BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse - Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
you bragg about being undefeated for the past 4 years, but your team is filled with TG players, so who is taking the credit for your wins TG coaches or MC coaches...MC just playing under a TG umbrella

I don't have a horse in this race but if the MC kids on this team are good enough to play on TG and they are MC residents then good for them . They are doing nothing wrong just putting a solid team on the field. Many town teams are loaded with YJ & TG players . They are all just kids playing as much lax as possible. They can only play in the leagues that are available to them. It's only a youth town league don't make so much out of 11& 12 year old town teams being undefeated. It really doesn't matter till they step on the varsity field.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I 100 percent agree it was just to answer the fact that we took a new girl and by the way more yj kids then tg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid was a bad player no way your coach invites the kid to play with middle country.Undefeated in 4 years again you make up non-sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Undefeated for 4 years , how did you do against Riverhead at the fundraiser game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Undefeated for 4 years , how did you do against Riverhead at the fundraiser game.

oh boy, now drag the Riverhead girls into it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is with the husband and wife and her three kids coaching the youth program. they run the youth program like a cult. They wont allow anyone to coach or even help. The family refuses to allow anyone to lend a hand or even assist coaching. the enrollment has dropped to (1) one team for 1st and 2nd grade, (1) one team for 3rd and 4th grade. those numbers are pretty sad for a disrtict the size of middle Country. considering there are people who have actually played the sport offering to coach, and they are turned down is pretty alarming. This family is ruining the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. we have a family ruining our program too. sad that one family can do that isn't it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear if there will be a Jamboree this year?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC has not been told about the Jamboree this year. Instead, there are plenty of town team options available for this summer season to replace the Jamboree in your schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard this morning that SCGL was ready to go but had to cancel because nobody volunteered to host - waiting for official word from my town coordinator.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is hysterical. Youre right MC lost to Riverhead in the Charity tournament. I guess the fact that they had no goalie for the first half, only showed up with ten kids, and two of them were fourth grade sisters had nothing to do with it. The MC team hasnt lost a regular season PAL game in six years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is hysterical. Youre right MC lost to Riverhead in the Charity tournament. I guess the fact that they had no goalie for the first half, only showed up with ten kids, and two of them were fourth grade sisters had nothing to do with it. The MC team hasnt lost a regular season PAL game in six years.

Talk about hysterical ,you are saying you have not lost a pal game since your kids where in kindergarten , what a tool.By the way call scgl you have now lost a pal game because you played with an illegal player who was not on your roster, go ahead I dare you to deny it , remember people have pictures and will gladly send them in. The only thing more annoying then your cheating is the fact that you come on hear bragging about it.The actual kids from middle country were not good enough to win a game so your coach goes out and gets kids from some other town to fill in.Too funny you bunch of clowns do not even come on hear and deny you cheated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about hysterical ,you are saying you have not lost a pal game since your kids where in kindergarten , what a tool.By the way call scgl you have now lost a pal game because you played with an illegal player who was not on your roster, go ahead I dare you to deny it , remember people have pictures and will gladly send them in. The only thing more annoying then your cheating is the fact that you come on hear bragging about it.The actual kids from middle country were not good enough to win a game so your coach goes out and gets kids from some other town to fill in.Too funny you bunch of clowns do not even come on hear and deny you cheated.

Again you misstate the facts and again i will correct you. We are not cheating and did add a player from Bay Shore who legally got a release from her program and was allowed by PAL or SCGL to play for Middle Country which she does. We have not lost an in-season game since my daughter joined the team as a 1st grader. If you want to exclude the last four or five games we played just to make you feel better about your daughter go ahead. If you would like to call the league you most certainly are welcome to.

The next time we come out to play in one of your charity events or to have bagels maybe you can show us all the pictures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The next time we come out to play in one of your charity events or to have bagels maybe you can show us all the pictures."

To whom are you referring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The next time we come out to play in one of your charity events or to have bagels maybe you can show us all the pictures."

To whom are you referring?

I wondered the same thing, sounds like he is referring to Riverhead because of the reference to the Charity tournament mentioned earlier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess they lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Are you answering questions from a month ago or on the wrong thread? Helps to quote the question. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Suffolk County Girls lacrosse???
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Are you answering questions from a month ago or on the wrong thread? Helps to quote the question. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Can you be just a little bit more specific??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I click on the website the other day and didn't get in. Wasnt there an blog a few weeks back that there was an issue between some of the guys.
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Can you be just a little bit more specific??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I click on the website the other day and didn't get in. Wasnt there an blog a few weeks back that there was an issue between some of the guys.

I'm sure you are just trying to stir the pot, but I'll answer anyway. The issue was about the 2014 team that broke away; there are you happy I said it?
Anyway... Click on the Suffolk County All-Stars link to the right under LI Clubs and you get right in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure you are just trying to stir the pot, but I'll answer anyway. The issue was about the 2014 team that broke away; there are you happy I said it?
Anyway... Click on the Suffolk County All-Stars link to the right under LI Clubs and you get right in.

I'm not the one who asked the original question, but the link to the right is only for the All-Stars. He/she is correct that the main SCGL website - scgirlslax.com - is not working. Maybe they are finally updating it and replacing the 2004 team picture on the home page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, not trying to stir the pot, sorry to hear that, I hope it all works out. I coach a very young girls and use the Suffolk girls lax site and steer some of my families to it. It was "like" the PAL for girls.

Sorry if it brought up a bad feeling or old wounds. I was told the two were one in the same. I wasn't sure from what I read if the comments I saw impacted the youth league.

If they aren't affiliated and they're updating the site great. I just thought someone would have had the answers on here since there was never a true contact to get straight answers from anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SCGL website is still down - and doesn't even come up when you Google it (except for the directions page). Anybody know why? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay we are all trying to get our rosters ready for the Spring. Is there going to be a site for the girls? Is there a change in who is running the program? PAL is for Boys only SCGL ran the girls for a bit but are they continuing for the girls youth.

No, not trying to stir the pot, sorry to hear that, I hope it all works out. I coach a very young girls and use the Suffolk girls lax site and steer some of my families to it. It was "like" the PAL for girls.

Sorry if it brought up a bad feeling or old wounds. I was told the two were one in the same. I wasn't sure from what I read if the comments I saw impacted the youth league.

If they aren't affiliated and they're updating the site great. I just thought someone would have had the answers on here since there was never a true contact to get straight answers from anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage - Any insight on the status of SCGL. Seems to be a bunch of questions and their website has been down for months. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage - Any insight on the status of SCGL. Seems to be a bunch of questions and their website has been down for months. Thanks

Wish someone could set up a travel league, not so much for the big clubs but for individual teams to play spring or fall at a higher level than town ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any info regarding Suffok Girls. I went to a meeting in December where a number of items were discussed. One was the website which still isn't running. Another was registration of teams which is supposed to begin tomorrow. Coordinators were told that they'd receive an email regarding place and time, but I have yet to hear. I've talked to other coordinators that have also heard nothing. Also no replys to many emails that have been sent. Does anyone have any info that they could pass along? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was under the impression that it was suppose to be 1/25 and 2/1. No email since the last meeting with info for the Town coordinators. Same story the last 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone from BOTC please provide information regarding the Suffolk PAL round robin format for the much older and possibly younger girls. So much speculation and conspiracy theorists out there it would be help to see some factual information on it to put the potential for drama and controversy to rest before it even blooms.
Thanks in advance!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K-1 Teams have done round robin in SCGL for a few years. last season 16 teams participated. The idea for 7/8th grade to play a round robin format was brought up at the December meeting but no formal plans have been emailed to members.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any info regarding Suffok Girls. I went to a meeting in December where a number of items were discussed. One was the website which still isn't running. Another was registration of teams which is supposed to begin tomorrow. Coordinators were told that they'd receive an email regarding place and time, but I have yet to hear. I've talked to other coordinators that have also heard nothing. Also no replys to many emails that have been sent. Does anyone have any info that they could pass along? Thanks.

Here's some info - get out of that mess and play Nassau PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does a team/organization do that? Wish we could.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your director has to reach out to NCPAL before next January and let them know you want to apply to enter the league. It's very simple just too late for this year. Schedules are almost completed for 2014

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your director has to reach out to NCPAL before next January and let them know you want to apply to enter the league. It's very simple just too late for this year. Schedules are almost completed for 2014

Simple to do yes, but not if your director is not willing to do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simple to do yes, but not if your director is not willing to do so.

Then move to a town that does!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone from BOTC please provide information regarding the Suffolk PAL round robin format for the much older and possibly younger girls. So much speculation and conspiracy theorists out there it would be help to see some factual information on it to put the potential for drama and controversy to rest before it even blooms.
Thanks in advance!

They are doing round robin games for 7/8. They have a meeting scheduled this Thursday to set up the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That seems like a very solid idea. These girls are torn between school ball, travel and PAL so this type of venue looks promising. With all their years with PAL, it is good to see that PAL was flexible and forward thinking in trying to support them finishing out their experience with their PAL teams. I wonder if boys will follow the same lead?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks in advance!

They are doing round robin games for 7/8. They have a meeting scheduled this Thursday to set up the schedule.

What are round robin games?

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard