BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,513
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 271 of 331 1 2 269 270 271 272 273 330 331
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fix this thread

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fix this thread
Guess we will never know what was said on page 270.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fix this thread

I heard page 270 details Spalding’s secret plan for “next year.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have told the site admins via multiple emails that page 270 (and now the second to last page of the MD girls HS forum) is broken and can't be seen. I have sent screenshots twice, and explained that it renders as brokwn (database error) on two different browsers and my iPhone. Not sure what else users can do to convince them there is a problem with their forums. The response has been to tell me the problem is on my end. Ummm, no.

We are trying to be helpful guys. Does anyone realize how your organization looks when you post comments about broken pages but don't fix (or at least acknowledge) the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So..... Where did we left off?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a shame. There are some juicy nuggets on Pg 270. including:

The McD/91/ECD marketing agreement,
The LB Head Coach announcement,
CH goalie police blotter,
StP/Predators plan for world domination,
Gilman's decision to move to B division,
News of the "tasteful" renovation/sponsorship of the Archbishop Martin Spalding/Lidz Chapel of Remembrance on the Spalding campus.

We need that page fixed!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fix this thread

I heard page 270 details Spalding’s secret plan for “next year.”

What's the secret? I love it when a plan comes together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the final 4 teams left are indicative to the top 4 teams all season.

So predictions for Tuesday's semifinals ????

I've got Mcd by 2 and CH by 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen to STM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opening projections- BL v McD- pick'em even odds.

Dons v chc- Dons -1.5

my prediction- Dons 13-10, BL 9-8

Coach Ubes vs his former team for the MIAA Dons 11-9

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boarders' Latin is looking for some payback. The new additions are paying dividends. Look for them to "upset" McDonogh continuing the ECD curse.

Loyola has been playing over their heads. CHC has a lot of experience in the semis. I expect the Cards to run away with it.

Boarders' Latin shows the Cardinals how collecting out of state talent is done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dons v chc- Dons -1.5

Dons will not make championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen to STM?

Can’t shoot
Can’t dodge
Can’t play defense
Can’t play as a team

Bunch of over hyped college commits. This year has been a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen to STM?
Can you say they Choked… again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen to STM?
To say they choked is to overestimate the talent they had this year. They finished about where they should have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen to STM?
To say they choked is to overestimate the talent they had this year. They finished about where they should have.
Both Annapolis schools, STM and Severn, have to be the most disappointing teams in the MIAA. With all that talent and not one made it to the final four. Both coaching staffs are clown shows!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the story on Bullis this year? What happened there? Seemed like a talented team with a couple of injuries. I don’t follow it as closely, would love to hear any takes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the final 4 teams left are indicative to the top 4 teams all season.

So predictions for Tuesday's semifinals ????

I've got Mcd by 2 and CH by 1

MCD 14 - BL 10

Loyola 8 - CH - 7 OT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland's #2 goalie was grad transfer Teddy Dolan, who started vs, Syracuse and had a sub-50 save percentage. He was benched in favor of Ruppel, not injured. Perhaps if McEnnaney nevery got hurt or Dolan kept the starting spot, the plan was for Ruppel to redshirt.
He keeps playing the way he is, McNaney will be the backup when he comes back.

Ha. Doubt it. People are forgetting who was the goalie last year already? Ruppel may need to consider a move if he wants to play next year.

Ruppel style of goalie play is not championship caliber. Too many rebounds! Look at the last two goalies that won championships for Maryland totally opposite from Ruppel. McNaney and Morris are more composed and patient in the goal. They are actually tracking the ball.

Amazing how he can get in front of so many balls when he isnt tracking them!! How many games have you seen him play? You're probably just hating on him because he went to public school. Unzip your quarter zip a little....it's cutting off the blood to your brain!!

Aging nicely......

Ruppel style of goalie play is not championship caliber. Too many rebounds! Look at the last two goalies that won championships for Maryland totally opposite from Ruppel. McNaney and Morris are more composed and patient in the goal. They are actually tracking the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters. He was a freshman who was unexpectedly thrown into to cage his first year. He did pretty outstanding for the national championship team all things considered. Good God.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job 2026 longpoles making Loyolas semifinal roster!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dons v chc- Dons -1.5

Dons will not make championship game.
Congrats Hall. It’s going to be a great game Friday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dons v chc- Dons -1.5

You should never go to Vegas😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters. He was a freshman who was unexpectedly thrown into to cage his first year. He did pretty outstanding for the national championship team all things considered. Good God.

Agree 100%. Not only is he a freshman - he's an on age freshman. No reclassing. Kid isn't even 19 yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STM - Severn and Spalding need to move to B league or move to the IAC where they can compete for a championship. Baltimore will always run the MIAA A division. Anne Arundel teams are fooling themselves.

STM was forward thinking in all the other sports that play B. Time to move lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STM - Severn and Spalding need to move to B league or move to the IAC where they can compete for a championship. Baltimore will always run the MIAA A division. Anne Arundel teams are fooling themselves.

STM was forward thinking in all the other sports that play B. Time to move lacrosse.

If the

If they did move to the IAC it would be a better league then the miaa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the last 10 years only 4 teams have won the MIAA championship; CHC, BL, McDonogh and St. Mary's. St. Mary's and Spalding have also competed in the championship game multiple times in that same span. I expect that Spalding will be back in the championship game in 2 years. Sorry these teams live in your head, you silly man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the CHC goalie issue a sign of a bigger issue/problem happening behind the scenes? I have also noticed many of the top players don't pan out in college. Some do others struggled beyond lacrosse.

Not looking ridiculous responses, just wondering how the sport may be changing and affecting player behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For running starting with little to no experience i think he did well. May not be a starter next year but clearly the back up. All depends on how tillman sees it. Tillman knows he has a student goalie with room for growth. Unfortunately the growing was expedited before they planned to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach U era at LB mercifully ended last night. The team lost, but it was a win for the program now that he will be gone. Lackluster tenure that completely failed to advance the program. Zero wins against their biggest rival and only a couple playoff appearances. Hopefully the administration learned from this and is able to upgrade and pull the team out of this quagmire. The only people upset are his former BL or Loyola College buddies that no longer are able to send their kids to LB and be guaranteed a spot on varsity as freshman. I guess that’s how the Cookie crumbles. . . twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the CHC goalie issue a sign of a bigger issue/problem happening behind the scenes? I have also noticed many of the top players don't pan out in college. Some do others struggled beyond lacrosse.

Not looking ridiculous responses, just wondering how the sport may be changing and affecting player behavior.

Some of it are individual issues with the kids.

Some of it is symptomatic of being a successful program.

And some of it are self inflicted wounds.

Kids are kids, they will make mistakes.

Success breeds lots of kids wanting to play for your program. And you can’t control everyone who shows up.

But sometimes discipline issues occur when you recruit everyone, not just the right-fit kids. Simply for the sake of keeping promising players away from other competitive programs.

Sometimes you believe your own hype - that your program has a “great culture” because you win. Not always the case. As a fellow teacher told me when I started in the profession- “Good grades do NOT always mean good kids.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aye man as somebody who was coached by him. He is a great man who really does care about us at loyola. You guys come on here acting like u know everything when u don’t. Loyola is on the rise. Last year they didn’t make the playoffs and now they almost got to the championship how cool is that? The dons will be back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mcd BL pick'em was an excellent line and the zebras screwed the Dons

Championship- Mcd 14-8

CHC doesnt stand a chance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aye man as somebody who was coached by him. He is a great man who really does care about us at loyola. You guys come on here acting like u know everything when u don’t. Loyola is on the rise. Last year they didn’t make the playoffs and now they almost got to the championship how cool is that? The dons will be back.
go back to class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mcd BL pick'em was an excellent line and the zebras screwed the Dons

Championship- Mcd 14-8

CHC doesnt stand a chance
The Dons screwed themselves. Heard Zimmerman on the broadcast say several times that you've got to finish the play. Loyola would make a nice play and then turn it over, time an time again. I don't put it on the coaches. They had high level kids making low IQ plays. Maybe the moment was too big for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach U era at LB mercifully ended last night. The team lost, but it was a win for the program now that he will be gone. Lackluster tenure that completely failed to advance the program. Zero wins against their biggest rival and only a couple playoff appearances. Hopefully the administration learned from this and is able to upgrade and pull the team out of this quagmire. The only people upset are his former BL or Loyola College buddies that no longer are able to send their kids to LB and be guaranteed a spot on varsity as freshman. I guess that’s how the Cookie crumbles. . . twice.

Rumor has it the Crumbles are following Coach U to STM? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, jealousy is an ugly thing. The reality is that Coach U is a great guy and his players loved playing for him. The LB program is currently in excellent shape with good talent returning and good talent in the pipeline. The next coach has a very good foundation to build upon along with top flight athletic facilities and the full support of the new AD. The 2 young men you referred to (you ignorant jacka**) live across the street from campus and are absolutely not following Coach U to his new gig as an asst. at StM. I can only assume they at some point have (deservedly) taken playing time from your own kid? That's the only explanation I can come up with...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, jealousy is an ugly thing. The reality is that Coach U is a great guy and his players loved playing for him. The LB program is currently in excellent shape with good talent returning and good talent in the pipeline. The next coach has a very good foundation to build upon along with top flight athletic facilities and the full support of the new AD. The 2 young men you referred to (you ignorant jacka**) live across the street from campus and are absolutely not following Coach U to his new gig as an asst. at StM. I can only assume they at some point have (deservedly) taken playing time from your own kid? That's the only explanation I can come up with...

No one said U isn’t a good person, he just wasn’t a good coach for Loyola. The players who “loved” playing for him are part of the special ones that can do no wrong (GRIT!) , the rest of the players, not so much. Yes, it’s silly to think anyone who stepped on the varsity field this year would follow him (MIAA rules etc, etc). However, the only reason those young men made it as freshman was as a favor to their father. ESPECIALLY the freshman this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phipps officially out at Spalding

Assistant taking over as HC

Like Reply Quote