@BackOfTheCAGE
This thread will be used for all league information and discussion regarding the Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse program for Spring 2013.
The first two weeks of the schedule have now been posted:

Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Schedule - Master Lisitng

Games will be played on the following dates :

Sunday, April 7th
Sunday, April 14th
Sunday, April 21st
Sunday, April 28th
Sunday, May 5th
Sunday, May 12th (Mothers Day)
Saturday, May 19rd
Sunday, June 2nd
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #1 Schedule (April 7th)

[Linked Image]
What does the "red" and "Blue" mean? there are towns labeled as Red that do not have that color in their scheme, same goes for teams labeled as Blue???

Please help. One week left and it is vacation week, many families need to make arrangements for their families between boys games girls games (dare i say baseball/softball).

Originally Posted by CageSage
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #1 Schedule (April 7th)

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does the "red" and "Blue" mean? there are towns labeled as Red that do not have that color in their scheme, same goes for teams labeled as Blue???

Please help. One week left and it is vacation week, many families need to make arrangements for their families between boys games girls games (dare i say baseball/softball).
For the red and blue designations, you will need to speak with your club unless a poster on BOTC has some information. Given that many clubs have these designations, we cannot assume that the reasoning is the same across the board.

As for Baseball and Softball, are you aware of Back of THE PLATE ?

For the red and blue designations, you will need to speak with your club unless a poster on BOTC has some information. Given that many clubs have these designations, we cannot assume that the reasoning is the same across the board.

At one time Blue, White and Red (in that order) designated A, B and C teams to allow for more balanced scheduling. However, I'm not sure that's the case anymore - definitely not how the games were scheduled last year. Also, as an example, I'm not from ESM but my understanding is that they try to make 2 equal teams, but they are called Blue and Red where they have 2 teams.
Red is the A team (better team)
Blue is the B or C team (beginner team)
Hopefully your town got it right.

whether balanced teams or not - So true, hoping your town got it right!

If this is ture, Cage can you confirm if this is how all of SCCL is labeled. I cant get a hold of them, vacation week and all. I am sure you have better contacts.

I along with many others on here would tend to believe a post with a "CAGE" stamp on it rather than an anonymous post.

Thanks, Appreciate all you do!

WOW, really. We were told that you could not do an a,b,c this year. Now that is a shame. Hope that is not true or our director is a tool!!!!

WOW, really. We were told that you could not do an a,b,c this year. Now that is a shame. Hope that is not true or our director is a tool!!!!

Our director said there will be A/B/C but do what you want.

It just so happens that most of the better girls live next to each other so those girls will be A and the other team either B or C. But it is my job as the C coach to make sure if we did split them next year by A/B/C it will be a hard task.
I dont think it makes a difference. If you look at the schedule of the two frist weeks some teams from 2-7/8 are playing Blue vs Red so I am not sure if it really makes a difference.
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #2 Schedule (April 14th)

[Linked Image]

FYI - I checked with a representative from the SCGL and was told that colors are used only to distinguish between two or more teams from the same town in the same grade - and have no bearing on skill level. They were assigned by the Town coordinators, who also assigned a skill level to each team - A, B or C. SCGL then used the skill levels they were given (and sometimes geography) to form divisions within each grade and make the schedule.
It's actually the opposite. Blue is the A team, White is B, and Red is C. That is how our town did it.
It's actually the opposite. Blue is the A team, White is B, and Red is C. That is how our town did it.

It really is not that hard to figure out what division you are for the most part playing in.Feel free to ask but just name the age group and i am sure people on this forum can tell you what division you are in A B C if you care to know.
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7/8th

It doesnt make any sense if the color scheme changes per each grade, but if it is

It really is not that hard to figure out what division you are for the most part playing in.Feel free to ask but just name the age group and i am sure people on this forum can tell you what division you are in A B C if you care to know.
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7/8th

all of these towns have at least one grade with multi colors...
3v
bs
Connt
ESM
MC
MP
rIVERHEAD
smith
WEST BAB

It doesnt make any sense if the color scheme changes per each grade, but if it is

Many of y'all seem to be missing the point. While some towns may have used color to designate A B C, its not used at all for game scheduling. Coaches were asked the level that their team was at. SCGL used this info in the scheduling of teams ( all two weeks worth that they got done). There seems to be no hard line boundries of divisions, just used more to try to schedule teams for games to be competitive. The LIJS soccer model of hard divisions seems to be ideal, the probllem with lacrosse is that not enough girls play in the leauge to do this effectively, so the teams A B or C tags by coaches are more of a loose guideline. That being said, hopefully a A team should never play a C.
Well put. This poor parent who is so fixated on the color. You will figure it out as the season goes. If you are desperate to know what level your daughter is player then ask. Simply designed to make fair competitive games.
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7/8th

Sorry you would need to give a team and what age and I am sure you can figure it out.6th grade level teams like middle country red, Riverhead red, rocky point, mount Sinai are in A division ,all you need to do is then look at the teams they are playing and you can figure it out.Teams like WH, North Fork, east Hampton etc. In B.
Well put. This poor parent who is so fixated on the color. You will figure it out as the season goes. If you are desperate to know what level your daughter is player then ask. Simply designed to make fair competitive games.

Whomever is asking (parent or coaches) I am sure they are to ensure the level of play will be as even as possible. If you are saying its all "semantics" and color doesnt matter, then why not use the color schemes of the towns?
I hope the fact the full schedule isn't out is because they want to align the girls as best as best as possible. Just watched my daughters 5th grade team get beat up by another team and it was obvious they were misplaced. Their coach said he was going to speak to his coordinator to get his team placed in the higher division. Wouldn't want to be them if its not changed. Their games will be useless and non competitive.
after week one did any teams stand out , any grade? how did teams do in relation to the strong teams mentioned earlier in this thread.
Is it possible for towns to add teams for the remaining 6 games? There are some very large teams out there..........
Is it possible for towns to add teams for the remaining 6 games? There are some very large teams out there..........

I wish...
after week one did any teams stand out , any grade? how did teams do in relation to the strong teams mentioned earlier in this thread.

The back and forth comparing teams is bad enough on the travel team threads - let's not start that here. Especially after only one week!
I didn't think that anything bad was meant. On the contrary it was meant just for teams to play equal competition. This way every team gets the most out of their games.
I didn't think that anything bad was meant. On the contrary it was meant just for teams to play equal competition. This way every team gets the most out of their games.

I don't think that was the intention either, but it always seems to go that way. Besides, debating team strength on here isn't going to change the schedule once it comes out.
It seems as if this is a bigger issue than thought. No one wants SCGL to be travel but they do want to play equal competition; be it for skilled teams or developing. Why cant people see it that way.

Whomever is asking (parent or coaches) I am sure they are to ensure the level of play will be as even as possible. If you are saying its all "semantics" and color doesnt matter, then why not use the color schemes of the towns?
Please let someone know when is the schedule going to be posted for the rest of the season. At the very least the next 2 weeks. Parents have plans to make. Most families have to coordinate between other siblings and other sports.

Please help.
Please let someone know when is the schedule going to be posted for the rest of the season. At the very least the next 2 weeks. Parents have plans to make. Most families have to coordinate between other siblings and other sports.

Please help.

I was told they are hoping to post it this weekend - waiting for some of the town coordinators to provide start times for their home games.
Thanks
Let go, does anyone now where they are going next week?
Thanks
Know
Let go, does anyone now where they are going next week?
Thanks
Week 3 is posted
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #3 Schedule (April 21st)

[Linked Image]
Nice to see this weeks but we need the season. enoughs nough already
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #3 Schedule (April 21st)

[Linked Image]
Week 4 is up.
What about the rest of the weeks. If you need help reach out to the towns to see if anyone is willing to help. Do you realize you are holding families captive for Mother's Day and other lifestyle events that happen in the Spring.

Week 4 is up.
What about the rest of the weeks. If you need help reach out to the towns to see if anyone is willing to help. Do you realize you are holding families captive for Mother's Day and other lifestyle events that happen in the Spring.

Week 4 is up.

This happend last year too. I know the league director passed away last year so it was understandable that they trickled out the schedule. Thought they might have it figured out for this year. I think it is time for a girls travel league to form for spring outdoors. Most "travel teams" are based on summer tournaments, no formal league play. Could travel teams be formed just for a spring league?
Week 4 is up.

Sorry, I have nothing to do with SCGL. I just check their website often and noticed that Week 4 was there this morning, so I posted it. I'm looking for the rest of the season too.
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #4 Schedule (April 28th)

[Linked Image]
Come to NCPAL . No scheduling problems. Three divisions in most grades so your team gets placed in a division so you dont get blown out every week. A little more traveling is worth it !
Come to NCPAL . No scheduling problems. Three divisions in most grades so your team gets placed in a division so you dont get blown out every week. A little more traveling is worth it !
Where is that schedule published? BOTC has been lit up with complaints from the Girls Side of NCPAL for a lack of information. We would love to help that information flow.
I don't care if the schedule isn't published to the masses to see who is playing who.

I just care the schedule is sent to the coaches so they can send their team a schedule of who they are playing. Is that to much to ask.

Is it too late to join NCPAL. Unfortunately I would think so.

Always wished our boys town would have made the switch to NPAL.

Where is that schedule published? BOTC has been lit up with complaints from the Girls Side of NCPAL for a lack of information. We would love to help that information flow.

Cage, NCPAL doesn't publish the full schedule. A rough draft is sent to girls directors for corrections and then it is sent back to the assigners. . A week later the schedules are posted on the Horizon Web Ref Site and only the coaches and administrators have access to only their teams schedules.

Cage, NCPAL doesn't publish the full schedule. A rough draft is sent to girls directors for corrections and then it is sent back to the assigners. . A week later the schedules are posted on the Horizon Web Ref Site and only the coaches and administrators have access to only their teams schedules.
Thanks for that information, but as a paying customer, do you think you are getting good quality service? Your call.
Week 5 is up - only 3 more to go!
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #5 Schedule (May 5th)

[Linked Image]
The rest of the schedule is posted - except that the link for the last week isn't working. Maybe Cage can get it straightened out for us.
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #6 Schedule (May 12th)

[Linked Image]
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League Week #7 Schedule (May 19th)

[Linked Image]

Thanks for that information, but as a paying customer, do you think you are getting good quality service? Your call.

Yes NCPAL gets the full season schedule out about ten days before the season starts. All games are scheduled except for the end of the season jamborie. we usually get that in the middle of May.
To the ESM 6 th grade coach , yes you have some legitimate points in regard to the middle country 6 th grade program but unfortunately your past behavior makes your complaining about another coach seem dramatic.You seem to have issues with many other programs and I have seen it first hand, and your behavior at times has been out of control even within your own program against other parents.That being said the middle country coach is a clown and the smartest thing he has done is to not come onto this site to defend the indefensible.Keep using players from other towns ie bayshore your town players should be so proud.Your stall tactic in 6 th grade is a joke and makes you and the patens in your program look ridiculous. To the good parents at middle country , and there are many, if you lay down with dogs you are going to get fleas
A town team program should be about the development of the player.......Middle Country 6th grade team I believe is no longer a town team, but a team filled with TG players......what are they accomplishing when they beat up on a true town team that is not filled with YJ or TG players....sad that a coach has an ego so big that they must win at the cost of the player, and the opposing team! This particular 6th grade team has been like this for years, and they still have 2 more years in the system....I believe it is time for this coach to step aside, his behavior has been questioned for years. I am sure he has had many complaints, that seem to go unanswered. SCGL is a venue for girls to develop as players, mature and learn the game...it isn't an elite travel program where you have to prove your the best of the best........take that to another field MC!
A town team program should be about the development of the player.......Middle Country 6th grade team I believe is no longer a town team, but a team filled with TG players......what are they accomplishing when they beat up on a true town team that is not filled with YJ or TG players....sad that a coach has an ego so big that they must win at the cost of the player, and the opposing team! This particular 6th grade team has been like this for years, and they still have 2 more years in the system....I believe it is time for this coach to step aside, his behavior has been questioned for years. I am sure he has had many complaints, that seem to go unanswered. SCGL is a venue for girls to develop as players, mature and learn the game...it isn't an elite travel program where you have to prove your the best of the best........take that to another field MC!

Actually you are wrong ,just because many if not most play travel is no reason to exclude them from scgl and they have a place which is in the A division which is where they are.Obviously ESM has no business being in the A division and her anger should be directed at whoever put them there.
Are you saying there are bay shore 6th grade kids playing both bay shore and mc. If that is the case that is wrong. What's up with that?

Actually you are wrong ,just because many if not most play travel is no reason to exclude them from scgl and they have a place which is in the A division which is where they are.Obviously ESM has no business being in the A division and her anger should be directed at whoever put them there.

My daughter plays for Middle Country and we have one girl on our team, ONE, who is not from Middle Country. Our coach is friends with her parents and when he found out she didn't have a place to play that matched her talent level he offered her a place to play. So you can all go on and try to put down the rest of the girls on our team who practice four times a week and give it everything they have, but we know it's just sour grapes. To say that we have been doing this for years is just a total lie! I have never once answered anything on this site, but could not control my anger at these lies. My daughter has been on this team for four years and this is the first time we have evr had a player not from Middle Country play in any Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse games with us.
Is scgl a PAL organization or a private league?
Maybe SCGL should play under the PAL umbrella....at least in PAL rules are followed, and there is zero tolerance for bad behavior on the sidelines from both coaches and parents....as for your "friend" that plays with MC and isn't a member of the community..........that should never be allowed, sorry MC your wrong and your behavior present and past is shameful....who cares how much you practice and how good you think you are, it is your arrogance and sideline behavior that people are referring to.....unethical to say the least!!!!!!!

My daughter plays for Middle Country and we have one girl on our team, ONE, who is not from Middle Country. Our coach is friends with her parents and when he found out she didn't have a place to play that matched her talent level he offered her a place to play. So you can all go on and try to put down the rest of the girls on our team who practice four times a week and give it everything they have, but we know it's just sour grapes. To say that we have been doing this for years is just a total lie! I have never once answered anything on this site, but could not control my anger at these lies. My daughter has been on this team for four years and this is the first time we have evr had a player not from Middle Country play in any Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse games with us.

Practice 4 times a week in 6th grade? Crazy!!!

Give me a break, he took her on your team because she is a good player ,if she were a lesser player she would not have been asked to play with you so stop the bs. I could not care less about the kid but have seen your stall mode which is a disgrace at the scgl 6 th grade level .I have also seen one of your players showing up the ref with horrible sportsmanship while your coach laughed.It is those type actions that make your coach look like a jerk. To have a team passing the ball back and run behind your own goal to stall when there is no checking or triple teaming the ball for 10-15 minutes is disgraceful.
you couldargue this point for hours should a town team be allowed to have other girls play for them? is it fair to the girls that live in that comunity? is it fair to the other teams they play? The bottom line is that this is happening and not just in mc but other programs as well. But when they get to high school they play with those girls in their community and playing together only makes the team stronger just one persons point of view
IMO. Town youth sports are the feeder programs for your Varsity teams. Ringers are only brought in because a coach wants little Suzie to win at all costs. In doing so they may win games at the Youth level but how does that translate to the HS level? Why any town team would want a player from another town to play on thier team and take potential playing time away from a girl that one day will play on their Varsity team is cheating every girl in the program.
this is perfect example why mid country doesnt win anything at varsity level

They have a record that is much better than a lot of other teams in Div 1 and play a very tough schedule. They also make the playoffs every year which again half of the teams do not do in Div 1. There is only one top team in Div 1 that makes it past counties. What about those teams that lose in playoffs, of which there will be 11? Are you only a "good" team if you get to a state final?

They have a record that is much better than a lot of other teams in Div 1 and play a very tough schedule. They also make the playoffs every year which again half of the teams do not do in Div 1. There is only one top team in Div 1 that makes it past counties. What about those teams that lose in playoffs, of which there will be 11? Are you only a "good" team if you get to a state final?

What is MC playoff record in the last 5 years? Do they last a couple of rounds or are they one and done?
over the past 4 or 5 years they end up around 8 seed, win first playoff game then end up playing bayshore or northport who typically are seeded#1 (that’s how it goes when seeded 8 or 9)- if they are seeded say higher or lower then better chance to win 2nd playoff game, or maybe 3rd - MC girls lax have had winning records past 4 or 5 years , make playoffs and do well - give it a break - this year they lost a few key players who graduated - they are a young team and again are in the top 8, what more can you say, they play in the toughest division and are successful...
over the past 4 or 5 years they end up around 8 seed, win first playoff game then end up playing bayshore or northport who typically are seeded#1 (that’s how it goes when seeded 8 or 9)- if they are seeded say higher or lower then better chance to win 2nd playoff game, or maybe 3rd - MC girls lax have had winning records past 4 or 5 years , make playoffs and do well - give it a break - this year they lost a few key players who graduated - they are a young team and again are in the top 8, what more can you say, they play in the toughest division and are successful...

Sounds like a nice team that competes with the middle of the pack, beats up on the bottom teams and can't get over the hump against the quality programs. So getting back to the original point of this thread.... It all starts at the youth level. Develope your town players and stop with the ringers and maybe you will get past the Bayshore's & Northport's in the second round.
last 5 years, barely a 500 team. only teams they beat regularly are brentwood, copaigue pat med, longwood, commack, these teams combined have 6 wins. never beat northport, ward melville, east islip, and other top teams
last 5 years, barely a 500 team. only teams they beat regularly are brentwood, copaigue pat med, longwood, commack, these teams combined have 6 wins. never beat northport, ward melville, east islip, and other top teams

Go hate on someone else. These hard-working varsity players have done nothing to you. Have a little self respect.
This has nothing to do with the Varsity players . It is a reflection of the youth issue of using ringers.

They had an impressive win when they beat West Islip earlier this year. The varsity team is very young with 4 eighth graders and two ninth graders who all came up through the youth program. They have several tenth graders including one of the top girls in the country and only a few upper classman, so the future looks pretty bright.
This has nothing to do with the Varsity players . It is a reflection of the youth issue of using ringers.

Sounds like sour grapes already. If winning and losing isn't that important to you, why do you continue to harp on it. How bad could they have beaten you? Let it go my friend. It's just little girls lacrosse.
[quote=Anonymous]This has nothing to do with the Varsity players . It is a reflection of the youth issue of using ringers.

Sounds like sour grapes already. If winning and losing isn't that important to you, why do you continue to harp on it. How bad could they have beaten you? Let it go my friend. It's just little girls lacrosse. [/quote

Cheating should not be tolerated even if score is not kept. You are correct it is little kids lacrosse so the lessons he teaches the kids on his team be it cheating is okay or win at all costs by stalling is wrong even if you feel the outcome does not matter.
Could you please stop bringing the girls into it they go out and practice hard every week and you look like a real a-- when u speak about kids as if they are cheaters.
Could you please stop bringing the girls into it they go out and practice hard every week and you look like a real a-- when u speak about kids as if they are cheaters.

No one said the girls are cheaters, the only ones that look like a-- are parents like yourself who let your kids be coached by someone who you know is teaching them the wrong things about sportsmanship.Yes stop bringing the girls into a conversation about suffolk county girls lacrosse, that makes sense.You want people to stop talking about your daughters team then dont play for a coach who cheats.
ok I am replying one last time and this is it. If you feed into this mess it only gets worse, but her is the truth the mc team has been undefeated for almost 4 yrs with only our town girls this yr a young lady needed a place to play so our coaches let her legally play with us. Now if thats not good enough u r a very sad person
ok I am replying one last time and this is it. If you feed into this mess it only gets worse, but her is the truth the mc team has been undefeated for almost 4 yrs with only our town girls this yr a young lady needed a place to play so our coaches let her legally play with us. Now if thats not good enough u r a very sad person

Undefeated for 4 years, how did you do in Riverhead last weekend at the charity tournament?
you bragg about being undefeated for the past 4 years, but your team is filled with TG players, so who is taking the credit for your wins TG coaches or MC coaches...MC just playing under a TG umbrella
you bragg about being undefeated for the past 4 years, but your team is filled with TG players, so who is taking the credit for your wins TG coaches or MC coaches...MC just playing under a TG umbrella

I don't have a horse in this race but if the MC kids on this team are good enough to play on TG and they are MC residents then good for them . They are doing nothing wrong just putting a solid team on the field. Many town teams are loaded with YJ & TG players . They are all just kids playing as much lax as possible. They can only play in the leagues that are available to them. It's only a youth town league don't make so much out of 11& 12 year old town teams being undefeated. It really doesn't matter till they step on the varsity field.
I 100 percent agree it was just to answer the fact that we took a new girl and by the way more yj kids then tg
If the kid was a bad player no way your coach invites the kid to play with middle country.Undefeated in 4 years again you make up non-sense.
Undefeated for 4 years , how did you do against Riverhead at the fundraiser game.
Undefeated for 4 years , how did you do against Riverhead at the fundraiser game.

oh boy, now drag the Riverhead girls into it.
The problem is with the husband and wife and her three kids coaching the youth program. they run the youth program like a cult. They wont allow anyone to coach or even help. The family refuses to allow anyone to lend a hand or even assist coaching. the enrollment has dropped to (1) one team for 1st and 2nd grade, (1) one team for 3rd and 4th grade. those numbers are pretty sad for a disrtict the size of middle Country. considering there are people who have actually played the sport offering to coach, and they are turned down is pretty alarming. This family is ruining the program.
wow. we have a family ruining our program too. sad that one family can do that isn't it.
Anyone hear if there will be a Jamboree this year?
BOTC has not been told about the Jamboree this year. Instead, there are plenty of town team options available for this summer season to replace the Jamboree in your schedule.

Heard this morning that SCGL was ready to go but had to cancel because nobody volunteered to host - waiting for official word from my town coordinator.

That is hysterical. Youre right MC lost to Riverhead in the Charity tournament. I guess the fact that they had no goalie for the first half, only showed up with ten kids, and two of them were fourth grade sisters had nothing to do with it. The MC team hasnt lost a regular season PAL game in six years.

That is hysterical. Youre right MC lost to Riverhead in the Charity tournament. I guess the fact that they had no goalie for the first half, only showed up with ten kids, and two of them were fourth grade sisters had nothing to do with it. The MC team hasnt lost a regular season PAL game in six years.

Talk about hysterical ,you are saying you have not lost a pal game since your kids where in kindergarten , what a tool.By the way call scgl you have now lost a pal game because you played with an illegal player who was not on your roster, go ahead I dare you to deny it , remember people have pictures and will gladly send them in. The only thing more annoying then your cheating is the fact that you come on hear bragging about it.The actual kids from middle country were not good enough to win a game so your coach goes out and gets kids from some other town to fill in.Too funny you bunch of clowns do not even come on hear and deny you cheated.

Talk about hysterical ,you are saying you have not lost a pal game since your kids where in kindergarten , what a tool.By the way call scgl you have now lost a pal game because you played with an illegal player who was not on your roster, go ahead I dare you to deny it , remember people have pictures and will gladly send them in. The only thing more annoying then your cheating is the fact that you come on hear bragging about it.The actual kids from middle country were not good enough to win a game so your coach goes out and gets kids from some other town to fill in.Too funny you bunch of clowns do not even come on hear and deny you cheated.

Again you misstate the facts and again i will correct you. We are not cheating and did add a player from Bay Shore who legally got a release from her program and was allowed by PAL or SCGL to play for Middle Country which she does. We have not lost an in-season game since my daughter joined the team as a 1st grader. If you want to exclude the last four or five games we played just to make you feel better about your daughter go ahead. If you would like to call the league you most certainly are welcome to.

The next time we come out to play in one of your charity events or to have bagels maybe you can show us all the pictures.
"The next time we come out to play in one of your charity events or to have bagels maybe you can show us all the pictures."

To whom are you referring?
"The next time we come out to play in one of your charity events or to have bagels maybe you can show us all the pictures."

To whom are you referring?

I wondered the same thing, sounds like he is referring to Riverhead because of the reference to the Charity tournament mentioned earlier.
I guess they lost!
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Are you answering questions from a month ago or on the wrong thread? Helps to quote the question. Thanks
What is going on with Suffolk County Girls lacrosse???
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Are you answering questions from a month ago or on the wrong thread? Helps to quote the question. Thanks
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Can you be just a little bit more specific??
I click on the website the other day and didn't get in. Wasnt there an blog a few weeks back that there was an issue between some of the guys.
ESM and SWR you mean
Riverhead?? Prob B or C

Can you be just a little bit more specific??
I click on the website the other day and didn't get in. Wasnt there an blog a few weeks back that there was an issue between some of the guys.

I'm sure you are just trying to stir the pot, but I'll answer anyway. The issue was about the 2014 team that broke away; there are you happy I said it?
Anyway... Click on the Suffolk County All-Stars link to the right under LI Clubs and you get right in.

I'm sure you are just trying to stir the pot, but I'll answer anyway. The issue was about the 2014 team that broke away; there are you happy I said it?
Anyway... Click on the Suffolk County All-Stars link to the right under LI Clubs and you get right in.

I'm not the one who asked the original question, but the link to the right is only for the All-Stars. He/she is correct that the main SCGL website - scgirlslax.com - is not working. Maybe they are finally updating it and replacing the 2004 team picture on the home page.
No, not trying to stir the pot, sorry to hear that, I hope it all works out. I coach a very young girls and use the Suffolk girls lax site and steer some of my families to it. It was "like" the PAL for girls.

Sorry if it brought up a bad feeling or old wounds. I was told the two were one in the same. I wasn't sure from what I read if the comments I saw impacted the youth league.

If they aren't affiliated and they're updating the site great. I just thought someone would have had the answers on here since there was never a true contact to get straight answers from anyway.

The SCGL website is still down - and doesn't even come up when you Google it (except for the directions page). Anybody know why? Thanks.
Okay we are all trying to get our rosters ready for the Spring. Is there going to be a site for the girls? Is there a change in who is running the program? PAL is for Boys only SCGL ran the girls for a bit but are they continuing for the girls youth.

No, not trying to stir the pot, sorry to hear that, I hope it all works out. I coach a very young girls and use the Suffolk girls lax site and steer some of my families to it. It was "like" the PAL for girls.

Sorry if it brought up a bad feeling or old wounds. I was told the two were one in the same. I wasn't sure from what I read if the comments I saw impacted the youth league.

If they aren't affiliated and they're updating the site great. I just thought someone would have had the answers on here since there was never a true contact to get straight answers from anyway.

Cage - Any insight on the status of SCGL. Seems to be a bunch of questions and their website has been down for months. Thanks
Cage - Any insight on the status of SCGL. Seems to be a bunch of questions and their website has been down for months. Thanks

Wish someone could set up a travel league, not so much for the big clubs but for individual teams to play spring or fall at a higher level than town ball.
Anyone have any info regarding Suffok Girls. I went to a meeting in December where a number of items were discussed. One was the website which still isn't running. Another was registration of teams which is supposed to begin tomorrow. Coordinators were told that they'd receive an email regarding place and time, but I have yet to hear. I've talked to other coordinators that have also heard nothing. Also no replys to many emails that have been sent. Does anyone have any info that they could pass along? Thanks.
I was under the impression that it was suppose to be 1/25 and 2/1. No email since the last meeting with info for the Town coordinators. Same story the last 2 years.
Could someone from BOTC please provide information regarding the Suffolk PAL round robin format for the much older and possibly younger girls. So much speculation and conspiracy theorists out there it would be help to see some factual information on it to put the potential for drama and controversy to rest before it even blooms.
Thanks in advance!
K-1 Teams have done round robin in SCGL for a few years. last season 16 teams participated. The idea for 7/8th grade to play a round robin format was brought up at the December meeting but no formal plans have been emailed to members.
Anyone have any info regarding Suffok Girls. I went to a meeting in December where a number of items were discussed. One was the website which still isn't running. Another was registration of teams which is supposed to begin tomorrow. Coordinators were told that they'd receive an email regarding place and time, but I have yet to hear. I've talked to other coordinators that have also heard nothing. Also no replys to many emails that have been sent. Does anyone have any info that they could pass along? Thanks.

Here's some info - get out of that mess and play Nassau PAL

How does a team/organization do that? Wish we could.

Your director has to reach out to NCPAL before next January and let them know you want to apply to enter the league. It's very simple just too late for this year. Schedules are almost completed for 2014

Your director has to reach out to NCPAL before next January and let them know you want to apply to enter the league. It's very simple just too late for this year. Schedules are almost completed for 2014

Simple to do yes, but not if your director is not willing to do so.

Simple to do yes, but not if your director is not willing to do so.

Then move to a town that does!
Could someone from BOTC please provide information regarding the Suffolk PAL round robin format for the much older and possibly younger girls. So much speculation and conspiracy theorists out there it would be help to see some factual information on it to put the potential for drama and controversy to rest before it even blooms.
Thanks in advance!

They are doing round robin games for 7/8. They have a meeting scheduled this Thursday to set up the schedule.
That seems like a very solid idea. These girls are torn between school ball, travel and PAL so this type of venue looks promising. With all their years with PAL, it is good to see that PAL was flexible and forward thinking in trying to support them finishing out their experience with their PAL teams. I wonder if boys will follow the same lead?
Thanks in advance!

They are doing round robin games for 7/8. They have a meeting scheduled this Thursday to set up the schedule.

What are round robin games?
Thanks in advance!

What are round robin games?

They would gather 3 or 4 teams in a location and play each other back to back. This would allow to games at the same time.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum