BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 93 of 112 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is an unbiased recap of some of the action we watched this weekend. We watched a lot of games (as there was nothing else to do) and my daughter wants to try out for a higher level team. We figured before the tryouts, this was a great place to watch a lot of the teams and see if she has a chance.

YJ. Clearly the top team this weekend. Watched 2.5 of their games. Ball movement was incredible. Physical. Goalie is an absolute beast. She clears 50-60 yards with a flick of the wrist. Coaching is a different level. Constant subbing. Fresh legs. And they come in waves. When one gets a bit winded, someone just as fast switches out. I am not sure anyone can score more than 5 on these girls. If they are not at least in the finals of LFTC, I would be surprised.

Heros. Other than the loss to YJ, I thought they looked second best. Watched almost 3 games. Middies are fast. Big defenders. Ball movement is sharp. Saw them backdoor M&D with the same play multiple times. Do a great job subbing out. Liked the way they communicate on the field. Draw girl was great. I can see a YJ / Heros rematch in finals at LFTC.

FLG. Saw 2.5 games. For a team that had only 2 or 3 reserves, they play hard. When I saw that M&D was up 4 or 5, I figured it was over. Then 10 minutes later they were only down 1. They just don't give up. Goalie was solid. Coach is very vocal (which I like). Little bit of trouble clearing the ball from defensive side. Was pleasantly surprised at their ability to keep scores close and low scoring.

M&D. Saw 3 games. 3rd best team we saw. We expected more based on the #1 ranking last 2 years. Ball movement is not very sharp. Their top middie line was really good. Then it goes really flat. And I am not sure how many girls they have (looks like about 25) but they never sub except for mid line. In 3 games, we didn't see one sub at attack or defense other than at halftime. Sunday afternoon some of their kids looked gassed chasing YJ around. Against Hero's they must have had 15 turnovers. They still have lots of talent, but based on this weekend, It would be surprising to see them make it to finals at LFTC.

BLC. We are not sure what we saw. Watched 2 games. Looks like a lot of talent. Especially at attack. Goalie was strong. But she was under fire constantly. We knew this would be a tough weekend. But did not see 0-4. Something is clearly missing there. Not a lot of enthusiasm. Their season usually ends sooner than other clubs. Maybe they can find a spark next weekend. But it looks like they are paired with Aces and M&D. Could be a tough draw.

SW. Watched 2 games. Looks like they are improving. Although I believe they were in a lower competition bracket. Watched them barely beat a bad NEMS team and squeak by Liberty. Defenders are big and tough. Looks like a tough schedule as well for them next weekend against Aces and M&D.

MDU. They were fun to watch. Well coached. Defense is tough. Goalie was strong. Really good ball movement. Not sure they are at the same level as the top bracket we saw. But I wouldn't want to face them in a 20 minute game

Jesters. Physical team. Offense is a bit pedestrian. But their defense keeps things really close. Again, another team I would not want to play in a playoff game. Draw girl was solid. Kids just seem to be tough from L.I.

I will also add we were checking out parents to see if there were any issues of behavior. I have to say I thought everyone was very respectful. I didn't witness any arguments. Might be a little more vocal next week....as there is a championship at stake.

I did not want to denigrate any teams. They are certainly stronger than my daughters team. Just giving my 2 cents.

No parent issues at all for the entire weekend which was awesome to see! Next weekend will be fun even though New Egypt isn't exactly a destination location and fields are meh especially at the Allentown location.

My biggest takeaway from LLL was there is a HUGE gap between top 5-8 teams in the country and everyone else.

For example, Skywalkers who has struggled off and on for a long time played tied against Steps (11) and won against Primetime (13) but will be in a world of hurt next weekend in the top bracket.

Who are the top 5-8 teams in your opinion?

In my opinion based on last year not just last weekend

Hero’s
Aces
YJ
M&D
FL Select
Eagle Stix
Alliance

I know some people here don’t think alliance belongs in this list, but if you have every watched them play you know they belong. My daughter has played on or against all of those teams and she said they were “by far” the most talented teams she’s ever played

Then you have a second tier which includes

Jesters
BLC
MD United
FLG

And then after that you really have no meaningful difference between 13 and 35. Some teams are definitely more talented but not sure I would call any game between those teams an upset.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alliance, isn’t it an All Star team of mostly kids from CA that play for other clubs sans 2-3 tournaments a year?

Same with HHH National. Nothing against their talent but it’s kinda BS to count them in rankings when players are also rostered on other ranked teams.

In theory, you could take the American Select MD team and send them to Sand storm and some other West tournament, then have them ranked #1. Doesn’t make logical sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an unbiased recap of some of the action we watched this weekend. We watched a lot of games (as there was nothing else to do) and my daughter wants to try out for a higher level team. We figured before the tryouts, this was a great place to watch a lot of the teams and see if she has a chance.

YJ. Clearly the top team this weekend. Watched 2.5 of their games. Ball movement was incredible. Physical. Goalie is an absolute beast. She clears 50-60 yards with a flick of the wrist. Coaching is a different level. Constant subbing. Fresh legs. And they come in waves. When one gets a bit winded, someone just as fast switches out. I am not sure anyone can score more than 5 on these girls. If they are not at least in the finals of LFTC, I would be surprised.

Heros. Other than the loss to YJ, I thought they looked second best. Watched almost 3 games. Middies are fast. Big defenders. Ball movement is sharp. Saw them backdoor M&D with the same play multiple times. Do a great job subbing out. Liked the way they communicate on the field. Draw girl was great. I can see a YJ / Heros rematch in finals at LFTC.

FLG. Saw 2.5 games. For a team that had only 2 or 3 reserves, they play hard. When I saw that M&D was up 4 or 5, I figured it was over. Then 10 minutes later they were only down 1. They just don't give up. Goalie was solid. Coach is very vocal (which I like). Little bit of trouble clearing the ball from defensive side. Was pleasantly surprised at their ability to keep scores close and low scoring.

M&D. Saw 3 games. 3rd best team we saw. We expected more based on the #1 ranking last 2 years. Ball movement is not very sharp. Their top middie line was really good. Then it goes really flat. And I am not sure how many girls they have (looks like about 25) but they never sub except for mid line. In 3 games, we didn't see one sub at attack or defense other than at halftime. Sunday afternoon some of their kids looked gassed chasing YJ around. Against Hero's they must have had 15 turnovers. They still have lots of talent, but based on this weekend, It would be surprising to see them make it to finals at LFTC.

BLC. We are not sure what we saw. Watched 2 games. Looks like a lot of talent. Especially at attack. Goalie was strong. But she was under fire constantly. We knew this would be a tough weekend. But did not see 0-4. Something is clearly missing there. Not a lot of enthusiasm. Their season usually ends sooner than other clubs. Maybe they can find a spark next weekend. But it looks like they are paired with Aces and M&D. Could be a tough draw.

SW. Watched 2 games. Looks like they are improving. Although I believe they were in a lower competition bracket. Watched them barely beat a bad NEMS team and squeak by Liberty. Defenders are big and tough. Looks like a tough schedule as well for them next weekend against Aces and M&D.

MDU. They were fun to watch. Well coached. Defense is tough. Goalie was strong. Really good ball movement. Not sure they are at the same level as the top bracket we saw. But I wouldn't want to face them in a 20 minute game

Jesters. Physical team. Offense is a bit pedestrian. But their defense keeps things really close. Again, another team I would not want to play in a playoff game. Draw girl was solid. Kids just seem to be tough from L.I.

I will also add we were checking out parents to see if there were any issues of behavior. I have to say I thought everyone was very respectful. I didn't witness any arguments. Might be a little more vocal next week....as there is a championship at stake.

I did not want to denigrate any teams. They are certainly stronger than my daughters team. Just giving my 2 cents.

No parent issues at all for the entire weekend which was awesome to see! Next weekend will be fun even though New Egypt isn't exactly a destination location and fields are meh especially at the Allentown location.

My biggest takeaway from LLL was there is a HUGE gap between top 5-8 teams in the country and everyone else.

For example, Skywalkers who has struggled off and on for a long time played tied against Steps (11) and won against Primetime (13) but will be in a world of hurt next weekend in the top bracket.

In my opinion based on last year not just last weekend

Hero’s
Aces
YJ
M&D
FL Select
Eagle Stix
Alliance

I know some people here don’t think alliance belongs in this list, but if you have every watched them play you know they belong. My daughter has played on or against all of those teams and she said they were “by far” the most talented teams she’s ever played

Then you have a second tier which includes

Jesters
BLC
MD United
FLG

And then after that you really have no meaningful difference between 13 and 35. Some teams are definitely more talented but not sure I would call any game between those teams an upset.

Rankings a bit different than who's playing the best

If going off rankings, top 6 or 7 should be

Hero's
YJ
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
Eagle Stix
Jesters
FLG
MDU or Bethesda

If going off who is playing the best

YJ
Hero's
M&D
Madskilz
Eagle Stix
Jesters
MDU
FLG
Bethesda

Aces left off because they haven't played in 7 months. Although I am sure they will be top 5 before end of season. As they will be active over the next month

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most YJ 27 parents are awful people to be around in lax and in life. See the "called off dogs" comment and many others scattered about the botc pages. Not graceful in victory or defeat.

Be nice to YJ parents. For about 8 of the kids, Live Love Lax will be the only non-[Censored] time minutes they get all summer. Wait till championship format where no more than 12-13 field players see the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what we played in last couple of years (in no order)

YJ long island A team
M&D black
HG
Alliance
Aces

The next tier is dramatically lower

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alliance, isn’t it an All Star team of mostly kids from CA that play for other clubs sans 2-3 tournaments a year?

Same with HHH National. Nothing against their talent but it’s kinda BS to count them in rankings when players are also rostered on other ranked teams.

In theory, you could take the American Select MD team and send them to Sand storm and some other West tournament, then have them ranked #1. Doesn’t make logical sense.

Alliance is not an all-star tea and at least at the 27 level, all but 3 players are from Southern California. They play 2 fall tourneys, 1 winter one and 4 summer tourneys. They move to the east coast for 3 weeks in the summer and have practices and camps like a college team.

They also have some "regional" teams which don't leave the west coast which some but not all players, play on to get additional games.

I don't think they are anywhere near as deep as a Heros or M&D. And since they play most girls, they can struggle in pool play. But I would not want to see them in a 20 minute playoff game

From my perspective, they have the best attacker at this age group in the country (by a decent margin) and a middy and low attacker who would start and be the primary option on any 2027 team in the country.

Historically, they have had multiple girls dual rosters which other top teams (mostly team 180) but this year with only one exception (at another age group) they are a dedicated team.

HHH National is very different. It's the top 12 or so players from HHH combined with girls from other clubs (mostly Mass Elite, Steps and Grizzlies). They are a true national team and only play a few tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alliance is not an all-star tea and at least at the 27 level, all but 3 players are from Southern California. They play 2 fall tourneys, 1 winter one and 4 summer tourneys. They move to the east coast for 3 weeks in the summer and have practices and camps like a college team.

They also have some "regional" teams which don't leave the west coast which some but not all players, play on to get additional games.

I don't think they are anywhere near as deep as a Heros or M&D. And since they play most girls, they can struggle in pool play. But I would not want to see them in a 20 minute playoff game

From my perspective, they have the best attacker at this age group in the country (by a decent margin) and a middy and low attacker who would start and be the primary option on any 2027 team in the country.

Historically, they have had multiple girls dual rosters which other top teams (mostly team 180) but this year with only one exception (at another age group) they are a dedicated team.

HHH National is very different. It's the top 12 or so players from HHH combined with girls from other clubs (mostly Mass Elite, Steps and Grizzlies). They are a true national team and only play a few tourneys.

Thanks Alliance mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH National team only has a few of the HHH 27 club girls; it’s mostly Mass Elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alliance has the best attacker in the 2027 age level by a descent margin? Wow, that is really saying something if true.

So you are saying outside of one kid, those kids aren’t on any other club roster? What tournaments are they in for summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH National team only has a few of the HHH 27 club girls; it’s mostly Mass Elite.

So the #10 ranked HHH National has the majority of its roster comprised of girls who are on the #14 ranked Mass Elite team?

Where is the logic in that? Get rid of National teams in rankings

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the #10 ranked HHH National has the majority of its roster comprised of girls who are on the #14 ranked Mass Elite team?

Where is the logic in that? Get rid of National teams in rankings

I think it is 8 HHH, 7 Mass Elite and mostly other girls from CT and NJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alliance has the best attacker in the 2027 age level by a descent margin? Wow, that is really saying something if true.

So you are saying outside of one kid, those kids aren’t on any other club roster? What tournaments are they in for summer?

Not sure about all of them, but they are registered for Youth Nationals and Mid Atlantic. I assume they will likely play one the weekend before as wel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at draft pools for mid Atlantic. Just like last year for Alliance CA team. They are grouped with lesser teams while Aces, M&D, Eagle Stix, FL Select and Jesters are in the top pool and will beat each other senseless. Easy street to a 20-min final that Alliance may well win…need to be in the meat grinder pool if they are coming all this way to Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at draft pools for mid Atlantic. Just like last year for Alliance CA team. They are grouped with lesser teams while Aces, M&D, Eagle Stix, FL Select and Jesters are in the top pool and will beat each other senseless. Easy street to a 20-min final that Alliance may well win…need to be in the meat grinder pool if they are coming all this way to Maryland.

They play low levels every tournament. Haven't beat a single top level team.

Don't drink the Kool aid. Easy to get into playoffs when you hide in the bottom brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't drink the Kool aid. Easy to get into playoffs when you hide in the bottom brackets

It's not hiding when Robinson Sports/M&D won't put you in the top brackets.

Alliance directors were going to switch to Maryland Cup this year, but Robinson Sports promised them to be in top bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a team travel that far and not play in the top bracket. Especially when they are claiming they are a top team. With the top attacker in the country LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got your money. All they car about now. Buying bad teams from other clubs. Promising teams that attend their tournaments. So MD Cup next year. You will love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alliance directors were going to switch to Maryland Cup this year, but Robinson Sports promised them to be in top bracket.

Um. Maybe it was promised to be in the lower bracket so they could guarantee a playoff appearance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um. Maybe it was promised to be in the lower bracket so they could guarantee a playoff appearance

Alliance has a nice / smaller draw girl who is very skilled and FAST.

Don't recall seeing a student attacker but they were good overall, of course they are pulling from a big geo

Parents were all nice too fwiw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got your money. All they car about now. Buying bad teams from other clubs. Promising teams that attend their tournaments. So MD Cup next year. You will love it.

At older age groups, MD Cup has a stronger field than mid Atlantic.

YJ, Capital, Aces, Heros, Top Guns, Grizzlies Monster, Prime Time, SW, Steps NJ, Steps CA, MDU, Team 180

At 25 age group (the only one that matters), 12 of top 15 ranked clubs playing at MD Cup. Only ones who aren't is M&D, Mass Elite and NXT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LFTC Predictions

To be honest picking the bottom four groups are just wild guesses

Playoff Teams:

Blush: Metro
Carnation: Steps Carolina
Coral: M&D Shore
Fushchia: YJ North
Magenta: Steps CA
Pink: YJ B
Rose: Monster, Coppermine
Ruby: YJ, NEMS
Salmon: Heros, Jesters, MDU
Scarlet: Aces, M&D, BLC

Quarters: Aces over Monster, YJ Over Jesters, M&D over MDU, Heros over BLC
Semis: Aces over YJ; Heros over M&D
Final: Aces over Heros

Should be a great tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ, Capital, Aces, Heros, Top Guns, Grizzlies Monster, Prime Time, SW, Steps NJ, Steps CA, MDU, Team 180

At 25 age group (the only one that matters), 12 of top 15 ranked clubs playing at MD Cup. Only ones who aren't is M&D, Mass Elite and NXT.

And how does this pertain to the 27s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The CA Allaince is ranked in the top 10 of 2027s and have played nobody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because PP was criticizing Maryland cup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I have noticed is how STEPS avoids being in the top bracket in any tournament that they run. The only time in the past three years they got out of their comfort zone avoiding the top bracket was last week when they entered the top bracket in the 24 age group. They were winless including loses to Skywalkers, Yellow Jackets, and getting destroyed by M&D. It seems to me their ranking is based on the owner and the individual running the tournaments deliberately avoiding top competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I have noticed is how STEPS avoids being in the top bracket in any tournament that they run. The only time in the past three years they got out of their comfort zone avoiding the top bracket was last week when they entered the top bracket in the 24 age group. They were winless including loses to Skywalkers, Yellow Jackets, and getting destroyed by M&D. It seems to me their ranking is based on the owner and the individual running the tournaments deliberately avoiding top competition.

Yellow Jackets too. Yellow Jackets and Steps top teams are in a group with 3 teams who should probably be playing 3 groups lower.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you realize that steps and yellow jackets work together to run LLL and other tournies. Set up to get their team to finals of their championship tournaments. Same with Md cup, they run that too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds similar to NGLL with MD and Heros

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same. Check out steps and yellow jackets playing in different and weaker brackets just to move on. Look at number of times the 3 best teams in Md get put in the same bracket so not all of them advance. In a league with playoffs like NGLL the best 2 teams don’t need to meet In regular season and should play in playoffs only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L4C takeaways

Aces is really good and their draw girl is best 27 I’ve seen yet, wow just wow.

BLC seems to be imploding, got smoked by Pride and pride got beat handily by Skywalkers which was surprising

HG and YJ had absolute cake walks and def in wrong brackets

Coppermine continues to win on consistent basis but doesn’t play up, ever

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same. Check out steps and yellow jackets playing in different and weaker brackets just to move on. Look at number of times the 3 best teams in Md get put in the same bracket so not all of them advance. In a league with playoffs like NGLL the best 2 teams don’t need to meet In regular season and should play in playoffs only.

Steps has to be the most overrated club out there. As others have said, they play in weak brackets and still can’t win in playoff formats.

Look at L4TC

For the 27-31 championships, 3 were won by Maryland clubs, 1 YJ team and 1 Aces. Steps was nowhere to be found and even YJ is struggling

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L4C takeaways

BLC seems to be imploding, got smoked by Pride and pride got beat handily by Skywalkers which was surprising

That’s not how lax for cure sets up their brackets, they put out two strong brackets that get 3 playoff seeds.

You could argue having to play MDU and Jesters is tougher road than playing Pride and SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unbiased review of the weekend

Aces was the best team all weekend. They got challenged twice. Both times against M&D. one goal games each time. And yes, #2 is still a beast. They only have 2 losses this season, both against M&D

M&D came to play. Many people thought they would not be a factor in this tournament. They have not been great recently. But if there is a championship at stake, expect M&D to win it or be in the final. It seems like every tournament.

Hero's played really well all weekend. Just ran into M&D in the semis. They seemed a bit lethargic. After scoring first against M&D, it seemed like they barely had the ball the rest of the game. Still think they have done enough to be considered the #1 team at 27's for now. Their season has been tremendous.

YJ. This is what happens when you play in a championship tournament (not like LLL). When you put yourselves in the cupcake divisions, you aren't ready for the tougher playoff matchups. Happens every year to them. Kill everyone in bracket play, then get to playoffs and don't perform.

MDU came to play. They always battle. They will play anyone, anywhere, any time. Beating YJ was certainly an upset. But in a 22 minute game, MDU is not a team you want to see. They were a pleasant surprise. And fun to watch.

Biggest disappointments have to be LI Top Guns and BLC. I thought Top Guns would show up and battle. But they are a shell of what they were last year.

BLC, I am not sure what I saw. A team loaded with talent getting blown out by M&D and Pride. Yet playing Aces and Hero's tough. Something is clearly wrong with this group. They should be a top 5-6 program. Yet they cannot get out of their own way. I am sure some parents are already planning tryouts with other clubs.

After LFTC (rankings for the year)

1. Hero's
2. Aces
3. M&D
4 YJ
5. Eaglestix
6. Madskilz
7. MDU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aces was the best team all weekend. They got challenged twice. Both times against M&D. one goal games each time. And yes, #2 is still a beast. They only have 2 losses this season, both against M&D

M&D came to play. Many people thought they would not be a factor in this tournament. They have not been great recently. But if there is a championship at stake, expect M&D to win it or be in the final. It seems like every tournament.

Hero's played really well all weekend. Just ran into M&D in the semis. They seemed a bit lethargic. After scoring first against M&D, it seemed like they barely had the ball the rest of the game. Still think they have done enough to be considered the #1 team at 27's for now. Their season has been tremendous.

YJ. This is what happens when you play in a championship tournament (not like LLL). When you put yourselves in the cupcake divisions, you aren't ready for the tougher playoff matchups. Happens every year to them. Kill everyone in bracket play, then get to playoffs and don't perform.

MDU came to play. They always battle. They will play anyone, anywhere, any time. Beating YJ was certainly an upset. But in a 22 minute game, MDU is not a team you want to see. They were a pleasant surprise. And fun to watch.

Biggest disappointments have to be LI Top Guns and BLC. I thought Top Guns would show up and battle. But they are a shell of what they were last year.

BLC, I am not sure what I saw. A team loaded with talent getting blown out by M&D and Pride. Yet playing Aces and Hero's tough. Something is clearly wrong with this group. They should be a top 5-6 program. Yet they cannot get out of their own way. I am sure some parents are already planning tryouts with other clubs.

1. Hero's
2. Aces
3. M&D
4 YJ
5. Eaglestix
6. Madskilz
7. MDU

Usually when someone says "unbiased" that isn't the case but this is a really solid review!

We played M&D, Aces and HG over the last couple of months and they are all really good. Personally I think M&D has the best top to bottom roster (horde talent) but Aces and HG are slightly better. (think Aces > HG)

Tryouts will be interesting, I would imagine top bottom roster girls at M&D land at places like Coppermine or SWB so they touch the field more.

BLC girls will all try for Cap Blue but those who don't make it will also head north to find a spot, already saw some BLC girls showing up at practices at multiple programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hero's
2. Aces
3. M&D
4 YJ
5. Eaglestix
6. Madskilz
7. MDU

Usually when someone says "unbiased" that isn't the case but this is a really solid review!

We played M&D, Aces and HG over the last couple of months and they are all really good. Personally I think M&D has the best top to bottom roster (horde talent) but Aces and HG are slightly better. (think Aces > HG)

Tryouts will be interesting, I would imagine top bottom roster girls at M&D land at places like Coppermine or SWB so they touch the field more.

BLC girls will all try for Cap Blue but those who don't make it will also head north to find a spot, already saw some BLC girls showing up at practices at multiple programs

Hey man...I kept it unbiased. lol

My kids team played 2 of these teams this weekend. Didn't win either. But watched a lot of other teams.

Just my opinion. I'm sure others are just as or more accurate than mine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy who does these 2027 reviews is on point. Nice job.

Wish we had a similar set of objective post tournament reviews in the 2028s thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L4C takeaways

My thoughts.

I agree #2 on Aces is one of the best 27 attackers out there. Fast, strong and can shoot from different angles. I actually think their low attacker with the helmet is even better than her. One of her second half goals against M&D was truly elite.

That said, #2 false starts on about 50% of her draws. At some point, some experienced refs will call that.

BLC's girls are clearly more focused on capital tryouts than the summer season. Sad, but not surprising. Luckily, they only have one tourney left.

Early on in the SW/M&D game I saw one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen in girls lax. #1 on M&D took a running cross check to the head and got knocked out of the game. I was worried the girl wouldn't get up. If there is ever a case for a red card in girls lax, that is it.

The turf field in Allentown is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I heard that Saturday afternoon there was a significant injury is almost every game. My daughter said the field was slow bad you had to slow down into ground balls.

YJ and Heros both need to upgrade at draw specialist. They have a ton of talent on their teams, but you won't win at the elite level winning 30% of draws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hero's
2. Aces
3. M&D
4 YJ
5. Eaglestix
6. Madskilz
7. MDU

Great point about BLC. Also I can tell you that for a couple of the top BLC girls, Capital isn't their first choice, mainly because of the high school they will attend. They will try out for it, but would rather play at one of big 2 Maryland clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy who does these 2027 reviews is on point. Nice job.

Wish we had a similar set of objective post tournament reviews in the 2028s thread.

Thanks. I try to be objective without overly insulting. Transparent.. I think it's easier to be a parent on a mid-level team when watching these top teams. I don't have a rooting interest

Page 93 of 112 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard