BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 106 of 123 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 122 123
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were not competitive in A. Good move if official. They will be more competitive in B when their talent transfers to A. They only have a couple high level kids and both at really young.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Gerstell has been moved down to B conference. Thinking 1-2 more should be. MDS. Severn and St Mary’s. One more year and GCS along with Garrison should be. A 10 team confernce for A would be great.
Is that official? Gerstell even though bottom of A should dominate B. Big gap between top of B and bottom of A.
Who is the coach at Gerstell?

That is easily found on their website. Most people familiar with Baltimore lacrosse know who he is.

As for making a competitive B conference: Gerstell, Mercy, MDSA, SJCP, Park, St Mary's, Severn, Indian Creek and possibly JC. There will always be one or two dominant teams in A, B and C. And ones who lose a lot. But more competitive games at all levels should be the goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell has been moved down to B conference. Thinking 1-2 more should be. MDS. Severn and St Mary’s. One more year and GCS along with Garrison should be. A 10 team confernce for A would be great.

You are out of your mind. A decade ago, there was 12 teams in A conference, why do you feel the need to drop it to 10?

St. Mary's was a playoff team in 2021.
Severn was playoff team in 2022.

You want only Baltimore schools to compete in the A?

JC had 1 win in 2022, playoffs in 2023.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell and Mds should be moved for sure.
A couple others the year after when the 24 class graduates.
Move the B winner up each year too to prevent B confernce dominance. Bottom in A drops down. A conference could add a Towson or MV and have a much better game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree.... that's a ridiculous statement. I also think Mercy played themselves into the A conference this year. (my kid doesn't go there, won't go there... no skin in that game). Lets not forget, many people actually choose a school because of the academics, fit and proximity to their home. There is a ton of talent across the conference. It's the best conference in the country and does all of these girls a major solid by playing by college rules. Not one rational reason to take that away.

You are out of your mind. A decade ago, there was 12 teams in A conference, why do you feel the need to drop it to 10?

St. Mary's was a playoff team in 2021.
Severn was playoff team in 2022.

You want only Baltimore schools to compete in the A?

JC had 1 win in 2022, playoffs in 2023.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that official? Gerstell even though bottom of A should dominate B. Big gap between top of B and bottom of A.

That is easily found on their website. Most people familiar with Baltimore lacrosse know who he is.

As for making a competitive B conference: Gerstell, Mercy, MDSA, SJCP, Park, St Mary's, Severn, Indian Creek and possibly JC. There will always be one or two dominant teams in A, B and C. And ones who lose a lot. But more competitive games at all levels should be the goal.

Thank you for not answering my question. I see the coach’s name on the website. We are new to the area and considering Gerstell and SJCP. I know nothing about either coaching staff and would like the 411. If anyone can provide info through experience, it would be very helpful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the season is over and this forum is dead, this is a fun question. If the private schools didn't exist, which public schools would be the best?

I'm thinking Dulaney, Catonsville, Herefrod, Mt Hebron, Marriotts Ridge, Glenelg, C M Wright. most of the already successful ones, but maybe Loch Raven or Perry Hall. Maybe Owings Mills.

I think Severna Park would probably go right to the top. And here's a fool one for you, Annapolis. Some of the best teams in the state in the 90s, early 2000s was Annapolis teams before it was basically automatic those kids go private like now.

Annapolis for sure would be one of the tops in the state. I would also put South River, Arundel and Crofton in the mix from AA CO.
From Baltimore a dark horse would be Loch Raven (Along with Dulaney, Towson and Hereford).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for not answering my question. I see the coach’s name on the website. We are new to the area and considering Gerstell and SJCP. I know nothing about either coaching staff and would like the 411. If anyone can provide info through experience, it would be very helpful.

I apologize. I was just trying to follow etiquette by not naming names on here.

I don't have any direct experience with the coaches at either school. I'm sure others have and may be willing to provide some insight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will win Bmore All Metro POY?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lefty mid transfer from Mcd.
Mercy didn’t do anything surprising in A and lost to a public.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Coach of the year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't argue with her getting it but there are about 5 other girls in the IAAM who all would be solid choices. The girl from MV sounds like she would be a great choice too.

I don't know why you dumped on Mercy though. They beat a playoff team and they aren't the only IAAM A team that lost to a public school this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair, Mercy lost to one of the better public schools...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

May be a surprise to many but not those who know the player and the game. But some people on here will spew their detest when it’s announced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got the lefty part right…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't know why you dumped on Mercy though. They beat a playoff team and they aren't the only IAAM A team that lost to a public school this year.[/quote]

i don't even want to say this because of the nonsense posts that went on all last week but Towson beat Roland Park and good lord please don't say it was a scrimmage 🤣🤣🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't argue with her getting it but there are about 5 other girls in the IAAM who all would be solid choices. The girl from MV sounds like she would be a great choice too.

I don't know why you dumped on Mercy though. They beat a playoff team and they aren't the only IAAM A team that lost to a public school this year.

Lots of Iaam players would dominate the publics as well as MV girl.

Someone said mercy showed they belonged in A. I disagree as well. They beat a couple of perennial cellar dwellers in A that should have been moved down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the season is over and this forum is dead, this is a fun question. If the private schools didn't exist, which public schools would be the best?

I'm thinking Dulaney, Catonsville, Herefrod, Mt Hebron, Marriotts Ridge, Glenelg, C M Wright. most of the already successful ones, but maybe Loch Raven or Perry Hall. Maybe Owings Mills.

I think Severna Park would probably go right to the top. And here's a fool one for you, Annapolis. Some of the best teams in the state in the 90s, early 2000s was Annapolis teams before it was basically automatic those kids go private like now.

Annapolis for sure would be one of the tops in the state. I would also put South River, Arundel and Crofton in the mix from AA CO.
From Baltimore a dark horse would be Loch Raven (Along with Dulaney, Towson and Hereford).
Annapolis? As in Annaoilis High? Come on really? They barely have enough girls to fill teams. Annapolis would be at the bottom as well as the boys teams. Have you seen them play? Clearly that’s a NO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Mercy played well this season. They held their own coming from the B division. I thought their goalie kept them in the game as well as the field players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MV player wins it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Coach of the year?

She won't get it but TC deserves it. She proved she can coach. Young team that got better as the year progressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis? As in Annaoilis High? Come on really? They barely have enough girls to fill teams. Annapolis would be at the bottom as well as the boys teams. Have you seen them play? Clearly that’s a NO

The question was “IF” privates didn’t exist a school like Annapolis would be very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She won't get it but TC deserves it. She proved she can coach. Young team that got better as the year progressed.

Goalie coach on that team did great job. Transfer was already good. TC needed to improve the whole team but focuses on handful of girls not every player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait until the coach is chosen so we don't have to hear about TC anymore in this forum. She is not a good coach. Phenomenal player, best to ever play the game, yes. Not a good coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalie coach on that team did great job. Transfer was already good. TC needed to improve the whole team but focuses on handful of girls not every player.

New coach will do that. TC left her with a heluva team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait until the coach is chosen so we don't have to hear about TC anymore in this forum. She is not a good coach. Phenomenal player, best to ever play the game, yes. Not a good coach.

The new coach was announced at the same time TC stepped down. She was her DC for the last two years. I think the new coach will do well. She knows the team and has plenty of experience. She will get trashed on here by some and defended by others just like every other coach who does well in the IAAM.

I don't know why there is so much disdain for TC and so many saying she can't coach. 2019 - undefeated IAAM Champs. 2021 - lost 3 games including the finals to SPSG. 2022 - lost 3 games including the semis to SPSG. 2023 - lost one out of conference game then won 16 in a row to go undefeated in A conference winning the finals against SPSG.

Pretty good record if you ask me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The new coach was announced at the same time TC stepped down. She was her DC for the last two years. I think the new coach will do well. She knows the team and has plenty of experience. She will get trashed on here by some and defended by others just like every other coach who does well in the IAAM.

I don't know why there is so much disdain for TC and so many saying she can't coach. 2019 - undefeated IAAM Champs. 2021 - lost 3 games including the finals to SPSG. 2022 - lost 3 games including the semis to SPSG. 2023 - lost one out of conference game then won 16 in a row to go undefeated in A conference winning the finals against SPSG.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those that say she can't coach are not part of the program. The adjustments she made during the season were fully displayed her knowledge of the game, ability to put players in the right positions and have the girls buy-in to the program... More importantly she went out on top with the players she hand selected and left the program in a great position to repeat next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Coach of the year?

Coach of the year will be Liberty coach
I do agree TC is a good coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the discrepancy is in the definition of a “good coach”. If based strictly on dubs and knowledge of game, you have those with one opinion. If you want/expect a coach to care about your kid as a person, learn what motivates them and has the ability to make a connection and have fun, that’s another. I’d argue a good coach has the ability to do all of those things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder who will coach at St. Mary’s HS in Annapolis?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the discrepancy is in the definition of a “good coach”. If based strictly on dubs and knowledge of game, you have those with one opinion. If you want/expect a coach to care about your kid as a person, learn what motivates them and has the ability to make a connection and have fun, that’s another. I’d argue a good coach has the ability to do all of those things.

Than she would not be a good coach for half the girls on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd add getting the absolute most out of your squad. So coach should probably be Liberty or Man Valley coaches. Winning the toughest conference in the country is obviously extremely difficult, TC has that going for her. But overall I'd go with Liberty or Man Valley coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd add getting the absolute most out of your squad. So coach should probably be Liberty or Man Valley coaches. Winning the toughest conference in the country is obviously extremely difficult, TC has that going for her. But overall I'd go with Liberty or Man Valley coaches.

Why not Severna Park ? Liberty in weakest conference in state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think SP should also be in the mix. Both Liberty and SP played a few common opponents and each won by one goal (Broadneck, Westminster). Looks like Liberty beat Mt. Hebron by 5 and SP beat them by 1, I would not say conference is weak (Carroll County is stronger than AA), perhaps 1A state tourney teams but not controllable from my perspective. MV/Liberty/SP have good cases as does McD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1A weaker than 3A yes. But Carroll County is absolutely stronger than AA. Liberty also won the battle of the champions tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty has never won the Carroll County Championship, nor beat MV, in the time the coach has been there. With that said, I do feel the Liberty coach will get it based on 3 consecutive state titles, only 1 loss this season to an undefeated state champion, and doing it all with his wife battling cancer. He is very deserving, as are the other coaches mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1A weaker than 3A yes. But Carroll County is absolutely stronger than AA. Liberty also won the battle of the champions tournament.

Absolutely stronger? based on quantity not sure quality. Guess it depends on how you are measuring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely stronger? based on quantity not sure quality. Guess it depends on how you are measuring.

1A state champ
2A state champ
3A state semifinalist
No 4A schools

I mean. That’s tough to argue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty has never won the Carroll County Championship, nor beat MV, in the time the coach has been there. With that said, I do feel the Liberty coach will get it based on 3 consecutive state titles, only 1 loss this season to an undefeated state champion, and doing it all with his wife battling cancer. He is very deserving, as are the other coaches mentioned.

TC won the best high school league in the country.

Like Reply Quote
Page 106 of 123 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 122 123
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard