BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Re: Boys 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B team dad are the best

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#realstudsdontholdback/reclass

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Bearded_Kaos
Kaos.....your team went to the "on age " world series and got smoked off the field and went 0-4.....didn't win one game . So stop.your crying , it's embarrassing

And a little off subject are we 😂😂kids had a blast loved the experience. Your team didn’t take the championship so what’s the issue 😭😭😭😭 exactly

Wow...let me slow it down for you . A..B...C
..D...E...F...G.....back to kindergarten. You are complaining about holdbacks when your team had a chance to beat "on age " teams and couldn't even win one game . So whether the teams are on age now or have holdbacks what's the difference? You'll get smoked either way . And your a 91 dad where one of your teams brags that they play up but you're complaining about holdbacks . Can't have it both ways . Get a clue about what you're saying .[/quote]

Where’s the rest of the alphabet..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Kodiak is pathetic this year, no bright spots on the team and have lost to countless b teams in the fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Kodiak is pathetic this year, no bright spots on the team and have lost to countless b teams in the fall

What's the point of this post?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the point of this post?

The coach destroyed the team. That's what happens when you have a daddy coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold backs and reclasses are not about youth lacrosse and winning t shirts. It’s about college. It could mean the difference between D3 and D2 and scholarship $. Or D2 and D1. It’s about using lacrosse to get into the school that maybe as a regular student applying you get wait listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold backs and reclasses are not about youth lacrosse and winning t shirts. It’s about college. It could mean the difference between D3 and D2 and scholarship $. Or D2 and D1. It’s about using lacrosse to get into the school that maybe as a regular student applying you get wait listed.

Good luck with that holdback/reclass dad. I have now personally seen quite a few holdbacks and reclassed kids that are just not that special and won't make a difference for them . I've seen a reclass not play that much, I have seen a reclass make the B team etc......just because they reclass doesn't make them a great player . And definitely haven't seen any one kid dominate this past fall that reclassed so you're just one of the bunch now just one year older . Oh and by the way , nobody cares about lacrosse that much anyway.....so good luck trying to get your one year older son I to a school for lacrosse, when he joins the real world it will be irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it were only about college then the best approach would be to play on-age for as long as possible and only reclass in 8th or 9th grade. That lets the kid develop against the best competition and still be older during their hs sophomore season. The fact that many parents choose to hold back as early as 4th and 5th grade indicates it is about bragging rights and t shirts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. It’s about masking no talent while that no talent kid steps over on age kids who have more talent. It’s cheating the system and worse teaching no talent kids to cheat in life. Highly doubt this cheating teaches life time values for success. Everyone is laughing behind you and your kids back. You’re lost.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it were only about college then the best approach would be to play on-age for as long as possible and only reclass in 8th or 9th grade. That lets the kid develop against the best competition and still be older during their hs sophomore season. The fact that many parents choose to hold back as early as 4th and 5th grade indicates it is about bragging rights and t shirts.

Exactly. After 9th grade no one cares about the holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. After 9th grade no one cares about the holdbacks.

Not true. All the on age kids and parents care of whom these holdbacks stepped over to steal the limelight. Go ahead and wear that scarlet letter H proudly. SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only the parents of the teams that lose care about holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t play senior year if you repeat freshmen year. LI not a great place to reclass cause of lack of private/prep schools. Lax may not matter that much. But going from a Richmond on age to a Duke as hold back makes a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t play senior year if you repeat freshmen year. LI not a great place to reclass cause of lack of private/prep schools. Lax may not matter that much. But going from a Richmond on age to a Duke as hold back makes a difference.

Going to Duke lol.... I holdback/reclass I have seen in the 2027 age group is going to Duke ..keep dreaming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to burst the reclass dad bubble but it's very simple ...if your son is a game changing great player like you think he is ....he should be playing up not reclassing and playing down . Think about that for a minute ...you think your son is so special , first if all if he is special then he's a starter with his own age group ....and if he's really unbelievable then he plays up . Your not fooling anyone but yourself with this reclass [Censored] . And from what I hear there are some private high schools on long island that will no longer allow reclassing ....good move . Time for the reclass dad to go home and look in the mirror and say " what the heck did I just do for my son " . There is not one positive reason for reclassing . You are basically telling your son hes not good enough to compete at his own age level ....very sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to Duke lol.... I holdback/reclass I have seen in the 2027 age group is going to Duke ..keep dreaming

LOL, is right. Jeez.
These holdback dads are delusional.
Definitely the same guys paying for national team showcases at the end of July for 8th grade college coach "exposure"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is that most kids that reclass don't end up benefiting at all. They end up at D3 schools they wouldn't otherwise want to go to and could get into if they didn't even play lacrosse. Instead of choosing the best school for their future they choose one so the parents can tell people "my son plays college lacrosse".

With that said - there are kids that reclass that do benefit and get into a top school they otherwise would not have. I just think those cases are a really small minority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of the top 50 or 100 prospects each year are on age?

Seems like the percentages are definitely slanted to holdbacks so the coaches want old kids and don’t care about youth competition.

Parents are chasing Maryland and Syracuse and Princeton etc,. Until those schools stop rewarding it nothing will change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdback scenario really benefits the kid at a younger age in youth. They get extra year of training and playing up. Then by the time HS rolls around they are probably much better at Lacrosse from that extra year and playing up? Then when they move down at youth after playing up and getting some extra size. They stand out and get to be starters and that gets them better and the attention.

With all that said, I do not believe holdbacks at the youth level should be allowed! Hope the rules change as it’s a clear unfair advantage for the elite! Kids should only be allowed to play up and never down! It really needs to go to age based and that’s that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdback scenario really benefits the kid at a younger age in youth. They get extra year of training and playing up. Then by the time HS rolls around they are probably much better at Lacrosse from that extra year and playing up? Then when they move down at youth after playing up and getting some extra size. They stand out and get to be starters and that gets them better and the attention.

With all that said, I do not believe holdbacks at the youth level should be allowed! Hope the rules change as it’s a clear unfair advantage for the elite! Kids should only be allowed to play up and never down! It really needs to go to age based and that’s that!

While I agree with most of this especially the part that lacrosse needs to be age based ....I disagree with the whole " gets them better and more attention". I have personally watched reclassed that just aren't that special at all and don't stand out . Have also seen kids reclass and not even start . So that being said it's really a bad decision on the parents part ....but I guess everyone think they're son is special lol so it is what it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with most of this especially the part that lacrosse needs to be age based ....I disagree with the whole " gets them better and more attention". I have personally watched reclassed that just aren't that special at all and don't stand out . Have also seen kids reclass and not even start . So that being said it's really a bad decision on the parents part ....but I guess everyone think they're son is special lol so it is what it is

Do you guys all pee sitting down? No need to reply, I know the answer, carry on with holdback discussion for the next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you guys all pee sitting down? No need to reply, I know the answer, carry on with holdback discussion for the next year

Thanks for the advice reclass dad ....we know you don't like to be called out on reclassing your kid be asue it's weak but it's a relevant discussion that affects the kids and the teams ..so carry on with your brainless comments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe check the rosters of most D-1 schools and see how many are “on age” it’s not too many. The rules will never change, go scroll through BOTC for the past 5-6 years, same tired argument. If your kid is that good, the holdback doesn’t matter, if he’s not, then the holdback will dominate him. I know it’s tough to hear but it’s a fact. BTW, those touting D-2 schools over D-3, they are subpar academic institutions, just look at them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe check the rosters of most D-1 schools and see how many are “on age” it’s not too many. The rules will never change, go scroll through BOTC for the past 5-6 years, same tired argument. If your kid is that good, the holdback doesn’t matter, if he’s not, then the holdback will dominate him. I know it’s tough to hear but it’s a fact. BTW, those touting D-2 schools over D-3, they are subpar academic institutions, just look at them.

Funny that you mention that ....I personally know of a dominant 2026 team on long island that don't have only 1 reclass . That's it , and they still go out and dominate . What happened to the players that didn't play on that team, you guess right ...they reclassed . That doesn't make them any better , they just couldn't hang with that team and their own age group . That is all. They are not studs and never will be .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny that you mention that ....I personally know of a dominant 2026 team on long island that don't have only 1 reclass . That's it , and they still go out and dominate . What happened to the players that didn't play on that team, you guess right ...they reclassed . That doesn't make them any better , they just couldn't hang with that team and their own age group . That is all. They are not studs and never will be .

That’s great news! Since holdbacks are not studs can we talk about something else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express A has some serious/blatantly obvious daddy ball issues ,many unhappy campers . That's a sure way to blow up a team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh oh.....Coach C better wake up before he loses half the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone hit a nerve. You pay for an extra tuition check, and junior still isn’t starting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember holdbacks [Censored]. They are not studs. Only mediocre players need to holdback. It doesn’t make a difference in high school and college recruiting. Let’s move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 15yr old freshman doesn't have an advantage over the 13yr old freshman?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 15yr old freshman doesn't have an advantage over the 13yr old freshman?

Of course he does. If there was no advantage why would you do it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol....coach C doesn't like to lose money , they better straighten it out before it's too late

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone hit a nerve. You pay for an extra tuition check, and junior still isn’t starting?

Bingo!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to see Real Sports tv show do a piece on holdbacks. Imagine how fool the parents would come across on tv. You’re making your 13 yr old switch schools, leave his friends and repeat the same curriculum so he can gain an advantage in a sport that pays nothing essentially to its pro athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol....coach C doesn't like to lose money , they better straighten it out before it's too late

Yes...I also heard that the daddy ball has reached an intolerable level . Awful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good competition down in Florida Club Nationals. Games started today. Should get heated up with all the games tomorrow!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good competition down in Florida Club Nationals. Games started today. Should get heated up with all the games tomorrow!!

I love how everyone falls in love with these tournament names " club nationals " lol.....how is it a club national when some of the top clubs aren't even represented? And the best is not everything is a showcase in the winter even for 8th graders . What the " showcases " is nothing more than a [Censored] clinic at this point . So let's relax with the " club nationals " and " showcase " talk. You're just falling in line to shell out some money over the winter for the people who run these things .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t forget about the “Club World Championship” in Texas this week…….. LOL!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the more ridiculous " showcases " on long island are run by long island lacrosse journal aka the winkoffs . Calling "showcases " and " college bound " things for kids as young as 7th grade ...they're awful . Then they put out a " all.long island team " which is another joke . They don't even know boys teams anymore and they claim to evaluate boys and create a long island all star team lol....again , no one goes to these things and they call them "top players" etc.......just stop already it's ridiculous. Grasping at straws for more money .

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard