BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go look at the names of the rosters at BIC and you will see for yourself.

I haven’t seen a roster for BIC. Where can you see this other than just the names they drop on Instagram?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the these events are unfortunately diluted at this point. When my older daughter played, the top events were Max Exposure (best camp & competition) UA Underclass tourney, and UA 150 had a huge coach attendance. Now you have multiple "elite" events competing on the same dates and even more regions with multiple teams at AS and 3 levels now at AA event. College coaches also want to host their own camps which they have to fit in around tourneys as well and cannot be at everything. All of these events will be attended by coaches, but not in the numbers they used to because it is divide and conquer. There is no longer that singular elite event anymore, but I guess the positive is that is due to the growth of lacrosse. Just have your daughter do what feels right for her and play her best!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All of the these events are unfortunately diluted at this point. When my older daughter played, the top events were Max Exposure (best camp & competition) UA Underclass tourney, and UA 150 had a huge coach attendance. Now you have multiple "elite" events competing on the same dates and even more regions with multiple teams at AS and 3 levels now at AA event. College coaches also want to host their own camps which they have to fit in around tourneys as well and cannot be at everything. All of these events will be attended by coaches, but not in the numbers they used to because it is divide and conquer. There is no longer that singular elite event anymore, but I guess the positive is that is due to the growth of lacrosse. Just have your daughter do what feels right for her and play her best!

Perfect post. 👏👏👏

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is probably stuff you shouldn’t advertise and brag about as it’s against the rules, even though it happens a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters from AS are trickling out. Some interesting cuts but most affiliated teams taking 75% of their team which kinda makes sense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfect post. 👏👏👏
All LI games is the only thing that needs to be done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfect post. 👏👏👏
All LI games is the only thing that needs to be done

All LI Games??? Why??? What coaches are scheduled to be there? Head coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a middie on top 5 - 10 club team who will be at all major tourneys against top ranked clubs. She is doing Juniors, AS and hitting three colleges in her top 10. Is this enough for the summer before her recruiting? She doesn’t get a lot of support from her club coach or director. They never answer emails. Do I need to do more showcases or try to do the USA tournaments? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If she is at LFTC and mid summer championship. She is fine. Scrap AS. And ger her to UA. Not even a questions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If she is at LFTC and mid summer championship. She is fine. Scrap AS. And ger her to UA. Not even a questions.

Agree. Assuming she plays on a top club team which is in top 2 or 3 brackets in each of those tourneys. If you are playing in bottom brackets, especially at LFTC, you won't get much D1 exposure.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Assuming she plays on a top club team which is in top 2 or 3 brackets in each of those tourneys. If you are playing in bottom brackets, especially at LFTC, you won't get much D1 exposure.

Always in the top 2 brackets. I was thinking her top 3 choices go hit those college id’s. And then Juniors and AS. No choice between AA and AS. That’s where the team goes. Figured that would be enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are fine with AS. My daughter did AS her recruiting year and that was where there was some of the most D1 coaches at ! Had lots of interest/activity on SR page from that. My understanding is, they split their time between AS and UA. They were def. At AS and I personally saw most all the top schools represented there. Don’t question that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always in the top 2 brackets. I was thinking her top 3 choices go hit those college id’s. And then Juniors and AS. No choice between AA and AS. That’s where the team goes. Figured that would be enough.

AS should be fine (compared to UA/AA). There were a ton of coaches at AS last summer and I'd expect the same this year. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a middie on top 5 - 10 club team who will be at all major tourneys against top ranked clubs. She is doing Juniors, AS and hitting three colleges in her top 10. Is this enough for the summer before her recruiting? She doesn’t get a lot of support from her club coach or director. They never answer emails. Do I need to do more showcases or try to do the USA tournaments? Thanks.

Serious question. What top 10 club team doesn't have recruiting support?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question. What top 10 club team doesn't have recruiting support?

One where the coach or recruiting director never answers emails or texts. I know kids on the 100th ranked team that don’t have that problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick with the school ones. My daughter signed up for the Maryland Showcase which is owned by the Hood College coach. Been emailing the coach for two months telling her my daughter can’t make it because she is now in my cousin’s wedding party. Keep in mind, they’re sold out and have waiting lists. Finally got back to me which is understandable. She gave me the “sorry been busy coaching my team. There’s no refunds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick with the school ones. My daughter signed up for the Maryland Showcase which is owned by the Hood College coach. Been emailing the coach for two months telling her my daughter can’t make it because she is now in my cousin’s wedding party. Keep in mind, they’re sold out and have waiting lists. Finally got back to me which is understandable. She gave me the “sorry been busy coaching my team. There’s no refunds.

Left out, they’re all moneygrabs. The Maryland Showcase seems to be the worst.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Left out, they’re all moneygrabs. The Maryland Showcase seems to be the worst.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please…do not waste your on Maryland Showcase. It was absolutely terrible. Terrible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha. I asked for the money back too. She said nope. Has to be the only one that does that. They still didn’t release any colleges. Want to kill my daughter. I think I rather not have her show up and eat the 400$. Rather than pay another 350 in hotels for her to go there

Btw. BOTC needs to use a better CAPTCHA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are signed up for the Maryland Showcase too. What is so bad about it other than the obvious price lol? I swear we need to create a review forum for these showcases so us newbies can look and not waste our $. Ugh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are signed up for the Maryland Showcase too. What is so bad about it other than the obvious price lol? I swear we need to create a review forum for these showcases so us newbies can look and not waste our $. Ugh!

1. They don’t tell you what colleges are going. before you register she’ll tell you 100 colleges responded yes. After you register you can ask her who, and she doesn’t tell you. “Wait till we get closer.”

2. They don’t give refunds. So in my daughters instance, she can’t attend. Therefore we wasted 400$. You would think Barber would want kids there, but apparently all she cares about is money. Otherwise she would refund some portion of my daughters money and open a sport for a kid on the waiting list. Instead, my kid doesn’t go and some kid looking to go doesn’t get to go either. Probably the only showcase/camp with that kind of policy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. They don’t tell you what colleges are going. before you register she’ll tell you 100 colleges responded yes. After you register you can ask her who, and she doesn’t tell you. “Wait till we get closer.”

2. They don’t give refunds. So in my daughters instance, she can’t attend. Therefore we wasted 400$. You would think Barber would want kids there, but apparently all she cares about is money. Otherwise she would refund some portion of my daughters money and open a sport for a kid on the waiting list. Instead, my kid doesn’t go and some kid looking to go doesn’t get to go either. Probably the only showcase/camp with that kind of policy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke to a few people who have gone. They said you get a d3 coach to coach your team. You play against other teams and coaches aren’t really engaged in watching. It’s a big hang out for them. Coaches stay off the side together not watching and socialize. Also mostly D3 teams are there which is not how they advertise. My daughter is looking to go to D 1 teams. Doesn’t really help us. Asked for my money back in February. She never responded. Good for the kids looking to go D3, just not what we were looking at. Feel it’s gonna be a waste of 1000$ and two days we could’ve went somewhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes so we are looking at D1 schools also and assumed it would be be mostly that not D3. I am gonna be so annoyed if that happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke to a few people who have gone. They said you get a d3 coach to coach your team. You play against other teams and coaches aren’t really engaged in watching. It’s a big hang out for them. Coaches stay off the side together not watching and socialize. Also mostly D3 teams are there which is not how they advertise. My daughter is looking to go to D 1 teams. Doesn’t really help us. Asked for my money back in February. She never responded. Good for the kids looking to go D3, just not what we were looking at. Feel it’s gonna be a waste of 1000$ and two days we could’ve went somewhere else.

Before signing up for anything, try asking people who have been through the process before. You Could try asking on a site like this.

My daughter is past the recruiting age process now and we wasted countless $$s on many “money grab” showcases!! Enough probably to pay a years tuition of college! frown Spend your money on good training and limit the “showcases”. The Most important part is your club Fall/Summer tournaments and the extras like UA/AS if selected.

You can target extra stuff where the actual college coaches Your daughter is interested in getting in front of is at. (I.e. Lacrosse Masters for high academic schools) Save the $s from showcases and use it to attend the individual college camps of your daughters interest. Make sure to have a good recruiting profile set up somewhere like Sports recruits and self market to get daughters info. And game schedule In front of coaches before the tournaments. Good Luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about this Maryland showcase in July? My daughter keeps getting an invite but when you go to the website it doesn’t say coaches in attendance. It only says which coaches have attended in the past. I’ve reached out to the showcase director and asked multiple times but the Hood College coach never returns any emails. I’m assuming money grab.

There are much better options out for non-invite showcase. Elite 12 and Southern Showcase to name a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before covid it was called Maximum Exposure. That was run by Coach Reese and the Loyola coach. That was the best showcase going. Every college coach was there and it sold out fast. Since then, this maryland showcase is like the evil twin. Disguising itself as the same tournament. But not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes so we are looking at D1 schools also and assumed it would be be mostly that not D3. I am gonna be so annoyed if that happens.

Never seen anything like it before but she is a D3 coach so she can get away with it I guess. Every single showcase or college ID give refunds. Some keep a portion. She just don’t give anything. Even if you kid is injured, no refund. She can go play next year. Which you won’t because she’s already gonna be committed most likely. Barber could care less about kids. It’s a business for her. Hopefully enough people [Censored] the showcase and they’ll change their policy for future years. But if it keeps selling out, they won’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before covid it was called Maximum Exposure. That was run by Coach Reese and the Loyola coach. That was the best showcase going. Every college coach was there and it sold out fast. Since then, this maryland showcase is like the evil twin. Disguising itself as the same tournament. But not

Right down to the color scheme. They are the worst. Apex is even better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought I was being smart because we don’t have a lot of time to hit up individual schools we would do this showcases and get exposure to lots of coaches. My daughter still can’t pinpoint where she wants to go so we can’t visit specific schools and do camps yet. I just don’t have the time. I guess lesson learned. After this summer I am done with showcases. This entire process is such a business I almost feel like she shouldn’t play in college frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought I was being smart because we don’t have a lot of time to hit up individual schools we would do this showcases and get exposure to lots of coaches. My daughter still can’t pinpoint where she wants to go so we can’t visit specific schools and do camps yet. I just don’t have the time. I guess lesson learned. After this summer I am done with showcases. This entire process is such a business I almost feel like she shouldn’t play in college frown

Don’t get discouraged. You DO NOT need to do those extra showcases to get recruited to play college lacrosse. We have lots of friends who just did their team tournaments and the school camps after they received interest from the schools. Many of them are recruited now to play D1 lacrosse. smile

There are 127 D1 schools that offer women’s lacrosse, And, over 500 total colleges with women’s lacrosse programs! If your daughter wants to play in college, stay positive and she probably can. You do not need the showcases! You do need to set up a good sports recruit profile and be diligent about self marketing all her highlights and accomplishments! Good Luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This one may be the biggest joke of all of them. I just got an email saying you have to buy the shorts. It’s mandatory. The fact that there were 200 buffoons like myself to give this coach 400$ is fool. I should start a lax showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes plus the $12 shipping and tax. We’ve never paid for pinny’s let alone shorts. What a waste of $$$ and time. I too am a buffoon 🤣🤣🤣

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes plus the $12 shipping and tax. We’ve never paid for pinny’s let alone shorts. What a waste of $$$ and time. I too am a buffoon 🤣🤣🤣

Hood College coach. I don’t blame her. Why can she possible make there. She’s probably pulling in 400k this weekend. Obviously that’s gross. Surprised she doesn’t charge the kids a 2$ ball fee for using their balls. Looks like this is why there’s so many showcases. Prints money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There are rumors that the Balto UA 25 coach is already reaching out to girls essentially offering them spots well before tryouts. Could just be rumors who knows. But UA is super political. And I’m not disgruntled- my daughter didn’t tryout last year and won’t be in town this year so I have no dog in this fight. But having witnessed this process for more than 6 years it’s ALWAYS politics. That’s not to say many girls who make it don’t deserve it - but there’s also ones who don’t. At least with Am Select club/HS ciaches can’t influence who is picked

Does anyone remember the UA Senior Game last year? The South team was awful and was full of handpicked big program kids. Ty had no effect on the Norths stellar offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There are rumors that the Balto UA 25 coach is already reaching out to girls essentially offering them spots well before tryouts. Could just be rumors who knows. But UA is super political. And I’m not disgruntled- my daughter didn’t tryout last year and won’t be in town this year so I have no dog in this fight. But having witnessed this process for more than 6 years it’s ALWAYS politics. That’s not to say many girls who make it don’t deserve it - but there’s also ones who don’t. At least with Am Select club/HS ciaches can’t influence who is picked

Does anyone remember the UA Senior Game last year? The South team was awful and was full of handpicked big program kids. Ty had no effect on the Norths stellar offense.

Selection for Senior game is completely different than UA. As for AS not having influence, take a look at how many of the kids are from the same clubs where the coaches happen to also coach. Everyone always complains about politics in UA and maybe that is an effect of 1-2 kids but these coaches want to put the best team on the field. It’s ok if these kids make it and ok if they don’t. Unless they are winning mvp of the tourney it really doesn’t impact college selections drastically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Selection for Senior game is completely different than UA. As for AS not having influence, take a look at how many of the kids are from the same clubs where the coaches happen to also coach. Everyone always complains about politics in UA and maybe that is an effect of 1-2 kids but these coaches want to put the best team on the field. It’s ok if these kids make it and ok if they don’t. Unless they are winning mvp of the tourney it really doesn’t impact college selections drastically.

They totally have influence in both. AA is less political now but that is only because most of the top teams with the exception of Spallina are selecting at AS. But even this year, Spallina lost a couple of his kids to AS. And if there wasn't an AS tournament the same day as AA, all those top players from AS would be politically selected to go to the AA. Club coaches are politically in everything they are involved in. That being said, I know the downstate coach cut both of her own goalies. I can only imagine what is being said over there. A devil's advocate argument you can make is if the 2nd team in the country is running a team at AS, wouldn't you expect 75% of all those Capital or M&D players to make the team even if it wasn't political. Usually a top team from a region is excellent top to bottom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They totally have influence in both. AA is less political now but that is only because most of the top teams with the exception of Spallina are selecting at AS. But even this year, Spallina lost a couple of his kids to AS. And if there wasn't an AS tournament the same day as AA, all those top players from AS would be politically selected to go to the AA. Club coaches are politically in everything they are involved in. That being said, I know the downstate coach cut both of her own goalies. I can only imagine what is being said over there. A devil's advocate argument you can make is if the 2nd team in the country is running a team at AS, wouldn't you expect 75% of all those Capital or M&D players to make the team even if it wasn't political. Usually a top team from a region is excellent top to bottom.

Long Island and Maryland teams will always be outstanding at both tourneys.

The challenge is in other regions without the depth of talents. Usually talent goes to one event or another. For instance, for DC, American Select usually has better team and in the South and Upstate the best girls usually go to AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I am understanding your comments, I disagree with your premise. In my opinion the top club teams and high school teams don’t have the best players at every position, What the great teams have are some amazing players at certain positions and very good players at the remaining positions. While other clubs and high schools that aren’t top programs can have amazing players as well but the roster gets thin quickly. To pick a team from one club or high school like I have seen in AS with 75%+ from one club is disregarding some amazing players from “other clubs” that go on to have a lot of success.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard