BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is mad cause lil Johnny didn’t get the invite and is being left behind and will have to play for the blue claws next year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Undefeated at NAL = “on the decline”

Desperate leaps of logic. You must be really praying hard that your 2031 crab boys don’t try out for Wolfpack with those KP and LTLC boys. Your only hope is that enough parents like the prestige of their $2000 car magnet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Undefeated at NAL = “on the decline”

Desperate leaps of logic. You must be really praying hard that your 2031 crab boys don’t try out for Wolfpack with those KP and LTLC boys. Your only hope is that enough parents like the prestige of their $2000 car magnet.
I was personally thinking more about the fact that the team had 3 wins during the HoCo season. But now that I know that the Wolfpack beat the Hawks and MadLax at NAL on its undefeated march to the tourney championship, I take it back. That one weekend wipes away the months of the hoco season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok you got me. I took the bait and that’s on me. All I can say if you think your kid is good enough to make the team, he’ll make the team. Don’t bring your hurt feelings here; tell him to hit the wall. Don’t try to scare off other kids because you’re scared of your son having competition.

Pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck does that have to do with kids leaving WP for crabs?!?! Who is trying to scare anyone! We welcome those 8 kids, they will make us elite!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is leaving WP green for crabs. You need better intel. Maybe the WP white team kids will go to crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like overall there is going to be a lot of shuffling at this age group.....

Kelly Post 2031 AAA coach leaving for Predators and team folding
LTLC 2031 AAA several kids leaving
Zingos 2031 Elite coach leaving for FCA
Sidewinders bought out....team folding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meeting last night w DK, GM and KS with JW Crabs. It’s a done deal. WP play in tourney this wkend announcement will be made after this wkend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like overall there is going to be a lot of shuffling at this age group.....

Kelly Post 2031 AAA coach leaving for Predators and team folding
LTLC 2031 AAA several kids leaving
Zingos 2031 Elite coach leaving for FCA
Sidewinders bought out....team folding

Sidewinders wasn't bought out. You can't buy a non-profit organization. Just a rebranding. They are hiring an outside org (Kyle Harrison's group) to help manage the club. The club is still a non profit and under the umbrella of the Crofton Athletic Council.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack Tryouts July 10 and July 26th

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry buddy but your son will have to join their “b” team or will be wearing different colors next year. It’s reality, doesn’t matter how good the team is they cant field an elite team. After their studs they struggle. Sorry TS, Twins, HM, CP and their goalie is all they have and when those boys arnt on the field it shows. That’s why Hawks and ML have created a clear gap.

The current HC of the crabs is a great coach but his son struggles at the elite level hence the need for the FH coaching staff. The writing is on the wall, it makes the most sense for the boys and the coaches.

"Hawks and ML have created a clear gap"? NL is 3-1 against Hawks this year and boat raced them for 2 of those wins (including the most recent one at Lax Splash). ML has created a clear gap at the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clearing that up NL dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clearing that up NL dad
When NL dads aren’t helicoptering on the sidelines, switching sides every quarter, they can be found here defending their son’s team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure NL dads have a monopoly in that area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Wolfpack bury teams like Mesa and Express is awesome. Bunch of sour parents can’t handle the fact that their state all-star team can’t beat kids from a single town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your team will be irrelevant in a few yrs, the boys will move on to bigger/better programs…enjoy Wolfpack for now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Wolfpack bury teams like Mesa and Express is awesome. Bunch of sour parents can’t handle the fact that their state all-star team can’t beat kids from a single town.
Thanks, wolf pack mom. Really good squad but you have some holes and you’re going nowhere with those mismatched helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, wolf pack mom. Really good squad but you have some holes and you’re going nowhere with those mismatched helmets.
Say what you want. I love celebrating those kids, and there’s 3 or 4 kids on that team who will be names to remember for the next few years. I’d be scared if the top kids were looking to move too, cause they could take anyone’s spot. So easy to root for this program!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^yup. It’s a sign of changing times in lacrosse. No longer will your kid be special because of the prestige of the club team they play for. There’s so many kids out there ready to take your son’s spot at the next try out—and the scorelines from Wolfpack’s tournament W show it. Combined 15+ goal margin of victory against two teams of high prestige. Again, they’re from the same small town! Haha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will remember 4th grade laxers names this year or next or the following years…get a grip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Wolfpack dad I love how much my son’s team has apparently fried some of your brains. Not aware of any players thinking about leaving or why they’d even want to leave. Lots of playing time with only a handful of subs and lots of winning against teams with a false sense of entitlement. laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Wolfpack dad I love how much my son’s team has apparently fried some of your brains. Not aware of any players thinking about leaving or why they’d even want to leave. Lots of playing time with only a handful of subs and lots of winning against teams with a false sense of entitlement. laugh

WP is a good squad, which wasn’t reflected in the HOCO record this year. Lost a lot of really close games. They play a slow and deliberate game, however, and I think that is starting to catch up to them relative to the other ‘31 elite teams. But who knows, things change year to year and if they can keep the core pieces together, WP could definitely be competitive next year as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NAL tourney must have felt great. You won more games in 2 days that weekend than you did in 2 months of play in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t we all just get along? Our kids can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NAL tourney must have felt great. You won more games in 2 days that weekend than you did in 2 months of play in HOCO.
They’re 10 year old boys who aren’t really used to losing and it’s easy to get caught off guard by teams you’ve never lost to before. But as somebody else mentioned, the only teams to EVER beat them more than one time are ML and Hawks and that second loss to hawks was without a key middie.

Unless you’re a ML parent, you know there’s a good chance if you play the Wolfpack, you’re going to lose. That’s what feels great; I can handle a team that pulls from 20x the population base having our number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest joke here is how defensive some of you get. Would’ve never guessed people argue about 10 year olds like this. WP is absolutely legit, no matter how you spin it. So are other teams. They can all be good. Did you guys know college recruiting starts in 6 years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It starts small but living through your son is a disease…get help, a life or a hobby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO is adopting the new ages rules THIS FALL. How many teams will be impacted? :grabs popcorn:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It starts small but living through your son is a disease…get help, a life or a hobby.

Agree, to see Lax dads on here boasting about a 9/10 year old team and how great they are, just wow. Nobody is going to remember how many games you won or lost in 4th grade Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure the "boasting" is a direct response to the [Censored] talk about a team being "on the decline" and "players are leaving the team," presumably because they're unhappy. Nice try. And nicer $2000 team magnet on your car. I hope it eases the pain of your son not being good enough to make the team that costs a 1/3 of the team your son could make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking for a friend, which position is in need of players the most? Attack, Midfield, Defense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking for a friend, which position is in need of players the most? Attack, Midfield, Defense?
For WP? All of the above and include G. 16 players and no 2nd goalie isn’t enough especially with specialization and more use of players coming out of box. Talent always finds a way onto the field and nothing is ever given.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Wolfpack out of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Wolfpack out of?
Forest Hill MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.
No need to leave a community program until 7th-8th grade.
And save yourself $1500/year and play AA and AAA ball instead of elite.
Kids get to learn team-based lacrosse, and play against fewer holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.
Or better yet: save yourself $1500/year and play elite ball. With no holdbacks. Wolfpack 2031 maybe the only place in HOCO at any age level where this is possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.
Or better yet: save yourself $1500/year and play elite ball. With no holdbacks. Wolfpack 2031 maybe the only place in HOCO at any age level where this is possible.

*Yet still lose to ML

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, you nailed it - the other parents are “maroons” lol
This forum is gold

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are maroons.

*Yet still lose to ML

**and every other team in the league that isn’t Team 91 or Zingos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some advice from some people with older sons.

Looking to leave LTLC to tryout for Preds, True, FCA, or 91. Have enjoyed LTLC, but not a fan of what they seem to be doing with there older teams as they reach middle school. How can a viable club program that is competing against the 91's, FCA's, and Crabs at the younger levels just decide to bail on their 7th and 8th grade teams and merge with Crabs?

So my question for those with older kids....have you seen this happen before? And any advice people can share on Preds, True, FCA or 91 - 2031 teams?

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard