BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2025
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
July NLF at Lehigh will be the real deal, just wait for that before making judgements.

Best tournament of the year as the National Champ is crowned.Last year was Prime Time. So many scouts they fill the stadium.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ironic the “NLF isn’t that good” discussion comes out right around the same time a local club team is not allowed to participate in NLF events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ironic the “NLF isn’t that good” discussion comes out right around the same time a local club team is not allowed to participate in NLF events.
Which team is not allowed to participate? Why are they not allowed to participate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they are ranked number one by NLF. They came in a very close second and a goal away from winning the NLF yesterday. So the ranking looks pretty darn accurate. All top colleges were there evaluating the great teams all weekend. Super impressive. Everyone knows NLF tournaments are the best and all the best clubs are there, why are you so hysterical?

Seems like you are the one that is hysterical. The fact that NLF over ranks NLF member teams should not surprise anyone. I believe the teams at last weeks tournament were ranked by US Club Lax as follows:

Laxachuesetts Black - 8
Fog City - 13 Seem like some of their players may not have come in from San Francisco
LI Express Schreiber - 27
Mad Lax Cap 2024 - 29
HHH - 35
Hardcor - 93
ETC 34 - 115
Team91 LI United - 219

While there are some really good teams in the preceding list. I think "all the best clubs" being there is out of touch with reality.

They were unable to get most of their better affiliated teams to come. Prime Time (2), LI Express CoachC (5), Team 91 LI Shock (7), Sweetlax FL (10), Leading Edge (12), Mad Lax Cap 2025 (14), West Coast Starz (18), and Sweetlax Upstate (25) all elected not to participate.

It seems like NLF tournaments are losing steam. They are ducking better competition to protect their weaker teams.

OK, will bite, what better competition was missing

All but two of the U.S. Club Lax top 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is not allowed to participate? Why are they not allowed to participate?

NLF is a great tournament. However, I feel it’s complete chicken bleep that they are allowed to block a non-NLF club team from their geographic area. I know…it’s a business blah blah blah but name me one other sport that does this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah ha we exposed the truth. The anti-NLF / HHH 2025 rhetoric is because someone is upset they got bumped from NLF events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF events have the exposure, however you'll be playing in the crappiest venues ( dusty cow pastures or pot hole ridden uneven grass plots)
I'm assuming these NLF teams are tired of traveling hours away to play against the same old teams every summer also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF events have the exposure, however you'll be playing in the crappiest venues ( dusty cow pastures or pot hole ridden uneven grass plots)
I'm assuming these NLF teams are tired of traveling hours away to play against the same old teams every summer also.

Your kid is the next Paul Rabil of course. But if the next Pauly is playing in the dark gym it is going to be tough to get his talents to the next level before his pro career. So do us all a favor and get him to the cow track otherwise you are punishing us and the rest of the world. Do us a favor bud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NLF is a great tournament. However, I feel it’s complete chicken bleep that they are allowed to block a non-NLF club team from their geographic area. I know…it’s a business blah blah blah but name me one other sport that does this?
Is it only one club that is being blackballed or multiple? Does anyone know which teams are being excluded and why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d be willing to bet it’s a Team Ten dad who believes that their USCL ranking of 3 entitles them to enter or be invited to all the tournaments.

Nobody cares about the summer kickoff. They care about the National Championship.

It has nothing to do with being “scared” to play team ten. Literally it’s only to influence kids/parents to play on an NLF team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. And if you are so consumed with your team's "ranking" as a rising junior in high school then your priorities are way out of balance. That argument is for middle schoolers. HINT: College coaches do not care about team rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid is the next Paul Rabil of course. But if the next Pauly is playing in the dark gym it is going to be tough to get his talents to the next level before his pro career. So do us all a favor and get him to the cow track otherwise you are punishing us and the rest of the world. Do us a favor bud.

HAHAHAHA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board awfully quiet now that HHH 2025 continues steamrolling. Might explain the players trying to transfer over from the sinking ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Big Four tournament is an embarrassment; I remember when there was good competition, clubs that actually had talent. Mitchell Pehlke was recruited there…
The teams HHH beat are brutally non-competitive, but hey, congrats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Big Four tournament is an embarrassment; I remember when there was good competition, clubs that actually had talent. Mitchell Pehlke was recruited there…
The teams HHH beat are brutally non-competitive, but hey, congrats!

Second that…Where were the rest of the NLF clubs (and more importantly the scouts?). Not a good look for a once dominant club (still great at ‘25… too bad those kids has to waste their weekend playing True [insert random locale].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing sinking is the level of competition in that tourney, but if it makes you feel better.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing sinking is the level of competition in that tourney, but if it makes you feel better.....

Yes, I said HHH '25 is great team. Top in the area, loaded with talent. Just that the tourney was [Censored] and waste of their time - These kids have been playing in top level tourney's for years and years now. Time for this specific tourney to shut down. Some clubs are good at running events and others aren't. Stick with what is working and cut out what isn't. That is all i'm saying. This is a discussion board, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True colors of the jealous daddy program are shining.Fish rots from the head down.Hard to blame huge losses to marginal teams on other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True colors of the jealous daddy program are shining.Fish rots from the head down.Hard to blame huge losses to marginal teams on other programs.

what team are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

300+ college coaches at NLF last weekend. You were saying?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

300+ college coaches at NLF last weekend. You were saying?????
That original quoted comment is out of context and was about the HHH hosted tourney (Champions League) being a terrible tourney. NLF is obviously a great tourney. No argument from me on how superior of a recruiting tournament NLf is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH 2025 top PA ranked team in USA by Lacrosse Magazine for all PA teams at all ages. Way to end strong this season again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This ain’t D1 Football. There are 12 scholarships available for a 50+ man roster at a D1 school. L Most college lacrosse players receive very little financial aide. There is no money in “pro” lacrosse either. So this whole idea of holding back is totally flawed and propagated by parents with delusions of grandeur (most likely to overcompensate for their own insecurities). I’m guessing most of these holdbacks show up to practice on corvettes too.

Many of these conversations revert back to the parents: holding their kid back, thinking their kid will go pro, living vicariously through their kid for numerous reasons. Funny that this forum is for “Boys 2025” but it ALWAYS turns into the parents bashing holdbacks. Rarely is there talk about actual lacrosse at 2025 on this forum. Holdbacks aren’t going away, especially with the points being made about the logjam in college. If you have been around Philly lax club ball then you know EVERY team has holdbacks. Every. Single. One. Other states do too (even you NY guys). Some teams just have better talent and this is true all the way down to 2031 when parents “held back” their kid because they weren’t ready for school at 5 years old. Holdbacks happen with a reclass, post graduate, JUCO and other scenarios. It’s not a big deal. If you’re son has talent he’ll get noticed whether he’s a hold back or on age.

Full disclosure: my son is a 2025 and would love for a chance to play D1 (he’s on the right track so save your the bashing). It’s fun to watch a kid have a dream and work hard to make it a reality. That’s a life lesson right? I’m sure someone will bash this post, and that’s okay, but it won’t change the current landscape.

Wanted to circle back here and post facts and results.Sorry if this hurts your feelings. HHH delivered for us and the entire 2025 team. More recruits to be announced soon. The all talk no action team not from te fell short after promising much.Them the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This ain’t D1 Football. There are 12 scholarships available for a 50+ man roster at a D1 school. L Most college lacrosse players receive very little financial aide. There is no money in “pro” lacrosse either. So this whole idea of holding back is totally flawed and propagated by parents with delusions of grandeur (most likely to overcompensate for their own insecurities). I’m guessing most of these holdbacks show up to practice on corvettes too.

Many of these conversations revert back to the parents: holding their kid back, thinking their kid will go pro, living vicariously through their kid for numerous reasons. Funny that this forum is for “Boys 2025” but it ALWAYS turns into the parents bashing holdbacks. Rarely is there talk about actual lacrosse at 2025 on this forum. Holdbacks aren’t going away, especially with the points being made about the logjam in college. If you have been around Philly lax club ball then you know EVERY team has holdbacks. Every. Single. One. Other states do too (even you NY guys). Some teams just have better talent and this is true all the way down to 2031 when parents “held back” their kid because they weren’t ready for school at 5 years old. Holdbacks happen with a reclass, post graduate, JUCO and other scenarios. It’s not a big deal. If you’re son has talent he’ll get noticed whether he’s a hold back or on age.

Full disclosure: my son is a 2025 and would love for a chance to play D1 (he’s on the right track so save your the bashing). It’s fun to watch a kid have a dream and work hard to make it a reality. That’s a life lesson right? I’m sure someone will bash this post, and that’s okay, but it won’t change the current landscape.

Wanted to circle back here and post facts and results.Sorry if this hurts your feelings. HHH delivered for us and the entire 2025 team. More recruits to be announced soon. The all talk no action team not from te fell short after promising much.Them the facts.

You kept that gripe bottled up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team10 isn’t comparable to HHH in anyway.Look at the different outcomes. Just watched them get tanked by 3d Garden State. Reason why HHH didn’t respond to the nonsense last season. One team is successful at NLF and the other losses to Garden State at the jacko lantern. Same story with commits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall lacrosse? come on kids that play other sports don't even play anyone that knows youth lacrosse knows that. Kids are not practicing, etc. Team Ten and Triple HHH have a lot of good kids just look at the high school teams they play for and how much time they get. They are both very good teams when in season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall lacrosse? come on kids that play other sports don't even play anyone that knows youth lacrosse knows that. Kids are not practicing, etc. Team Ten and Triple HHH have a lot of good kids just look at the high school teams they play for and how much time they get. They are both very good teams when in season.

Argument change not gonna fly. And nothing but losses for Team ten yesterday from 2032 to 2028 teams.Now that Brotherly Love is a real competitor going to be tough to cover up losses.Development at BL,Mesa,HHH, Freedom real and only getting better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Daddyball was in full bloom at Jack-o-Lantern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Daddyball was in full bloom at Jack-o-Lantern.

do tell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team10 isn’t comparable to HHH in anyway.Look at the different outcomes. Just watched them get tanked by 3d Garden State. Reason why HHH didn’t respond to the nonsense last season. One team is successful at NLF and the other losses to Garden State at the jacko lantern. Same story with commits

Panic at Team10 with winless 2025 fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2025 team cares about wins and losses? Those kids care about recruitement. How many are signed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do tell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better college results and contacts at HHH, Freedom, Brotherly, Mesa. Uncommitted results after the first few weeks measures value of program. Flash in the pan here shows.Dukes also on rise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25s are decent. The other teams were not developed, but “assembled”. Better development and contacts happens at the other clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be surprised if there is any panic at Team TEN. Agree that the 2025's are not concerned with Fall Ball. Recruiting is the key and HHH has out delivered all the other teams. They have to be commended. That staff has the connections and are delivering the goods. As far as I can tell Team TEN is in second, but solidly behind. Whoever wrote the proceeding post, should ask themselves why they worry so much about Team Ten. Team TEN is going out and playing legit tournaments, where they went 3-6. Not good, but not winless either. As far as I can tell, HHH seems to be playing low level tournaments. Honestly, I am not sure how much they're playing. I only see one tournament posted on US Club Lax.

As to the prior quote about success at NLF, really? The 2025's went 2-4. The wins were against team ranked 42 and 68. Not big deal, but that is a low bar for what is considered successful. HHH was part of keeping talented non-NLF teams out of the NLF. I think that is kind of pathetic.

Again, to try and avoid the hysteria - HHH is without question the most successful club in terms of what matters and getting their players recruited. That is 100% on the management and they did awesome for the 2025s. Team TEN is going to need to step it up on the recruiting side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 - D1 commits for Team10 '25's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be fun to see how HHH 2025 do this weekend at NLF Fall. They will be up against some great teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be surprised if there is any panic at Team TEN. Agree that the 2025's are not concerned with Fall Ball. Recruiting is the key and HHH has out delivered all the other teams. They have to be commended. That staff has the connections and are delivering the goods. As far as I can tell Team TEN is in second, but solidly behind. Whoever wrote the proceeding post, should ask themselves why they worry so much about Team Ten. Team TEN is going out and playing legit tournaments, where they went 3-6. Not good, but not winless either. As far as I can tell, HHH seems to be playing low level tournaments. Honestly, I am not sure how much they're playing. I only see one tournament posted on US Club Lax.

As to the prior quote about success at NLF, really? The 2025's went 2-4. The wins were against team ranked 42 and 68. Not big deal, but that is a low bar for what is considered successful. HHH was part of keeping talented non-NLF teams out of the NLF. I think that is kind of pathetic.

Again, to try and avoid the hysteria - HHH is without question the most successful club in terms of what matters and getting their players recruited. That is 100% on the management and they did awesome for the 2025s. Team TEN is going to need to step it up on the recruiting side.

I think a big thing is that HHH 25s have had the same coach since middle school. Not all HHH teams can say the same thing. Team Ten 25s same coach. Consistency helps, connections helps, skill helps, right now HHH got 15 of their kids committed to Team Tens 12. Not a huge gap there. With so many teams in the East Part of PA there is alot of team hopping. So I wouldn't say any team is better at development. At this point a team is not doing it...2031s are already going to trainers and 1 on 1 coaching. So development is no longer regulated to a club coach. The biggest thing is to have a coach who will advocate for you and have a kid who is motivated enough to send emails to college coaches consistently and do school work and practice a little every day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a big thing is that HHH 25s have had the same coach since middle school. Not all HHH teams can say the same thing. Team Ten 25s same coach. Consistency helps, connections helps, skill helps, right now HHH got 15 of their kids committed to Team Tens 12. Not a huge gap there. With so many teams in the East Part of PA there is alot of team hopping. So I wouldn't say any team is better at development. At this point a team is not doing it...2031s are already going to trainers and 1 on 1 coaching. So development is no longer regulated to a club coach. The biggest thing is to have a coach who will advocate for you and have a kid who is motivated enough to send emails to college coaches consistently and do school work and practice a little every day.

agreed. Kids these days aren't becoming standouts because of the 1-a-week practice schedule at most clubs in the fall and summer. The club coach is more about the connections than the development. The kids better be doing spending10x amount of time outside of club practice if they want to go high level D1. Wow, I'm not used to seeing solid, logical posts like this. Kudos to the previous guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. I did not realize it was that close. I follow both teams and thought HHH was solidly ahead. Both teams have gotten their kids into some top flight programs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard