BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels doing a nice job training them young, they will be ready for when they move on to Express or 91

Those are ways of the old, lots more competition now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels doing a nice job training them young, they will be ready for when they move on to Express or 91

Those are ways of the old, lots more competition now.

It’s really not though; while there are teams popping up everywhere, most LI clubs are the farm teams for Express and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is a farm team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 5 Rebels teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 5 Rebels teams

Pretty sure they have only two 2031 in Nassau (Stealth, Riot) and one in Suffoik for Rebels East (Raiders).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which tournaments are Igloo and the good(?) rebels team playing in this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which tournaments are Igloo and the good(?) rebels team playing in this summer?

We have friends (parents) on the Winter Soldiers and Arctic Wolves as well as Rebels Stealth, Riot and Raiders and looks like scheduling is still being finalized for 2023 Spring all around.

Last head to head was at Tristar Octoberfest in GC but some were missing Igloo 7, Stealth 6 still very close.

The Rebels look very strong on all their 2031 teams as does Igloo. So I would consider all to be good at the 9-10 year old level. Definitely Top of the clubs in LI by far. Coaches on both Igloo and Rebels seem very composed on sidelines this Fall year and they all run plays and make calls on the field. Kids are kids but will only respond to the training and mindset of the coaches.

Looks like from the Tourney Machine app the Igloo Winter Soldiers AA team played the Rebels Riot team in championship on turkey shoot out score was 7-2 but both teams were missing a few key players so not sure what the outcome would have been. The Rebels Raiders team also did very good but lost to Rebels Riot on the semi finals. Not sure why both teams within the same club have to play each other. That Turkey shoot out was very weak turnout, only the Winter Soldiers, Riot and Raiders were there at the 2031 level, definitely poor planning on the organization to get teams.

I guess it was payback since the Rebels Stealth team beat the Igloo Arctic Wolves the weekend before at Fall Lacrosse Classic at Stony Brook 14-0. Then Stealth met the 91 Team Titans in the championship and Stealth won 9-1 who are also very good. The 91 Team Warrior look ok too but many of those players were from a regroup of last years sharks and ex igloo / rebels that wanted more play time.

Definitely looks like some disparity from their AA teams to their non AA I guess but not by much.

I think it will be a fun spring/ summer as all these boys grow and get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let us know when those AA Igloo and Rebels tournament schedules are posted. Hope rebels don’t play in B tournaments all summer like last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels and Igloo top teams are the class of LI. The other teams, LI Express, Express East, Legacy, Team 91 all require significant development to catch up with Rebels and Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a great day to be a Outlaw!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a great day to be a Outlaw!

Get a new joke pal. Using the same line on multiple threads is getting old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stealth and whatever the top Igloo team is called should play in HoCo. There’s 5 teams and then a bunch of AA teams vying to fill out AAA. Make it happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on down !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stealth and whatever the top Igloo team is called should play in HoCo. There’s 5 teams and then a bunch of AA teams vying to fill out AAA. Make it happen!

Are you saying that our LI clubs should leave to join your MD HoCo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't waste your time. The LI teams better skilled but they are also 1-2 years younger than all the MD kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't waste your time. The LI teams better skilled but they are also 1-2 years younger than all the MD kids.

I have heard rumors of kids being held back or starting late and being older. Are you saying these MD kids are 11-12? LOL!! My son is still 9 until until spring of next year and on a 2031. Am I doing it wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard rumors of kids being held back or starting late and being older. Are you saying these MD kids are 11-12? LOL!! My son is still 9 until until spring of next year and on a 2031. Am I doing it wrong?

In Maryland if you are born after 7/1 You are then in the following years class. New York is 12/1 most states it’s 9/1. So if a kid is born July 10th and the parents hold him back for Kindergarten. Then he will be 2 years older than a lot of the kids in NY This is becoming a more common practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Maryland if you are born after 7/1 You are then in the following years class. New York is 12/1 most states it’s 9/1. So if a kid is born July 10th and the parents hold him back for Kindergarten. Then he will be 2 years older than a lot of the kids in NY This is becoming a more common practice

This is the new norm.
It is destroying the sport at the youth level and in turn limiting the popularity of the PLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the new norm.
It is destroying the sport at the youth level and in turn limiting the popularity of the PLL.

College coaches may like it but as a parent I don’t and as a fan I’m not impressed by a 19-20 yr old college freshman or a 25 yr old PLL rookie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches may like it but as a parent I don’t and as a fan I’m not impressed by a 19-20 yr old college freshman or a 25 yr old PLL rookie.

That's just bonkers but I guess what can you do? I guess that's why some LI organizations have their kids practicing with older kids so it's not so much about age but more about skill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just bonkers but I guess what can you do? I guess that's why some LI organizations have their kids practicing with older kids so it's not so much about age but more about skill.

The lack of age requirements also plays a major role in hiding the lack of a coaches ability to teach.
Its much easier to just play older kids down and win vs having to coach up 20 on age kids.
This is why the LI teams and Canada indoor box teams will always be a step ahead with respect to stick skills and lax iq.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this young age, its often grumbling and far less prevalent. Our MD based team has on kid who would be considered a "reclass". On the other hand, almost all of the best kids are Fall (2012) birthdays. Watching my kids go through it, there are very few actual reclass kids, but the ones that are reclass, and hit puberty early (obvious at 28, starting to see at 29 age group) make it easy for the casual sideline observer think its a bigger problem that expected.

The push from IL (Foy) and US Lacrosse to "fix" this issue, only below 14U sounds great, but will have very little actual impact IMHO. Claiming we have a huge issue, and then realizing the stakeholders in the sport only care about middle school kids makes the entire argument ring hollow. The best 14 year olds, will be playing against mostly 17/18 year olds in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall 2012 as 31's?
We have fall/winter 2010's as 28s in LI.
Pre-K is a holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference in school cutoff is most likely the largest factor. My 2031 team here on LI as an example only has 2 2012 birthdays and they are both December. For the most part we are spring/summer 2013.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this young age, its often grumbling and far less prevalent. Our MD based team has on kid who would be considered a "reclass". On the other hand, almost all of the best kids are Fall (2012) birthdays. Watching my kids go through it, there are very few actual reclass kids, but the ones that are reclass, and hit puberty early (obvious at 28, starting to see at 29 age group) make it easy for the casual sideline observer think its a bigger problem that expected.

The push from IL (Foy) and US Lacrosse to "fix" this issue, only below 14U sounds great, but will have very little actual impact IMHO. Claiming we have a huge issue, and then realizing the stakeholders in the sport only care about middle school kids makes the entire argument ring hollow. The best 14 year olds, will be playing against mostly 17/18 year olds in high school.

It’s more about leveling the playing field in the developing years and Getting rid of the unfair advantages. It will give all the kids the same parameters for developing. If they are that good, they should be playing up and not down in the youth ages. That’s how you get better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s more about leveling the playing field in the developing years and Getting rid of the unfair advantages. It will give all the kids the same parameters for developing. If they are that good, they should be playing up and not down in the youth ages. That’s how you get better!

Yea, but then the elite clubs can't brag on social media on how good they are.
Nothing like winning tourneys with sub par coaching and dedication.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, but then the elite clubs can't brag on social media on how good they are.
Nothing like winning tourneys with sub par coaching and dedication.

Curious to hear which ones for reference to stay away from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - Do all clubs practice/ play all year round? Which ones and what do they offer at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - Do all clubs practice/ play all year round? Which ones and what do they offer at this age?

Pretty much yes. Most of the clubs at this age group practice year round

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall 2012 as 31's?
Pre-K is a holdback.
Kids who turn 10 during 4th grade school calendar are hold backs? Okay. The irony is one of the best Hoco players is 11 or turning 11 by time spring rolls around and came by way of Igloo (his dad is coaching navy).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall 2012 as 31's?
Pre-K is a holdback.
Kids who turn 10 during 4th grade school calendar are hold backs? Okay. The irony is one of the best Hoco players is 11 or turning 11 by time spring rolls around and came by way of Igloo (his dad is coaching navy).
Coaching is a stretch, volunteering at Navy is more accurate. But he always introduces himself as a coach, basically Richie 2.0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at Maryland dads hopping on to Li boards and complaining about their coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at Maryland dads hopping on to Li boards and complaining about their coaches.
Where were Maryland dads doing that? I just stop by to find out why LI dads are scared of playing real competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were Maryland dads doing that? I just stop by to find out why LI dads are scared of playing real competition.

Igloo tried it at NAL and it didn’t go well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo and the LI kids are on age.
9 yr olds vs 11 yr olds.
MS cant win anything on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after Igloo lost bad it was oh it’s fall and they are weak competition. Now they are one of the strongest on the island and madlax is all 11 year olds. Got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after Igloo lost bad it was oh it’s fall and they are weak competition. Now they are one of the strongest on the island and madlax is all 11 year olds. Got it.

Regardless of what team traveled 5+/- hrs to play 11 year olds its still a disparity at this age. Once in HS I don't see it meaning anything but a 9yr old still in most cases hasn't grown yet compared to an 11 year old.

Easy to pound your crab filled bellies when you have an advantage. Why don't you drive 5+/- hrs to come play our 29 teams LOL (11yr olds).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely comical that you guys think there are 11 year olds on these 31 teams in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where would you rank the rest of those teams? Is S2S looped in with that group as well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where would you rank the rest of those teams? Is S2S looped in with that group as well?
I’m only aware of one HOCO team S2S played and it wasn’t pretty. They’re a hoco B team (though better than C).

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard