BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree with the super seniors. Not a fan of the portal either but then again. Maybe I should be. Not fair to some of these kids that get recruited to play and then the next year they can recruit a kid who takes their spot. There was one instance on Maryland this year. Interesting to see if she leaves Maryland as a junior.
Maryland is all about highlighting their #1 recruit - the same #1 recruit that caused them NOT to be able to go into OT against JMU because she tried to force the shot (missed) and missed a pass causing the turnover. Is she a good player? Yes. Is she a selfish player? YES! She only knows how to play when it's just about her - all teams that she has played on revolve around her. I was disappointed to see Lipken get less playing time this year - didn't deserve that.

Selfish and does not make anyone around her better. Gonna be a rough couple of years at Maryland for the players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bokker out at Ohio State. I wonder who is gonna get get that job.
I'm curious why she is out with one year left on her Contract - can't just be due to their record?

I thought her contract was up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See here is what you are so quick to forget and anyone who knows anything about that the game just sits there and laughs at you for your negative commentary about young women. Maryland was winning 14-10 with 6:22 left to play in the game, a FOUR goal lead. At 6:21 left in the game JMU scored, making it 14-11, at 5:45 left in the game JMU scored making it 14-12, at 2:42 left in the game JMU scored making it 14-13, at 2:04 left in the game JMU scored making it 14-14, and finally at 0:54 left in the game JMU scored making it 15-14. You know what caused each of those goals to be scored against Maryland? A lost draw or maybe a turnover, then an offense beating a defense, and finally a save not being made. ALL of these things together CAUSED a goal to be scored against them because if one of them didn't happen then the goal is never scored. Lacrosse is a team game and there were TEAM breakdowns that CAUSED them to not go into OT against JMU well before the shot was taken with 0:27 left in the game to give them a CHANCE at going into OT against JMU. With 0:18 seconds left on the clock a turnover occurred, but did that sole mistake cause them to NOT go into OT? No, because there were countless things that had happened PRIOR to that, that contributed to the TEAM not advancing. Arguably they should have never even been in that position at that time. If it weren't for the many other CASUES that occurred, like not winning a draw, not making a save, not finishing shots, etc. what had happened in those last 30 seconds wouldn't have mattered. Did the save by the JMU goalie and turnover play a factor, obviously because they lost possession and were unable to score a tying goal, but so did every other thing that happened in the last 6 minutes of that game. Each of the mistakes that had happened collectively caused them to be in that position at that time of the turnover. So to sit there and say that was what "caused them to NOT be able to go into OT" is just downright foolish. Lacrosse is a team game and last time I checked there are 12 players on the field and not just one. I'd love to see you go out there and take the draw, pass to yourself, shoot, play defense, AND save the ball against another team's 12 players ! Until then, keep your negative commentary to yourself. Just love the game and celebrate the incredibly hard work of all the athletes that get the honor to be called a college lacrosse player no matter the division!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bokker out at Ohio State. I wonder who is gonna get get that job.
I'm curious why she is out with one year left on her Contract - can't just be due to their record?

I thought her contract was up.
Nope, still have one year left on her five year Contract

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See here is what you are so quick to forget and anyone who knows anything about that the game just sits there and laughs at you for your negative commentary about young women. Maryland was winning 14-10 with 6:22 left to play in the game, a FOUR goal lead. At 6:21 left in the game JMU scored, making it 14-11, at 5:45 left in the game JMU scored making it 14-12, at 2:42 left in the game JMU scored making it 14-13, at 2:04 left in the game JMU scored making it 14-14, and finally at 0:54 left in the game JMU scored making it 15-14. You know what caused each of those goals to be scored against Maryland? A lost draw or maybe a turnover, then an offense beating a defense, and finally a save not being made. ALL of these things together CAUSED a goal to be scored against them because if one of them didn't happen then the goal is never scored. Lacrosse is a team game and there were TEAM breakdowns that CAUSED them to not go into OT against JMU well before the shot was taken with 0:27 left in the game to give them a CHANCE at going into OT against JMU. With 0:18 seconds left on the clock a turnover occurred, but did that sole mistake cause them to NOT go into OT? No, because there were countless things that had happened PRIOR to that, that contributed to the TEAM not advancing. Arguably they should have never even been in that position at that time. If it weren't for the many other CASUES that occurred, like not winning a draw, not making a save, not finishing shots, etc. what had happened in those last 30 seconds wouldn't have mattered. Did the save by the JMU goalie and turnover play a factor, obviously because they lost possession and were unable to score a tying goal, but so did every other thing that happened in the last 6 minutes of that game. Each of the mistakes that had happened collectively caused them to be in that position at that time of the turnover. So to sit there and say that was what "caused them to NOT be able to go into OT" is just downright foolish. Lacrosse is a team game and last time I checked there are 12 players on the field and not just one. I'd love to see you go out there and take the draw, pass to yourself, shoot, play defense, AND save the ball against another team's 12 players ! Until then, keep your negative commentary to yourself. Just love the game and celebrate the incredibly hard work of all the athletes that get the honor to be called a college lacrosse player no matter the division!
Hit a nerve^

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To complete nonsense guy, the post was made regarding the numerous posts that only credit the "top programs". The arrogance of so many posters that dismiss any school not "top ranked" amazes me, I'm sure you are one of these superstars that probably never played any kind of high level athletics. There is plenty of good lacrosse outside of the big 5(UNC, NW, Cuse, BC, MD). Recruiting is obviously the life blood of college sports and winning mid level conference with the chance to play in the tourney will attrack more of the top and overlooked players. The talent level of the teams outside the top 5 is closing the gap and creating great competition.

I doubt you were a math major, but every top 10/20/30 team has a very average or below average results against the top teams, that's what make the top teams so good smart guy. It doesn't take away the fact that there are many great places to play lacrosse for any young women that wants to study there.

You can continue to just follow the "top" teams and look down on all the other teams and the young women who work their butts off to be high achieving student athletes.

Where are all these posts that "dismiss" any school that is not "top ranked"?

What I see most often are posts that attack players who get a lot of recognition and posts that attack "top programs" or programs that get a lot of recognition. Some people just can not take it when other players receive more recognition than their daughter or if a program is stronger than their daughters program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters are gonna have to wait another game for their what happened to Belle post.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anybody know the Boston College score? 🤫

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
5 of the 16 remaining D3 teams are from the NESCAC. No team from the conference has lost yet in the tournament. That will change in the next set of games as conference cannibalism begins.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow UNC not looking good, now or in the future. Yikes! On the other side we will have some very exciting games!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final four with UNC out in Cary NC will be a disaster for attendance. It basically will be parents and friends as lax in NC overall isn't important as in MD, PA, LI or NY. They won't get the casual fan as Hopkins did last yer.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Final four with UNC out in Cary NC will be a disaster for attendance. It basically will be parents and friends as lax in NC overall isn't important as in MD, PA, LI or NY. They won't get the casual fan as Hopkins did last yer.

DI Carey, NC
DII Indianapolis, IN
DIII Salem, VA

I guess in an attempt to “grow the sport” the finals are outside traditional hot spots. DIII is in love with Salem, which I don’t understand why.

Good DII schools in Midwest so not a stretch.

It will be interesting to see attendance for DI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a lot of fans are thrilled to see UNC not in the final four. Its also great for the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true! Why wouldn’t they put the finals in a more centralized location as to where the hotbed of lacrosse is!? So hard for people to get to NC. I don’t think it will have a great turnout, and that’s unfortunate. Also Unfortunate for the youth players who would like to go watch the finals as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true! Why wouldn’t they put the finals in a more centralized location as to where the hotbed of lacrosse is!? So hard for people to get to NC. I don’t think it will have a great turnout, and that’s unfortunate. Also Unfortunate for the youth players who would like to go watch the finals as well.

I agree there are better choices than North Carolina. Philly, Boston or even Northern Virginia could be a good choice.

However, for anyone who went last year, hosting it at Hopkins was a complete disaster. Over an hour to park your car and a 15 minute walk to field with no directions. Concession stands out of food and water before halftime.

I'm pretty confident in saying pigs will fly before the NCAA hosts another lax event at Hopkins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow UNC not looking good, now or in the future. Yikes! On the other side we will have some very exciting games!!
UNC is a true young team this year (unlike MD, who didn't even make it to the Elite 8). Last year UNC was stacked, this year they have to rebuild. Loved seeing Denver win though.
Whoever thinks the game being in NC and UNC not being in the final four will effect the audience turn out is really stretching. The Final Four have been played in the Philly area, MD and LI...they need to spread it out to grow the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC is a true young team this year (unlike MD, who didn't even make it to the Elite 8). Last year UNC was stacked, this year they have to rebuild. Loved seeing Denver win though.
Whoever thinks the game being in NC and UNC not being in the final four will effect the audience turn out is really stretching. The Final Four have been played in the Philly area, MD and LI...they need to spread it out to grow the sport.

Yes, true. They do need to grow the sport. However, I believe the majority of youth girl players who are die hard fans are still in the same area. (PA, MD, NJ, NY, CT) I get it’s growing, but as far as this year goes, it’s still those areas. I don’t think those kids are going to be able to talk their parents into going to NC? They will watch it on TV instead. I do believe it will have a big impact on Fan turnout this year. It’s also sad those young kids won’t get to see it live this year. I think Play where most of the young fans are. That’s where they still are, for now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, true. They do need to grow the sport. However, I believe the majority of youth girl players who are die hard fans are still in the same area. (PA, MD, NJ, NY, CT) I get it’s growing, but as far as this year goes, it’s still those areas. I don’t think those kids are going to be able to talk their parents into going to NC? They will watch it on TV instead. I do believe it will have a big impact on Fan turnout this year. It’s also sad those young kids won’t get to see it live this year. I think Play where most of the young fans are. That’s where they still are, for now.
My husband took my daughter to all the locations that they played....didn't matter the distance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My husband took my daughter to all the locations that they played....didn't matter the distance

Nice, if you have those kinds of means to be able to do that. Many do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice, if you have those kinds of means to be able to do that. Many do not.

Wonder why they don’t play same location as the boys, all the games are on different days!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've taken my daughters to the last 5 finals - all (admittedly long) day trips.This one would be a 3 day affair. Big difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've taken my daughters to the last 5 finals - all (admittedly long) day trips.This one would be a 3 day affair. Big difference.

NGLL is being held in NC the same weekend attendance will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pace with the route! Although as some people here at BOTC say who cares, obviously the girls who went there didn’t want to challenge themselves. 🙄

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to Pace! D2 Champions!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pace with the route! Although as some people here at BOTC say who cares, obviously the girls who went there didn’t want to challenge themselves. 🙄

Such a foolish post.

Some on here should get help for their inferiority complex.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pace absolutely rolled them. I quit watching somewhere in the 2nd, but congrats to them!

As to the games being in NC and those complaining they've only had to make day trips in the past. Welcome to the world of those that live west of the east coast. We warmly welcome you to our club!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Pace absolutely rolled them. I quit watching somewhere in the 2nd, but congrats to them!

As to the games being in NC and those complaining they've only had to make day trips in the past. Welcome to the world of those that live west of the east coast. We warmly welcome you to our club!

I enjoyed this post as I get on I70 leaving Indianapolis!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Newcomer to the D3 Final Four as William Smith joins regulars Middlebury, Franklin & Marshal and Gettysburg.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Predicting Northwestern over Denver. NW has the dominating players. BC over Syracuse. This is a close one but I think BC just a bit hotter right now.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams I would love to see win in order:

Denver
Northwestern
Cuse
BC

Will be a fun weekend of battle with very talented teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see Denver beat Northwestern - only because it's an upset (I like both teams). I just don't know if it'll happen...either way, hoping for a good game and not a blow out. Cuse/BC is going to be a tight one, I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see Denver beat Northwestern - only because it's an upset (I like both teams). I just don't know if it'll happen...either way, hoping for a good game and not a blow out. Cuse/BC is going to be a tight one, I think.

I don't see Denver with the upset BUT I also didn't see them beating UNC and definitely wouldn't have put money on Denver holding them to 4 goals. Should be a fun final four (hopefully).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think Denver's D will be their undoing if they lose. It will come down to their ability to score. NU comes up with some great D looks, so I think the edge really comes down to better offensive units. With Scane and the rest of the NU players, I give them the edge. I'd love to see Denver with this one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW will beat Denver by 10 goals. BC beats Cuse by 2-3 goals.

NW offense of scheme will be more complete than UNC. They have options that other teams don’t have on offense. The shooting range and FP opportunities that NW will get will be difference. They will play offense from up top and edges not behind-this has been their game all year. Denver won’t score more than 3-5 goals. NW D is very aggressive.

BC wins as the defense of BC is better than SU and will make a few more stops.

Good luck to all teams. Should be some exciting games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the IWLCA All-Americans. This is generally the most accepted list of the best players in the country and not the over-hyped media darlings. That said in my opinion some questionable placements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a foolish post.

Good for PACE and the haters on here that pooh poo anyone not on a top 20 D1 team. Foolish post - no one EVER posts the good from all teams to promote the sport. How about IL reports on all conferences and all divisions to show a multitude of talent . But it means nothing to the people on here. You want the sport to grow - grow it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a foolish post.

Good for PACE and the haters on here that pooh poo anyone not on a top 20 D1 team. Foolish post - no one EVER posts the good from all teams to promote the sport. How about IL reports on all conferences and all divisions to show a multitude of talent . But it means nothing to the people on here. You want the sport to grow - grow it!!!

You keep bashing people who come on here bashing players who are not on top D1 programs but I just don't see it happening. Yes they bash the Stanfords/Dukes of the world but seems that is done because those teams claim to be top 20 when they are not.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Offensive Player of the Week

Izzy Scane – Northwestern University

In No. 1 Northwestern’s NCAA Quarterfinal matchup against No. 9 Loyola Maryland, Scane registered seven goals and three assists for 10 points. She added two caused turnovers to her stat line as well. Scane’s 10 points currently stands as the most points scored in an NCAA Tournament game this season. She ranks in the Top 10 for points ever in an NCAA Tournament game and is second in the nation in total goals with 89 and first overall in goals per game (4.94). Currently, Scane has the second-most goals scored in program history in a single season, trailing herself in 2021. This is Scane’s fourth IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season. Northwestern faces the No. 5 seeded University of Denver in this Friday’s Semifinals of the NCAA Division I Championship.

Defensive Player of the Week

Gracie DeRose – University of Denver

DeRose helped No. 5 Denver defeat No. 4 University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill in the NCAA Quarterfinal round, 5-4. She recorded five ground balls, one draw control and three caused turnovers in the matchup. One of her key caused turnovers came in the fourth quarter during a UNC possession. Her defensive efforts helped hold UNC scoreless in the final two quarters, leading the Tar Heels to their lowest output all year. The undefeated Pioneers will take on No. 1 Northwestern this Friday for the NCAA Division I Semifinals in Cary, North Carolina.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week

Kayla Conway – Pace University

En route to claiming its first National Title in program history, the No. 3 ranked Pace Setters defeated No. 1 West Chester University 19-9 on Sunday in Indianapolis. Conway tallied three goals, one assist, eight draw controls, and two groundballs in the matchup. Her strong performance also earned her Tournament Most Valuable Player as the Setters finished 21-2 for the season.

Alexandra Quinn – Pace University

Quinn recorded six draw controls and two groundballs in the National Championship against West Chester. The junior defender was named to the All-Tournament Team for her defensive efforts.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Jane Earley – Middlebury College

Earley posted a career-high nine points on five goals and four assists in No. 1 Middlebury’s NCAA Tournament Third-Round victory over No. 13 Trinity College. On Sunday, she led the Panthers in a tight game with No. 12 Colby College, recording a five-point effort (1 goal, 4 assists), matching her career high in assists in a single game. She also led the team in draw controls on both days with a combined total of 16. This is Earley’s third IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season. The Panthers will meet No. 8 Franklin and Marshall College this Friday in the Semifinal Round of the NCAA Division III Championship.

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Maddie Montgomery – William Smith College

Montgomery led No. 3 William Smith to a pair of NCAA tournament victories over the weekend. On Saturday against No. 19 St. John Fisher University, she factored into all six of William Smith's goals in a 6-5 win. She scored five goals, including the game-winning goal with 2:10 left in regulation. Against No. 5 Tufts University, Montgomery added four goals and an assist. With her first goal against the Cardinals, Montgomery set the William Smith single-season goals record. With her third goal against the Jumbos, she became just the third player in program history with 200 career goals. Montgomery also set the William Smith career draw control record on Sunday. William Smith will take on No. 9 Gettysburg College for this Friday’s Championship Semifinal.

Gillian Cortese – Gettysburg College

Cortese backstopped Gettysburg’s defense to a pair of wins in the Regional Round of the NCAA tournament. She made nine saves, including four in the fourth quarter of an 11-8 win over No. 2 Washington and Lee University before stopping a career-high 10 in a 17-8 win over No. 10 York College of Pennsylvania a day later.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard