BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,044
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Girls 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Jesters, went to tryouts this week. Received invite for Jesters Blue. Is that the B team? I think they just have Black and Pink this summer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Regarding Jesters, went to tryouts this week. Received invite for Jesters Blue. Is that the B team? I think they just have Black and Pink this summer

Black- A
Blue- B
Pink- C
White- D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue is B

Blue is B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received invite - 2029 Pirreca? Is that considered black team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still fairly new to lax as we have been playing for 3 years in Nassau. Envision a scenario between Jesters B, Top Guns B, or Liberty (only one team at liberty). Would think that training would be the deciding factor so would think Liberty for us but do I go the Topguns or Jesters to get in the door and train hard and try to get on the A team in the next couple of years?

Appreciate any insight.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not forget about Igloo 2029 was at there first look last week and what a turn out will be interesting to see tryouts tomorrow. Heard a ton of girls trying out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone at the YJ tryouts on Sunday? How was the turnout? Are they creating a 4th team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still fairly new to lax as we have been playing for 3 years in Nassau. Envision a scenario between Jesters B, Top Guns B, or Liberty (only one team at liberty). Would think that training would be the deciding factor so would think Liberty for us but do I go the Topguns or Jesters to get in the door and train hard and try to get on the A team in the next couple of years?

Appreciate any insight.

Liberty is not a competitive team in 2029. Barely played this year. Jesters is not good in 2029 (but good in other years). Top Guns B is ranked poorly on paper, but they have been playing in some aggressive brackets. Good program to be a part of and not a dead end street. Probably the right choice in this equation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pirecca AA
blue A
pink B
white C

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pirecca black AA , blue A , pink B when registering for tournaments

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blue is registering in tournaments as an A team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congratulations that is the AA team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait.. is Jesters really trying to sell this AA vs A nonsense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That seems reasonable. Trying to view this from an independent standpoint.

I think as long as Jester Blue team:

- Registers as an A team In tournaments
- Plays in same tournaments as Jesters Black (AA designated team)
- access to the same training as AA Jesters Black
- Opportunity and movement between Black/ Blue

Seems like a win-win

If this is the best team that my kid can get on and she has access to the above I don’t see a down side. The biggest perk of a Blue team seems to be playing top tier opponents in same tournaments at the Black (AA team).

The game is growing and at this age group and others, there only seems to be 3 major clubs on the island with limited spots so this appears to attempt to solve the issue of limited spots at a major club.

I welcome a counter point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just wish Jesters was more transparent about what it means to be on the blue team. I think folks would still sign up to be a part of the club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a win-win

If this is the best team that my kid can get on and she has access to the above I don’t see a down side. The biggest perk of a Blue team seems to be playing top tier opponents in same tournaments at the Black (AA team).

The game is growing and at this age group and others, there only seems to be 3 major clubs on the island with limited spots so this appears to attempt to solve the issue of limited spots at a major club.

Jesters Black is basically a B team in this age division. Could only imagine what their “AA” Blue team would look like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d go to 91 Thunder over Jesters “blue”. A bunch of liberty kids going to sharpshooters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be competitive in top brackets you probably need to be ranked in the top 20. This summer the jester A team was #37, and the B team was #130. A LOT would have to happen to field two top 20 teams next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jesters B team is Pink.
their A team is blue
their AA team is pirecca black this year

do not listen to those calling blue B, they will be registering tournaments as an A team and be training as an A team as they have a AA team with pirecca

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a lot is happening, BIG coach changes and roster changes for jesters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is girls lacrosse. You know this "AA" and "A" distinction doesn't actually exist right?

"be training as an A team" what does this even mean? Do they have super secret drills they don't tell the B team about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a win-win

Jesters Black is basically a B team in this age division. Could only imagine what their “AA” Blue team would look like.

2030 parent here.

Agree with you but might not be true for other age groups. The 2030 Jesters black will probably be top 10-15 team. 2030 blue is a new team for this year. We’ll see how they do.

If you don’t like AA or A.. just use Black/ Blue. Bottom line is they expect both of these teams to be competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It exists in boys lacrosse and its fairly subjective. I see some "AA" teams get destroyed in tournaments but don't want to advertise that they are really a "A" team. My question to this forum - is it better to be on the B team for a highly competitive club (that always ranks in the top 25 for most years) or on the A team for a newer club that competes with less competitive teams right now but their goal is to be in the top 25 in the next few years? Their other year team rankings range from 25 to 200 depending on the year....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It exists in boys lacrosse and its fairly subjective. I see some "AA" teams get destroyed in tournaments but don't want to advertise that they are really a "A" team. My question to this forum - is it better to be on the B team for a highly competitive club (that always ranks in the top 25 for most years) or on the A team for a newer club that competes with less competitive teams right now but their goal is to be in the top 25 in the next few years? Their other year team rankings range from 25 to 200 depending on the year....

Interesting question… I would point to YJ in Suffolk and say that it would be better to be on the B team of a competitive club. Some of those YJ B teams would be most A teams any day of the week. Plus name of the game is to get in front of the eyes of colleges which is what most big clubs do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Liberty be able to field a team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Liberty be able to field a team this year?
fool to me that 2 of the powerhouse towns with club teams Tradition (GC) and Liberty (Manhasset) heads into the next year with stock down and possibility of not fielding teams at certain ages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can’t tradition or liberty field teams. What years can’t they field teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tradition- very hard to sustain talent when they dont bring in anyone outside of town. Liberty merged with jesters, Danielle Gallagher one foot out the door. Only coaching older teams, writing on the wall with that club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It exists in boys lacrosse and its fairly subjective. I see some "AA" teams get destroyed in tournaments but don't want to advertise that they are really a "A" team.

No. This does not exist. A program’s best team is their A team. A tournament’s best bracket is their A bracket. A good tournament is an A tournament. AA is not part of this discussion because it does not exist. And when a program’s A team performs below that of the competitions’ B teams, it’s delusional to add A’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It exists in boys lacrosse and its fairly subjective. I see some "AA" teams get destroyed in tournaments but don't want to advertise that they are really a "A" team.

No. This does not exist. A program’s best team is their A team. A tournament’s best bracket is their A bracket. A good tournament is an A tournament. AA is not part of this discussion because it does not exist. And when a program’s A team performs below that of the competitions’ B teams, it’s delusional to add A’s.

It absolutely does exist in boy club lacrosse. It's silly and completely made up but it exists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It absolutely does exist in boy club lacrosse. It's silly and completely made up but it exists.

Last time I checked we are talking about girls lacrosse and in that case AA does not exist. And clubs selling this is just rude. Jesters A or AA team whatever they want to sell is neither. They cannot hang with top tier teams and enter lower brackets as a result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to call jesters blue “A” which are ranked in age groups such as 27 and 28 in the 90’s and well into the 100’s, I don’t think that’s accurate. 29 jesters black is ranked 36 so I won’t even count that year. what I can tell there is a huge disparity from jester black and Blue. Seems like other club’s B teams that only have 2 teams not 4 like jesters and aren’t calling their B team A have comparable or better rankings than jesters Blue. Just based on rankings(how they perform and who they play) jesters blue is a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened to YJ Mills? Tryouts are tmrw but top players already left? Ashame bc that team was on a roll beating teams like tradition and tieing Friedman. Hopefully they can get a few key pieces this week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened to YJ Mills? Tryouts are tmrw but top players already left? Ashame bc that team was on a roll beating teams like tradition and tieing Friedman. Hopefully they can get a few key pieces this week

Curious about this as well. The coaching seemed very good and thought that team would break top 15 this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe people got fed up with the insane dad coach on the side lines. Dude is an embarrassment to the YJ organization and prevents the actual coaches from doing their jobs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They never tied Friedman that’s a lie.

I’d assume the parents are jumping off a sinking ship after losing to Duswalt , which puts Mills as the YJ C team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe people got fed up with the insane dad coach on the side lines. Dude is an embarrassment to the YJ organization and prevents the actual coaches from doing their jobs.

Carol wouldn't have tolerated that 4 or 5 years ago. She is clearly checked out and just happy to cash checks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They never tied Friedman that’s a lie.

I’d assume the parents are jumping off a sinking ship after losing to Duswalt , which puts Mills as the YJ C team
They did tie friedman that led to a silly braveheart.YJ Mills was poised to take the lead in 23/24 but kids jumped ship. Dont think was head coaching fault

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious about this as well. The coaching seemed very good and thought that team would break top 15 this year.
Agreed, maybe parents felt TG's and 91 was a better venue for recruiting purposes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The head dad coach is definitely not insane and not an embarrassment. He did what he could do to keep the team together for so many years. Unfortunately couterparts split for pasture greens

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard