BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,083
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 88 of 112 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RPCS made the playoff.. 6th I believe. Not bad. Heard new coach is phenomenal and head of recruiting for D1 programs. They should be interesting to watch. Sounds like they’ve made a renewed commitment to the program. She already has a big name lax players daughter committed, which in Bmore, never hurts to tip the scales. These things can change so quickly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High school lax doesn’t really matter for recruiting, most of the coaches are in season and 💯 focused on their college teams.

I can argue for a lot of girls it just opens them up to injuries.
The coaches don’t sub, run the girls into the ground at practice and I’ve witnessed more acl/MLC injuries than I can count.

As someone who’s been through this twice already, I’m telling you just let the process play out and support your daughter. If she wants to play at the next level there is a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to Check-Hers and M&D Red in the B championship today.

Same to Hero's and M&D Black on the A side.

Well deserved for all 4 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well.,. Who won the championship game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
High school lax doesn’t really matter for recruiting, most of the coaches are in season and 💯 focused on their college teams.

I can argue for a lot of girls it just opens them up to injuries.
The coaches don’t sub, run the girls into the ground at practice and I’ve witnessed more acl/MLC injuries than I can count.

As someone who’s been through this twice already, I’m telling you just let the process play out and support your daughter. If she wants to play at the next level there is a team.

Club for recruiting. HS for preparation.

There are scouts out during the HS season. But club really is the foundation for recruiting, with those toyrney and games really being showcases. In fact, I know 2 kids that were out during more than 1 hs season and still got very good offers. I've not heard of the opposite (only HS and no club).

HS is still important for the girls to get a feel for the constant lax wear and tear, discipline and need to be a student all at once, even if they don't get much burn. Playoff and championship rotations, like in any sport, get moved down to 2 to 3 people, while during the year, there are usually 6-7 woman rotations. BUT the in-season daily grind is invaluable. Club in no way prepares kids for this the way in-season HS does.

Definitely need to keep these things in mind so the players can make a fair assessment of both their own abilities, their own desires and their own ability to withstand the NCAA gauntlet. It's a lot. A lot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros won by one. it was a great game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to héros.

I'm curious, how many of their 10 goals were from players other than their starting middies? Going into it, I thought they needed to share the ball more to have a chance against a defense as good as M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros 10-9. Great game all around.

M&D red won the B division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 1/2 of the goals were scored by Hero's attack and the rest were spread around by all the middies. You can probably add another 3 assists from the attack as well. Basically they shredded the incredible M&D Defense. The strength of Hero's is all about the team play and the high level of lacrosse IQ they have!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 1/2 of the goals were scored by Hero's attack and the rest were spread around by all the middies. You can probably add another 3 assists from the attack as well. Basically they shredded the incredible M&D Defense. The strength of Hero's is all about the team play and the high level of lacrosse IQ they have!

Be more cringey, mommy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be more cringey, mommy.

Probably the stat dad. Everyone knows who he is. He jumps around like he's the one who scored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be more cringey, mommy.

Probably the stat dad. Everyone knows who he is. He jumps around like he's the one who scored.

My daughter's team frequently plays both teams. Hero's seems to play a little faster and are very skilled while M&D doesn't make any mistakes and are very smart and consistent in the way the play. Both teams are great but play differently. Congrats to Hero's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D dad here. Congrats to Heros on a well deserved win.

Hero's played a great game and had great shooting and goalkeeping which was the difference.

However, the above statement was definitely not true for yesterday's game. I think Hero's had one attack goal from settled play.

The rest of the goals were various different versions of clearouts, rolls and isos for their star middies. I expected M&D to deny the ball or run early doubles to stop their stars but it never happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's played a great game and had great shooting and goalkeeping which was the difference.

However, the above statement was definitely not true for yesterday's game. I think Hero's had one attack goal from settled play.

The rest of the goals were various different versions of clearouts, rolls and isos for their star middies. I expected M&D to deny the ball or run early doubles to stop their stars but it never happened.

The game winner alone was an assisted goal to an attacker in a settled play. What game did you watch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top four teams in playoffs were the top four we thought would be there at the end.

I think things played out as expected.

Will be interesting to see where the BLC girls end up, if any teams take a leap once they join or if a few go to the big two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The game winner alone was an assisted goal to an attacker in a settled play. What game did you watch?

That was the one attacker goal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having stayed around to watch with my daughter I thought M&D would have gone at the two tall defenders on Hero's. They were slow and not very coordinated. Missed opportunities can cost you. Great game to watch could have gone either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to Heros. they had teams win in three age groups
coppermine in two

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how Heros will do against the other teams that made NGLL from out of state?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having stayed around to watch with my daughter I thought M&D would have gone at the two tall defenders on Hero's. They were slow and not very coordinated. Missed opportunities can cost you. Great game to watch could have gone either way.

Not sure why you feel need to call out two girls on the championship team, but maybe reflect on how you would feel if someone called your kid slow and uncoordinated. Be better. Sorry your kid didn't get a free t-shirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why you feel need to call out two girls on the championship team, but maybe reflect on how you would feel if someone called your kid slow and uncoordinated. Be better. Sorry your kid didn't get a free t-shirt.

You stayed around to watch the 2 best teams in the area. Maybe in the country. And you throw shade at these teams. I assume your daughter's team would lose by 20 to either one of them.

Good job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shading or calling a spade, a spade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how Heros will do against the other teams that made NGLL from out of state?

Aces isn't going this year. Depending on draw, top games will likely be a rematch against Jesters and Eagle Stix. Can't see anyone else giving them a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 of 10 Hero’s goals were by attackers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Madskillz 27’s beat BLC in January for the second time and lost to M&D Black by 1 in The Eye of the Hurricane tournament in Florida.

I think they may have a chance against any of them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A rare double oof in real-time. Calling out specific middle school girls in public (who won), and giving coaching advice to a team that clearly doesn’t need it. Resist the urge to defend yourself because “I’m right” …that feeling is the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 of 10 Hero’s goals were by attackers.

Thanks Stat Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Madskillz 27’s beat BLC in January for the second time and lost to M&D Black by 1 in The Eye of the Hurricane tournament in Florida.

Also lost to MDU by 3 in same tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D by far has the best defense in terms of covering and keeping offense from getting good looks. They aren't great on the clear or under duress. A short field like Garrison helps them. I would have thought Hero's loses by 2-3 but kudos to them, their offense is strong and it came up big.

10 goals is a lot on any team.

HG will beat several region winners by double digits. M&D, BLC and MDU would have as well.

EagleStix is the big threat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters and HG have a leg up on Madskillz and Eagle Stix. NGLL mid Atlantic is best competition anywhere. Best Long Island 8th graders play JV or varsity. I think down in FL and GA it’s mainly middle school lax leagues in the spring. At least so I’ve heard. So if true you can expect that they will not be as sharp as teams from MD and LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be a donk, take L and just be better next time. The point is make try to make general references, doubly so when calling out deficiencies. Unlike a pro sports forum, we are here taking about other people's young children arguably to or in front of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be a donk, take L and just be better next time. The point is make try to make general references, doubly so when calling out deficiencies. Unlike a pro sports forum, we are here taking about other people's young children arguably to or in front of them.

Not the op, but it is slightly amusing me to me that people have absolutely no problem calling out other girls all the time. But as soon as something is said about the “champs” you all start clutching your pearls. Everyone knows that there are quite a few girls on that team who don’t really belong, but are only there because their parent/relative coaches or their parent is so far up the coaches [Censored] they can’t see the sun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A rare double oof in real-time. Calling out specific middle school girls in public (who won), and giving coaching advice to a team that clearly doesn’t need it. Resist the urge to defend yourself because “I’m right” …that feeling is the problem.

If Heros and M&D switched coaches, Heros would win every game by 4 or 5. Heros won in spite of coaching, not because of it. At this level, you should win when you have the best goalie and best 2 field players in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters and HG have a leg up on Madskillz and Eagle Stix. NGLL mid Atlantic is best competition anywhere. Best Long Island 8th graders play JV or varsity. I think down in FL and GA it’s mainly middle school lax leagues in the spring. At least so I’ve heard. So if true you can expect that they will not be as sharp as teams from MD and LI.

Public school girls in Florida can play varsity in middle school. Not sure the impact here since most Madskillz girls will go private.

However, Jesters will have some players still in HS playoffs, so I don't believe they will be bringing their full team.

The biggest variables for next weekend will likely be draw and weather. Looks like there are 7 qualified A teams, so pool play will be a bit unbalanced. Also, the weather is supposed to be mid-80s and humid which could give an advantage to Eagle Stix and MadSkillz.

All that being said, unless HG is missing some girls due to previously planned family vacations I would expect them to win. I think ES and Jesters (if full team) could give them a close game mainly because both like to slow the game down which creates closer matchups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Heros and M&D switched coaches, Heros would win every game by 4 or 5. Heros won in spite of coaching, not because of it. At this level, you should win when you have the best goalie and best 2 field players in the game.

Most of your statement is rubbish. First off it's not quantifiable. Both teams play based on their coaches philosophies. So who's to say how each would differ on opposing teams. Given their current rosters.

I'm sure both coaches are extremely happy with their current teams.

Trying to create noise between the 2 best teams is a weak troll. Focus on being relevant this summer on your uwn subpar team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the op, but it is slightly amusing me to me that people have absolutely no problem calling out other girls all the time. But as soon as something is said about the “champs” you all start clutching your pearls. Everyone knows that there are quite a few girls on that team who don’t really belong, but are only there because their parent/relative coaches or their parent is so far up the coaches [Censored] they can’t see the sun.

Can’t tell what team you are talking about. Sounds like every club team out there. Even the team that wins won’t have 5 star players all the way down the bench. You parents with no coaching credentials critiquing every team amuse me !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did any of the MD teams bring full rosters to that tourney? I imagine a new tourney over MLK weekend when lots of kids have basketball conflicts means lots of teams prob didn't bring full rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, they did have more than one attacker goal; there was one during the first half as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Censored] down and put on their [Censored]! Another pathetic parent Have nuts next time you post something about young kids and attach your name. Let’s all agree that Hero’s is by far the best team on the field!!he

Page 88 of 112 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard