BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 190 of 257 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 256 257
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hearing good and bad things about certain team's coaches in the Baltimore area. Can anyone give me some insight on coaches for 23/24 year for 91, FCA White, Predators and Crabs. Do these teams announce coaches prior to try-outs?

What have you heard?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD coach/director is just sandbagging if they don't go Elite. Their bench is deep with talent and should have run away with AAA. Clearly they are signing up for lower tier tournaments so they can post on social media that they win. Aloha and then next weekend not signing up for the higher level Hogan. Come on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing good and bad things about certain team's coaches in the Baltimore area. Can anyone give me some insight on coaches for 23/24 year for 91, FCA White, Predators and Crabs. Do these teams announce coaches prior to try-outs?

First of all, 91, FCA White, and Predators are basically all the same kids and kids move fluidly between the three clubs every year. Crabs is a solid half-step higher. Maybe a full step. In all cases, these are kids who will have a good chance to play at good high schools.

In order of your ask:

91: Roster is just waiting to be turned over for HS age. 100% Dad coaches including the Towson HS varsity coach, who I assume will be funneling players between the school and the club a year from now. The price is very reasonable, the practices are high speed and high quality, and if the team was bracketed where it should be, you'd see kids improving due to attentive (dad) coaches. Kids who play (or ride the very large bench) for 91 seem to leave and be successful elsewhere, even if they had a bad experience, and that's something to consider.

FCA White: Army of Dad coaches. The team is bracketed to their talent level, are very well coached, and generally the parents and players seem happy to be there. I think for some families it's frustrating that the club has bracketed them at their "B team" (this team) while some favoritism exists in placement for the upper (Blue) team, when really, the 3rd line of FCA Blue seems pretty interchangeable with the starters of FCA White.

Predators: Very new club, lots of questions. Only seen them twice. 1 coach for the whole team, both times (when's the last time you saw that!), and in one game (as I was leaving Troy Park) the players ran their own warmup, picked the starting lineup, boys call out their own plays, ran the box, etc. Kind of cool to watch. They appear to be doing pretty well but from a dad perspective I have to ask, could they be even better if the coaches and parents took a little stronger leadership role there? Are literally no parents willing to help out? I assume great access to McDonogh and St Pauls facilities (their coaches own Predators MD), I guess that has to be said.

Crabs: Have seen them play the least since my son's team left their division a few years ago. How bad does your son need to play (or even sit) on a national top 25 team? I'd say that almost every starter in the MIAA played for Crabs at least one year. Many of them, for only one year. Crabs has an aggressive, detail oriented coaching culture which they are very transparent about, and the truth is that about 10% of kids thrive in that environment (or it goes over their head, despite being directly screamed at), 40% can survive it (and eventually move on), and the other 50% struggle with it so badly that they not only quit lacrosse, but many quit all sports as a result. You can find Crabs helmets for sale across the country. The big X factor for the 2028 Crabs will be what to make of the new holdback rules, with the incoming boarding students at BL especially? How many 2027 Crabs will move down to 2028 this summer? I'm honestly not sure, but it should be a key question if you're in talks with the coaches.

Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, 91, FCA White, and Predators are basically all the same kids and kids move fluidly between the three clubs every year. Crabs is a solid half-step higher. Maybe a full step. In all cases, these are kids who will have a good chance to play at good high schools.

In order of your ask:

91: Roster is just waiting to be turned over for HS age. 100% Dad coaches including the Towson HS varsity coach, who I assume will be funneling players between the school and the club a year from now. The price is very reasonable, the practices are high speed and high quality, and if the team was bracketed where it should be, you'd see kids improving due to attentive (dad) coaches. Kids who play (or ride the very large bench) for 91 seem to leave and be successful elsewhere, even if they had a bad experience, and that's something to consider.

FCA White: Army of Dad coaches. The team is bracketed to their talent level, are very well coached, and generally the parents and players seem happy to be there. I think for some families it's frustrating that the club has bracketed them at their "B team" (this team) while some favoritism exists in placement for the upper (Blue) team, when really, the 3rd line of FCA Blue seems pretty interchangeable with the starters of FCA White.

Predators: Very new club, lots of questions. Only seen them twice. 1 coach for the whole team, both times (when's the last time you saw that!), and in one game (as I was leaving Troy Park) the players ran their own warmup, picked the starting lineup, boys call out their own plays, ran the box, etc. Kind of cool to watch. They appear to be doing pretty well but from a dad perspective I have to ask, could they be even better if the coaches and parents took a little stronger leadership role there? Are literally no parents willing to help out? I assume great access to McDonogh and St Pauls facilities (their coaches own Predators MD), I guess that has to be said.

Crabs: Have seen them play the least since my son's team left their division a few years ago. How bad does your son need to play (or even sit) on a national top 25 team? I'd say that almost every starter in the MIAA played for Crabs at least one year. Many of them, for only one year. Crabs has an aggressive, detail oriented coaching culture which they are very transparent about, and the truth is that about 10% of kids thrive in that environment (or it goes over their head, despite being directly screamed at), 40% can survive it (and eventually move on), and the other 50% struggle with it so badly that they not only quit lacrosse, but many quit all sports as a result. You can find Crabs helmets for sale across the country. The big X factor for the 2028 Crabs will be what to make of the new holdback rules, with the incoming boarding students at BL especially? How many 2027 Crabs will move down to 2028 this summer? I'm honestly not sure, but it should be a key question if you're in talks with the coaches.

Good luck.

I would argue the 3rd line of FCA Blue looks more like 91 than FCA White. I love that the boys on the Preds are making decisions. It may not be the best way to win today, but the boys will develop a lacrosse IQ vs. "Get it to Johnny!".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re not on 91, FCA or Crabs by eighth grade you have very little chance of playing in college …. FACT!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re not on 91, FCA or Crabs by eighth grade you have very little chance of playing in college …. FACT!

Aren't you the same clown who just five days ago said that you need to on those 3 clubs to have "any chance" of playing in the MIAA?

Remember that statistically a kid's #1 factor for success is his parents' level of success. Not what 6th grade lax club they play on.

MD/Philly/NY/MA club ball is so superior to what other regions are offering all but the very top kids that you can absolutely find your way to a college roster from public school and a AA club if the kid has done everything else right. Do you think all the D3 programs still recruiting deep into 12th grade turn down lots of coach-recommended 3 sport athletes from MD rocking 4.1 GPAs and other accomplishments (and dad's checkbook)? No.

Now....will those kids ever be on the field for the D1 Championship? No. But very few "elite MD youth players" ever will. Including Crabs, 91, and FCA kids who all quit D1 after freshman year because they're not special anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aren't you the same clown who just five days ago said that you need to on those 3 clubs to have "any chance" of playing in the MIAA?

Remember that statistically a kid's #1 factor for success is his parents' level of success. Not what 6th grade lax club they play on.

MD/Philly/NY/MA club ball is so superior to what other regions are offering all but the very top kids that you can absolutely find your way to a college roster from public school and a AA club if the kid has done everything else right. Do you think all the D3 programs still recruiting deep into 12th grade turn down lots of coach-recommended 3 sport athletes from MD rocking 4.1 GPAs and other accomplishments (and dad's checkbook)? No.

Now....will those kids ever be on the field for the D1 Championship? No. But very few "elite MD youth players" ever will. Including Crabs, 91, and FCA kids who all quit D1 after freshman year because they're not special anymore.
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and just written the last 2 sentences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lame assumption from 91 dad. Word on the street is 91 goalie is leaving along with the best 3 players to local clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many starters/contributors in the miaa A conference came from AA clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the 2028 91 team is basically a really good AA team playing in Elite

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's more than zero on every single MIAA A team. So take your flat and false argument elsewhere. Or even better answer your own question with 3 minutes of web search.

Also FWIW 91 2028 is not even in the top 10 in MD or the top 100 nationally. Ask us about how many current 91 players have been attending other AA and AAA practices lately lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lame assumption from 91 dad. Word on the street is 91 goalie is leaving along with the best 3 players to local clubs.

They just took 3 defectors from FCA Blue, so playing time will become a bigger issue for a lot of kids. How big was 91s roster already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's more than zero on every single MIAA A team. So take your flat and false argument elsewhere. Or even better answer your own question with 3 minutes of web search.

Also FWIW 91 2028 is not even in the top 10 in MD or the top 100 nationally. Ask us about how many current 91 players have been attending other AA and AAA practices lately lol.

Look lady I don’t care about 91. I also don’t care about AA lacrosse.

I was just asking since you seem to think you know everything about where kids will end up.

But alas you know nothing and are just rambling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They just took 3 defectors from FCA Blue, so playing time will become a bigger issue for a lot of kids. How big was 91s roster already?
3 kids left FCA Blue and went to 91? Can anyone confirm this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can tell you that last summer (with recent KP defectors and FCA guest players) it was 36. Then they dumped the Swarm kids they promised to " develop into elite HS players" just months before and got it down to 26 after tryouts. 50% of KP kids will get the boot from 91 in 6 weeks. Because development 😆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confirmed. 2 middies, 1 fogo. All long time FCA players. All good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confirmed. 2 middies, 1 fogo. All long time FCA players. All good players.

Starting SSDM, a back-up SSDM, and back up FOGO. Draw your own conclusions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Mark , No need to go postal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freshman and Sophomore seasons are your chance to be seen so you need to be on a club that gets the best exposure. 91 and Crabs will get most of the exposure of the other MD clubs. It’s not like the old days where coaches come to see a kid. You need to get in front of them. 91 and Crabs do that the best in the freshman sophomore years!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they’re attending A and AA practices they are dropping down because they can’t compete and play on their current club team. Why would anyone pay to play on a non elite club team? Someone smart should start an old fashion summer league where everyone pays $200 and they draft teams each year. Much better for most kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they’re attending A and AA practices they are dropping down because they can’t compete and play on their current club team. Why would anyone pay to play on a non elite club team? Someone smart should start an old fashion summer league where everyone pays $200 and they draft teams each year. Much better for most kids.
Absolutely. Night games, let the boys have fun and improve for the spring HS season. Some may blossom into Varsity players, but paying $5k a year to these club owners is pure idiocy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freshman and Sophomore seasons are your chance to be seen so you need to be on a club that gets the best exposure. 91 and Crabs will get most of the exposure of the other MD clubs. It’s not like the old days where coaches come to see a kid. You need to get in front of them. 91 and Crabs do that the best in the freshman sophomore years!!

LOL the 91 2028s are something like 5-46 in the last 3 years. Oh yeah all kinds of college coaches are lining up to drive 6 hours to see that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anyone spend $3K for an elite helmet and 2 minutes of elite PT per game, on the insane hope that a coach will see your son's 2 passes per game? The bottom 2/3 of Elite club rosters are getting recruited the same way the AAA and AA kids are. Which is "hardly at all." That's as nonsensical and even more delusional than paying AA and AAA teams for that purpose.

Agreed about summer league, but ironically it's been tried multiple times and all of you elite-adjacent dads refuse to sign your kids up because "it's all rec kids." And heaven forbid your Psuedo Mini Rabel is photographed with rec kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely. Night games, let the boys have fun and improve for the spring HS season. Some may blossom into Varsity players, but paying $5k a year to these club owners is pure idiocy
My son's team probably has the biggest roster I have seen in HoCo or anywhere. Easily 10 kids who get minimal playing time (except for summer tournaments, because we have to be "fair"). If you are paying that kind of money for your kid to ride the pine and not get reps you need your head checked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD wants to play Elite, but they are playing in Aloha this weekend.....Zingos, HoCo and Hawks Black. Yikes!!!

Not quite...Team MD *DADS* want them to play Elite. Team MD director and coaches have been 100% clear for years that they have no interest in elite ball. And to their credit, this reflects a culture of riding with - and deeply knowing the limitations of - players they've developed over several years, unlike the wanna-be elite directors who move very unready teams up to elite just to recruit new kids for next year.

Which makes a lot of sense since they aren’t loaded up with holdbacks like most if not all of the teams in “Elite”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD wants to play Elite, but they are playing in Aloha this weekend.....Zingos, HoCo and Hawks Black. Yikes!!!

Not quite...Team MD *DADS* want them to play Elite. Team MD director and coaches have been 100% clear for years that they have no interest in elite ball. And to their credit, this reflects a culture of riding with - and deeply knowing the limitations of - players they've developed over several years, unlike the wanna-be elite directors who move very unready teams up to elite just to recruit new kids for next year.

Which makes a lot of sense since they aren’t loaded up with holdbacks like most if not all of the teams in “Elite”

Serious question. What will you clowns in 28 division do when you kid goes to high school. HOCO is almost over for you son and means nothing. You all have to be the worst division of dads on here. Get a life. You’re even making the fool 26 parents look good now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question. What will you clowns in 28 division do when you kid goes to high school. HOCO is almost over for you son and means nothing. You all have to be the worst division of dads on here. Get a life. You’re even making the fool 26 parents look good now.
"Clown".....favorite term used by holdback elite daddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat me to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat me to it.
Wait till the AI bots hit BOTC:

“Hit the wall, Johnny.”
“You’re a clown.”
“All you Holdback dads are pathetic”
“My kid plays up.”
“Top half of AAA is interchangeable with bottom half of Elite.”
“Hawks are the greatest.”
“Anyone who plays for Cabell needs his head examined”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat me to it.

Clown is only a term we use for you 28 dads. Read most of these post. It fits well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend roundup:

Hawks win NAL beating Venom, Mad Dog and 3DNE, S2S and Jersey express

FCA wins Platinum Cup beating Next Level (twice), WCS's B team, Denver Elite and True Chesapeake

Any other 2028 teams play this weekend?

Madlax was at NAL and lost to Express North in the Quarters

True won a few at Platinum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat me to it.
Wait till the AI bots hit BOTC:

“Hit the wall, Johnny.”
“You’re a clown.”
“All you Holdback dads are pathetic”
“My kid plays up.”
“Top half of AAA is interchangeable with bottom half of Elite.”
“Hawks are the greatest.”
“Anyone who plays for Cabell needs his head examined”
This is hilariously spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are a few weeks into the spring/summer season and I feel compelled to send the recent sideline chat to all you pathetic reclass cheaters. Imagine having to make your child repeat a grade in school to stand out. Not god enough to play up? Hahaha, not even good enough to stand out on age. Shame on you parents. The vast majority of the parents that come on this board look at you and your kids with disgust.

***No, my child doesn’t sit on the bench.
***No, my child’s name isn’t Johnny.
***No, my child doesn’t need to hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are a few weeks into the spring/summer season and I feel compelled to send the recent sideline chat to all you pathetic reclass cheaters. Imagine having to make your child repeat a grade in school to stand out. Not god enough to play up? Hahaha, not even good enough to stand out on age. Shame on you parents. The vast majority of the parents that come on this board look at you and your kids with disgust.

Yawn. You must have lost to them. Accept that there are holdbacks in lacrosse at the youth level, or don’t play. Your kid is going to go into high school and play against kids who are two and three years older than him for four years. Embrace it now. You’ll be much happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]We are a few weeks into the spring/summer season and I feel compelled to send the recent sideline chat to all you pathetic reclass cheaters. Imagine having to make your child repeat a grade in school to stand out. Not god enough to play up? Hahaha, not even good enough to stand out on age. Shame on you parents. The vast majority of the parents that come on this board look at you and your kids with disgust.

***No, my child doesn’t need to hit the wall.[

Look up cheating in the dictionary. Sorry that your son’s experience in lacrosse, whatever his name, has left you so bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the vast majority of 6 dads who visit this page and talk to themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me just get out ahead of conversations about this weekend’s results and point out that we all know that summer lacrosse doesn’t count because we’re only a couple months from football practice starting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me just get out ahead of conversations about this weekend’s results and point out that we all know that summer lacrosse doesn’t count because we’re only a couple months from football practice starting.
Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Capital didn’t play this weekend. Monuments did.
I almost… almost… feel bad for MadLax at this point. The. I remember who their coach is, how their parents act and how they ran their mouths for years. First as sore winners then as sore losers.

Those sidelines must be amazing these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend roundup:

Hawks win NAL beating Venom, Mad Dog and 3DNE, S2S and Jersey express

FCA wins Platinum Cup beating Next Level (twice), WCS's B team, Denver Elite and True Chesapeake

Any other 2028 teams play this weekend?

Madlax was at NAL and lost to Express North in the Quarters

True won a few at Platinum

What happened with Hawks and Freedom? Freedom is good, but didn’t see that coming. Eventually Hawks found their footing over the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Page 190 of 257 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 256 257
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard