was made aware of that situation immediately upon being hired and it was a priority to correct. I think he got it right with Haus. Give him time to cook. His network of connections between him and his family are great, and he's used to navigating a politics-heavy team. I could see them returning to the final 4 this year and pushing to win it all. Overlook them at your own peril.

I think people may be on to something with JC too. They have only had a handful of good wins in conference. How they beat CH, I don't know. But they definitely effected other teams recruiting strategy in the conference. Less kids are leaving Harford County. I could see a spike in interest with Gunnar taking over. He's a young, positive guy. And the opportunities to play there are pretty good. A friend said the President wants to make JC a "premier lacrosse destination" in conference. That might be talk. But he did it with basketball, baseball and soccer, so you never know. Another team to watch this year.

Every parent so far is happy and excited for what Gunnar is going to bring to the team. That said, the JC president is a dipsh t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bernhardt back at Maryland where he belongs. The OG reclass is back!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dipsh-t is being too friendly with that little guy. He is insufferable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently reading comprehension isn’t available at BL.

Please keep education and BL out of same sentence. Not fair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember that when everyone says how great our youth teams are compared to Long Island. They should be better they are OLDER. Hence why everyone is afraid to do the World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every parent so far is happy and excited for what Gunnar is going to bring to the team. That said, the JC president is a dipsh t.

Phones are ringing off the hill today for JC rising Juniors!! LFG!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bernhardt back at Maryland where he belongs. The OG reclass is back!

Was he a reclass ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because I am sure they are all talking about it with you for you to know that🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who

I think he is referring to the JC President being both a dipsh-t and insufferable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because I am sure they are all talking about it with you for you to know that🙄

Phone blowing up all day with excited parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember that when everyone says how great our youth teams are compared to Long Island. They should be better they are OLDER. Hence why everyone is afraid to do the World Series.

Yeah like LI has no holdbacks...but it's true that it's less pervasive bc even Catholic HS is $70k there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2 kids for 4 years maybe - St. Anthony's in LI is $12k, Chamindade is $14k

Like Reply Quote
Page 293 of 334 1 2 291 292 293 294 295 333 334
Quick Reply