BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2030-5th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to YJ for an undefeated season. Think their defense is best on Long Island for this age group. Don’t see them slowing down. Also.. sheesh such a large team. may be movement going out over the summer. Think Top Guns and Jesters get better and everyone else stays the same. My final rankings on Long Island for this age group:

1. YJ Babst
2. Top Guns
3. Jesters
4. Legacy
Big drop

5. GC Tradition
6. Team 91
7. Igloo
7. YJ wilkom
8. YJ Mullen
9. Top Guns purple

Tradition and 91 not far behind those teams. Also not sure YJ defense is their strength- they don’t play a lot of D cuz midfield so strong.

Not sure this is accurate.

Top guns black crushed legacy blue this weekend.

Jesters lost to legacy multiple times, top gunsX and Babst.

Igloo tied tradition A, best 91, and lost to legacy blue by 1.

91 lost to tradition by multiple goals last weekend.

Would probably say best is easily Babst and Top Guns black followed by legacy, tradition, liberty, jesters, and igloo being fairly equal on any given day depending which fifth graders show up that day.

91, top guns purple, Mullen, Willcom, lax on, recon, elevate, shore to shore definitely all wayyyyy below the others.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to YJ for an undefeated season. Think their defense is best on Long Island for this age group. Don’t see them slowing down. Also.. sheesh such a large team. may be movement going out over the summer. Think Top Guns and Jesters get better and everyone else stays the same. My final rankings on Long Island for this age group:

1. YJ Babst
2. Top Guns
3. Jesters
4. Legacy
Big drop

5. GC Tradition
6. Team 91
7. Igloo
7. YJ wilkom
8. YJ Mullen
9. Top Guns purple

Tradition and 91 not far behind those teams. Also not sure YJ defense is their strength- they don’t play a lot of D cuz midfield so strong.

Would probably say best is easily Babst and Top Guns black followed by legacy, tradition, liberty, jesters, and igloo being fairly equal on any given day depending which fifth graders show up that day.

91, top guns purple, Mullen, Willcom, lax on, recon, elevate, shore to shore definitely all wayyyyy below the others.[/

I would say most of this reasonable. Only had Jesters and TG black since they tied this weekend and legacy blue lost bad 11-1 to TG this weekend. But don’t think your take is unreasonable other than would put Jesters over tradition since they beat them multiple times this year. liberty I have no idea… never see them at tournaments with the top LI teams.

Otherwise, I think TG and Jesters closes that gap this upcoming year given movement from the other teams listed after the big drop.

This is a strong age group (this was the year right before the blackout and we were 3-4 years removed from the financial crisis on the up and up) a lot of the 5th grade classes on the island are the largest ever in many districts.

Anyway, will be fun to watch this group over the next 5-6 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May be easier to break into the roster at 2 and 3 than it is on the 1 YJ babst roster. May have new top team next year smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to YJ for an undefeated season. Think their defense is best on Long Island for this age group. Don’t see them slowing down. Also.. sheesh such a large team. may be movement going out over the summer. Think Top Guns and Jesters get better and everyone else stays the same. My final rankings on Long Island for this age group:

1. YJ Babst
2. Top Guns
3. Jesters
4. Legacy
Big drop

5. GC Tradition
6. Team 91
7. Igloo
7. YJ wilkom
8. YJ Mullen
9. Top Guns purple

91, top guns purple, Mullen, Willcom, lax on, recon, elevate, shore to shore definitely all wayyyyy below the others.[/

I would say most of this reasonable. Only had Jesters and TG black since they tied this weekend and legacy blue lost bad 11-1 to TG this weekend. But don’t think your take is unreasonable other than would put Jesters over tradition since they beat them multiple times this year. liberty I have no idea… never see them at tournaments with the top LI teams.

Otherwise, I think TG and Jesters closes that gap this upcoming year given movement from the other teams listed after the big drop.

This is a strong age group (this was the year right before the blackout and we were 3-4 years removed from the financial crisis on the up and up) a lot of the 5th grade classes on the island are the largest ever in many districts.

Anyway, will be fun to watch this group over the next 5-6 years.

91 beat igloo 10-3 last time out, lost to jesters black 7-3 in a very close game and played horrific Vs tradition. Legacy had an equally bad game Vs Top Guns. Top guns lost handily to Babst just like everyone else. There are 5-6 decent teams who all can beat each other, Babst clearly at the top above them. Can’t interpret 10yo teams based on a game or 2. There is decent talent on all the teams but Babst clearly ahead of that group
No argument just opinion from knowing a bunch of the players that teams 2-7 very even

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like another angry YJ parent..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Babst is head and shoulders above the rest today - but agreed 2-7 is a toss up - 91 lost to igloo then beat them in Fall which was meaningless- Top Gun showed well - Legecy not a great summer lost to Top Gun 11-1 and beat Igloo 6-5 - Tradition beat 91 12-7 - going to be a fun few years remember it don’t matter where you start but where you finish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is going to be a lot of movement between teams after tryouts the next couple of weeks. It seems like a lot of people aren't happy where they are plus some new teams/programs coming online.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree on Jesters from what I have seen this past year. Lame coaches, in and out, lack of communication and transperency. Practices [Censored], my daughter comes home and tells me it was boring and she is. a sponge , worker and drill lover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are headed to Igloo 1st look curious to see turnout. Hearing good things but want to see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are headed to Igloo 1st look curious to see turnout. Hearing good things but want to see

You will get great training at both 91 and igloo- teams may not be there but they will be

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for acknowledging my long post, much appreciated . Just telling it like it is, FACTS thats all. Im not a yeller or dad that screams from the sidelines or bleachers, I keep to myself and just watch the boys and girls play. All we want to see im sure is fairness all around, solid coaching staff, kids getting coached up, along with kids also sent to the bench if they are hurting the team, selfish, hero ball, etc.... Basically we want to watch good lacrosse, team passing, sharing, extra pass , and leadership from coaches right? i do not like to get involved in any of this travel world, but after what my 27 son went thru at S2S , and how there was such lack of leadership from ADMIN to the coaches, it was a complete disaster, and when i called them out on it, amongst other Fathers on the team as well, they pulled the old defensive ploy, claiming they had no idea what was going on with the 2nd team , sound familiar here??? Thats not how you are supposed to run a program , and the old famous line we all here at these program introductions, 'We are not a money grab organization' I felt as a Dad and Coach myself, I knew what was going on and now seeing my daughter go thru some of her own travel lax politics and shadyness of this program now, i felt I needed to step in and help her stay the course while all this outside interference with her program was going on. Thanks for all the info on the other 30 travel teams, we also researched them if we need a plan B if she does not make the Black team this go around . I honestly dont know how she would not make it, so this should be real interesting at tryouts and how this plays out. Thanks for the positive vibes for my daughter moving forward people, nice gesture there.
Have a great weekend ALL. Good luck to all your daughters at there next tryouts. Im sure i will circle back in the coming weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for acknowledging my long post, much appreciated . Just telling it like it is, FACTS thats all. Im not a yeller or dad that screams from the sidelines or bleachers, I keep to myself and just watch the boys and girls play. All we want to see im sure is fairness all around, solid coaching staff, kids getting coached up, along with kids also sent to the bench if they are hurting the team, selfish, hero ball, etc.... Basically we want to watch good lacrosse, team passing, sharing, extra pass , and leadership from coaches right? i do not like to get involved in any of this travel world, but after what my 27 son went thru at S2S , and how there was such lack of leadership from ADMIN to the coaches, it was a complete disaster, and when i called them out on it, amongst other Fathers on the team as well, they pulled the old defensive ploy, claiming they had no idea what was going on with the 2nd team , sound familiar here??? Thats not how you are supposed to run a program , and the old famous line we all here at these program introductions, 'We are not a money grab organization' I felt as a Dad and Coach myself, I knew what was going on and now seeing my daughter go thru some of her own travel lax politics and shadyness of this program now, i felt I needed to step in and help her stay the course while all this outside interference with her program was going on. Thanks for all the info on the other 30 travel teams, we also researched them if we need a plan B if she does not make the Black team this go around . I honestly dont know how she would not make it, so this should be real interesting at tryouts and how this plays out. Thanks for the positive vibes for my daughter moving forward people, nice gesture there.
Have a great weekend ALL. Good luck to all your daughters at there next tryouts. Im sure i will circle back in the coming weeks.

I’m confused why you would stay for any team after your experience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Older parent here. As was told to me, and I will tell you, every team has different pros and cons. Thr grass is not always greener…and I’m not saying you should stay if you’re u happy. But I will say, you may not be happy where you go either. My daughter has friends on their 4/5/6th club team looking for thr perfect team. It doesn’t exist. The coaches you love leave, girls quit. Yes, even at recruitment time girls leave a club or quit outright. Even YJ A teams lol. Yep, they do. They are all political. They are all endless [Censored] of $. Go where you can tolerate it the most. Know at this age things will change a lot. This is not your forever team. Ask girls that are in college, 202-2026 how many they’ve played on. Many. Don’t think because you’re on an A team today “you’re good.” Girls get cut and others get moved up. It changes fast sometimes by your doing when you’re fed up enough. Others because they found girls better and you’re dropped to B or C lol. It is brutal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Older parent here. As was told to me, and I will tell you, every team has different pros and cons. Thr grass is not always greener…and I’m not saying you should stay if you’re u happy. But I will say, you may not be happy where you go either. My daughter has friends on their 4/5/6th club team looking for thr perfect team. It doesn’t exist. The coaches you love leave, girls quit. Yes, even at recruitment time girls leave a club or quit outright. Even YJ A teams lol. Yep, they do. They are all political. They are all endless [Censored] of $. Go where you can tolerate it the most. Know at this age things will change a lot. This is not your forever team. Ask girls that are in college, 202-2026 how many they’ve played on. Many. Don’t think because you’re on an A team today “you’re good.” Girls get cut and others get moved up. It changes fast sometimes by your doing when you’re fed up enough. Others because they found girls better and you’re dropped to B or C lol. It is brutal.

Well said.

my daughter is a 2023, played for only 2 programs and move to the 2nd program occurred summer of 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any big moves at tryouts??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Jesters, went to tryouts this week. Received invite for Jesters Blue. Is that the B team? I think they just have Black and Pink this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue is B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue is B

Black - A
Blue- B
Pink- C
White- D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue is B

Black - A
Blue- B
Pink- C
White- D

4 teams?!? That's insanity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely, people are fool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an update on Liberty lax for this age group? Trying out but my only concern is players leaving. met a couple liberty parents at TG, and YJ tryouts. I assume some liberty lax girls went to tryouts at jesters as well. The age group above this 2029 didn’t seem to play too many games based on US Club max rankings…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an update on Liberty lax for this age group? Trying out but my only concern is players leaving. met a couple liberty parents at TG, and YJ tryouts. I assume some liberty lax girls went to tryouts at jesters as well. The age group above this 2029 didn’t seem to play too many games based on US Club max rankings…

Liberty 2028 Black played a very competitive schedule and is a great team. Liberty 2028 Red is a decent B team considering a small program. I am merely providing the information as you seem to be trying to use older teams to predict what would happen to 2030....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams get much better??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Observations from tryouts.

Tried out for:

YJ Suffolk
Top Guns
Liberty
Jesters

——-

YJ Suffolk- 1 day 2 hours about 90+ girls…strange setup where the A team wore blue pinnies, B team wore yello pinnies, new girls wore red pinnies. Seemed like only B team could only scrimmage and do drills with the A team. new girls were generally nudged to play with the B team and weren’t necessarily permitted to play the A team. No to much defense was played. All shots on top of the crease on top of the goalies. Not sure what they did for the goalies to tryout. Making 3 teams this year. Tryouts finished early with about 30 min left

Top Guns- 1 day 2 hours about 80-90 girls pretty transparent tryout. Speed test/ race. About 5 Small sided games. After each small sided game, girls were filtered to other fields. by the end 1 field pretty much had the A team. really had to be special player to shake and bake as defense was pretty good.

Jesters- 2 days 2 hours each day about 70-80 girls…drills and small sided games. Same type of filtering where 1 field ended up with the A team players Good defenses. Players were pulled to the A team field. Felt Massapequa players favored…it is what it is…. All works out at the end.

Liberty 2 days 90 min each day..about 60-70 girls…drills small sided games. Girls filtered to A team field… too hot for tryouts back to car with AC

-Most tryouts seems pretty fair except YJ
-heard of a lot of politics involved for certain teams. Girls still on A team based on 3rd grade performance… basically legacy admission to A team bc older sister played or something similar.
- legacy admission bc favoritism towards hometown of club I.e. Massapequa
- Top guns seems to be the only one with a goalie program. Really took time with the goalies
- YJ- everyone at tryouts including the new girls could make top guns, jesters, liberty A team. Did not see a ball dropped or a passed missed.
- lax on Long Island continues to be strong. 70-90 girls at each tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ WILL BE TOPS AGAIN BASED ON SUCCESS
TOP GUNS ALWAYS GOOD
LIBERTY IS A SINKING SHIP
IGLOO NEW KIDS ON BLOCK BUT DOING IT RIGHT
JESTERS IS A MONEY GRAB UNLESS TOP
TEAM
LEGECY ALWAYS SOLID
S2S TRAIN weak
LAX ON ?
91 ANOTHER DUD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wanted to share supplemental tryout info with families still looking for a home as 2030 is one of the bigger age groups on Long Island (5th going to 6th)

Jesters: August 9th
Shore to Shore: August 16

Feel free to add

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on S2S & Liberty Red?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to lacrosse - is shore 2 shore an A or B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on S2S & Liberty Red?

Thoughts: run away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To both of them? For a beginner player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In thr same boy with a child who is just starting. It doesn’t matter at this age….they will learn and catch up to thr kids who’ve been playing for years in a year give or take. Just go to all the town/PAL clinics yiu can to get her to improve. As she gets better try out for a better team. Did this with my older daughter. At this age they gain so much so fast. You don’t need to be on the best team at this point. Trust me….have your daughter practice in the backyard, enjoy it, learn and then worry about travel teams etc and what rank they are. At this point do it based off price, location, practice schedule etc. fool times are coming don’t rush it 😀

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wanted to share supplemental tryout info with families still looking for a home as 2030 is one of the bigger age groups on Long Island (5th going to 6th)

Feel free to add

Liberty Supplemental August 9th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone attending supplementals? Which ones should we go to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feel free to add

Liberty Supplemental August 9th

Legacy supplemental August 10th 9am EI marina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
27 kids on YJA team at this age....that's insanity.

How can they do that? Absurd. No way you can get PT for those kids and the gap in abilities will make practices tough.

they can do that because $$ and some parents are dense enough to pay

especially considering only 13-15 kids will play in a majority of their game.s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can they do that? Absurd. No way you can get PT for those kids and the gap in abilities will make practices tough.

Corrected this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrected this year

Does not look like anything was corrected YJA carrying a hefty 25 players. think something happened. Saw the coaches for the 3rd team listed on the site, kids friend received an offer from the 3rd team but still only 2 Suffolk teams. not sure if there were enough players that accepted for the 3rd Suffolk team. YJB Suffolk gonna be good. Good luck to the teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrected this year

Does not look like anything was corrected YJA carrying a hefty 25 players. think something happened. Saw the coaches for the 3rd team listed on the site, kids friend received an offer from the 3rd team but still only 2 Suffolk teams. not sure if there were enough players that accepted for the 3rd Suffolk team. YJB Suffolk gonna be good. Good luck to the teams

24-25 pretty standard for top teams. Not idea but that’s the number. It’s better than 27

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrected this year

24-25 pretty standard for top teams. Not idea but that’s the number. It’s better than 27

100% false, not the standard. 21 more like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters Black vs TG Black

If you had to choose for next year and beyond (ie recruiting years)

If your daughter can handle the coaching style, TG by far.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard