BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is FLG no longer playing Live Love Lax this fall? They were in and seemed to have dropped out

downside of one goalie and two subs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies at other age groups are good. 27’s are awful

starting next year they go to one team with 35 girls and rotate who attends per tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

starting next year they go to one team with 35 girls and rotate who attends per tournament

Not true. They will have two teams -- Navy and Yellow at the 25-27 age groups. Only age group with one team is 24s and that is because many of the committed girls no longer want to focus on club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I see results for Stick for Suzanne?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably a roster issue. The week of LLL is the week that jv/v basketball starts. Assuming a few players from their already small roster are playing up. I know their head coach coaches varsity. Team probably did not want to go with little players/no subs. This has to be an issue for many teams.
Not really all teams go with small rosters, Really feel bad for the kids that are all in on that team, they should move on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I see results for Stick for Suzanne?

Wasn't it a 7v7? Or did they go full-field this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some sick people sitting home desperately trying to find results for a laid back charity tournament they weren’t at!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 on 12 this year. But in reality. It’s fall ball. Who cares. The kids played and had fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day, great tourney. YJ beat Jesters but close game. Liberty black backed out so teams only had 2 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some sick people sitting home desperately trying to find results for a laid back charity tournament they weren’t at!!

Why is that sick? I asked because I would like to follow a certain team that we are considering moving my daughter to. Seems like I struck a nerve.

Stinks when a team backs out. Glad it was a success.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably a roster issue. The week of LLL is the week that jv/v basketball starts. Assuming a few players from their already small roster are playing up. I know their head coach coaches varsity. Team probably did not want to go with little players/no subs. This has to be an issue for many teams.
Not really all teams go with small rosters, Really feel bad for the kids that are all in on that team, they should move on.

Agreed. If my daughter was on that team and we backed out of one of the biggest fall tourneys, I would be beyond pissed. Curious if they will back out of Fall Draw the weekend before as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day, great tourney. YJ beat Jesters but close game. Liberty black backed out so teams only had 2 games.

“Liberty Black backed out” OR had previous commitments by their players and were NEVER signed up. So played a game that evening.

But like most posts on this site, just make up whatever fits your agenda and go with it. Once again, this site is GREAT for entertainment, but if you are a parent or player looking for guidance on what is good for your future, find people you respect who have been through the process and talk with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. They will have two teams -- Navy and Yellow at the 25-27 age groups. Only age group with one team is 24s and that is because many of the committed girls no longer want to focus on club.

From their website genius….”NOTE: 2027's will be going to 1 rotating rosters of 30 - 32 players for the 2024 Summer Season**

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t half of Liberty Black’s team leave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Liberty Black backed out” OR had previous commitments by their players and were NEVER signed up. So played a game that evening.

But like most posts on this site, just make up whatever fits your agenda and go with it. Once again, this site is GREAT for entertainment, but if you are a parent or player looking for guidance on what is good for your future, find people you respect who have been through the process and talk with them.

Honestly, I think everyone has a bias (positive or negative). Looking at game results and catching a game or even a practice if you can is the best way to get a feel for a team. People on here get weird about answering simple questions. If the results are listed online what’s the harm
In answering where someone can see it? There have been a ton of questions about Jesters and if they were able to field 4 full teams. Nobody would answer. If a club is growing getting that info out there should be important. If I went by the website for Jestwrs they only have 3 2027 teams. People need to be less sensitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm…nope. A few cuts were made and a few players were picked up. Solid, very athletic team. Thx ex-Liberty parent for stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. If my daughter was on that team and we backed out of one of the biggest fall tourneys, I would be beyond pissed. Curious if they will back out of Fall Draw the weekend before as well.

FLG has at least 3-4 girls that play varsity basketball and another 3-4 that will be playing JV basketball. First practice for JV and Varsity is November 19 and the girls need a specified number of practices to play in first game. They are in a Fall league and playing 2 other tournaments which should be enough for 12 and 13 year old girls that are not of recruiting age and play other sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG has at least 3-4 girls that play varsity basketball and another 3-4 that will be playing JV basketball. First practice for JV and Varsity is November 19 and the girls need a specified number of practices to play in first game. They are in a Fall league and playing 2 other tournaments which should be enough for 12 and 13 year old girls that are not of recruiting age and play other sports.

Don’t they have to try out first?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as that is what was committed to players and parents when they paid their $$. What it sounds like though is that FLG leadership originally committed to more high quality events to ameliorate parents. If that is true, parents have a legit concern and should be demanding that the club brings in some quality guest players.

Hopefully, FLG is almost telling any of these players who are skipping fall tourneys that once recruiting starts in high school, that fall tourneys are no longer optional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We talking about practice not a game not a game not a game we talking about practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently not!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently not!!!

To be fair, with all the summer league basketball games (with full coaching). Tryouts are pretty irrevelevant. Coaches know who they want on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently not!!!

To be fair, with all the summer league basketball games (with full coaching). Tryouts are pretty irrevelevant. Coaches know who they want on the team.

They have some tall athletic girls on that team, can see a few playing high school hoops but half the roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about what other kids or flg is doing, worry about your own kids and team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently not!!!

They have some tall athletic girls on that team, can see a few playing high school hoops but half the roster?

It only takes 3 or so kids who can't play a tourney when the roster is a short as that one is and then you can't field a team....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which Jesters team? I can’t find info if they were able to
field the 4 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t half of Liberty Black’s team leave?

Or not a single player left the team from their own decision! Know a few new players who joined this year as well.

Liberty Black seems to be another team out there that girls love playing for. An athletic group that seem to be getting better and better.

Similar with FLG it seems where the team just enjoys playing with each other and avoids a lot of the drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on with Empire????? I have a void in my soul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is so last year. You gotta Feel the Teal!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quick poll for all folks with kids at LI clubs

How often during the fall does your club actually practice? And what % of the team actually attends?

Trying to see if our club is the normal or not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How often during the fall does your club actually practice? And what % of the team actually attends?

Twice a week and only a few no shows per practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once and few to none no shows. Sowing practices will go to twice a week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find a team that matches your daughter's desire. If your daughter only wants to play lacrosse, find a team that practices two to three times in the fall and all of the girls are committed to that as well.

If your daughter enjoys playing multiple sports and her practice time in the Fall of 8th grade for lacrosse is only one day a week and her teammates have similar schedules, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact some may argue for injury prevention and lack of burn out, that playing other sports is more beneficial.

So some Clubs practice as much as three days in the Fall and some only one, but most competitive programs ramp up in the Spring and expect full participation multiple days a week. But then also remember that most girls in the Spring have a stick in their hand SEVEN days a week with school ball as well.

Don’t always have to buy into more is better. You know your daughter better than anyone. Don’t worry what others are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boring….BE MORE FUNNY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently not!!!

High school Winter season starts Nov 14 and it’s a 6 day a week commitment. Will be difficult for middle schoolers playing up to attend a Saturday tourney after that date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently not!!!

High school Winter season starts Nov 14 and it’s a 6 day a week commitment. Will be difficult for middle schoolers playing up to attend a Saturday tourney after that date.

How many lax tournaments are after Nov 14th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots of travel kids play varsity sports. It all works out somehow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find a team that matches your daughter's desire. If your daughter only wants to play lacrosse, find a team that practices two to three times in the fall and all of the girls are committed to that as well.

If your daughter enjoys playing multiple sports and her practice time in the Fall of 8th grade for lacrosse is only one day a week and her teammates have similar schedules, there is nothing wrong with that. In fact some may argue for injury prevention and lack of burn out, that playing other sports is more beneficial.

So some Clubs practice as much as three days in the Fall and some only one, but most competitive programs ramp up in the Spring and expect full participation multiple days a week. But then also remember that most girls in the Spring have a stick in their hand SEVEN days a week with school ball as well.

Don’t always have to buy into more is better. You know your daughter better than anyone. Don’t worry what others are doing.

As someone who has been through the process, I will sat this.

Once you get past 7th or 8th grade, team practices have less and less impact. Girls get much better from small group lessons and clinics.

I guarantee you that girls who are on clubs like YJ who barely practice once a week will usually be getting more reps a week than many girls on clubs who practice 2-3x a week due to private training for both stick work and speed/strength.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Queen of the Island fall 2022 for 2027 goes to non LI teams…how embarrassing!! Top LI teams drop out/don’t atrend and then stack lower teams and still can’t get it done. At least Legacy represented in their division . Sad day for LI 2027 girls lacrosse.

Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard