BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The cutoff in public school is Sept 1 in MD. If a parent decides to hold their kid back in private school, the Sept 1 cutoff doesn’t really have any meaning. My son is on a ‘31 HoCo team in the elite division (i.e., Hawks, ML, NL, Crabs, etc . . .). I’m not aware of a boy that turned 10 before Sept 1 and, it’s now April, and I’d say about 3/4 of the team is 10 and the others are 9.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The cutoff in public school is Sept 1 in MD. If a parent decides to hold their kid back in private school, the Sept 1 cutoff doesn’t really have any meaning. My son is on a ‘31 HoCo team in the elite division (i.e., Hawks, ML, NL, Crabs, etc . . .). I’m not aware of a boy that turned 10 before Sept 1 and, it’s now April, and I’d say about 3/4 of the team is 10 and the others are 9.

Nobody cares. Please go back to the Maryland forum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, that never happened...2031 Warriors?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, We don’t care about anything Maryland. Especially 4th grade. Go post on the Maryland board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That doesn’t fit the narrative Please go back to the Maryland forum

**fixed**

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Demise of Rebels, thanks for the laugh. Exploding right now. Over 60 kids in K-1st grade clinic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they do a nice job of training the starters for other programs as they get older. Rebels at older ages not competitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's '31 team has a few tournaments this summer with various NE opponents. Hershey has Igloo. Anybody know what the top level '31 Igloo team is this year? Last year I believe that was Aspen Extreme. The Great 8 has 3d NE Red, Towermen, Orange Crush, Predators and 2Way Black. My son's team played Towermen in the fall (they have two very talented boys at attack) and I'm sure will be much improved by summer, but have folks run into those other teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they do a nice job of training the starters for other programs as they get older. Rebels at older ages not competitive

Rebels last recruiting class had over 10 D1 commits, but nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a mess. Mass exiting, players and coaches

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know about mass, but exiting is happening here before the summer season has started. See how many followers the one coach has.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are showing up to the Igloo tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any information on the organization True coming to NY/LI? I have seen information on a new club coming to LI for next year. I know the organization "True" has teams all over the place. Who is running this club and where are they based out of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Felling they will be coming , and will merge with. Not top 4 club. That’s what they’ve been doing and all teams are not good. My first pick would be Legacy or S2s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know about mass, but exiting is happening here before the summer season has started. See how many followers the one coach has.

Who’s leaving and where are they going ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Felling they will be coming , and will merge with. Not top 4 club. That’s what they’ve been doing and all teams are not good. My first pick would be Legacy or S2s

They are here. Not buying anyone. We will build from the ground up and have a proven track record Nationally. LI is a great area for top lacrosse and the "True" brand will have a significant presence moving forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to True lacrosse, great addition to the LI lax scene and only means more excellent options for our boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True LI=Disaster. Will fail and lax off the current clubs owners. Welcome to LI, will be a short stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to True lacrosse, great addition to the LI lax scene and only means more excellent options for our boys.

I think they have an uphill battle. Top tier brands are already here. The island is saturated with too many clubs. We all know the “national” teams are money grab scams. They will get some kids but definitely won’t get any top tier ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why will it be a disaster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why will it be a disaster?

Not sure about disaster but if your from LI you know that most teams core are pretty much established so if there are a few that trickle to move around they would be less likely to jump to a new team at the 4th grade level. Most players this age already know how to catch and pass positionally with two to three plays / options ahead. That only comes with a year under a teams belt with the same players. Also most Li parents know National play isn't mandatory at this age, thats more of an appeal for the 6+ grades where rankings come into factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will not field one AA team. Big mistake by JD. One of there employees are def kid(coach) from Smithtown. Just watch them play , yesterday was ugly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will not field one AA team. Big mistake by JD. One of there employees are def kid(coach) from Smithtown. Just watch them play , yesterday was ugly

Who is JD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True LI=Disaster. Will fail and lax off the current clubs owners. Welcome to LI, will be a short stay.
Why would anyone want them to fail? More options means more competition. More competition means the consumer gets a better product at a lower price. Maybe they make it, maybe they don’t, but more options is good. We as parent want to be dealt with honestly, we want our kids on the feild and maybe have a few bucks in our pocket after all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone want them to fail? More options means more competition. More competition means the consumer gets a better product at a lower price. Maybe they make it, maybe they don’t, but more options is good. We as parent want to be dealt with honestly, we want our kids on the feild and maybe have a few bucks in our pocket after all.

Can you share their pricing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels with a sweep at Igloo tourney. Good day of lax!

Rebels and igloo always a good team, a shame others constantly avoid them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iglioo and Rebels are both great. Rebels win today but they are both so good. Amazing lax for 4 th graders. Coaches get along, games are intense. They both are on another level. Great stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those two teams are certainly the top. S2S and Express East are a step below but don’t seem to duck them like everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express east not close, added good FO couple mids. S2S not in conversation until they register for tourney that Reb/Iglioo are in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels Riot team had a nice championship as well!! Nice job boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad that 91 had 31’s playing with 32 group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 sinking like the titanic, the are running tourneys that they used to dominate, they can’t even field competitive teams now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. You people are nuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would get so fool! Express East and S2S both have a lot of talent and will absolutely be in the conversation soon. S2S might be in it now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 sinking like the titanic, the are running tourneys that they used to dominate, they can’t even field competitive teams now

I don’t know about a sinking ship. But they usually field very strong youth teams. So it’s surprising that their 31 team is not good. Sounds like they have some coaching drama with some kids that don’t belong on the field. They will continue to hide from the rebels and igloo because losing to those teams is bad for business. The one time they actually played rebels they got crushed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know about a sinking ship. But they usually field very strong youth teams. So it’s surprising that their 31 team is not good. Sounds like they have some coaching drama with some kids that don’t belong on the field. They will continue to hide from the rebels and igloo because losing to those teams is bad for business. The one time they actually played rebels they got crushed.

I don’t think any teams hide. Most club teams play in different tournament groups. 91 teams normally play both parts of NLF and NAL, all 3 which do not invite Rebels. NLf does not incude Igloo. At younger ages they get mandated into Laxfest on Fathers Day weekend. Doesn’t leave alot of room to hunt down other teams when coaches can only choose one other tournament.

As you get further along in club lax you’ll notice the patterns of which clubs play in which tournaments. Some teams play NAL, NLF every year. Others go to Lake George and Hershey. Some play in both Tristars (best tournament on Island each year which is run by Express).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nlf and NAL mean nothing. Rebels have been invited, they turned it down. 91 is a sinking ship. Everyone knows it except them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nlf and NAL mean nothing. Rebels have been invited, they turned it down.

Keep telling yourself that. The Express model/tournament schedule has proven to be very successful. Enjoy the time and wins while the kids are young. When the holdbacks come and the kids reach Catholic school age, the very best kids will gravitate to the same clubs as before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91 sinking like the titanic, the are running tourneys that they used to dominate, they can’t even field competitive teams now

I don’t think any teams hide. Most club teams play in different tournament groups. 91 teams normally play both parts of NLF and NAL, all 3 which do not invite Rebels. NLf does not incude Igloo. At younger ages they get mandated into Laxfest on Fathers Day weekend. Doesn’t leave alot of room to hunt down other teams when coaches can only choose one other tournament.

As you get further along in club lax you’ll notice the patterns of which clubs play in which tournaments. Some teams play NAL, NLF every year. Others go to Lake George and Hershey. Some play in both Tristars (best tournament on Island each year which is run by Express).[/quote

You are correct. Teams do not hide. All the teams mentioned are all affiliated or run tournaments. They play in their tournaments All the teams are invited to all these tournaments. The directors decide most of the time where teams are going to play. A good amount of the decisions are based on agreements made with other tournaments. Ie. igloo has team XYZ play in their fall tournament. Igloo agrees to go play in XYZ’s tournaments in June it’s all about the money at this age. When they get to HS it’s all about the showcases

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nlf and NAL mean nothing. Rebels have been invited, they turned it down. 91 is a sinking ship. Everyone knows it except them

Today, NLF and NAL are by far the best tournaments of the year. Anyone says different and they either don’t know, are lying, or not invited.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard