BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 112 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Biggest questions at 2027 before schedules come out.

Will the Big Three lose an NGLL game to a non Big Three team? No, but I bet MDU plays at least one of them within a couple of goals

How much has Skywalkers improved? Defense is much better, still don't have the goal scorers to compete at next level

Who is going to take that 4th, 5th and 6th spot? With depend on schedule, both who you play and if you are scheduled to play when a good chunk of your team has spring break

Will any team outside the Big Three repeat playoff run (M&D Shore, NEMS, Coppermine)? No. Will be shocked if the semis aren't M&D, Heros, BLC and MDU

Who is biggest Darkhorse? Don't even think they will make playoffs, but I think Renegades surprised some people and pulls a few upsets.

Seems fairly accurate. Although on your last point, is it really an upset if you aren't beating a top 3? Maybe 4 or 5? Once you get to teams 6-14, they are pretty evenly matched. If Renegades beats a NEMS or Coppermine, I guess in name it is an upset. But really outside of the big 3, it's not going to be a big upset.

I'd argue there are really 5 tiers at the 27 level. Any one winning a game more than 1 tier above them could be an upset; 2 tiers would be a major upset

Tier 1 -- M&D, Heros, BLC
Tier 2 -- MDU
Tier 3-- Pride, SW, Coppermine, Integrity, M&D Shore
Tier 4-- Heros White, Renegades, NEMS, Stars
Tier 5-- CCLax, Next Level, FCA, Rebels, MC Elite

Any game within a tier would not really be an upset regardless of outcome

Coppermine will be tier 4. Move M&D shore and NEMS to tier 5. Pride is border line 2/3

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the Big Three lose an NGLL game to a non Big Three team? No, but I bet MDU plays at least one of them within a couple of goals

How much has Skywalkers improved? Defense is much better, still don't have the goal scorers to compete at next level

Who is going to take that 4th, 5th and 6th spot? With depend on schedule, both who you play and if you are scheduled to play when a good chunk of your team has spring break

Will any team outside the Big Three repeat playoff run (M&D Shore, NEMS, Coppermine)? No. Will be shocked if the semis aren't M&D, Heros, BLC and MDU

Who is biggest Darkhorse? Don't even think they will make playoffs, but I think Renegades surprised some people and pulls a few upsets.

Seems fairly accurate. Although on your last point, is it really an upset if you aren't beating a top 3? Maybe 4 or 5? Once you get to teams 6-14, they are pretty evenly matched. If Renegades beats a NEMS or Coppermine, I guess in name it is an upset. But really outside of the big 3, it's not going to be a big upset.

I'd argue there are really 5 tiers at the 27 level. Any one winning a game more than 1 tier above them could be an upset; 2 tiers would be a major upset

Tier 2 -- MDU

Didn't MDU go 3-5 last year in NGLL? Why do we think they are making such a big jump.

They had a great summer and a strong fall (save one tourney where half their starters weren't there). Not saying they are close to tier 1, but should be favored by at least 3 over anyone else. Also, the reason Integrity dropped is the players that went to MDU

Tying Heros and beating YJA and Madskillz is pretty good for a fall.

Agree that MDU is much closer to Tier 1 than Tier 3. They are very good.

I also think Stars will be much improved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why we play the games. To shut up the doubters and naysayers. Let go underdogs!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why we play the games. To shut up the doubters and naysayers. Let go underdogs!!!!

Everyone is always tough and confident until they get that 17-1 beat down. Although I must agree a good underdog story is good for the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 2 -- MDU

Didn't MDU go 3-5 last year in NGLL? Why do we think they are making such a big jump.

4 of those 5 losses were by 2 or less goals. They’ve only gotten stronger over the last year.

I would put Pride into same tier as MDU. Pride has good size or least they did last time I saw them but this is 8th grade, lots of changes physically to these kids in short period of time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 2 -- MDU

4 of those 5 losses were by 2 or less goals. They’ve only gotten stronger over the last year.

I would put Pride into same tier as MDU. Pride has good size or least they did last time I saw them but this is 8th grade, lots of changes physically to these kids in short period of time.

The strength of Pride is its draw team. They will probably win more than 50% vs almost any NGLL team. There have 3 good big attackers and one super quick very small one -- very strong unit.

Their problem is defense. Only one solid defender and a few are very poor. Even their top middies don't play solid defense. You can't consistently win like this.

They make pull an upset or play a top 4 team close by winning 80% of draws, but this isn't sustainable. If they were to play MDU, I would make MDU at least a 4 goal favorite, probably more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 2 -- MDU

They had a great summer and a strong fall (save one tourney where half their starters weren't there). Not saying they are close to tier 1, but should be favored by at least 3 over anyone else. Also, the reason Integrity dropped is the players that went to MDU

Tying Heros and beating YJA and Madskillz is pretty good for a fall.

Agree that MDU is much closer to Tier 1 than Tier 3. They are very good.

I also think Stars will be much improved.

I think Stars will be better, but there was a major gap against Tier 3 to begin with. Not sure how adding a few Pride bench players was suddenly going to make them competitive.

I really don't understand folks who think Stars can suddenly compete with the top 10 or so teams. Looking at their Fall, they had one quality win -- over Limitless who isn't exactly a powerhouse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The weird thing about Pride is which team is going to show up? I've seen them look very good and very bad. Sometimes all in the same weekend? They have a few very good players though. Agree defense is a problem. Their goalie is pretty good though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that impressed with MDU. They don’t win big games and always have an excuse. Fall not that impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The narrative on Stars is that the St. Stephens coach (she’s a big deal in VA, but not sure MD folks have ever heard of her) took over the team. She is a good coach, but not sure she can take a B team and make them an A in one season. Seems like pretty lofty expectations. Guess we’ll find out….

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The narrative on Stars is that the St. Stephens coach (she’s a big deal in VA, but not sure MD folks have ever heard of her) took over the team. She is a good coach, but not sure she can take a B team and make them an A in one season. Seems like pretty lofty expectations. Guess we’ll find out….

It also means that she will start favoring the girls who may play for her in high school. works both ways. Agree she is a good coach, but you can only cook with the groceries you have

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious what a ‘B’ team is? Outside top 10,15,20?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In theory, an "A" team is elite. In the country, there are probably no more than 10-12 teams that fit this profile. "B" would probably be the next 13-35 teams.

People want to say "my kid plays A". So even though their team may not be A, they are classified that way. Just because they choose to play in an "A" bracket.

Locally, there are probably 7 or 8 teams that truly play "A" even though a few of them are never going to challenge for a championship in a full field tournament.

M&D
Heros
BLC
MDU
Pride
SW
Coppermine

Every now in then, you will see M&D Shore, Integrity, NEMS and teams of the like play "A" brackets. But it's just in name. They would not compete for a championship if the top 3 or 4 teams are there. With that being said, when you put together a tournament and you need to fill out an "A" bracket, you need teams. So even though they are not top teams, they still play "A"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that impressed with MDU. They don’t win big games and always have an excuse. Fall not that impressive.

Fall not that impressive? How many teams have 2 wins and a tie against three of the top seven teams in rankings?

Not to mention a one goal and two goal loss to two others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is a B team because they play in B brackets in tournaments. Unless it's a small tourney or Stars wins their B/C grouping, you will never see an M&D or BLC for example playing Stars because they will never run into them. Not a knock on Stars, just saying... I'm only speaking about the 27's. Stars 26's were actually pretty good though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is a B team because they play in B brackets in tournaments. Unless it's a small tourney or Stars wins their B/C grouping, you will never see an M&D or BLC for example playing Stars because they will never run into them. Not a knock on Stars, just saying... I'm only speaking about the 27's. Stars 26's were actually pretty good though.

They are in NGLL A this spring so decent chance at least one of them will play them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its less about rating and more about which brackets you play in.

From my perspective, if you play in the top 2 brackets in the major tourneys -- Lax For the Cure, Summer Genesis, G8, Mid Atlantic, Maryland Cup (for older teams) -- you are an A team. Generally this is most of the top 20 in the rankings, plus a few others (Coppermine, HHH, Monster) who take their chances against better comp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stars is for sure a B team and the pipeline with SSSA is fading fast. They will never compete with the top clubs like M&D, Hero's, MDU, SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride is well coached and everyone is pretty good, no studs. They have a tall / strong girl who does draw and they dominate that pet of the game.

As Someone noted , by 8th grade most kids catch up so size won’t be a huge factor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride is well coached and everyone is pretty good, no studs. They have a tall / strong girl who does draw and they dominate that pet of the game.

As Someone noted , by 8th grade most kids catch up so size won’t be a huge factor

Offensively they are as good as anyone and their starting goalie is very good. This is the reason their core group won the 4v4 at UNC Camp this December beating teams from lots of top 10 clubs. But until their defense catches up, they won't push the top 4 teams.

If their draw team is on fire, they can compete with anyone in a one-off game. But against top teams, even if they win 60% of draws, their defense will bite them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love these vague categories like "truly play A". Half of the clubs on this list bounce around from grad year to grad year, yet you list them in a group with M&D & Heroes. M&D, Heroes, and most likely Coppermine post 27s compete at the top of every age group in top tournaments. Coppermine is certainly headed in that direction despite the haters. MDU bounces around from year to year, Pride dissolves after 8th grade, BLC is spotty at best and SW is done after the 2025 age group despite the super accurate fall rankings. Some teams listed as not being "Truly A" have teams still playing that routinely beat all the teams on your list depending on the grad year, but the grad years from those teams certainly vary more than the others.

If your kid is on a team in the A bracket, they are playing against A talent, seeing how they size up, and have to live with the results. There are plenty of kids happy playing with friends on those teams, winning their fair share, and learning where they need to improve. Those teams have plenty of top talent that get recruited to top schools. It's definitely less than M&D & Heroes, but the kids apparently don't feel the need drive an extra hour each way to practice in order to win every game in youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love these vague categories like "truly play A". Half of the clubs on this list bounce around from grad year to grad year, yet you list them in a group with M&D & Heroes. M&D, Heroes, and most likely Coppermine post 27s compete at the top of every age group in top tournaments. Coppermine is certainly headed in that direction despite the haters. MDU bounces around from year to year, Pride dissolves after 8th grade, BLC is spotty at best and SW is done after the 2025 age group despite the super accurate fall rankings. Some teams listed as not being "Truly A" have teams still playing that routinely beat all the teams on your list depending on the grad year, but the grad years from those teams certainly vary more than the others.

If your kid is on a team in the A bracket, they are playing against A talent, seeing how they size up, and have to live with the results. There are plenty of kids happy playing with friends on those teams, winning their fair share, and learning where they need to improve. Those teams have plenty of top talent that get recruited to top schools. It's definitely less than M&D & Heroes, but the kids apparently don't feel the need drive an extra hour each way to practice in order to win every game in youth lacrosse.

Credit to Coppermine. They play in top brackets even when there talent doesn't merit it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are the schedules

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They updated locations, so hopefully schedules coming soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are the schedules

Initial drafts sent to directors -- my guess is early versions will be shared to some teams today. Likely many requests for change so probably not released until next week at the earliest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Very watered down for top teams. With 18 teams, a lot of the heavy hitters aren't playing each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Very watered down for top teams. With 18 teams, a lot of the heavy hitters aren't playing each other.

M&D's schedule looks difficult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

I don't think any of the top teams schedules are overly tough. At least by rankings standards. But anything can happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

I don't think any of the top teams schedules are overly tough. At least by rankings standards. But anything can happen.

M&D should be playing Hero's before MC Elite and Next Level. Those games won't be fun for anyone involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does there seem to be an unusually high number of double headers to anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

M&D should be playing Hero's before MC Elite and Next Level. Those games won't be fun for anyone involved.

BLC at least has 2 tough games. Hero's and M&D only have 1. Obviously they would make playoffs no matter what. But would have been nice to see the 2 best teams playing each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not sure HG and M&D has played an NGLL game in regular season in years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

BLC at least has 2 tough games. Hero's and M&D only have 1. Obviously they would make playoffs no matter what. But would have been nice to see the 2 best teams playing each other.

What do you define as “tough game”?

If HG plays anyone outside of BLC and M&D, it’s not tough?

HG has to play on eastern shore in early AM game against M&D Shore who get to roll out of bed and go to fields, then they have to play a fresh MDU a few hours later. I think you should evaluate your logic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

HG has to play on eastern shore in early AM game against M&D Shore who get to roll out of bed and go to fields, then they have to play a fresh MDU a few hours later. I think you should evaluate your logic.

Laying the drama on a little thick aren't we?

It's Shore. Not Boston College. Good try though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just took an initial look at the schedule.

Initial thoughts

Very even and well balanced unless you are Next Level. Interesting how some teams got multiple double headers while others got none.

easiest schedule -- Coppermine
hardest schedule -- Next Level by far, then BLC

Prediction Finish

1) HG 8-0
2) M&D 8-0
3) MDU 7-1
4) BLC 6-2
5) Pride 6-2
6)

The Coppermine/ SW game will likely determine last playoff spot on 4/24.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just took an initial look at the schedule.

Initial thoughts

Very even and well balanced unless you are Next Level. Interesting how some teams got multiple double headers while others got none.

easiest schedule -- Coppermine
hardest schedule -- Next Level by far, then BLC

Prediction Finish

1) HG 8-0
2) M&D 8-0
3) MDU 7-1
4) BLC 6-2
5) Pride 6-2
6)

The Coppermine/ SW game will likely determine last playoff spot on 4/24.

The bracket is no longer on tourney but this morning showed an 8 team playoff…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

Laying the drama on a little thick aren't we?

It's Shore. Not Boston College. Good try though

Last time I checked LBC made it to semi-finals last year while MDU played to a draw vs HG a few months ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Renegades beat Coppermine during the summer…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

Hopefully M&D Shore will decide to play the entire game this year.

Page 76 of 112 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard