BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,768
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 112 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I see the US Club lax rankings are finalized. Two teams in top-10 that didn't play anyone? Only had 10 games on their record? Seems inappropriate to include them.

Even if they were top 10 talent...which they aren't....I agree. 10 games shouldn't put you in top 10. Looking at S.O.S they aren't even at 90. Gotta be 92 plus to be considered.

95 and above elite schedule strength. 92 to 94 really tough. 90-92 strong. 85 to 89 is low to mid level B strength. Less than 85 low rec level schedule.

LBC and Prime Time should be ahead.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC and Pride should be higher. MD United and Prime Time should be lower.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC and Pride should be higher. MD United and Prime Time should be lower.

Who should be above MDU and Prime Time, and what's the justification?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride for starters. Pride beat Prime Time twice in the last two tourneys and beat MDU in NGLL. Prime Time is way overrated BTW. Should be:

LBC
Pride
MD United
Prime Time

8, 9, and 10 deserve some scrutiny as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings don't weight the games, meaning Pride beating PT is factored into the math, but so is Pride losing to NEMS and NXT.
Prime Time lost by 1 and by 2 so they played them tight, same with MDU (lost by 2).

They are all right there together, which is what the rankings show. You are splitting hairs arguing that 14th ranked Pride should move up to 12.

I do agree that Prime Time is slightly overrated though, they don't have a signature win. Only lost by 2 to Eagle Stix, and by 1 to YJ A, that's prob their most impressive game result.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC, someone said they added quite a few new girls, is that true? If so, where did they come from? And where did those that were on team go to?
Can they break into the mid tier of the 2027 A?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC, someone said they added quite a few new girls, is that true? If so, where did they come from? And where did those that were on team go to?

They are a Mid level B team....on their best day. If they played mid level A teams like MDU or Coppermine they would get smoked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a Mid level B team....on their best day. If they played mid level A teams like MDU or Coppermine they would get smoked.

You're being generous. They only have one 2027 team this year and I think a lot of the players are from last year's B team. If they play in the A they will likely not win a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So TCL went from two teams to just one? Maybe that's where the new players are from as you state? Where did the old players go?
Is the TLC website updated with 2022-2023 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So TCL went from two teams to just one? Maybe that's where the new players are from as you state? Where did the old players go?
Is the TLC website updated with 2022-2023 team?

I believe their top 3 went SWB. Not sure about the rest.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a bunch went to the new Coppermine B team (2027 Blue). Website is updated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC is an interesting program.

Historically they were a very good high school A level program but as clubs started elementary/early middle school teams they never followed and their pipeline dried up. Note, they still have some good individual talent at HS level but not elite teams.

Lots of girls start at tlc but bounce for SW / nems / Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their best two players went to SW. They will be much worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC is an interesting program.

Historically they were a very good high school A level program but as clubs started elementary/early middle school teams they never followed and their pipeline dried up. Note, they still have some good individual talent at HS level but not elite teams.

Lots of girls start at tlc but bounce for SW / nems / Coppermine.

TLC should combine w Crush , there is a perry hall connection with the new middle school director and current Mercy coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tlc is in trouble and look no further then them bringing in DK and the Redshirt remains.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know when TLC "fell", they used to be up there with M&D & Skywalkers. What happened? You can see a drastic change in their recruiting since the 2020 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know when TLC "fell", they used to be up there with M&D & Skywalkers. What happened? You can see a drastic change in their recruiting since the 2020 class.

Its been happening slowly over time. Now that girls are playing club earlier and earlier TLC is getting hurt by not starting until 6th or 7th grade. If TLC wants to be competitive long-tems, they need to have travel teams are 3/4th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a clear separation of the clubs that formed teams early (3rd grad, with some 2nd graders playing up on 3rd grade teams) and those that waited until 4th-5th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a clear separation of the clubs that formed teams early (3rd grad, with some 2nd graders playing up on 3rd grade teams) and those that waited until 4th-5th grade.

Insane girls are playing club lax in 2nd or 3rd grade,
Many will likely burn out like soccer who also start that young

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please.
Clubs like TLC are keeping more kids playing rec.
Club is unaffordable/not realistic for many.
Cant kids just play rec for a few years?

As for those superstars in grade 7? They’ve been overtaken by late
Bloomers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please.

Bloomers.

Lots of TLC talk lately. I assume bad press is better than no press. Especially for a low level B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please.

Bloomers.

The idea that the top 7th grade girls are going to get overtaken by girls who aren't productive in 7th grade is a total fallacy. Is there an exception, sure, a few, but for most part, the dominant girls this summer will be dominant in summer before Junior season.

Remember, colleges used to offer girls in 8th grade until rule changes, most girls are physically peaked by 14 in terms of size. Its not like boys where they can change over one summer in soph season.

Yes, there is plenty of time to improve and learn the game and get better, but great players usually don't fade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Shore doesn't seem to have their rosters up, odd as M&D has their black and red and schools, etc.

M&D Shore able to field a full team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been kind of quiet this fall on the 27 thread. Hopefully all teams are back at it and gearing up for fall tournaments. Wishing all the girls a fun healthy season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be an interesting year after a decent amount of movement

Wonder how many who jumped will be happy in long run, hopefully all of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been kind of quiet this fall on the 27 thread. Hopefully all teams are back at it and gearing up for fall tournaments. Wishing all the girls a fun healthy season.
Don't expect much out of the Fall season when 1/3 of the girls have other sports obligations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be an interesting year after a decent amount of movement

Wonder how many who jumped will be happy in long run, hopefully all of them

I gotta say, I saw more growth from 6th to 7th then at any point, girls last year were taller, faster, shots more accurate, etc. Wonder if we see any big jump here? It was night and day from 6th grade imo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't expect much out of the Fall season when 1/3 of the girls have other sports obligations.

This is true amongst the middle tier teams. The reason the very top teams stay on top is because they prioritize Lax even in the fall.

It's not to say girls aren't also enjoying soccer or field hockey as well. But to think the top teams will be missing more than 1 or 2 per tournament would be false. That's why they are the top teams.

The conflicts happen in practice more than tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true amongst the middle tier teams. The reason the very top teams stay on top is because they prioritize Lax even in the fall.

It's not to say girls aren't also enjoying soccer or field hockey as well. But to think the top teams will be missing more than 1 or 2 per tournament would be false. That's why they are the top teams.

The conflicts happen in practice more than tournaments

I know Heros Green has quite a few girls that play high level competitive soccer. They absolutely are soccer first in the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the movement I know of:

M&D added 4 (3 NEMS 1 FCA)
Hero's Green added 2 (2 MDU)
LBC added 3 (unknown)
NEMS added 7 (3 Crush 2 HLC 2 unknown)
Hero's White added 8 (1 M&D 2 Rebels 1 Renegades 1 BLC 1 HoCo 2 unknown)
M&D Red 2 added (1 HoCo 1 Coppermine)

Don't know about Coppermine (rosters not updated) and Pride, Stars, MDU, Integrity, FCA as they don't appear to have rosters on site.

Not sure LBC or NEMS got better with what I know. Hero's Green and M&D still going to be 1-2 or 2-1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC added 3 (unknown)

Don't know about Coppermine (rosters not updated) and Pride, Stars, MDU, Integrity, FCA as they don't appear to have rosters on site.

Not sure LBC or NEMS got better with what I know. Hero's Green and M&D still going to be 1-2 or 2-1.

Only other team that can hang with those 2 is BLC....not sure of their changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, not sure BLC has updated rosters online. BLC does not go past 8th grade correct? Many will go to Capital? I am not sure why a player would leave a club to go to LBC for one season only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC added 3 (unknown)

No one from BLC went to Hero's White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC added 3 (unknown)

Ok, she went from BLC to Next Level to Hero's White technically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC added 3 (unknown)

Ok, she went from BLC to Next Level to Hero's White technically.

Ok. Not sure who she is then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will consistently be #1. They added major talent. Green is net neutral at best and may have taken a step back defensively.

Then there's the fact that M.M will continue to out coach all 4-5 coaches on the Hero's sideline. (I mean that with no malintent. Its facts)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will consistently be #1. They added major talent. Green is net neutral at best and may have taken a step back defensively.

Then there's the fact that M.M will continue to out coach all 4-5 coaches on the Hero's sideline. (I mean that with no malintent. Its facts)

Drink much? Hero's easily leapfrogs M&D this year. We should have been #1 this year. Flawed rankings system

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC added 3 (unknown)

SWB added 7 good / very good players and removed gaps while adding much needed depth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drink much? Hero's easily leapfrogs M&D this year. We should have been #1 this year. Flawed rankings system

We? Unless if you’re a player or coach you didn’t do anything to help on the field. Need to separate and not live though kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside opinion. Played both last year. Heros is a better team.

Page 65 of 112 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard