BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 63 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 62 63
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is crabs 2029 happening this year?

Yes. 28s from Crabs are starting to hold back to the 29s. A little earlier than the normal Crab holdback schedule but there will be a team.

I hear the whole 28 team is moving down, and the 27’s to 28. Helps make room for the 26’s to move down now that the 25’s are all coming in from Florida and Texas. Crabs should compete right away at 29 next year. It’s a great strategy they have. Can’t knock it.

Exactly. It is a good model and has been for years. Crabs are a top team that everyone wants to play for. And please, dont act like you wouldnt want to wear the Crabs Helmet and Jersey into a game. Iron sharpens Iron !

You obviously missed the sarcasm. It’s a pathetic model knuckle head. A club that literally encourages holding back in school for youth sports is pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so funny. Grown people talking about 11 year olds and speaking as though it’s their livelihood that’s on the line. Let the kids play. It’s so ridiculous how grown adults have created a culture of unrealistic dreams and promises and are using children yes children as pawns in your messed up mind games and personal fantasies. If you want a trophy of accolades you can brag about I will be more that happy to send one. I will even create a cv for you will everything you would have wanted to win. Read these posts through someone else’s eyes. Read this thread through you son’s eyes and ask yourself what they would think. Oh and just to let you know I am not one of these parents on a team that loses just they complete opposites part of a team with a highly successful track record.

11 year olds? Based on much of the chatter in this thread I guess that depends on which team you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess I wasted my money on the CRABS tryout. New coaching staff had a lot of energy, but very few players. Just got communication and 2029's aren't listed. Terrible communication on what is going on...........................

Thanks for interest in Crab Lacrosse and attending tryouts this week.
Coaches will let players know, either way, for the 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2030 teams by Wednesday July 20.

2033, 2032 and 2031 teams will have their make- up tryout on Thursday July 21st
2033-2032 5pm-6pm on Keeney Field
2031 530pm - 630pm on Connor Field

Enjoy your weekend and good luck to those that are playing this weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess I wasted my money on the CRABS tryout. New coaching staff had a lot of energy, but very few players. Just got communication and 2029's aren't listed. Terrible communication on what is going on...........................

Coaches will let players know, either way, for the 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2030 teams by Wednesday July 20.

If you make the team, you will be happy with Club and what it brings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so funny. Grown people talking about 11 year olds and speaking as though it’s their livelihood that’s on the line. Let the kids play. It’s so ridiculous how grown adults have created a culture of unrealistic dreams and promises and are using children yes children as pawns in your messed up mind games and personal fantasies. If you want a trophy of accolades you can brag about I will be more that happy to send one. I will even create a cv for you will everything you would have wanted to win. Read these posts through someone else’s eyes. Read this thread through you son’s eyes and ask yourself what they would think. Oh and just to let you know I am not one of these parents on a team that loses just they complete opposites part of a team with a highly successful track record.

Just because your child does not show the hunger for elite play doesnt mean our sons dont. Many of us push because we know the end results

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you make the team, you will be happy with Club and what it brings.

My son attended as well and numbers for 2029's were extremely low. I didn't get the communication above, however I don't see how they will have enough for a 2029 team unless they take over another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because your child does not show the hunger for elite play doesnt mean our sons dont. Many of us push because we know the end results
Push. Instead of letting them do it at their pace and have fun while doing it, instead of tired and overworked and trained. But whatever. To each his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for my son to try for 2029 club teams. Was looking at Koopers, but understand they are now apart of True Lacrosse? Any advice on True Baltimore program or are there two programs now True Baltimore and True Koopers?

Thanks for any insight...........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for my son to try for 2029 club teams. Was looking at Koopers, but understand they are now apart of True Lacrosse? Any advice on True Baltimore program or are there two programs now True Baltimore and True Koopers?

Thanks for any insight...........

Supposedly they are going to remain different.

The answer to your question is really: what do you and your son want to get out of club play? Has anyone impartially assessed his performance so far?

The lower level 1/3 of clubs (True Baltimore, great example) are really rec-level play "with a club experience"......and with club costs. The upper 1/3 of clubs are skilled, athletic and pretty well coached...mostly kids who will start in middle school next year. Middle third also have skilled players but questionable depth, these kids will play (or at least make roster) at their middle schools.

Take a peek at the Howard County Lacrosse League Standings (google search) for Spring 2022. Click on 2029, regular season, then Elite, AAA, AA, and A (lowest).

See their websites, see what you like (and how their websites differ from their game results lol). Don't overthink the decision, it's only a year. Try your best to figure out the best fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get a '31 and '32 forum, please?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please explain what THE END RESULT is when you push? Is it scholarships, money, social status, just want to clarify what you mean by THE END RESULT. I never mentioned anything about hunger or being pushed or hunger for elite play. I think many kids strive for that. I was commenting on how adults on this thread act and represent their children and the sport of lacrosse. At recent tournaments I have seen parents screaming to their kids with the most degrading, embarrassing, and irresponsible way. Things I have heard .... "You are lazy get you butt moving!" (While kid was on the field playing). Walking off the field after winning "You F!@#ing stunk today! I can't F!@(^ing believe you played like that". If this is ok and acceptable to you so be it. I want to leave this on a positive note. Lacrosse is about growing the game. I have seen great relationships build among boys from many teams across Maryland that have recognized each other from tournaments for their play and have acknowledged each other on the field. It's about them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Large corporate clubs have said similar things before. Look at some of the corporate club’s previous acquisitions and “partnerships.”

Make sure you know what team your son is trying out for and who the coaches are. Does the old coach have real roster authority? Keep emails. Hold the company accountable for bait and switch.

Parents think their kids are trying out for the old, same respected club they used to play for.

These large corporate clubs may even hold separate tryouts. They may make promises and even schedule tryouts at different times and places. Promise they will
keep the coaches.

But they won’t tell you those old coaches have no say over their roster or cuts.

Then they take 14 kids who tried out for the old respected club and combine it with 8 kids who tried out for their corporate club team from a separate tryout.

And because the tryouts are held later in the summer than most teams, your son will have few options. Play for our corporate team, or go somewhere else. But they can dangle state, regional and national teams….you can pay extra for…

Parents need to ask questions up front and hold these companies accountable for bait and switches.

Buyer be VERY aware. Have a backup option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait is Crabs actually having younger teams this year?

Their third grade teams entered Hoco last year and won 1 game. I think they pulled their second graders out of hoco after week 3. They lost the first two games by a combined 32-0. Sheesh. Stick to rec, kids. The crabs aren’t really worth the time until 7th-8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the tryout insight..............

Just curious, from a competivitve standpoint, who are the top 2029 teams in Baltimore County? Not looking to travel outside of Baltimore County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA, distant second LTLC. Tie for 3rd: HLC, predators

Unknown: Koopers new roster.

Everybody else: Fancy Rec Ball.

Avoid: True Baltimore, Team 91.......both stink, no indication either has figured out a solution (most of 91 left for Predators last year). True is coached by the Mastermind who blew up Crabs 2029.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, from a competivitve standpoint, who are the top 2029 teams in Baltimore County? Not looking to travel outside of Baltimore County.

FCA
LTLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I saw that the LTLC tryouts are this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck! The clubs mentioned have strong parent dynamics so I'd suggest you get a good look at what you're signing on for with all of them. They all have their pluses and minuses. Some more so than others!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA
LTLC

91 lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree take a close look at the sidelines. iI's not only what you see on the field but also what you see off the field the supports the developement of players. Many positives and somethings are questionable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree take a close look at the sidelines. iI's not only what you see on the field but also what you see off the field the supports the developement of players. Many positives and somethings are questionable.

Be ready to take a knee for fca.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be ready to take a knee for fca.

Take a knee??? What exactly does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you elaborate? Don’t want to join a club with those negative dynamics…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you elaborate? Don’t want to join a club with those negative dynamics…

If I was reading between the lines here I would guess that is referring to parent dynamics. There is no perfect club, my kid has been playing for four years and every year and team is different. Sometimes you get a great group of families and other times you do not—some clubs may have these issues more than others but if they do it usually goes back to poor communication or unrealistic expectations. You will hear many complain about Coaches who have kids on the team but I think that issue is often overblown.

My suggestion is go to a few tryouts talk to the coaches and talk to some of the parents who had kids on the team already, you should get a good feel for what you are signing up for if you get an offer. Also look at past results for those teams, past success or lack thereof may confirm what you get out of those interactions with the coaches and parents.

Lastly take everything you read on this page with a grain of salt, some people on here are just bashing other programs with limited or biased information. It is not uncommon for views on here to be slanted because of bad interactions with opposing parents at a tough fought game, we all root for our kids teams and sometimes in too close proximity and things are said that lead to a perception that this team is full of bad apples which may not always be a fair assessment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations!!!! You just described every club out there. All teams have their issues in some shape or form.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations!!!! You just described every club out there. All teams have their issues in some shape or form.

Correct. There is no perfect club or team. Your gonna have to make concessions. Coaching style is what we look for. We prefer accountability, which a lot of coaches are afraid to do these days. Too afraid little Johnny will jump ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Preds, FCA, and Crabs 2029 tryouts look so far? Any movement? How many tryout players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Preds, FCA, and Crabs 2029 tryouts look so far? Any movement? How many tryout players?

Is crabs even fielding a 29 team? They seem to be falling apart at years 2027 and below

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds about 35-40.......50% current players (former T91), 25% current T91, 25% assorted rec club players (LTLC, Kelly Post, Forest Hill, various True teams etc). A few Crabs, not many. A few FCA.

FCA about 40-50, wide assortment of helmets but current players (50% of tryout kids) need only attend one session. Not expecting much turnover.

Crabs about 0, no 2029 team since the last coach ran off all the parents and kids a year ago.

91........starts today I believe

Koopers.........starts today I believe

Rec Clubs - not sure of status........LTLC, KP, Claws, Forest Hill

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people seeing a lot of 2028 holdbacks at 2029 tryouts? Just curious....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight on Team 91 MD 2029 team? Got an offer, but wasn't my sons first choice. Are a lot of people leaving or are they going to be improved?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the value you get with a club like Predators, FCA, or 91 vs. LTLC??

First time walking through this process and the sticker price at LTLC seems much more valuable for what you get.

Thanks for any input......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to piggyback on your question but as a dad new to all this I’d appreciate any info as to what the price tag is (roughly) of LTLC or any other travel lacrosse teams in the area.

Just for club dues, are we talking around $3,000/year? Are there really significant price differences between clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to piggyback on your question but as a dad new to all this I’d appreciate any info as to what the price tag is (roughly) of LTLC or any other travel lacrosse teams in the area.

Just for club dues, are we talking around $3,000/year? Are there really significant price differences between clubs?

You may want to ask the clubs specifically but I think I Kelly post or LTLC will run you less than $1000, where as most other clubs being $2k+ at this age group. I’ve heard predators is extremely expensive but I don’t have a kid playing there so can’t confirm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight on Team 91 MD 2029 team? Got an offer, but wasn't my sons first choice. Are a lot of people leaving or are they going to be improved?

A year ago, almost the entire team left, with over half going to Predators. Another half of this past year's 91 team was trying out for Predators last week. I'm sure they have spots!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team was he hoping for? t91 probably remains at bottom of Elite group, that isn’t horrible but if other option is a AAA team that has a chance to win that may be a factor to consider.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time walking through this process and the sticker price at LTLC seems much more valuable for what you get.

Compare what you get, practices, spring league, fall and summer tournaments,,,if clubs are offering similar things at much different pricing levels then ask yourself what is the difference? Maybe it is coaching, maybe it is more position based trainings, maybe it is elite level versus lower levels but Predators were AA last year so presumably it is other things,,,if in your assessment offerings are equal then you are just paying for a name brand and is that necessary for a 6th grade team? Many folks will have different opinions on that I am sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Compare what you get, practices, spring league, fall and summer tournaments,,,if clubs are offering similar things at much different pricing levels then ask yourself what is the difference? Maybe it is coaching, maybe it is more position based trainings, maybe it is elite level versus lower levels but Predators were AA last year so presumably it is other things,,,if in your assessment offerings are equal then you are just paying for a name brand and is that necessary for a 6th grade team? Many folks will have different opinions on that I am sure.

Yes, Recreation-based programs (LTLC, HOCO, Etc.) are typically much less expensive than private clubs. Part of the difference are field rental costs and staffing. Rec. programs generally get help by the County. The tournaments are typically the local and less expensive one. Tournament costs are a large part of a team’s budget. The biggest problem with the recreation-based programs is retaining their best players. Eventually, the best kids want to play on the best teams and wear the swag to school. Elite level clubs also attract the best coaches. There are few instances where a LTLC or HOCO can run with the “blue blood” clubs past 6th grade. Another issue I’ve found is the player turnover with the elite clubs. Ever year it seems that 1/3rd of the players get replace by better players. Things can get complicated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people seeing a lot of 2028 holdbacks at 2029 tryouts? Just curious....

Typically, the first wave of holdbacks are kids with summer birthday. These kids where held back in school early-on, but were good enough to play at the older group for a while. The actual hold backs, primarily for advantage in sports, starts in 7th and is more wide-spread in 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how the dust is settling at the 2029 levels after tryouts?

Heard Predators picked up 7-8 new players that will probel them even further.
Team 91 MD is still looking?
LTLC still going on, but heard they had 3-4 studs come out?
FCA?
Crabs?
Koopers?

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 63 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 62 63
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard