BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,026
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 112 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m completely missing your point. The game was close the entire first half heading into the second half. Clearly, the Green coaches view the White team as a worthy and admirable opponent as they wouldn’t have been so animated as you suggested. I’m sorry the White team lost but they should hold their heads high. They gave the Green team a run for their money in the first half.

And in terms of bashing a team within your own organization, this puts a black eye on the White team, not the Green. Right at a time when White is receiving praise on this forum, deservedly so.

Hold your heads high and don’t be a sore lost. The better team won on Sunday but White isn’t far behind (unless these comments deter future parents from joining).

You do you, but be mindful of the other 20+ girls on your roster.

*Not a parent in your organization but have friends and support players on both teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m completely missing your point. The game was close the entire first half heading into the second half. Clearly, the Green coaches view the White team as a worthy and admirable opponent as they wouldn’t have been so animated as you suggested. I’m sorry the White team lost but they should hold their heads high. They gave the Green team a run for their money in the first half.

And in terms of bashing a team within your own organization, this puts a black eye on the White team, not the Green. Right at a time when White is receiving praise on this forum, deservedly so.

Hold your heads high and don’t be a sore lost. The better team won on Sunday but White isn’t far behind (unless these comments deter future parents from joining).

You do you, but be mindful of the other 20+ girls on your roster.

*Not a parent in your organization but have friends and support players on both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very interested to see how BLC going away affects the local scene in terms of ranking. Pride obviously will lose kids too but they are a very solid team at moment, especially offensively.
The Coppermine vs SW market is going to be one to watch. SW just not taking that leap, Coppermine won't go away.

For the 27's. Capital becomes the relevant newcomer. SW and Coppermine are what they are and will be. SW will probably get better because of the reputation and recruiting history. Coppermine will continue to be a good solid lower tier A team. But for 27's, M&D and Hero's are dramatically better today and for the next 3 years than any other Maryland based teams. Coppermine nor SW will put a dent in that. Actually, I would say Hero's White could potentially make the biggest leap.

Hero's White is always interesting. 2 years ago, Heros White 26s were the #6 team in the nation. Then a majority of the team left to other A teams and they were never able to reload.

8 or 9 of the Hero's White starters could probably start on any Maryland team except M&D Black and HG. Will be interesting to see if they stick around.

If I had to guess you will see more than a few leave for SWB and Coppermine. I think at least one will likely be promoted to HG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picks for the weekend.

M&D Black 11, MD United 5. This is just a bad matchup for MDU. MDU has been extending its defense more during the spring, but M&D will just pick this apart.

Heros Green 9, BLC 4. I think Hero's get an early lead here and BLC struggles to chase games. Hero's middies are just too good.

M&D Black 8, Hero's Green 7. I wouldn't be surprised if Heros wins here. In fact, if they get a ref who calls the game very close, Hero's probably would be my pick. But I think M&D pulls away because they have more girls who can score; Heros probably a bit too reliant on its middies to score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very interested to see how BLC going away affects the local scene in terms of ranking. Pride obviously will lose kids too but they are a very solid team at moment, especially offensively.
The Coppermine vs SW market is going to be one to watch. SW just not taking that leap, Coppermine won't go away.

For the 27's. Capital becomes the relevant newcomer. SW and Coppermine are what they are and will be. SW will probably get better because of the reputation and recruiting history. Coppermine will continue to be a good solid lower tier A team. But for 27's, M&D and Hero's are dramatically better today and for the next 3 years than any other Maryland based teams. Coppermine nor SW will put a dent in that. Actually, I would say Hero's White could potentially make the biggest leap.

Why do you predict HW making a leap?

Oddly enough, with all the concern of the uneven schedule and no divisions, I think the playoff seeds worked out to what most of us would have predicted over winter.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picks for the weekend.

M&D Black 11, MD United 5. This is just a bad matchup for MDU. MDU has been extending its defense more during the spring, but M&D will just pick this apart.

Heros Green 9, BLC 4. I think Hero's get an early lead here and BLC struggles to chase games. Hero's middies are just too good.

M&D Black 8, Hero's Green 7. I wouldn't be surprised if Heros wins here. In fact, if they get a ref who calls the game very close, Hero's probably would be my pick. But I think M&D pulls away because they have more girls who can score; Heros probably a bit too reliant on its middies to score.

MDU always keeps games close. 6 is way too much. But M&D will win

BLC will keep it closer than 5 goals. If BLC can win 50% of the draws, it will be a 1 or 2 goal game. If not, I could see a 8-5 game

In the final, I think Hero's pulls it out. I agree that Hero's is very reliant on their middies. And M&D is more evenly spread out in scoring. But M&D defenders are turnover machines. They struggle to clear the ball. They will hand Hero's 2 or 3 goals. That will be the difference. Hero's 8-6.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight, but was at the Hero’s vs Hero’s game. The score was never 12-2, at any point in the game. Until the second half it was actually very close. Whatever this commenter stated did not happen. Again, no dog in the fight, but let’s be fair when we comment.

You're right...it was probably 12-4 when they broke away in the second half. Does that make it better?

Can “no dog in the fight” confirm if there were goal celebrations on the sideline and if a coach participated? We other anons need to know before weighing in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First half ended 5-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight, but was at the Hero’s vs Hero’s game. The score was never 12-2, at any point in the game. Until the second half it was actually very close. Whatever this commenter stated did not happen. Again, no dog in the fight, but let’s be fair when we comment.

You're right...it was probably 12-4 when they broke away in the second half. Does that make it better?

Can “no dog in the fight” confirm if there were goal celebrations on the sideline and if a coach participated? We other anons need to know before weighing in.

Who cares if there is a goal celebration on the sideline? Sports are fun. As long as it wasn't taunting the other team, it shouldn't be an issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of new girls have been showing up at SW, including a few from BLC and Stars.

Also they are expecting more from other elite programs.

Skywalkers will be fine, 1/4 of the current roster will likely turnover.

I think Coppermine is a really well coached and efficient team, they have been impressive and exceeded expectations

Likely more than a quarter. Probably only 2 or 3 defenders will still be on team next year.

Who doesn't need good defenders? Very hard to find.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's White is always interesting. 2 years ago, Heros White 26s were the #6 team in the nation. Then a majority of the team left to other A teams and they were never able to reload.

8 or 9 of the Hero's White starters could probably start on any Maryland team except M&D Black and HG. Will be interesting to see if they stick around.

If I had to guess you will see more than a few leave for SWB and Coppermine. I think at least one will likely be promoted to HG.

This is an insane comment. 12 players start, you telling me 8 or 9 of the starters on MDU or BLC or even Coppermine would lose their jobs if those HW girls came over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an insane comment. 12 players start, you telling me 8 or 9 of the starters on MDU or BLC or even Coppermine would lose their jobs if those HW girls came over?

Not if they all came over together, but 8 or 9 girls if they came over individual absolutely would.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not if they all came over together, but 8 or 9 girls if they came over individual absolutely would.

Hero’s White beat Next Level by 1 goal. I find this statement to be absurd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a saying “don’t kick an old man when his life’s work is unraveling before his eyes”. I’m going to anyway. What “Top” Maryland club doesn’t have a single team in the NGLL playoffs? The same “Top” club that doesn’t have a single team over .500 in NGLL. The same “Top” club that doesn’t have a single NGLL team in the top 15 rankings and most are below at least a few B teams. I won’t even mention the “Top” club to respect the dead. But we all know the club. Parents, how do you possibly pay so much money to have your daughter learn to lose and not how to compete in stressful situations. Help your daughter before too late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a saying “don’t kick an old man when his life’s work is unraveling before his eyes”. I’m going to anyway. What “Top” Maryland club doesn’t have a single team in the NGLL playoffs? The same “Top” club that doesn’t have a single team over .500 in NGLL. The same “Top” club that doesn’t have a single NGLL team in the top 15 rankings and most are below at least a few B teams. I won’t even mention the “Top” club to respect the dead. But we all know the club. Parents, how do you possibly pay so much money to have your daughter learn to lose and not how to compete in stressful situations. Help your daughter before too late.

Sigh. Just when we were back on track. It's getting so bad, people are just logging on with non-sequitors to rant? Like the drunkard on the street who wakes up and just randomly screams and complains to the sky.

The scary part is this commenter (pattern is now recognizable) is amongst us on the sidelines in real life. Take a breath. Focus on YOUR kid, YOUR family, YOUR team and for God's sake be better at life and don't let this vitriol trickle down to how your child acts and sees life.

In other news, the McD v StP game Friday should be great! Are there odds on this one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of new girls have been showing up at SW, including a few from BLC and Stars.

Also they are expecting more from other elite programs.

Skywalkers will be fine, 1/4 of the current roster will likely turnover.

I think Coppermine is a really well coached and efficient team, they have been impressive and exceeded expectations

Likely more than a quarter. Probably only 2 or 3 defenders will still be on team next year.

Who doesn't need good defenders? Very hard to find.

I think the read on that post is SW doesn’t have any good defenders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^ here comes the parent saying wait until high school and they will get good. Yeah when the talented out of state kids come and take your daughters spot. The top club is fading fast. Other clubs have more to offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my child plays fir M&D so i have no reason to come on here a defend this "top club" youre referring to other than what i've seen with my own eyes. And since you're on a 27 forum I'll assume your child is heading into high school (recruiting).... but come back to this post mid October and tell me where the 2025's - the girls currently in recruiting- committ to play in college. i promise you it will be the same caliber lax teams as heros and M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my child plays fir M&D so i have no reason to come on here a defend this "top club" youre referring to other than what i've seen with my own eyes. And since you're on a 27 forum I'll assume your child is heading into high school (recruiting).... but come back to this post mid October and tell me where the 2025's - the girls currently in recruiting- committ to play in college. i promise you it will be the same caliber lax teams as heros and M&D

It probably will be this year for the 25’s. Not positive it will be the same for the 27’s. Yes they will have kids recruited like all area teams but not like teams of the past. Lacrosse is growing and it’s no longer just a couple of big name clubs like years ago. That’s the only point. Let’s move on. Friday’s game so be a great one. I’m lending towards SPSG in a close one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^ here comes the parent saying wait until high school and they will get good. Yeah when the talented out of state kids come and take your daughters spot. The top club is fading fast. Other clubs have more to offer.

They have a couple decent ones, but other than top 3 clubs, you could argue than many teams even top 25 ones have challenges on defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at MD Clubs, top to bottom HS down to 2032s, I would say its pretty clearly

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) MD United

I don't think its even an argument. Can't have SW there with their performance at the Pre-HS levels. Can't have Coppermine there with their HS, lack of recruiting. Obviously things are constantly changing, but that's what I view it at this moment. 4-6 I think Coppermine, SW right there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at MD Clubs, top to bottom HS down to 2032s, I would say its pretty clearly

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) MD United

I don't think its even an argument. Can't have SW there with their performance at the Pre-HS levels. Can't have Coppermine there with their HS, lack of recruiting. Obviously things are constantly changing, but that's what I view it at this moment. 4-6 I think Coppermine, SW right there.

I think it is a tossup between MDU and SW but to your point, there is a massive gap between 2 and 3.

Comparing at .

24: SW
25: SW
26: SW
27: MDU
28: MDU, but SW just beat M&D
29: MDU
30: MDU

I think there is zero value in even rating 31s and 32s. Even on the "best" teams half the girls can't catch and 80% can't cradle.

The fact that SW puts zero effort in their 3rd and 4th grade teams is probably hurting them at the youth level. Historically top girls would jump to SW in 6th or 7th grade but that isn't happening anymore

Personally, I think playing travel lax in 3rd grade is fool, but it feels like that is where the MD game is going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sigh. Just when we were back on track. It's getting so bad, people are just logging on with non-sequitors to rant? Like the drunkard on the street who wakes up and just randomly screams and complains to the sky.

The scary part is this commenter (pattern is now recognizable) is amongst us on the sidelines in real life. Take a breath. Focus on YOUR kid, YOUR family, YOUR team and for God's sake be better at life and don't let this vitriol trickle down to how your child acts and sees life.

In other news, the McD v StP game Friday should be great! Are there odds on this one?

Should be a good game. Lean towards McD since they have the best 2 players on the field. Will be interesting to see how McD's very talented freshman keeper handles her first really big IAAM playoff game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have no idea about SW 27's
but the 28's just beat M&D and played coppermine and lost by 2 goals. so while not the top they're coming around and will get more girls at tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but the 28's just beat M&D and played coppermine and lost by 2 goals. so while not the top they're coming around and will get more girls at tryouts

Sure but they aren't better than MDU 28 which is the argument here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, since this is the 27 board, I have no ideas about the 28s. But the 27s ain't beating anyone decent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It probably will be this year for the 25’s. Not positive it will be the same for the 27’s. Yes they will have kids recruited like all area teams but not like teams of the past. Lacrosse is growing and it’s no longer just a couple of big name clubs like years ago. That’s the only point. Let’s move on. Friday’s game so be a great one. I’m lending towards SPSG in a close one.

SP with the better D , goalie and ball movement. More weapons too although MCD has 3 studs! Spsg by 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, everyone meet "that guy" on the sidelines who lives and dies with 8th grade girls lax.

Dude - it is a long road, just enjoy the ride and support your daughter but its probably all about you anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SP with the better D , goalie and ball movement. More weapons too although MCD has 3 studs! Spsg by 4

seems like both defenses are peaking at the right time. It will come down to SPSGs defense on McD’s 4 great middies…and keeping them off the 8m. McD will have to win most of the draws and exploit the early slides to win.

more relevant to this thread, for next year: is SPSG the only school in the IAAM A conference that didn’t give much playing time to any of their 9th graders? That can’t be good for next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picks for the weekend.

MDU always keeps games close. 6 is way too much. But M&D will win

BLC will keep it closer than 5 goals. If BLC can win 50% of the draws, it will be a 1 or 2 goal game. If not, I could see a 8-5 game

In the final, I think Hero's pulls it out. I agree that Hero's is very reliant on their middies. And M&D is more evenly spread out in scoring. But M&D defenders are turnover machines. They struggle to clear the ball. They will hand Hero's 2 or 3 goals. That will be the difference. Hero's 8-6.

Hero's wins if they can force turnovers and get goals from girls other than their stars (25 and 8 I think)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seems like both defenses are peaking at the right time. It will come down to SPSGs defense on McD’s 4 great middies…and keeping them off the 8m. McD will have to win most of the draws and exploit the early slides to win.

more relevant to this thread, for next year: is SPSG the only school in the IAAM A conference that didn’t give much playing time to any of their 9th graders? That can’t be good for next year.

That is an interesting question. I heard McD just recently made Freshman PT adjustments because the game-ready pipeline was thinning. My take was their coach wanted to "win now" maybe thinking McD was an interim stop. I'd guess StP is also still in "win-now mode" I'm not sure how their recruiting looks for next year. I'll take McD by 3. They played tough in the last match.

RPCS is losing a couple of strong 27s to McD. BM and NDP will have strong freshman next year, too. Mvlle will also have a very strong freshman class. Good lax to follow for years to come; hopefully our kids continue to be part of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long is NDP gonna keep the status quo?
New year, same underwhelming result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^ RPCS is an average class with the better current players going to McD. McD has a nice 27 class as does Maryvale. NDP has a strong class coming in with one current player going to StP. StP gets the one strong NDP girl and a couple of others that are okay. BM looks to have a nice class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the BM girls from (club) or are they spread out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is an interesting question. I heard McD just recently made Freshman PT adjustments because the game-ready pipeline was thinning. My take was their coach wanted to "win now" maybe thinking McD was an interim stop. I'd guess StP is also still in "win-now mode" I'm not sure how their recruiting looks for next year. I'll take McD by 3. They played tough in the last match.

RPCS is losing a couple of strong 27s to McD. BM and NDP will have strong freshman next year, too. Mvlle will also have a very strong freshman class. Good lax to follow for years to come; hopefully our kids continue to be part of it.

Those girls were never staying at RPCS. It was just a matter of where they went.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were never staying at RPCS. It was just a matter of where they went.

Is RPCS any good? Why are girls leaving right before HS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think i would look at McDonogh if I wanted to win next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think i would look at McDonogh if I wanted to win next year.

Screw our deposit at Gerstell, I’m calling TC today! My daughter will still get a medal on JV right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then don’t speak in grand generalizations. You said the best players are there. That’s not true. Try to keep up with reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is RPCS any good? Why are girls leaving right before HS?

Page 87 of 112 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard