Home
Posted By: TM@BOTC Boys 2025 - 08/15/17 10:15 PM
Open forum about the Boy's 2025 graduating class in Philadelphia & Vicinity
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 09/01/17 07:37 PM
So who are the best programs at this age group?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 09/01/17 07:38 PM
So who are the best programs at this grade?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 09/01/17 08:06 PM
1. Uprising 2025
2. Freedom 2025

Rest are comparable and parity is the norm thus hard to rank.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 09/01/17 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous

No one cares about 2025. It means nothing now since you are since you are 6 to 7 years away. Find the best Development program and forget about wins and losses.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/12/19 04:33 PM
Any word on the 2025 BL Academy team?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/12/19 07:54 PM
Tryout was good, coaching staff that was there was off the charts. No Dad's that sell insurance acting like they are up to date on coaching lacrosse. Based on the talent level there the team should be solid...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/12/19 09:13 PM

No one cares about 2025. It means nothing now since you are since you are 6 to 7 years away. Find the best Development program and forget about wins and losses.
Not PP, that's what the question is about - who has the best program for developing players. Got it, you don't care unless it's a HS senior but a 6th grade parent cares.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/13/19 12:38 PM
Tryout was good, coaching staff that was there was off the charts. No Dad's that sell insurance acting like they are up to date on coaching lacrosse. Based on the talent level there the team should be solid...

Agree with this statement. There were a couple of dad's on the field but they were ball boys, as they should be. I think the team will be solid but not great but with the coaching staff that was there I don't see how it doesn't become great. My guess is word will get out and attract others. Somewhat skeptical about how these coaches were retained by BL but definitely off the charts in name and caliber. AM is worth the cost just himself. There is no coach in the country better than him at developing a young offensive player.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/13/19 07:19 PM
Team 302 in Delaware is terrific, just across the state line. My son has played there for several years now and loves it. Equal playing time, no depth charts, no unknown surprise players showing up, not worried about winning tournaments – even though they do win tournaments from time to time. Their goal is to make you better so that you succeed in your home league/school team. The 2 main guys have been doing this for 12 years and both played for the Wings for years, with one of them also on the Team USA indoor lacrosse team who were World Champions. Individual team coaches are all current/former Division 1, 2, or 3 college players, including one from last year’s Yale team and 1 from last year’s Merrimack team – who both won their respective Division 1 and 2 titles. The 2 main guys are both teachers who know who effectively and appropriately communicate with kids. The 2 main guys rotate amongst the different age groups at tournaments and thus coach about half your son's games with the individual team coaches. The focus at this age is development. As you get older, they then also focus on college recruitment, if that's what you want to do. I believe that last year 18 of their 23 high school kids went on to play in college.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/16/19 12:50 AM
Team 302 in Delaware is terrific, just across the state line. My son has played there for several years now and loves it. Equal playing time, no depth charts, no unknown surprise players showing up, not worried about winning tournaments – even though they do win tournaments from time to time. Their goal is to make you better so that you succeed in your home league/school team. The 2 main guys have been doing this for 12 years and both played for the Wings for years, with one of them also on the Team USA indoor lacrosse team who were World Champions. Individual team coaches are all current/former Division 1, 2, or 3 college players, including one from last year’s Yale team and 1 from last year’s Merrimack team – who both won their respective Division 1 and 2 titles. The 2 main guys are both teachers who know who effectively and appropriately communicate with kids. The 2 main guys rotate amongst the different age groups at tournaments and thus coach about half your son's games with the individual team coaches. The focus at this age is development. As you get older, they then also focus on college recruitment, if that's what you want to do. I believe that last year 18 of their 23 high school kids went on to play in college.

Was that cut and paste from 302 brochure?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/25/19 05:34 PM
Some good games at Mid Atlantic spring league last weekend at 2025 level
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/26/19 12:18 PM
Yes. Although the coach of Mad Dog 2025 is a lunatic and needs somebody to remind him he's coaching 10-11 year old children. . .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/26/19 04:30 PM
Is the Philly Special team the HHH squad?

Seem strong, although Freedom boys gave them a challenge
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/09/19 04:25 PM

Correct, Philly Special is 2025 HHH, minus a player or two. Many have played together for a while, on Uprising and township teams. They are an extremely strong team, but not looking as good as usual in this spring league.

Yes. Although the coach of Mad Dog 2025 is a lunatic and needs somebody to remind him he's coaching 10-11 year old children. . .

Also correct....10 - 0 lead and he's yelling at his very strong team to go harder. Maybe he's a good fit for them though. Parents were still cheering like it'a a championship for that 10th goal, 11th, 12th....Exactly what some families want to avoid when the pick a club.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/09/19 07:55 PM

Correct, Philly Special is 2025 HHH, minus a player or two. Many have played together for a while, on Uprising and township teams. They are an extremely strong team, but not looking as good as usual in this spring league.

Also correct....10 - 0 lead and he's yelling at his very strong team to go harder. Maybe he's a good fit for them though. Parents were still cheering like it'a a championship for that 10th goal, 11th, 12th....Exactly what some families want to avoid when the pick a club.

Not even close, no parent was cheering. You might have heard, "nice job" or "great save goalie" for both teams. The coach was coaching, he was yelling at his players to stop going 1:1 and just beating their man. If I recall, they only scored 3 goals in the 2nd half.

Good luck against TriState and Ten10, the top 2 teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/10/19 01:40 PM

You need to look at the date of that quote. It was from 03/24 when he was freaking out on his team during a loss to TeamTEN. Cursed in front of them and outright yelled at them in huddles. I know nothing about that team--the coach looked like a younger (20-something) kid so maybe it wasn't their full-time coach. But the coach that I saw/heard that day was absolutely NOT coaching 10-11 year old kids the way he should have been.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/16/19 03:29 AM

You need to look at the date of that quote. It was from 03/24 when he was freaking out on his team during a loss to TeamTEN. Cursed in front of them and outright yelled at them in huddles. I know nothing about that team--the coach looked like a younger (20-something) kid so maybe it wasn't their full-time coach. But the coach that I saw/heard that day was absolutely NOT coaching 10-11 year old kids the way he should have been.

Are you an NXT official/employee or TeamTEN coach? Not sure how you would have heard otherwize?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/16/19 10:44 AM

Are you an NXT official/employee or TeamTEN coach? Not sure how you would have heard otherwize?
What does that question even mean? I'm a parent who watched the game--but I could have been ANYONE who passed by the field during the game and heard/watched him coach.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 05/29/19 02:56 PM
Is Brotherly Love Ares 2025 a new team? I don't recall BL having two teams at the '25 level last year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 05/29/19 04:12 PM
Is Brotherly Love Ares 2025 a new team? I don't recall BL having two teams at the '25 level last year.

They did not build their own 2nd team they just acquired Olde English team that didn't want to become "Mesa Red"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 07/08/19 11:38 AM
So it’s tryout season....which teams are imploding? Who’s gonna reload?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 07/10/19 06:52 PM
You mean “Mesa Castoffs”?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 07/13/19 08:31 PM
How is the 2025 Academy Doing in Hershey?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 08/29/19 07:41 PM

Heard this was a not a very good situation - everybody upset .... coaches, players and parents combined.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 08/30/19 01:19 PM

Heard this was a not a very good situation - everybody upset .... coaches, players and parents combined.

Heard you have no clue what you are talking about....imagine that. 1 kid left the team and not a loss at all so how bad can it be?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 10/02/19 12:54 PM
Best teams at this age group....

HHH & Team 11?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/11/19 06:57 PM

Anyone know what is going with Brotherly Love Academy 2025. My buddy told me that they beat both Crabs and Sweetlax in the AA Bracket in Autumn Classic in Maryland to win it all. I smell a rat, no way that the train wreck I saw at Hersehy is the same team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/11/19 10:57 PM
Best teams at this age group....

HHH & Team 11?

HHH by far
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/12/19 02:17 PM
BL added one of best players from 24 team who reclassed this year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/12/19 03:00 PM

Anyone know what is going with Brotherly Love Academy 2025. My buddy told me that they beat both Crabs and Sweetlax in the AA Bracket in Autumn Classic in Maryland to win it all. I smell a rat, no way that the train wreck I saw at Hersehy is the same team.

Amazing how this works have tryouts add kids get better instantly....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/12/19 04:47 PM
The team is good we played them at NXT. Goalie is very good. Where did they get the left handed attackman he was unstoppable never seen him before.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/12/19 06:20 PM
So this begs the question, are they getting better because of all of the training that they promote, or because they can recruit? Any BL parents have an opinion?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/13/19 08:48 PM
Reclass from the 2024 team - very good player
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/24/20 12:45 PM
How many Philly clubs are sending teams to WSYL qualifier? Brotherly Love, NXT, Team10, HHH/Philly Special?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/24/20 06:55 PM
The team is good we played them at NXT. Goalie is very good. Where did they get the left handed attackman he was unstoppable never seen him before.

recalls
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/24/20 07:00 PM
So this begs the question, are they getting better because of all of the training that they promote, or because they can recruit? Any BL parents have an opinion?

recruit and push your kid out
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/25/20 12:38 PM

recruit and push your kid out

Or said differently, BL recruits.. (1) your kid gets better and stays on the field (2) move to another team (3) stop wasting money on travel, your kid doesn't care
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/25/20 04:27 PM
as it should be...The success of the team and quality of clinics will naturally draw more kids in and make recruiting easier. Your kid isn't necessarily pushed out, he simply fails to excel at that level or commit to becoming better.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/25/20 04:52 PM
How many Philly clubs are sending teams to WSYL qualifier? Brotherly Love, NXT, Team10, HHH/Philly Special?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/25/20 08:16 PM
can probably send as many as they want or send whoever wants to cut a check. Heard alot of other regions got the joke and are bailing
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/25/20 10:37 PM
BL doesn't do much development, one good team at 23 due to good group from LYA, other than that subpar
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/27/20 03:44 PM
BL doesn't do much development, one good team at 23 due to good group from LYA, other than that subpar

You are a stunad....go back originally it was BL is all the good Kennet kids...come to practice 3/15 and let me know if there is no development
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/28/20 03:56 PM

You are a stunad....go back originally it was BL is all the good Kennet kids...come to practice 3/15 and let me know if there is no development

recruited not developed
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/28/20 05:59 PM
WSYL teams for the East Qualifier...

https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.leagueapps.com/tournaments/1220674/standings
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/28/20 07:53 PM

Not one Philly team?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/29/20 05:40 PM

Not one Philly team?

From what I recall, 2023 sent a team called Big 5 and it was a mix of Philly club teams (Mesa, Freedom, Team 11). Then last year Brotherly Love sent their 2024 Academy Team (this team, while all BL now, had a healthy group of former 2024 PA Roughriders which is now defunct). Both teams did well. Problem in Philly is most stand-alone teams have too many players who don’t meet the age requirement - this is especially true at 2025 where teams have holdbacks who wouldn’t be eligible to play (Freedom, Team 10, HHH, Riding Sons, etc).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 03/03/20 01:51 PM

Not one Philly team?

From what I recall, 2023 sent a team called Big 5 and it was a mix of Philly club teams (Mesa, Freedom, Team 11). Then last year Brotherly Love sent their 2024 Academy Team (this team, while all BL now, had a healthy group of former 2024 PA Roughriders which is now defunct). Both teams did well. Problem in Philly is most stand-alone teams have too many players who don’t meet the age requirement - this is especially true at 2025 where teams have holdbacks who wouldn’t be eligible to play (Freedom, Team 10, HHH, Riding Sons, etc).

Philly is following the Md blueprint. Hold back as much as possible.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 08/11/20 05:55 PM
Can anyone give an overview of the Mesa, Brotherly Love, Freedom, and Rising Sons teams at this age level?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 08/11/20 11:30 PM
Mesa- decent team but kinda falling apart since Nostrant left the state, not sure if still involved
BL- good coaches, if the ones advertised are there week in and week out
Freedom- lost some good players, but quality organization
RS- other three are much, much better
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 08/14/20 04:42 PM
Does anybody know where Rock PA plays? I don't remember seeing them at any tournaments this summer, but they're having tryouts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 08/14/20 05:58 PM
Does anybody know where Rock PA plays? I don't remember seeing them at any tournaments this summer, but they're having tryouts.
Lancaster
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 08/16/20 07:12 PM
Lancaster

They're probably playing in better tournaments than we did, then. Probably not worth the time and $60 to not make the team. Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 11/24/20 02:52 PM
Are any PA teams competing at WYSL this Spring?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/26/21 01:08 PM
Saw the WYSL East Regional qualifier list on the Maryland board. Surprised not to see any Philly teams, especially since the national tournament is in D.C. this year and not Denver. Any insight as to why?....

2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Mad Dog NJ Boys 2025 Black

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/26/21 03:02 PM
Saw the WYSL East Regional qualifier list on the Maryland board. Surprised not to see any Philly teams, especially since the national tournament is in D.C. this year and not Denver. Any insight as to why?....

2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black

If its still age based that would be the answer....the teams that would do well are all too old.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/26/21 03:08 PM

2025 Cannons Gold

302 Lacrosse 2025

3d Garden State 2025 AA

Breakers 2025 Blue

Building Blocks LC U14

Jersey Express 2025

Madlax Monuments

Top Caliber

Tri-State 2025

True Annapolis 2025

True PA 2025

VLC Black Ops

Zingos 2025 Black

One word....holdbacks. keep it moving.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 02/26/21 09:08 PM

Not one Philly team?

Big 4 HHH set the holdback standard.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/23/21 12:44 PM

Not one Philly team?

Big 4 HHH set the holdback standard.

holdbacks are one thing.... but is it true that Big 4 HHH has a couple of "double holdbacks?"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/26/21 02:07 AM
How do ‘double holdbacks’ work? Do they repeat 8th grade twice? Or is that they started kindergarten later and also repeated 8th and are older?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/26/21 10:54 AM
How do ‘double holdbacks’ work? Do they repeat 8th grade twice? Or is that they started kindergarten later and also repeated 8th and are older?

It’s the kindergarten/8th grade daily double!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/26/21 02:24 PM
are we talking about Big 4 HH or Philly Special? Perhaps it's really Philly Special Ed?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/26/21 03:25 PM

Big 4 HHH DEFINETLY has at least one double holdback..... sad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/26/21 06:55 PM

Reclassing could become the norm for people that can send there kids to private school. the college kids all got an extra year the HS and MS kids are not
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/27/21 11:47 AM

You sound like you need a Big 4 TTTissue. Stop your crying
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/27/21 12:09 PM
Disclaimer: I am not a HHH parent

Parents are choosing what is best for their kid during unprecedented times. That is there choice. Maybe their kid has been rubber stamped through the last school year...maybe their kid is a late bloomer. It doesn't matter. It is their choice. You know who doesn't choose? BMck/HHH. Don't try and throw shade on a club because they draw from an area whose parents can afford to put their kids in the best spot to succeed. Another dirty little secret in the Inter-Ac is that most kids start school late (the equivalent of hold backs). Get. over. it. The cream always rises to the top.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/27/21 01:28 PM
While I agree with most of the above as it relates to a personal decision, your last statement is incorrect. If they were the cream, they would already be on top. They are not, which is why they are held back. Let's just hope it doesn't become as prevalent as it is in MD.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/27/21 01:56 PM
Sounds like a lot of people wish their kids were on the #1 team in the nation in 2025, HHH.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/28/21 08:16 AM
#1 in the country lol - by the NLF which you pay $$ into so they throw you a bone. You know who the #1 team in the country is and you’ve lost to them the last two times you played them so keep dreaming. Lacrosse magazine has you ranked 4th and US Club Lacrosse has your team ranked 8th. That seems more like reality.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/28/21 05:22 PM
#1 in the country lol - by the NLF which you pay $$ into so they throw you a bone. You know who the #1 team in the country is and you’ve lost to them the last two times you played them so keep dreaming. Lacrosse magazine has you ranked 4th and US Club Lacrosse has your team ranked 8th. That seems more like reality.

It won't last long either other that 2022 not sure HHH has a competitive team the 23's and 24's are not very strong
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/28/21 11:53 PM

It won't last long either other that 2022 not sure HHH has a competitive team the 23's and 24's are not very strong

26’s are very weak also
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 - 04/29/21 01:40 AM
Sounds like a lot of people wish their kids were on the #1 team in the nation in 2025, HHH.

"National Lacrosse Federation is your national rankings lacrosse website. Based on our proprietary formula and summer club events, we provide the most precise team rankings."

Also;

NLF Original Six; Big 4 HHH

Nice try. Based on their proprietary membership payment and trying to prop one of their own up. Nice try.
© Back of THE CAGE