BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All I can share from my 24 was the following helped in this order, NLF tournaments, 1% PCT showcase, IMG showcase and club coach. High School on Island is not top tier so we got a lot of help from his NLF team.and coach. Hope this helps you all and good luck.

Yeah. My son plays for a middling high school team and his coach hasn't helped at all. It's frustrating but I'm guessing not uncommon.

The old blame the coach for my kids lack of success complaint. It’s as old as time. Get up off your couch and get to work for YOUR son.

Stop pretending you have any idea what is going on here. My son's hs coach isn't helping, but his club coach and director are. Take your trolling somewhere else.

Yup, the coach you PAY thousands of dollars is helping. Stop paying him and see what happens

Why on earth would I stop paying him when I need him most? That doesn't even make sense.

I don't care if my son plays another second of travel ball but I'll keep paying to get the advantage of his club director.

Just remember, if you had invested that money into tutors the scholarship money would have been three times what you’re getting for lacrosse. Even a 529 would have given you a better return. That’s the “why on earth”.
What if I did all 3?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on with the S2S 2nd team.
What have you heard?

They are seemingly going down a similar path as Igloo Flurry.
What path is that? Do you mean take peoples money, not be transparent, than screw kids after it's too late to move teams? I don't think so.
Well this season is over and I know they played in some tournaments. Whats the issue?

They had very low members when my sons played them and even had players from the Hawks fill in. Those numbers won’t improve and the question is…do you stick it out or do you try to make that one last move so the fall and next season are worthwhile.
I heard that they weren't having a second team. I guess it's hard for second teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

What path is that? Do you mean take peoples money, not be transparent, than screw kids after it's too late to move teams? I don't think so.
Well this season is over and I know they played in some tournaments. Whats the issue?

S2S B team forfeited day two of Summer BO today. If I paid to be on that team I'm not happy about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

S2S B team forfeited day two of Summer BO today. If I paid to be on that team I'm not happy about that.

Well tryouts start next week at least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore to shore’s last good Team was 2023 A! And they stole their best players from 91!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore to shore’s last good Team was 2023 A! And they stole their best players from 91!

Kinda tough, because the last year of club is upcoming. This sorta feels is like Flurry two years ago and FLG last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can share from my 24 was the following helped in this order, NLF tournaments, 1% PCT showcase, IMG showcase and club coach. High School on Island is not top tier so we got a lot of help from his NLF team.and coach. Hope this helps you all and good luck.

Yeah. My son plays for a middling high school team and his coach hasn't helped at all. It's frustrating but I'm guessing not uncommon.

The old blame the coach for my kids lack of success complaint. It’s as old as time. Get up off your couch and get to work for YOUR son.

Stop pretending you have any idea what is going on here. My son's hs coach isn't helping, but his club coach and director are. Take your trolling somewhere else.

Yup, the coach you PAY thousands of dollars is helping. Stop paying him and see what happens

Why on earth would I stop paying him when I need him most? That doesn't even make sense.

I don't care if my son plays another second of travel ball but I'll keep paying to get the advantage of his club director.

Just remember, if you had invested that money into tutors the scholarship money would have been three times what you’re getting for lacrosse. Even a 529 would have given you a better return. That’s the “why on earth”.
What if I did all 3?

You didn’t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting an open debate. With this group now heading into the last year, what is better…playing time on a competitive team or meaningless minutes on a AA team? I get it practice with better players has an advantage, but only at the younger grades. Now it’s all about field time. You all invested so much, and now, in the last year, your son needs to play and play in one goal games in front of coaches. I am of the opinion that unless my son is getting meaningful minutes with a club that is putting them in correct event, you should reevaluate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting an open debate. With this group now heading into the last year, what is better…playing time on a competitive team or meaningless minutes on a AA team? I get it practice with better players has an advantage, but only at the younger grades. Now it’s all about field time. You all invested so much, and now, in the last year, your son needs to play and play in one goal games in front of coaches. I am of the opinion that unless my son is getting meaningful minutes with a club that is putting them in correct event, you should reevaluate.

It sounds like you are thinking that your son would like to continue playing in college. There is a place to play for everybody that wants to, no matter their talent level, DI, II, III and a whole list of club leagues. Pick your school based on academics and finances before deciding on lacrosse. If your son is not playing now at the club level he's probably not good enough to get looked at by many "lacrosse" schools. Playing in college may sound great but its a huge commitment to maintain grades while doing it, no matter what level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your goal is to get recruited by any school, meaningful minutes. The colleges you are in contact with will look at your play regardless if you are A or B or C team IF they have you on their list.

If your goal is to be recruited by only high D1 or high D3 you have to be on a top team AND play meaningful minutes.

Finally being on a top team but not playing much will get you looks from lower tier programs but probably not as much as scenario #1

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your goal is to get recruited by any school, meaningful minutes. The colleges you are in contact with will look at your play regardless if you are A or B or C team IF they have you on their list.

If your goal is to be recruited by only high D1 or high D3 you have to be on a top team AND play meaningful minutes.

Finally being on a top team but not playing much will get you looks from lower tier programs but probably not as much as scenario #1

This right here is exactly correct. You have to know your kid and what he wants (and can realistically do).

Great advice whoever posted this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a Nassau County team that has an opening for a goalie
Boys 2025
JV, Varsity and Travel experience

I don't want to pay for tryouts if the goalie slots are already filled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like you are thinking that your son would like to continue playing in college. There is a place to play for everybody that wants to, no matter their talent level, DI, II, III and a whole list of club leagues. Pick your school based on academics and finances before deciding on lacrosse. If your son is not playing now at the club level he's probably not good enough to get looked at by many "lacrosse" schools. Playing in college may sound great but its a huge commitment to maintain grades while doing it, no matter what level

This is so true. Quite literally the worst lacrosse player I have ever seen is "committed" to some no-name D-III school as per his social media, and that of his HS. He has never played a meaningful minute on a school team, and is on the lowest of the lowest travel teams. At almost any school, you will be given a roster spot if you want one and can obey the rules of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just amass True Lacrosse is expanding to Long Island. We need less clubs here not more. All I know is the 5 True teams we have played in the last year we’re not very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im guessing at this age group, most teams are pretty much set and the tryouts are just money grabs and looking for an outlier or two?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just amass True Lacrosse is expanding to Long Island. We need less clubs here not more. All I know is the 5 True teams we have played in the last year we’re not very good.

Stop being a hater. Yor kid couldn't even make a TRUE team. Stick to soccer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a hater, just an opinion and observation. Long Island was consolidating for a reason last summer. Look at that the moves Rebels and Legacy made last year by adsorbing clubs.. Plus some 2025 boys teams completely shut down their teams last summer. The market is saturated in my humble opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop being a hater. Yor kid couldn't even make a TRUE team. Stick to soccer!

Correct because he would have to want to tryout.lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the All American roster for this age group, what happened there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the talent here and everywhere went to Nike All Star Games. Writing was on wall when Under Armor pulled out. Guess things change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s what happens when you let certain clubs make the teams. Same thing has been happening for years. It’s all about favoritism and the good players stay away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike event was exceptional this year for our 2024. 24 has done Nike every year while our older son did the other one before Nike was here. Nike has taken the torch. The teams from different regions play like teams. Probably why the college coaches are hitting Nike in force. It is like the NLF all star game and good timing just before the big NLF summer event. If planned right can end the summer laxer season in mid July. Parents and kids have had enough laxer events by now. Good luck to everyone in the next few months.You will miss the days of youth laxer season soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s what happens when you let certain clubs make the teams. Same thing has been happening for years. It’s all about favoritism and the good players stay away.

So true, the scratch my back game for decades backfired. Especially when new competition came along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The irony is as under armour has tried to become less political (even though they still are) they have become less and less relevant while Nike arguably has become more political but has risen in power and even though they have become political there is no denying the talent in Nike as compared to Under Armour this year.

Timing of under armour also stinks. Too close to the august lacrosse snooze. Most people have checked out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a hater, just an opinion and observation. Long Island was consolidating for a reason last summer. Look at that the moves Rebels and Legacy made last year by adsorbing clubs.. Plus some 2025 boys teams completely shut down their teams last summer. The market is saturated in my humble opinion.

Rebels play well as a team. And they train the kids. why give them [Censored]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the AA Hawks make the playoff bracket at Lake George?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They struggled to get kids to tryout but pieced together a good team. Plenty of future college players on that roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels play well as a team. And they train the kids. why give them [Censored]

Correct. They are the only club that does that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They struggled to get kids to tryout but pieced together a good team. Plenty of future college players on that roster.
Nobody was interested in trying out for obvious reasons. They had to have a supplemental tryout. Not a strong roster at all. They’re wasting their money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody was interested in trying out for obvious reasons. They had to have a supplemental tryout. Not a strong roster at all. They’re wasting their money.

Why don’t you explain what financial investment in lacrosse is not a waste?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard coaches were lining the sidelines up there this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you don’t know who many of the kids on the roster are. They’ll put up points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you don’t know who many of the kids on the roster are. They’ll put up points.
Not with the one FOGO Hawks Black player.. you won’t win games with him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard coaches were lining the sidelines up there this weekend.

All kidding aside, because this all light hearted. There were a lot of coaches. This is a great event. The tourney organizers do a fantastic job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They struggled to get kids to tryout but pieced together a good team. Plenty of future college players on that roster.[/quote]
Nobody was interested in trying out for obvious reasons. They had to have a supplemental tryout. Not a strong roster at all. They’re wasting their money.[/quote]

Sounds like you don’t know who many of the kids on the roster are. They’ll put up points.[/quote]
Not with the one FOGO Hawks Black player.. you won’t win games with him[/quote]

You sound like a fogo dad who isn't on the team.

And does winning games really matter anymore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nike got all the thunder with three hundred coaches and the best NLF talent. Nike so big it took three venues to host.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prediction, they pack up and leave the already watered down market
Bye

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is United putting a team together this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the exception of Legrush and Express….tonight, are final tryouts done for this group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the exception of Legrush and Express….tonight, are final tryouts done for this group?

Legacy East is later this week.

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard