BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 112 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Did LBC lose any players?"

My kid was at AU, evidently they lost their top player, not sure to where. Not sure if they lost more.

BA at MDU made the usual promise & offered tuition $ to move over. Disagree who the “top” player is but this is a usual move from MDU at this age. It never pans out at recruiting time but sure hoping that won’t end up being the case again here. I think the better choice would’ve been to stay at LBC now that they are part of M&D and everything they can offer once recruiting time occurs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair enough. They got one from MDR and another that is only in her second year but a great athlete and will be a great player. Honestly, I think it’s 80% coaching, and this will be the coaches second year with the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Never pans out at recruiting time", sorry LBC mom, you sound bitter.

Just think about three things:

1) LBC brand was so weak that changing it to M&D Shore is considered a plus.
2) The M&D umbrella will now be juggling recruiting for about 20 kids on M&D Black, 20 kids on M&D Red and now 20 more kids on M&D Shore. You really think those M&D Shore kids are going to be high on their list?
3) LBC coach obviously has a reputation. Her sideline antics cannot be ignored and its a bad look for the team and organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, beg to differ. Would love to see who you think the top 10 are.

Not in order, but for NGLL teams:

Heros Green
M&D Black
BLC
LBC
NEMS
Integrity
Skywalkers Blue
MD United
Coppermine
Pride

FCA would struggle against any one of these teams.

Sometimes just being a good team is not a bad thing. If FCA were in a different geographical area, they might be a top 5-7 team. But they happen to play in an area where there are some really talented teams. It's not a slight to be a top 12-15 team in the DMV. It just means they are not ever going to challenge the top teams.

They seem to be a pretty good bunch of kids. They won the NGLL B Division of the Mid-Atlantic. That's pretty cool. But sometimes you need to understand your comfort zone. And trading punches with the likes of the top dogs in the DMV is not a playground you want to make a living in if you aren't of that caliber.

And yes, if they played a 48 minute game against M&D or Hero's...they would get pummeled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“And yes”? You lost me there. Thought we were talking about top 10 not top 7 or 5 or 2. Say what you want, but I wouldn’t assume SW Blue and Coppermine deserve to be top 10 in August.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“And yes”? You lost me there. Thought we were talking about top 10 not top 7 or 5 or 2. Say what you want, but I wouldn’t assume SW Blue and Coppermine deserve to be top 10 in August.
Same with NEMS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same with NEMS.

Who would you put over those three? FCA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Coppermine and NEMS no longer in Top-10, who knocked them out?

Certainly not Hero's White.
CClax, FCA, Renegades?

Obviously NEMS lost talent, same with Coppermine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is it’s August. So we’ll find out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I certainly also wouldn't assume FCA is going to be in the top 10 in August, which is what you're doing. More likely Coppermine and SWB will stay there than FCA moves there. FCA did not do well when they were in A league, and they recently lost their best player by far, the goalie.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Coppermine and NEMS no longer in Top-10, who knocked them out?

Certainly not Hero's White.
CClax, FCA, Renegades?

Obviously NEMS lost talent, same with Coppermine?

SWB added some good talent. I don’t think Coppermine lost anything that would change their status. They added two girls from Heros White that are decent. The big question is NEMS. They lost their top three - is that enough to drop them? I wouldn’t say it is until we see them play this fall. So for me, top 10 in MD stay as listed above. A B team is not going to crack the top 10 anytime soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top-10 is an interesting debate, Top-5 is also interesting. M&D Heros and BLC just have the top-3 locked down, and have for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard NEMS picked up some good talent, so not a big dropoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting...from where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren't getting back what they lost. I can promise you that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren't getting back what they lost. I can promise you that.

Correct.

But the demise isn't as great as hoped by the Coppermine crowd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly don’t think Coppermine cares for a NEMS demise. Most of those girls are friends and they seem to like the competition between the two clubs. Having more competitive clubs is better for the area and sport to grow. I hope this 22-23 year is very competitive and a healthy year for all involved. After all we are talking about 8th graders. But it has been interesting to see as much movement as some on here seem to know of. I appreciate all of their knowledge and enjoy it more than the [Censored] talking by some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is dying to be relevant and overtake NEMS.
They care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They care.

LOL. Are you the parent of the former Coppermine girl who got kicked off the team mid season and went to NEMS? Coppermine is pretty non offensive at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They care.

LOL. Are you the parent of the former Coppermine girl who got kicked off the team mid season and went to NEMS? Coppermine is pretty non offensive at this age.

Agree… LOL… Coach JL cares zero about anyones demise. She’s too good of a coach for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams if not all are concerned with themselves getting better or not losing their top players to another team and aren’t hoping for the demise of other teams. That original comment was unnecessary. Remember there is nothing wrong with being on a good team and not number one because there can only be one #1. We all hope to be #1 but understand many more won’t be than will be. Find the best fit for your daughter- that’s the most important part for her to improve and enjoy the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that M&D grabbed the FCA goalie, how much does that hurt FCA who now will be playing in A division I assume?

Is there anyone going to surprise in 2023?

Interested to see how the LBC, Integrity, MDU teams shake out, all are right there in the 5-10 range.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We won’t really know how good or bad anyone is until spring, fall is a mess w new teams learning to gel and girls missing for soccer.

Enjoy the ride!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We won’t really know how good or bad anyone is until spring, fall is a mess w new teams learning to gel and girls missing for soccer.

Enjoy the ride!

We will have an idea. Across the top 6 or 7 teams, MDU and Coppermine are the only teams with multiple starters who play travel soccer. And I believe one of MD's top players just quit travel soccer for the upcoming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s why people are predicting. Some can make some pretty accurate ones based on this information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams if not all are concerned with themselves getting better or not losing their top players to another team and aren’t hoping for the demise of other teams. That original comment was unnecessary. Remember there is nothing wrong with being on a good team and not number one because there can only be one #1. We all hope to be #1 but understand many more won’t be than will be. Find the best fit for your daughter- that’s the most important part for her to improve and enjoy the game.

Spoken like a true #2.

With that type of attitude you’ll always be the bridesmaid too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true #2.

2nd Responder is probably a parent living through their daughter. First is realistic in there is only one #1 and always pushing your daughter to be #1 may not always be beneficial. I personally saw many of my friends stop playing because they lost theU love of the game. Even my husband quit in college because he no longer loved the game and pressure of his parents. Granted it wasn’t D1 like myself but the point is that if there’s more pressure from parents, less support and a loss of love for the game your daughter may end up walking away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd Responder is probably a parent living through their daughter. First is realistic in there is only one #1 and always pushing your daughter to be #1 may not always be beneficial. I personally saw many of my friends stop playing because they lost theU love of the game. Even my husband quit in college because he no longer loved the game and pressure of his parents. Granted it wasn’t D1 like myself but the point is that if there’s more pressure from parents, less support and a loss of love for the game your daughter may end up walking away.[/quote]

love the self serving selfish jabs in there Mrs. D1 - fact is you might have played D1 but no matter how much or little you played - this probably is really about you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true #2.

Rather be a bridesmaid than marry the wrong person, like your wife did. You actually sound like a #2 💩

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd Responder is probably a parent living through their daughter. First is realistic in there is only one #1 and always pushing your daughter to be #1 may not always be beneficial. I personally saw many of my friends stop playing because they lost theU love of the game. Even my husband quit in college because he no longer loved the game and pressure of his parents. Granted it wasn’t D1 like myself but the point is that if there’s more pressure from parents, less support and a loss of love for the game your daughter may end up walking away.

love the self serving selfish jabs in there Mrs. D1 - fact is you might have played D1 but no matter how much or little you played - this probably is really about you.[/quote]

Exactly. In what context was mentioning you played D1 important to the post? I assume you mentioning your D1 exploits is to hide your disappointment in your daughters underwhelming team.

I assume you mention your D1 accolades to your daughter frequently. Therefore probably causing her to quit in a few years....never able to reach mommy's incredible athletic achievement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess, Mr. #2, is you’re the most un-athletic individual and your jealous of anyone that’s played in college, because you think your “soon to be 8th grader” is going to be the 💩. Don’t forget, college coaches recruit parents too and you sound like a winner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. It’s just I don’t try to passively bring up my D1 experience like you do pathetic self righteous cad. Clearly your lack of humility shines thru.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is she was saying the pressure is there at all levels. Her friends were D1 level and husband either D2 or D3. Her point is that if it’s not your child’s goal and dream to play in college then the added pressure from adults can be a bit overwhelming. The suicides by college athletes recently proves that point. Let the kids decide at what level they want to play and work to reach. Everyone wants to be their best and win but that isn’t always enough to enjoy the sport enough to continue to play. Playing at a high level requires a lot of discipline, commitment, time, sacrifices and most importantly love for the game. There is no reason to act childish on here. The same people you talk bad about of here could be the same person you enjoy seeing on the sidelines and I’m sure you all would act this way face to face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're going call someone a bridesmaid when they right a realistic post...what does that make you for your comment? A self righteous...?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the real problem with kids / parents and realistic expectations...

The truth is 70-75% of the girls on these "clubs" are not club players. The fact that the system of localized rec lacrosse has been annihilated, every kid now plays on a "club" team. And really it is unfair to both the kid and parent.

Instead of paying $150 for a rec season, now parents are dishing out 2K plus for a club team that isn't any better than a glorified rec team. Parents want to get that sticker on the back of their car showing (insert name) Lacrosse Program. But once their daughter joins said team, they think they have a pathway into becoming the next Charlotte North.

It's a shame. Because some rec programs used to be pretty good. Now, they really don't exist in the DMV.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. It’s just I don’t try to passively bring up my D1 experience like you do pathetic self righteous cad. Clearly your lack of humility shines thru.

Reality is that 80% of parents (especially females) who played D1 25-30 years ago would have ZERO chance at playing nowdays. The level of play and athleticism is so much higher.

As a former coach, almost without exception, the most unrealistic parents were the ones who played D1 themselves and have been away from the game for 20+ years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former coach, almost without exception, the most unrealistic parents were the ones who played D1 themselves and have been away from the game for 20+ years.
Yes. It’s an epidemic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents who used to play and transitioned to reffing and coaching know this.

The ones who haven't been around the game for 20 years have no clue how the game has changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know what you all are talking about. My daughter will be starting as a freshman at UNC or UMD in 2028. No question about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Certainly the game has changed and our society, with kids more athletic and getting more coaching and strength training and more chances to play but....

remember what those old wooden sticks were like? Girls today would struggle using that as opposed to their GAIT stick. There's a reason why the top-14 single season goalie save % were all over 20 years ago.

Also, aren't there more teams (players) in D1 now than 25 years ago?

Page 63 of 112 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard