BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
2029 goalie
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,286
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
Michigan moved down three spots in the IWLCA poll.

While they moved up in the USA Lacrosse Magazine poll.

Which confirms how subjective polls can be.

Subjective and/or lazy. At the end of the day, polls/rankings don't matter, players to watch/players that impressed don't matter...only thing that matters is the final score.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clemson up 9-7 in the fourth. ND with the last five to win. So…..Clemson for real or ND not that good?
I was there. Clemson is good. They would have won if they had not got the 3 yellows in the 4th. They move the ball well and the goalie is very good. ND is ok, a .500 team at best in the ACC and a weak OOC schedule.

-- "I was there. Clemson is good. They would have won if they had not got the 3 yellows in the 4th."--

That statement reminds me of an old saying, something about the "if the Queen had you know what, she would be the King"....

So let me get this straight, you state that "Clemson is good" and then you state "ND is ok".... I assume that in your mind "ok" is better than "good"....
We are all very happy that you were there but your post is absurd.
Considering the talent ND has the game should not have been close. For a 1st year team Clemson is good. they were up 9-7 in the 4th before the 1st of the 3 yellow cards. All 3 cards were legit calls so Clemson has to work on those situations. Clemson will be a better team than ND in 2 years. ND is the jeckyll and hide of the ACC.

Clemson May be a new program but they had 19 junior/senior/graduate transfers. They are not a typical new team like USF will be next year. They probsbly belong to be ranked top 25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clemson up 9-7 in the fourth. ND with the last five to win. So…..Clemson for real or ND not that good?
I was there. Clemson is good. They would have won if they had not got the 3 yellows in the 4th. They move the ball well and the goalie is very good. ND is ok, a .500 team at best in the ACC and a weak OOC schedule.

-- "I was there. Clemson is good. They would have won if they had not got the 3 yellows in the 4th."--

That statement reminds me of an old saying, something about the "if the Queen had you know what, she would be the King"....

So let me get this straight, you state that "Clemson is good" and then you state "ND is ok".... I assume that in your mind "ok" is better than "good"....
We are all very happy that you were there but your post is absurd.
Considering the talent ND has the game should not have been close. For a 1st year team Clemson is good. they were up 9-7 in the 4th before the 1st of the 3 yellow cards. All 3 cards were legit calls so Clemson has to work on those situations. Clemson will be a better team than ND in 2 years. ND is the jeckyll and hide of the ACC.

Clemson May be a new program but they had 19 junior/senior/graduate transfers. They are not a typical new team like USF will be next year. They probsbly belong to be ranked top 25

On top of that - many transfers that played significant minutes at the D1 level and were all-conference selections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching a bunch of the games and have been watching some of the preseason AA mid field players. Seems strange to me that many are not what I think of as a midfielder ie they really dont play both sides of the ball. Seems to me they are actual attack players who coaches say are midfielders, is this done to help them get those post season awards ? I say this because alot of the post season awards are based on stats and its alot easier to compare stats with actual 2 way middies then the Scane ,Tyrels of the world. That said it seems unfair to the actual 2 way players who are often in a rotation etc .Curious what others think.

Unfortunately, goal scores get the attention of the majority of parents/fans primarily because the majority of people watching the game can not quantify anything else. Championships are built on "Team Defense" which the true two way midfielders are an extremely important part of. College coaches (especially at the best programs) put a premium on versatile athletes who do a lot of the work that goes unnoticed by the majority of fans/parents.

When it comes time for "awards" it's tough on all players except for the goal scorers simply because it's difficult to measure the impact that other players make on the success of a team. Think about offensive linemen in football, most of us can watch a game but we will not be able to tell just how much of an impact the linemen have (but we will all see the few plays throughout the game when the lineman gets beat or makes a mistake).

Not sure that coaches are trying to position attack players as "offensive midfielders" in order to set them up for post season recognition, I just think it is very difficult to quantify anything except goals / assists .

Just the nature of the beast, it's a Team Sport and all of the positions are important, a team will not win a championship without exceptional players across the board (and good coaching).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching a bunch of the games and have been watching some of the preseason AA mid field players. Seems strange to me that many are not what I think of as a midfielder ie they really dont play both sides of the ball. Seems to me they are actual attack players who coaches say are midfielders, is this , done to help them get those post season awards ? I say this because alot of the post season awards are based on stats and its alot easier to compare stats with actual 2 way middies then the Scane ,Tyrels of the world. That said it seems unfair to the actual 2 way players who are often in a rotation etc .Curious what others think.

Unfortunately, goal scores get the attention of the majority of parents/fans primarily because the majority of people watching the game can not quantify anything else. Championships are built on "Team Defense" which the true two way midfielders are an extremely important part of. College coaches (especially at the best programs) put a premium on versatile athletes who do a lot of the work that goes unnoticed by the majority of fans/parents.

When it comes time for "awards" it's tough on all players except for the goal scorers simply because it's difficult to measure the impact that other players make on the success of a team. Think about offensive linemen in football, most of us can watch a game but we will not be able to tell just how much of an impact the linemen have (but we will all see the few plays throughout the game when the lineman gets beat or makes a mistake).

Not sure that coaches are trying to position attack players as "offensive midfielders" in order to set them up for post season recognition, I just think it is very difficult to quantify anything except goals / assists .

Just the nature of the beast, it's a Team Sport and all of the positions are important, a team will not win a championship without exceptional players across the board (and good coaching).

While I agree it seems to me that when the post season awards come around actual midfielders should get the recognition . Seems like actual defenders get the defensive awards, actual attack players get the attack awards but many of the midfield awards go to attack players. Is what it is but its not that difficult for them to figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching a bunch of the games and have been watching some of the preseason AA mid field players. Seems strange to me that many are not what I think of as a midfielder ie they really dont play both sides of the ball. Seems to me they are actual attack players who coaches say are midfielders, is this , done to help them get those post season awards ? I say this because alot of the post season awards are based on stats and its alot easier to compare stats with actual 2 way middies then the Scane ,Tyrels of the world. That said it seems unfair to the actual 2 way players who are often in a rotation etc .Curious what others think.

While I agree it seems to me that when the post season awards come around actual midfielders should get the recognition . Seems like actual defenders get the defensive awards, actual attack players get the attack awards but many of the midfield awards go to attack players. Is what it is but its not that difficult for them to figure it out.

This is where the fantasy point system gives perspective in how a player should be assessed to even out the playing field: Draw Controls, CTO, GB etc need to be considered for the overall player's effectiveness.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – February 27

With NESCAC still awaiting play, No. 1 Middlebury and No. 2 Tufts both stayed put in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll.

Washington and Lee jumped four spots into the fourth-ranked slot after topping Salisbury 6-5 this Saturday, marking the third win of the year for the Generals, going 3-0 through the opening month of the season.

TCNJ stayed put in the third-ranked slot while Salisbury dropped a spot into the fifth position.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Middlebury (0 - 0) 877 (31) 1
2 Tufts (0 - 0) 828 (3) 2
3 TCNJ (0 - 0) 805 3
4 Washington and Lee (3 - 0) 788 (1) 8
5 Salisbury (2 - 1) 739 (1) 4
6 Colby (0 - 0) 672 7
7 Gettysburg (2 - 1) 660 5
8 Franklin & Marshall (0 - 1) 651 6
9 William Smith (1 - 0) 624 9
10 Ithaca (1 - 0) 567 10
11 Wesleyan (0 - 0) 487 11
12 York (0 - 0) 452 12
13 Messiah (2 - 0) 433 16
14 Cortland (0 - 0) 397 13
15 St. Lawrence (0 - 0) 366 14
16 Bowdoin (0 - 0) 343 15
17 Chicago (1 - 0) 308 17
18 Catholic (0 - 2) 262 18
19 Hamilton (0 - 0) 228 20
20 Roanoke (2 - 0) 182 25
21 Trinity (0 - 0) 168 21
22 Pomona-Pitzer (3 - 0) 157 22
23 Geneseo (0 - 0) 109 23
24 Denison (0 - 3) 89 19
25 Haverford (1 - 1) 85 24
RV Christopher Newport, St. John Fisher, Colorado College, Berry, Roger Williams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is about as wrong as can be. Of the 21 women's Tewaaraton awards given in the history of the game, 12 to midfield, 7 to attack, 1 to goalie and 1 to defender.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Libby May – University of Maryland

May led No. 6 Terps to a pair of road wins over Drexel and No. 7 Florida, totaling 12 goals on the week - six in each game - to lead the offense. Her 12 goals on 21 shots registered her a .571 shooting percentage and led all Big Ten players in goals for the week. She is currently ranked fourth in goals and fifth in points within the conference. With the 2-0 week, Maryland has moved into the fifth spot in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll.

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Sydney Pappas – Villanova University

Pappas led the 4-0 Wildcat offense to a 16-7 win over La Salle and an 11-10 overtime win against Navy. She registered six goals in the La Salle matchup and followed up with a five-goal performance in the overtime thriller. Pappas 11 goals came on 16 shots (.6875 shot percentage), while also notching an assist in both matchups as well. She is currently ranked eighth nationally in goals per game with a 4.5 mark.

Defensive Player of the Week

Amelia Hughes – Princeton University

Hughes picked up her first collegiate victory with a 19-save performance in the No. 17 Tigers' 17-9 win at Temple. She made 13 saves in the second half and was a perfect 7-for-7 on free position attempts from the Owls. Hughes currently ranks No. 1 in the country in saves-per-game (15.0).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week

Giana Murphy – Florida Southern College

Murphy, a sophomore attacker, posted a career-high five goals in the No. 4 Moccasins' 15-10 win over No. 2 Adelphi. She also added two assists, one caused turnover and one draw control to her career-high marks. The Mocs 3-0 start has moved them into the No. 3 position in the latest ILWomen / IWLCA Division II Poll.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Ashley Shen – University of Montevallo

Shen set a single-game program record with seven caused turnovers and eight ground balls in Montevallo’s 9-8 win over UVA Wise. Both tallies were career-highs for her as well.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Alex Walling – University of Tampa

The senior goalkeeper stood firm to lead No. 6 Tampa to an upset victory over No.2 Adelphi at home. She recorded 10 saves on 19 shots faced to assist the Spartans in the 14-9 win. At 4-0 for the year, Tampa has slid up to the No. 2 spot in the latest ILWomen / IWLCA Division II Poll.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Offensive Player of the Week

Grace Osborn – Capital University

Osborn led Capital to their second straight 10-plus goal win of the season. In the 23-13 victory at Centre, she scored 10 goals, marking the third time of her career that she has scored 10 or more goals in a single-game. In addition, she registered two caused turnovers, one ground ball and nine draw controls. Osborn remains the only player in Capital history to score double-digit goals in a single game, men or women. Her performance earned her the Ohio Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week this past week as well.

Defensive Player of the Week

Eugenie Rovegno – Washington and Lee University

Rovegno regsitered a career high nine draw controls at Christopher Newport, helping the No. 8 Generals take down CNU, 11-8. She then followed up with a game-best seven draws and forced three turnovers with three groundballs in the 6-5 win over No. 4 Salisbury. The Generals are 3-0 to start the season and made a big jump in the rankings to hold the fourth position in the latest ILWomen / IWLCA Division III Poll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Duke beating Liberty 18-4 today. Scoring the 18th goal with one second remaining on the clock was really classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is about as wrong as can be. Of the 21 women's Tewaaraton awards given in the history of the game, 12 to midfield, 7 to attack, 1 to goalie and 1 to defender.

First off Einstein , no middie has won that award in the last 5 years . Second no one was actually talking about the Tewaaraton . Third I believe coaches putting players as middies who are actually attackers I believe is a more recent phenomenon. So really you could not be more wrong .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland had 14 free positions and loses. 😬 JMU d is awesome. Durkin needs to start getting credit like players like Bosco get. And no she isn’t my daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie's level of play has elevated faster than any other position just because great athletes are jumping in the cage and winning games. A great day in the cage is the equalizer between teams. Once a goalie gets in the attackers' head, it can energize the girls in front of her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another lax season, another overrated MD women’s lax team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Couple of quick observations,
1. UNC top 10 yes top 5 no. Defense will be very solid again but the goalie is an unkown. They lost a ton of offense that cannot be replaced.
2. Syracuse is top 3, they return their best offensive players and add 2 more from the injury list, they will be better in goal this year as they cant be worse
3. JMU is better than 12 and will end up top 5 by the end of the season ( will still lose opener but I think end up better than UNC)
4. Stanford is not a top 10 , not sure why they keep trying to sneak the west coast teams up the list , lost their best offensive player and essentially beat no one last year how do they jump over Denver, UVA , Jacksonville and even Richmond , all teams who beat them last year.
5. The team everyone loves to detest Duke is better than their ranking and with the draw kid returning will be difficult to beat , sad that they still play a weak non conference schedule."

The above was the post that got the Stanford Dads all upset , seems like some pretty good preseason predictions other than maybe Duke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. UNC top 10 yes top 5 no. Defense will be very solid again but the goalie is an unkown. They lost a ton of offense that cannot be replaced.
2. Syracuse is top 3, they return their best offensive players and add 2 more from the injury list, they will be better in goal this year as they cant be worse
3. JMU is better than 12 and will end up top 5 by the end of the season ( will still lose opener but I think end up better than UNC)
4. Stanford is not a top 10 , not sure why they keep trying to sneak the west coast teams up the list , lost their best offensive player and essentially beat no one last year how do they jump over Denver, UVA , Jacksonville and even Richmond , all teams who beat them last year.
5. The team everyone loves to detest Duke is better than their ranking and with the draw kid returning will be difficult to beat , sad that they still play a weak non conference schedule."

The above was the post that got the Stanford Dads all upset , seems like some pretty good preseason predictions other than maybe Duke.

Let’s see what happens when they play StonyBrook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow BC in way over there head😮 what happened to the superstar “top ranked” player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If UNC is not Top 5 where does that put BC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow BC in way over there head😮 what happened to the superstar “top ranked” player

Charlotte North graduated at the pressure shifted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Duke does not beat a ranked team this year they should not even be considered for the NCAA tournament and no one should get any post season awards. Ridiculous their so called super stars pad their stats against overmatched teams or late in games during junk time when they are getting handled . Put their best offensive player on a team that plays a difficult non conference schedule and she gets no awards if she even sees the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are pathetic. I assume you detest BC/Belle because your daughter didn’t get in? She wasn’t good enough, come to terms with it, she did.
As for BC, the girls will be just fine; Walker will make the appropriate adjustments and be ready come Tourney time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If UNC is not Top 5 where does that put BC?

Lol, and Duke was beaten down badly by the first real team they played. And draws were terrible against good competition as well.
Some other weekend observations: Yale beating Princeton handily was nice to see. Stanford played a great game against StonyBrook, might have even won if SBs student didn’t take over the game. MD couldn’t beat JM was also surprising. Clemson is just average after a hot start against weak competition. Looks like it’s UNC far ahead followed by Cuse and Northwestern, then a bunch who are interchangeable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What difference will the Stony Brook vs Stanford game make? Both teams have been over hyped for years and neither team will be relevant when it matters (in the NCAA Tournament) so who cares what happens when they play in early March?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another lax season, another overrated MD women’s lax team.

Wow, possibly the most uniformed post ever on this site.

If Maryland has been an overrated team what toes that say about the rest of the DI field?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US lacrosse has to really think about having many re education classes. I know the Yale cross check incident is going to start to bring this situation to a much talked about topic

Being a referee isn’t easy and will never be perfect.

I think we all know there are judgement calls that are tough and happen quick. Let them be the exception.

-toeing the line in 8M and on the draw are easy stopped ball calls. If you can’t see a persons foot on the line you shouldn’t be reffing anyway. Call it and it will stop..it should be a point of emphasis

-on the draw opening your head, or pulling your shaft back off not vertical parallel from center linen or having foot on center line-again your 5 feet from the play you need to call it

-LASTLY-if the refs start call cradling in the sphere. YES this is rule. If you cradle 6 inches from your face and a player can check it legally it is an immediate call and turnover. Have you seen it once??? Watch games. It is done none stop…you would be amazed if called how many clean turnovers would happen by defenders, attackers and draw takers. How about free positions. They bring it right to their face. This is a rule.

These are little things that are easy calls that are missed all game. Oh forget Flopping or grabbing your head-review all of these to stop this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are pathetic. I assume you detest BC/Belle because your daughter didn’t get in? She wasn’t good enough, come to terms with it, she did.
As for BC, the girls will be just fine; Walker will make the appropriate adjustments and be ready come Tourney time.

Like getting dead wood off the field? Maybe BC didn’t realize they wouldn’t be good one their best by far player graduated. Coach Walkers face during that game was priceless! Botox needed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US lacrosse has to really think about having many re education classes. I know the Yale cross check incident is going to start to bring this situation to a much talked about topic

I think we all know there are judgement calls that are tough and happen quick. Let them be the exception.

-toeing the line in 8M and on the draw are easy stopped ball calls. If you can’t see a persons foot on the line you shouldn’t be reffing anyway. Call it and it will stop..it should be a point of emphasis

-on the draw opening your head, or pulling your shaft back off not vertical parallel from center linen or having foot on center line-again your 5 feet from the play you need to call it

-LASTLY-if the refs start call cradling in the sphere. YES this is rule. If you cradle 6 inches from your face and a player can check it legally it is an immediate call and turnover. Have you seen it once??? Watch games. It is done none stop…you would be amazed if called how many clean turnovers would happen by defenders, attackers and draw takers. How about free positions. They bring it right to their face. This is a rule.

These are little things that are easy calls that are missed all game. Oh forget Flopping or grabbing your head-review all of these to stop this.

So we all know that SB promotes thug ball, as do certain club teams. Now a girl has a critical injury due to an intention to harm. This is unacceptable. I don’t want to hear that it was an accident. When you cross check it is intentional. Girls do not wear protective gear, and women’s lacrosse is supposed to be non contact. This needs to end before something even worse happens. Come on refs, you need to enforce this type of play. Just horrible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Duke does not beat a ranked team this year they should not even be considered for the NCAA tournament and no one should get any post season awards. Ridiculous their so called super stars pad their stats against overmatched teams or late in games during junk time when they are getting handled . Put their best offensive player on a team that plays a difficult non conference schedule and she gets no awards if she even sees the field.

Thanks for the insightful post. J@#% A$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If Duke does not beat a ranked team this year they should not even be considered for the NCAA tournament and no one should get any post season awards. Ridiculous their so called super stars pad their stats against overmatched teams or late in games during junk time when they are getting handled . Put their best offensive player on a team that plays a difficult non conference schedule and she gets no awards if she even sees the field.

Thanks for the insightful post. J@#% Meanyquote]

Can’t argue with the post. Duke is a joke with their weak schedule. Pumping stats against terrible teams, then the get exposed. Every year. It’s getting old and predictable. They don’t have any actual superstars that can compete with the better players. Coach needs to go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Scane at NW didn’t play this weekend at all in either game is she hurt? SB plays them Friday.

Cuse looks unstoppable right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So we all know that SB promotes thug ball, as do certain club teams. Now a girl has a critical injury due to an intention to harm. This is unacceptable. I don’t want to hear that it was an accident. When you cross check it is intentional. Girls do not wear protective gear, and women’s lacrosse is supposed to be non contact. This needs to end before something even worse happens. Come on refs, you need to enforce this type of play. Just horrible

The girl who did it should be sued personally. Maybe that will send a message. Should also be an automatic red card and banned from playing in next game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girl who did it should be sued personally. Maybe that will send a message. Should also be an automatic red card and banned from playing in next game.

"sued"? Really? Just a silly statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you guys kidding me? Talking about suing. This is what happens in the everybody gets a trophy society. Parents become soft as ….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here you go. Perfect example why the rankings in lead are horrible. And I won’t use Stanford as an example. Those parents are already seeking therapy.

Duke gets absolutely crushed by ND. And they are now ranked only one spot behind ND. That’s incredible. For Duke to fall one spot after that game is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you guys kidding me? Talking about suing. This is what happens in the everybody gets a trophy society. Parents become soft as ….

When your daughter gets her kidney split open while she’s defenseless by an an aggressive illegal crosscheck maybe you would have a different attitude. Girl could have died, and this was no accident. I’m sure the player didn’t want to put the girl in the hospital, but she acted in a reckless manor and it caused a great deal of harm. There needs to be accountability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The defender being sued is quite unlikely. However if you look at football as a parallel -- after serious injuries I would say it is quite possible that the school or coach could be sued. This has been done successfully several times after head to head contact.

Suing the kid would fail because her defense would likely be that "this is what we are taught". However, the coach/school doesn't have the same defense. Like in football, every minute of practice film would likely be suppoenaed and if there are multiple incidents of girls cross checking from behind, that could be the ballgame.

Remember the Everson family has vast resources and could likely use them to go after SB/Spallina, regardless of whether they will likely win. Personally, I think SB will likely try to settle this thing out of court ASAP

Honestly I am the only who has watched the video and did not think the foul was that bad. If the player did not get hurt its something you see in almost every womens lacrosse game on multiple occasions. Hope the kid is alright but but suing someone is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The defender being sued is quite unlikely. However if you look at football as a parallel -- after serious injuries I would say it is quite possible that the school or coach could be sued. This has been done successfully several times after head to head contact.

Suing the kid would fail because her defense would likely be that "this is what we are taught". However, the coach/school doesn't have the same defense. Like in football, every minute of practice film would likely be suppoenaed and if there are multiple incidents of girls cross checking from behind, that could be the ballgame.

Remember the Everson family has vast resources and could likely use them to go after SB/Spallina, regardless of whether they will likely win. Personally, I think SB will likely try to settle this thing out of court ASAP

Honestly I am the only who has watched the video and did not think the foul was that bad. If the player did not get hurt its something you see in almost every womens lacrosse game on multiple occasions. Hope the kid is alright but but suing someone is ridiculous.

Agreed. 100%. It was not malicious and the talk of suing over this is completely ridiculous. It was an unfortunate injury and the focus should be on the rules and enforcement of the rules. This type of injury HAS HAPPENED BEFORE. A few years back a Stanford player had the exact same thing happen.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – March 6

The Top 5 stayed put in Week 2 of the ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll, with Middlebury, Tufts, TCNJ and Washington and Lee all remaining undefeated.

Franklin & Marshall jumped two spots into the sixth position after picking up two wins last week, while Wesleyan bumped into the 10th spot after a convincing win over Bates.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Middlebury (1 - 0) 748 (28) 1
2 Tufts (1 - 0) 717 (1) 2
3 TCNJ (2 - 0) 679 3
4 Washington and Lee (5 - 0) 670 (1) 4
5 Salisbury (4 - 1) 625 5
6 Franklin & Marshall (2 - 1) 560 8
7 Colby (0 - 2) 555 6
8 William Smith (2 - 0) 537 9
9 Gettysburg (2 - 2) 514 7
10 Wesleyan (1 - 0) 455 11
11 York (1 - 1) 414 12